Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,860 members, 7,883,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:23 PM

As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? (4231 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by waleleader(m): 5:17am On Oct 21, 2006
@Havila, i did mention that i might be impeached but they cant kill me, NO they cant.

Now about building a foundation on federalism, i dont think any government in the world has achieved that yet and i dont see it ever happening. All over the world, people of different nations (as in Clan/kindred) never agree on issues, these will not cease. I hope you remember that Nigeria with 250 ethnic groups is the most diverse country ?
Building Federalism will be tougher than building the pyramids, if it happens.

but building a lawful society is possible, ethnic clashes and disturbances can be curbed if the effective executive arm of the government is active involved in the state.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Aggressa(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2006
@Walelead,
As a leader, you cant say what is right cannot be achieved. If you have time, conduct a desk-based analysis of what led to the collapse of nations like USSR, Yugoslavia and many of the other baltic states. It is the absence of true federalism in a very heterogenous entity. While we might not achieve text-book federalism, we can achieve perfect federalism-perfect for our idiosyncracies.
What do you think is fuelling corruption, fruad in elections, difficulties in implemetation of carefully designed policies etc in Nigeria? While greed is one of them, but you will know power struggle among the various geo-politcal zones is a driving factor. Why do we keep on talking of irresponsible policy like "rotational presidency"? because some zones have been erroneously led to believe they can decided who control power at the central with resulting unfair utilisation of resources. Why should Bayelsa and some other oil-producing states be among the least developed states in Nigeria with higher than average unemployment levels despite producing the bulk of the nations resources? Iit is almost impossible to accurately conduct a census in Nigeria, why? because the political class in the various zone recognise numbers determine how much resourrces can be allocated. Why is there always ethnic coloration to appointments in the guise of absurd 'quota system' at the expense of merit?We can go on and on and eventually trace our problem to the fact that we've not determined how we will co-exist in a multi-ethnic setting. Yes we have 250 (?) ethnic tribes but we have near homogenous geo-political zones or regions that could serve as centre of regional governments. I am from the south west (a yoruba man) and not from the south-south, but I recognise the problem of our country. Dissolution of power from the centre to the regions is the way forward to achieving efficiency in Nigeria.
I wonder how you intend to build a lawful society in a country where some feel they do not belong.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by waleleader(m): 12:39am On Oct 22, 2006
@Havila, that is an excellent analysis. To tell the truth, i have never viewed the many problems of our country from this perspective.This is why even the best politicians need advisors.

Point noted: Build a federal state
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by kheme(m): 1:04am On Oct 22, 2006
i will FIRE every governemnt worker, then organize a training for all new intakes, in EVERY sector! lol
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by kheme(m): 1:05am On Oct 22, 2006
i will FIRE every governemnt worker, then organize a training for all new intakes, in EVERY sector! lol
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by glord4domi: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2006
Dear Reader,

The problem is not with President Olusegun Obasanjo. Nigeria needs Jesus Christ: I thank God we have it now and the Holy Spirit is working in some of us in Jesus Name Amen! With the eyes of God, I have already seen that Nigeria is becoming one of the most blessed countries in the World where many highly respected citizens in the World are seeking stay. Before 2010 all these will be made visual to the senses of those who aren`t spiritually alert. One on the greatest problem of the country has been the destructions caused by the mouth of those living in the country and outside. Let`s change our language today and continue to say; God bless Nigeria, Our eyes are opened to the blessing, we expanding and moving forward in life Amen.

Glord.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Amobi1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2006
we need a system. with out a system, whoever gets in poweer will try and scrow us up. most of the work done in naija now is through paper work. let try compute, it doesn't lie!!!
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by princeonx: 1:53am On Oct 25, 2006
Sell it to the highest bidder! I'm not kidding!
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Amobi1(m): 2:12am On Oct 25, 2006
we need to divide naija piecefully. Muslims sharia law and christians.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by freshB2: 1:24am On Oct 29, 2006
@ Walelead & CO

sorry, but wha you say on the way to the farm is different from wha you say back home.
all the presidents and big boys killin nigeria took this same oat tha you guys are takin yet no difference. macbeth provs power intoxicates. the people who didnt say "if, , i will do heaven" such as Zik, Ojukwu and Pious Anyim did well.

therefore, the right question should be NOW IN MY OFFICE AS AN ACCOUNTANT.LABOURER.TEACHER ETC HOW DO I MANAGE MY RESOURCES TO REPROV THE BAD RULERS? OR DO I COLLECT BRIBE, KILL FOR POST, DISCRIMINATE, SEX INNOCENT LADIES FOR GRADE, CHEAT ON MY WIFEY, ?

I PREFER THOSE THAT DO NOT SAY THIS FALSE ALLEGIANCE. THEREFORE THE BEST THING IS TO KILL ALL OF YOU INLUDIN THOSE RULIN, THAT LIE THIS LIE OF "I WILL".
WEN YOU ALL ARE OUT OF OUR WAY, THE COUNTRY WILL BE WELL AGAIN.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2006
I think first we I will decrease the populaton then I can start with the real thing,
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by fortuneay(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2006
WELL AS FOR ME I WILL JUST TRY TO INVITE ALL THESE TOP TOP MINISTERS AND EVERY POLITICIAN TO A BORAD MEETING , AFTER TWENTY MUNITES I WILL JUST EXCUSE THEM AND DROP A SUCIDE BOMB THERE SO THAT WE CAN ALL HAVE PEACE OF MIND, PEACE OUT
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by gwatala(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2006
As Nigeria's president, I will REMOVE Babalola Borishade NOW

Please let us kick Borishad out before he ruins the country:

These are my reasons why Borishade should (be made to) go now:

For a Minister, he does not take responsibilities. Look where he placed the blames for this latest crash: not anywhere the minstry. This same man almost paralysed the Education sector while he was minster of Education in the year 2003.

Are we really ready to keep in the cabinet of Obasanjo? Some say this petition may not help. I believe that it will. The last protest by parents of another crash under his adminstration was met by brutal force by the Nigerian police. Are we ready to be gagged?

Is Borishade really indispensible in this governement? Can we make him go? I would give a YES to the last question. What about you?

Pls add your name to a petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/borisha/petition.html
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Ezenwenyi(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2006
As the president of the federal republic of Nigeria,i will make sure that the dividends of democracy is made visible by creating more job opportunities for her citizens and by the reconstruction of the "State of the nation" that is making sure that i will make Nigeria a better place to stay, by new infrastructures both in urban and rural areas,i will creat a forum for Nigerians to say their mind by organising a TV program where the citizens of Nigerians can communicate with me every sunday.I will make Education free in all the states.And in order to practice true federalism,state government will be independent of the federal government.There are so many other things that i will do to better the life of Nigerians.Ezenwenyi Stanley.C. for President 2019,that is the year that has been chosen by God for me to bring a change in Nigeria.

Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by freshB2: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2006
@ Ezenwenyi

sorry but the truth remains that it is your kind of people that are real liars and thievers.
i dont no you but i no wen people sound too odd wha they are capable of. ask your self, "how good am i at the work place or school wha ever". dont give mi the answer.

it is your type of people tha i and co, will terminate to clease the land.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2006
You guys should wait until you step into aso rock that is if you guys will ever have the chance to. Because i bet you all you guys have been posting will be the opposite of what you will do. So admin remove this thread.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by freshB2: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2006
@ bush man
you call yourself is busman and your really bush and forest man with no life dream or ambition
wen you come out to intergrate, try to learn and talk sensibly like a human not like some frustrated futureless things---i leave you to think of this.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 06, 2006
simple
i would make sure i implement the following
1. introduce a software program that would be removing N1 from each taxpayers money and paying it into my account in switzerland
2. make sure i troduce N5000 notes so when taking money in Ghana must go i can carry 50 million at once
3. create a new efcc to be fighting my enemies while icontinue with my looting
4 revoke the licenses of sold govt properties and resell them with me and me havng 90% share of the companies
5. change transcorp to transvillage
6. well since nigerian are easy to please get in some chinese to build 5 refineries at chinese standards that would fail immediately i leave office and see to it that i inflate the cost of building with 40% belonging to me
7. u might say am an igbo man so i have to please my people some how. remove importation ban all goods are now free to enter, so the average igbo man can carry on in his importation bizness
8 use the opportunity to deal with the hausas for killing igbos every riot when the problem was caused in denmark. send in the soldiers to demolish the northern state of the riot the way odi job was carried let others learn from it
9. ban every govt official from sending their children to school abroad and see  to it that abroad university certificate becomes invalid in nigeria
10. be a pet to US if not who go support my looting?

hmm no forget to give una electricity and make sure i steal from the ajaokuta steel complex which has become a national disgrace

well give the people what ever they want if u do anyhow u see anyhow

grin

make una no try me oooo i go better pass obj
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by freshB2: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2006
@ KC abi?

your among the real nigerians i would love to rule with mi, because you hav jus said it unlike others tha would lie to please others yet remain the worst of all.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by thecolonel: 5:16am On Nov 07, 2006
Throw a 400billion party with Jay Z, Diddy and Oliver da Coque on stage
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 1:20am On Nov 08, 2006
Na yam? mumu
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 08, 2006
@radiant

u dont know wat goes on in govt house cos if u do u would know it is even easier than yam

na akara and bread
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 1:20am On Nov 10, 2006
Tahhh!. . . . don't call my name again
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Odeku(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2006
Radiant you dey all over self, how bodY
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2006
lol. . . . body deh cold o wink
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Odeku(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2006
come make i warm you up now
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2006
What's ur home add? grin
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by thecolonel: 7:35am On Nov 12, 2006
I'll go pay for some Odeshi and Sell some oil to get more richer
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2006
thecolonel:

I'll go pay for some Odeshi and Sell some oil to get more richer

What a pity 
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by mowapa(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2006
First of all, i will have to choose who among my many wives will be first lady then i will let her influence who gets what position in my cabinet. Every member of her family will probably become wealtier than most Nigerians, i will sell off all government industries and buy almost all thru proxy. will rehabilitate my old man farm with newer farming machineries, all this will be done with govt money disguised as bank loans. if anything happens to my wife, i will let her only son inherit the NGO she started, that was contributed to by all governors seeking my blessing and approval without recourse to laid down rules or law governing charity organization, oh well my ideas are endless, but someone already beat me to it OBJ.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2006
@mowapa

very good . the ideal president we need inthis country

u fail to add that u would reduce funding to the educational sector so bad that the schools would fail
then u and ur vice president would open ur own universities u might even call it vp-american university of nigeria

but u would see to it ur children are not in any of these schools they shouldbe in europe

try and see to it that ur children get married while ur still president u never might tell they would be given hummer jeeps as present

make sure u dont have a petroleum minister
remove ur finance minister if he does no support stealing
mind u , the aviation sector is now a new means to kill ur enemies so u have to have some one with sharp mouth to man the field just in case

wat else ? may be more ideas would come with the position wink
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2006
Make people happy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fg Awards N12.2b Contracts For Repair Of Lagos-benin Road / Fashola 's Problem In Lagos State / Court Orders Police To Evict Satguru (guru Maharaji)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.