Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,643 members, 7,941,491 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? (4277 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by danderson(f): 8:36am On Dec 03, 2006
No boby is saying something about the casualisation of nigeria workers and capacity building as well as enormous enviromental degradation in the NigerDelta.

I will consider the above as well as empowering the activities of EFCC beyond extra judicial measures especially on our Corrupt politicians and 419ers.
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by ov: 2:38am On Mar 01, 2007
ALL i will do is increase beer production and make star FREE cool. and as soon as my time is up i would have left 50kobo in the national treasury. grin. then move and stay in CALABAR grin
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by Hoteph(m): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2009
l will kill all our past leaders or rather rulers but both the living and the half deads lol
Re: As The President Of Nigeria, What Would You Do? by prosper87: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
If I'm the president of this country, I will carry out some reforms:
1) Political reforms: I will sack all the politicians, except for some that are reliable. I will employ more graduates and youths into the political sector to head government post. I will ensure that they are constantly monitored, and their accounts will be under scrutiny to prevent embezzlement. grin

2) Educational reforms: I'll establish an organisation that will sponsor teachers for further training in advanced countries. I'll re-orientate this sector so that students will aim at becoming self-employed rather wage-employed. I'll also
establish a special university where only the top students in JAMB will only be admitted. No need for post utme. White teachers would be employed into that institution as well. I'll also establish thousands of National libraries for students to read in during the weekends. This is just a handful tho.

3) Electoral sector: I'll change some things about how leaders are voted into power. I'll make it look like US elections so that illiterate and incompetent leaders will not surface in such election. It will be in three stages. At the first stage, everyone most vote for the party of their choice. Only 10 parties will proceed to the next stage. At this stage, the candidates of this parties will be known and they would debate. Thereafter, only two will proceed to the last stage where the eventual winner will emerge after series of votes.It would be the toughest and the most popularly supported election ever. That's Democracy obviously ( Government by popular support or consent)

4) Other sectors like industrial sector, Agricultural sector and so on would be revitalised and improved. More employment opportunities would be available for science and technology related students.

In fact, there are many other things I'll do like introducing an Automobile manufacturing industry nation-wide with young graduates employed in them. Foreign experts will employed for supervision and training of this youngsters. I'll provide a federal hotline for contacting the federal government directly for complaints or suggestions to possible measures for national development. Honestly speaking, by 4years time Nigeria would be the best country in the world it ought to be. I love my country and I love my fellow Nigerians. As the president I am only but a servant because I was elected to be a representative of the people; to translate their desires to reality, not the erroneous belief that I am the head and all that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafran Radio Station Broadcasting In Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, Nnewi, Port Harcou / Read What Happened That Made Dakuku Peterside Escape Assasination Attempt(pics / Letter By Zenith Bank: Is It Acceptable To Write A "Letter" Without Date On It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.