Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,038 members, 7,970,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation (4284 Views)

Stephen Keshi Demands N1billion Compensation From NFF / Keshi Drags NFF To Court / NFF To Pay Keshi's Outstanding Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Myself2(m): 8:52am On Mar 25, 2010
Hmmmm,after hearing of the mind-boggling sum Lagerback is gonna earn,Amodu suddenly has ideas.Go brov,he that is down needs fear no fall
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by otokx(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2010
Nigeria is and has always been unfair to law abiding citizens who serve their fatherland. This man qualified us twice for the nations cup and both times the reward for such meritorious service has been to show him the way out. The new white man is going to fail woefully and will return to his native land smiling then we shall be back to square 1.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2010
He is a criminal. We know he was the coach that made us go to the world cup. But what about TB. Maybe TB will also sue nff. Amodu should get the 4k off. His outstanding salary will be paid to him which wont be more than 5m
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2010
shadrach77:

Amodu wants N300m as compensation for redeployment

Amodu was reassigned to the Super Eagles Team B, comprising home-based players, after winning a bronze medal at the Angola 2010 Africa Nations Cup. In a report posted on MTNFootball.com, Amodu, who was replaced by Swede Lars Lagerback, is asking for N135 million for the remaining part of his contract, which was to have ended in July.

He is also asking for another N165 million as bonus for qualifying Nigeria to the 2010 World Cup. He has already taken his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS). Ironically, Amodu also qualified the Super Eagles to the 2002 World Cup but was axed after a squabble with the country's top officials, thereby allowing Adeboye Onigbinde to lead Nigeria to the World Cup.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=240310&ptitle=Amodu%20wants%20N300m%20as%20compensation%20for%20redeployment

That is weird. Amodu has turned to something else. What kind of amount is he demanding. He is a numb
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:22am On Mar 25, 2010
I feel like strangling Amodu. God qualified us. We should also give thanks to Moz for not selling their match against Tunisia
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:24am On Mar 25, 2010
Amhatu:

A big Thank You to Amadou for Taking Nigeria to the World Cup and being strong during the negative atmosphere NFF created. Only Amadou will get the credit and not any one else including NFF.

Amadou deserves all the money he askes for and more.

Goodday.
Lie
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Blazing99: 9:25am On Mar 25, 2010
Ranks007:

Amodu is not a good coach, those players used individual skills and experience to get us to the world cup. I agree with him to go loggerheads with the his former employer. But the bottom line is who is more important  Amodu or Nigeria. If you know the nitty-gritty of the game soccer, you definitely agree with me Amodu is not good.

This post makes sense.

As for Ndcide, you're being sentimental. You cant afford to be sentimental with football. The best has to lead and the weaker leaves, elese you're toying with a game that brings joy to more than 120 million Nigerians
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by spikedcylinder: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2010
He is also asking for another N165 million as bonus for qualifying Nigeria to the 2010 World Cup. He has already taken his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS). Ironically, Amodu also qualified the Super Eagles to the 2002 World Cup but was axed after a squabble with the country's top officials, thereby allowing Adeboye Onigbinde to lead Nigeria to the World Cup.

This case is not going to be tried in some slimy court in Igbosere but in the CAS. I believe Amodu has a case here and he's a smart man.
He signed on as the Super Eagles Technical Adviser, qualified us for the World Cup (luck, Mozambique or otherwise) and gave us a Bronze Medal at the Nations Cup (which was thoroughly undeserving by the way but he did it) and now, they want to relegate him to Team B (what is Team B anyway? Does it exist?) which his contract does not cover. If he wanted to sign on as a coach for Team B, he could have done so from the start and to make him coach this second, non-existent team, I believe he needs a new contract which he must agree to sign on to.
Until then, give him his N300m, maybe it'll teach the NFF a few good lessons.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2010
adisa363:

it is complete rubbish and garbage that NFA could sack amodu after he took us to world cup the second time. lagerback or lagerfront will lose by the special grace of GOD in the world cup. amodu will win.
we just have to start believing in ourselve, if what they want is a foreign coach, then they need foreign fans and followers,

Sacking amodu was the best thing to have happened. Taking injured players  to the nations cup. I have no beef 4 him but he lacks tech know how 2 lead us 2 the world cup
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Maxidoe(m): 9:29am On Mar 25, 2010
In as much as we all have right to our opinions, i hope we know much about the topic at hand, do you watch football?do you like Nigerian teams?does it hurt to know Nigeria is doing bad in tournaments?if your answer to all this questions is yes then i must tell you Amodu is not that man, he does not have the tactical input to coach the Nigerian national team and array of foreign based players coached by the best coaches in the world.A coach who does not select the best players does not deserve to take us to the world cup.Ayeigbeni,Kanu,Olofijana etc,had no business in the team.Besides he has no case cos he was no sacked he was only redeployed and nothing in his contract states that their is special bonus for qualifying for the world cup, after all he was even given a Kia Sorento and 1million naira as an appreciation,as dull as he is as a coach so dull he is with his case, even a law student in the university would floor him in court.We are not saying it must be white,but a good coach, aside super eagles, some home based clubs and that club in south africa that he almost took to relegation, what other teams has he coached, he can never coach any small team, check out Keshi, he has been coaching other African countries, which is a pedigree of a good coach
 And those saying we dont appreciate our own,do you appreciate Yaradua your president? the answer is no,that is because he is not doing well same with Amodu.England has one of the best league in the world but coached by an Italian, cos they want the best.We may come out in first round in the world cup,but if we come out with our heads high then so be it,rather be the flogging team that wud concede 15 goals in 3 games, with a bullard sitting on the bench without any clue or the easiest of tactics
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:30am On Mar 25, 2010
Blazing99:

I wonder what you guys are siding Amodu for.

This guy is incompetent, period. I cannot remember the qualifying matches that took us to the 2002 world cup but I reminisce that he performed so cowardly in the 2002 nations cup that the whole Nigeria wanted his head for ruining our wining chances.

Then came qualifying for the 2010 world cup for this guy to shame his critics and he did his best, how? By placing us in a critical position, where WE NEEDED LUCK TO QUALIFY, and we were lucky so we qualified.

We then gave him another opportunity to show his coaching skills in the 2010 nation's cup. All we could see was Amodu sitting down moping while his team went flopping so bad that a team populated with under-21 players stroked us out.

Now tell me, should this coach now be given a world cup opportunity to prove himself again? I say hell no, else we want to go to the world cup without winning a match.

Amodu has no case and I'm on NFF's side to render his claims meaningless. We need coaches with competency not coaches to pity.

Supported. I agree on those points highlighted
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 9:32am On Mar 25, 2010
mama-gee:

What a thief!
U beat me 2 that word
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Wrex(m): 9:41am On Mar 25, 2010
Amodu deserves everything penny he requested for.NFF can't just treat him like shit.I think he is a lot wiser now
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Kx: 10:01am On Mar 25, 2010
All through the qualifiers,Amodu was paid salary and was even rewarded with a jeep.
He was just redeployed not sacked.Has he forgotten that his employer reserves the right to
redploy him wherever they felt his services was most needed?
He has just rubbed salt to his wound in Nigeria Football.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by PurestBoy(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2010
Amodu deserves a place in the new ministerial lists
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by igeluma: 10:42am On Mar 25, 2010
Please NFF pay Amodu all his salaries and bonuses,labourer deserves his wages says the word of God.
will don't want any distraction on this world cup.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by eros(m): 10:44am On Mar 25, 2010
Amodu just wouldn't quit, would he? Now that he has finally realised its all over for him, he wants to force a retirement money out of the NFF. Nice one sir, but you ain't getting none. Dick head, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by eros(m): 10:45am On Mar 25, 2010
igeluma:

Please NFF pay Amodu all his salaries and bonuses,labourer deserves his wages says the word of God.
will don't want any distraction on this world cup.

HAHA, very funny. In what capacity will he be serving if i may ask?
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by MrCartha: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2010
That's how patriotic we are. Listen Amodu, learn to leave the stage while ovation is still high. You have earned them ticket to SA 2010, why not wait and see what miracle Lagerbeer (Oh sorry!!!) Lagerback and his grand-players will perform in SA come summer cool
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by omar22(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2010
This case is not going to be tried in some slimy court in Igbosere but in the CAS. I believe Amodu has a case here and he's a smart man.
He signed on as the Super Eagles Technical Adviser, qualified us for the World Cup (luck, Mozambique or otherwise) and gave us a Bronze Medal at the Nations Cup (which was thoroughly undeserving by the way but he did it) and now, they want to relegate him to Team B (what is Team B anyway? Does it exist?) which his contract does not cover. If he wanted to sign on as a coach for Team B, he could have done so from the start and to make him coach this second, non-existent team, I believe he needs a new contract which he must agree to sign on to.
Until then, give him his N300m, maybe it'll teach the NFF a few good lessons.

SPOT ON,

He wasn’t sacked due to gross misconduct! He was sacked due to poor performance, it wasn’t stipulated that he would get a certain amount if his contract was terminated within its duration this means the NFF has to cough up the rest of his contract and any bonus or fee that was promise to him. Amodu has a very strong case and if Amodu could prove that demoting him has affected him psychologically and future employment, CAS could ask the NFF to pay more and you don’t want to mess with CAS.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Manutddude(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2010
omar22:

SPOT ON,

He wasn’t sacked due to gross misconduct! He was sacked due to poor performance, it wasn’t stipulated that he would get a certain amount if his contract was terminated within its duration this means the NFF has to cough up the rest of his contract and any bonus or fee that was promise to him. Amodu has a very strong case and if Amodu could prove that demoting him has affected him psychologically and future employment, CAS could ask the NFF to pay more and you don’t want to mess with CAS.

Errr, Bro, he wasn't sacked, he was redeployed, U might want edit that ur post grin

eros:

Amodu just wouldn't quit, would he? Now that he has finally realised its all over for him, he wants to force a retirement money out of the NFF. Nice one sir, but you ain't getting none. manliness head,  tongue tongue tongue tongue

The guy too mumu sef!!! Make e go find work for one school as games-master jawe, His experience is only for African Nations Cup not World Cup,make e go sidon jare!
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by omar22(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
Errr, Bro, he wasn't sacked, he was redeployed, U might want edit that your post

whatever!!! that wasnt what he signed for in the begining, he has a contract in black and white!!!
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by KennyG6(m): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
I'm with Amodu all the way on this one. That he is no longer the manager of the national team gladdens me, but NFF cannot just relegate/sack a coach under contract without some sort of compensation. The manner he was ditched these two occassions is bad and he needs to get as much as he can from the NFF
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by tayoast(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^exactly!! He shd av sued them long ago. He stands a pretty good chance of winning/milking NFF
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Manutddude(m): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
tayo_ast:

^^exactly!! He shd av sued them long ago. He stands a pretty good chance of winning/milking NFF

He wants to milk tight-fisted thieves dry? Hmmm, lets see him do that,
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by omar22(m): 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
He wants to milk tight-fisted thieves dry? Hmmm, lets see him do that,

Through the CAS!!!!!

*They could order the NFF 30 days to pay him or the super eagles face the consequence

*Deduct his money from money allocated to each country after each game (according to result or outcome) at the world cup
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by spikedcylinder: 9:58am On Mar 26, 2010
omar22:

Through the CAS!!!!!

*They could order the NFF 30 days to pay him or the super eagles face the consequence

*Deduct his money from money allocated to each country after each game (according to result or outcome) at the world cup

True but then again, we don't know the details of Amodu's contract which I believe at this point should be made public as well as the recent Lagerback's.
I remember with Bonfere Jo, there was a clause in his contract which stated that: should his appointment with the Super 'Eagles' be terminated before the end of the contract, he would receive a compensation of $180k which they didn't pay until he dragged them to court. Same thing with Voghts.
When Amodu was signed on as the Technical Advicer of the team, there was an existing coach for the Home Based Team B, Okey Emordi or so (don't really remember his name), where is he now?
The NFF have taught Amodu bigs lessons over the years and he has gotten smarter. They need to compensate him abeg.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by PRINCEJV2(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2010
He's not even grateful for that huge amount of hard currency issued to him. He's not even ashamed of himself and still had the guts. He's not even a Fit-To-Win Coach. Much due respects to Coach Tella.May his good Coaching soul and spirit Rest In Peace.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by MrCartha: 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
Berti Vogts wants Fifa action over Nigeria unpaid wages

Coach Berti Vogts has returned to Fifa to ask the governing body to act on Nigeria Football Federation (NFF)'s refusal to pay monies owed him.

Despite the claim by the former Eagles coach, NFF boss Sani Lulu insists the issue was resolved two days ago.

Fifa ordered the NFF to pay the German an undisclosed amount four months ago as his unpaid wages during his stint as Nigeria coach.

With the 30-day deadline elapsing by over eight weeks the NFF has still not paid the amount due Vogts, his lawyer Stefan von Moers claimed.

The dispute now looks set to rumble on with Vogts taking the Nigerians to Fifa's disciplinary committee to take action.

"We have no option but to return to Fifa to ask the disciplinary committee to act on the Nigerian FA's refusal to pay up," Moers told BBC Sport.

"Fifa ruled in our favour way back in December and its now eight weeks since that ruling and we have heard nothing from the Nigerians."

Even though Moers claims that the money has not been paid, Lulu is confident the NFF will not be trouble with Fifa's disciplinary committee.

He says the stand-off arose because they got the wrong account details of the German which led to the delay in payment.

"I don't think we are in trouble with Fifa. The issue was solved two days ago so when the coach checks his account he will see the money," Lulu told BBC Sport.

"The initial account number we had for Vogts was wrong and it took some time for the bankers to get back to us as it a foreign transaction.

"We got the correct bank account two days ago and we have sent the money to his account so there should be no problems."

Fifa confirmed that they ruled in favour of Vogts after he reported the NFF for ending his con tract early without paying him off.

The German was fired after the Super Eagles dismal showing at the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations with three months left on his contract.

"We can confirm that based on a claim from the German coach Berti Vogts against the Nigeria Football Federation, the Single Judge of the FIFA Players' Status Committee passed a decision in the matter on 10 December 2009," a Fifa spokesman told BBC Sport.

"The findings of the decision were formally notified to the parties on 16 December 2009.

"An amount corresponding to certain unpaid wages was awarded to the coach."

Vogts, who is the current coach of Azerbaijan, led his native Germany to the European title in 1996.

Just another cat out of the bag grin grin grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8587639.stm
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by 49cents(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
if amodu qualified us to the world cup as his ghanian and ivorian counterpart did then kudos to him; we made it to the mundial not qualified, there is a big difference.
Okay we made it to the world cup, but can his team capable of showing any sign of being competitive, face it he dont have not team !
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by sley4life(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
He can go 2 hell

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Football Betting Business Lucrative Business To Venture Into. / Hilarious International Football Faces Look Alike (photos) / 2odds+ Daily, Make Money Betting On Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.