Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,829 members, 7,918,666 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:45 PM

Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam (6634 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by gbengapro: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
THE OTHER FACE OF LAGOS-PART 3

GOVERNOR FASHOLA AND THE LEKKI TOLL ROAD SCAM

We are concerned citizens of Lagos who are determined to fight corruption and expose the present Governor of Lagos in his corrupt tendencies and abuse of office. We have published the first and second part of our series for the information of members of the public who toil day and night to pay taxes to this government. In our first series, we catalogued several cases of corruption by the Governor and his immediate predecessor. Some of these were earlier publicized by the writers of “the true face of Lagos” while others were on the Lekki concession, land matters, bus assembly plant and the disappeared proceeds of sale of econet shares. The second series was on the Tejuosho market scam and the role of Governor Fashola.

Since our last publication, we have received hundreds of mails, text messages and phone calls by well wishers and other concerned Lagosians who commended us for this public service and demanded for more revelations. We are particularly surprised that many asked for more information on the facts of the Lekki-Epe expressway concession. It is based on this popular request that we have devoted this third series on THE LEKKI ROAD STORY AND THE ROLE OF GOV FASHOLA.

THE FACTS

1. The Lekki-Epe express road was initially constructed by the Jakande administration and completed by the Mudashiru and Mike Akhigbe military administrations in 1987. The entire Lekki axis was then opened up for rapid development. Between 1985 and now, the corridor has been experiencing rapid and unprecedented urban growth as hundreds of new communities, developments and estates have developed which drew large population of low and middle income Lagosians.

2. The last administration realizing the urgent need to address the fast growing problem of road congestion conceived the idea of the expansion of the existing express road into a six-lane roadway, the construction of an alternate coastal road that will run from Ahmadu Bello way in Bar Beach, along the shores of the Atlantic ocean towards Ibeju-Lekki Local Government area. The third leg was the construction of a fourth mainland bridge, from Langbasa area near Ajah across the Lagos Lagoon to Ikorodu town and detouring somewhere to join the existing third mainland bridge thereby forming a circular road around Lagos.

3. A committee was initially set up which recommended the adoption of the PPP concept to handle the project since it was thought then that because of the magnitude of the project, the state government might have to collaborate with the private sector under a Private-Public-Participation (PPP) model to handle the project.

4. Thereafter, Tinubu’s greed took control. He floated a company-Lekki Concession Company (LCC) to handle the project as a consortium and appointed a financial advisory company ARM as the financial adviser.

5. LCC immediately asked for 1,000 hectares of prime land as the contribution of the state government to the project. This was immediately granted by Tinubu and he released the c of o within weeks for 1,000 hectares of prime at Awoyaya, Abijo, Eputu and Sapati all in Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area. Part of the land is now being developed as ADIVA housing and golf course project by ARM

6. The project was later jettisoned after obtaining the hectares of land and other payments from the state government and in its place; the rehabilitation of the existing Lekki expressway was adopted by the consortium. There is no basis for a toll road and 30 year concession arrangement for a mere rehabilitation and expansion of an existing road which the government could afford on its own.

7. Indeed, the Federal Government under President Olusegun Obasanjo wrote to Governor Tinubu in 2006, offering to construct the coastal road free of charge to Lagos and its people from the Lekki Free Trade Zone to Ahmadu Bello Way in VI. He also sent a letter of commitment written by a Chinese construction firm to that effect. Governor Tinubu firmly rejected this offer and instead opted to abandon the coastal road project which the concession was initially meant for and instead signed a 30 year concession for a toll road to his company.

8. The rehabilitation work commenced in late 2006 with the expansion and rehabilitation of the Ozumba Mbadiwe end to Mobil building and the 49.4km main Lekki road rehabilitation started in 2007 shortly after Fashola became Governor

9. By this time, Fashola’s crony-Dr Tunji Olowolafe was made chairman of LCC and the entire contract was awarded to HITECH. HITECH is owned by both the Chagouris and former Gov Bola Tinubu who is the Chairman

10. LCC was given a 30 year concession (note that all their concessions are usually 30 years) with no competitive bid, no competing quote and no professional evaluation. The whole thing was packaged by Tinubu and executed by Fashola for their own selfish interest.

11. To further confirm this, Tinubu has built a multi-billion naira state of the art hotel-the Oriental Hotel along the express road. Conveniently, the toll gate is located a few meters before the hotel coming from VI so that the hotel clients wouldn’t have to pay toll. Even, special entry and exit points (including a roundabout) have been constructed for the hotel and the multi-level car park beside it (also owned by Tinubu) by the construction company using tax/toll payers’ money. Talk about creating a personal empire. One man owning an express road and a multi-billion naira hotel.

12. The 49.4km two-phased project is to cost an outrageous N50 billion which the innocent citizens and particularly the residents and indigenous communities of Lekki, Ajah, Epe and Ibeju areas will cough out over the next 30 years while Tinubu, Fashola, Olowolafe, the Chagouris and their other collaborators and their unborn generations will be smiling to the banks. A simple arithmetic shows that cost of construction averages N1billion per 1km. This did not include the 1,000 hectares of land and other costs already incurred by the Lagos state government. This must be the most expensive road anywhere in the world! Meanwhile, there will be 3 toll plazas in a 50km stretch!

13. Already, the rehabilitation work which started in 2006 has only achieved less than 2km in over 3 years; meanwhile, the consortium has only concentrated on building the toll plazas rather than first completing the two phases for the convenience of residents. Residents in these areas spend more than 6 hours daily on the road while the situation will get worse during the coming rains. This has disrupted the lives of the citizens and no proper alternate road was constructed by the consortium.

14. The entire Lekki axis hosts millions of indigenous people who are fishermen and farmers and have occupied their lands for centuries. They are largely poor and agrarian from villages like Ajah, Badore, Elegushi, Ajiran, Sangotedo, Abijo, Ibeju, and all communities in Eti-osa, Epe and Ibeju-Lekki Local Government areas. These indigenous people along with others living in the area are now being forced to pay toll to enter and exit their fatherland.

15. These people who have been subjected to economic misfortune occasioned by seizure of their lands by this government are now been economically drained by the imposition of toll gates within their communities. There has never been any consultations with the people neither was there any environmental impact assessment before the commencement of the project.

16. THE BIG FRAUD

This is the biggest fraud ever conceived!

(a) A road that was initially constructed by two previous administration and that belong to the Lagos State Government is now being jointly owned by Tinubu-the former governor and Fashola-the present governor through his crony-Dr Tunji Olowolafe under the consortium LCC

(b) LCC was appointed without conforming to the Public Procurement Act of 2007. There was no public bidding process, no competing bids from other consortium and the fact that the former Governor and the present Governor have personal interest is criminal in nature.

(c) LCC will collect toll from the taxpayers of Lagos over the next 30years. The amount to be collected was not subject to any negotiation or law by any regulatory agency. Which means it is arbitrary and could be changed without notice anytime through the duration of the 30 year lease.

(d) In addition, landowners and prospective builders of homes are being charged heavily as infrastructural charge, land use charge and personal income tax and are now required to pay road tax or toll. This is multiple taxation in its worst form.

(e) The people’s livelihoods have been disrupted for the past 3 years without compensation and there is no alternate road anywhere as it is in practice in other parts of the world where there are toll roads.

(f) A concession that was granted for the building of a coastal road, 4th mainland bridge and expansion of Lekki road has now been turned into mere rehabilitation of an existing road for the same 30-year concession. This is fraud

(g) Fences are being built around the toll areas to box residents within the area. This has security and safety implications. If there is a major emergency like major armed robbery operations, civil crisis, major floods, fire incidents etc and residents need to be evacuated in a hurry; there will be major massive bottleneck at the toll plaza as there is no other escape route except through the lagoon or Atlantic Ocean. Remember the Oke-Afa mass drowning incident of 2002. God forbid!

(h) The owners of LCC have also received cash payments and land grants from Lagos state government in addition to the 30 year toll. These payments and land grants were initially made under the agreement that the 4th mainland bridge-Lekki road-coastal road would be built. It is therefore criminal to obtain compensation for a project only to turn around and reduce the scope.

(i) Several prominent Baales, residents and associations have voiced their objections over the years but were arrogantly ignored by government and LCC. The Eti-Osa Heritage Group, Concerned Residents of Lekki-Ajah (COROLA) and other Indigenous groups have expressed reservations and berated LCC for what they considered inequitable for the residents.

(j) We indeed wonder what the Lagos State House of Assembly is there for if it cannot raise its voice to protect its citizens. The House is indeed culpable as it remains ineffective when this entire charade is going on under its watch or is the House of Assembly another conquered territory of both Tinubu and Fashola?

A CALL TO ACTION

(k) We call once again the anti-corruption agencies particularly the EFCC to take immediate steps to commence investigations into the activities of the LCC, ARM, former Governor Tinubu, Governor Fashola, and Dr Tunji Olowolafe in this mega fraud. We wonder why the EFCC has not done what it did in states like Delta, Bayelsa, Plateau, Sokoto, Nasarawa, and Edo by carrying out detailed and comprehensive investigations into the books in Lagos State to expose the corrupt practices of those running the affairs of the state.

(l) We call on all residents in the entire Eti-Osa, Epe and Ibeju axis who would be affected one way or the other by this toll road to protest and resist this toll arrangement. We particularly call on the traditional rulers, and community leaders within the indigenous population who are being forcibly fenced in against their wish and forced to pay tolls to protest loudly and seek legal redress to resist this injustice.

(m) Finally, we call on all Lagosians to call the Governor to order and to condemn this flagrant corruption and abuse of office by the governor and his predecessor and their cronies.

The Lagos Progressives is determined to expose corruption and abuse of office prevalent in Lagos state.

We are not a faceless organization as we are willing and ready to come forward with facts and documents whenever any of the anti-corruption agencies invite us. We make bold to say that our organization will not relent in our efforts to expose corruption in Lagos State Government and we still have many more releases for members of the public in the coming weeks. Please watch out for

part 4

Signed

MR GBENGA THOMAS WALE ONILE-ERE

Cordinator Secretary

THE LAGOS PROGRESSIVES THE LAGOS PROGRESSIVES

Tel: 07065443358 TEL: 08088662074

Email: lagosprogressives@yahoo.com
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2010
This is serious. They didn't construct Lekki road really but I don't think there is toll there either. When last I visit 9ja weh I go know sha. Maybe the toll fees will be used for upgrades and to maintain the road. I don't think LCC is claiming the road.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Oboma1(m): 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
Fashola, what is your problem? Are you really sane, if all these allegations are true?
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by naijatoday: 1:29am On Mar 25, 2010
I thought the contract for the Lekki toll was awarded by the Tinubu administration? (this is just a question)
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by babapupa: 1:56am On Mar 25, 2010
naijatoday:

I thought the contract for the Lekki toll was awarded by the Tinubu administration? (this is just a question)

U neva hear say na Fashola Kill Jesus?

lmao,
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by felele(m): 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
I hear Tinubu's company are in for a hard time when it comes to the collection of those "tolls". Residents and indigenes of the area, from Eti-Osa to Ibeju-Lekki have sworn to make his life a living hell in the months and years to come.

Imagine, 1 billion per kilometre!!!!

Just what does Tinubu take Lagosians for?

Who the hell does he think he is?

And why on earth has Fashola not repudiated this obviously fatally flawed contract, on the basis of undue influence alone?

Is Fashola benefitting from the "concession"? I doubt it, but his in-action on the matter begs the question, doesn't it
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Lagosboy: 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2010
Both Tinubu and Fashola are super rogues , it is high time lagosians wake up and stop praising this wolf in sheeps clothing called Fashola. This cabal have lagos in their pouches and it is only years to come we will discover the many sharp practices when they have sold half of lagos to themselves. We should never be contended with medicority Fashola is doing some good job but that is no excuse for looting inflating contracts and other criminal acts they should all be in jail for. Fashola is same as Tinubu there is no difference apart from Fashola having the energy to do more visible things. They have both developed a teflonic skin of which nothing derogatory sticks on them all thanks to the media.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by desgiezd(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
There they go again. Shouldnt they forward this to EFCC rather than just shouting on rooftops?
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Emperoh(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hey!!!
Nuhu Ribadu!!!! where art thou!!
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Lagosboy: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2010
desgiezd:

There they go again. Shouldnt they forward this to EFCC rather than just shouting on rooftops?

EFCC is probably looking the other way thanks to the billion Tinubu allegedly paid to her when she came in.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by joeyfire(m): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2010
This road scam is one of the biggest cases of governmental fraud we may ever witness. I live at Ajah and ply that road daily. I also pass through the toll gate near lekki phase 1. They havent started charging tolls but I wonder why this so called progressive government has to allow them erect a massive tollgate with air conditioned booths (each booth has a split unit a.c) when the road isnt even 10% completed. I asked an LCC worker when they intend to start taking the tolls and he said reluctantly told me June 2010 was the planned month.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Lagosboy: 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
joeyfire:

This road scam is one of the biggest cases of governmental fraud we may ever witness. I live at Ajah and ply that road daily. I also pass through the toll gate near lekki phase 1. They havent started charging tolls but I wonder why this so called progressive government has to allow them erect a massive tollgate with air conditioned booths (each booth has a split unit a.c) when the road isnt even 10% completed. I asked an LCC worker when they intend to start taking the tolls and he said reluctantly told me June 2010 was the planned month.

Oh my God June 2010 and they will use the motorist money to fund the rehabilitation. Gosh Fashola and Tinubu are both super rogues
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by violent(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
. . Lagos Progressives my thin black árse.

If they have hard facts, let them petition the EFCC

This is definitely PDP at work, they are determined to take over Lagos state come next election.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by violent(m): 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2010
This is the biggest fraud ever conceived!

(a) A road that was initially constructed by two previous administration and that belong to the Lagos State Government is now being jointly owned by Tinubu-the former governor and Fashola-the present governor through his crony-Dr Tunji Olowolafe under the consortium LCC

Pardon my ignorance but how exactly can two individuals own a road in Nigeria?
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Lagosboy: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
violent:

Pardon my ignorance but how exactly can two individuals own a road in Nigeria?

It is called a wonderful innovation in the booming industry of corruption in Nigeria.

PDP,AC are all birds of the same feathers. Thieves rogues and fraudsters!!!
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by doyin13(m): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
The contract was signed before Fashola took over so I guess that is one
mitigating factor in his defense.

As per the road works, the LCC chairman in an interview I read recently
tried his best to explain the cause of all the problems with the construction.

Problems like gaining right of way and the absence of alternative routes the latter
admittedly the fault of the LASG. But he also said tolling will only begin once I think
10 kms'$ or so of the road is completed, and not 2km. He predicted the construction
would go a lot quicker as many bottlenecks have been sorted out.

Doesn't say much for their project management but eh. . .well at least nothing sinister
is going on.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by felele(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
Just how much more sinister does this deal need to be?? The contractor, Hi-tech Construction, is a MAJOR member of the consortium that was leased the road by Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former Governor, in his last administration.

The same contractor has Bola Ahmed Tinubu as its Chairman and major shareholder!!!! Not sinister The man basically "dashed" himself an entire corridor of Lagos, and you see nothing sinister?

The "consortium" was also dashed land in excess of 1500 hectares in the Ibeju-Lekki area, going right up to the sea, and you still see nothing sinister If I were to value the land, we would say at about N1,000,000 per plot, 1500 hectares would come to about N22.5 billion.

They get to keep all the money from the tolls, and the Land, and the state gets nothing more, and you see nothing sinister

World bank funds are also involved, and yet the state has to part with well over N22.5 billion in assets, and you still see nothing sinister?

The quality of the road is VERY HIGHLY questionable, considering the amount of pure filling sand that they use as the sub-base for the road. This means the road is highly unlikely to last beyond the 30 years they've got the concession for.

The fact that Tinubu awarded the concession to a company in which he has more than a passing interest should be enough reason for the cancellation of the concession.

ANOTHER ANGLE: IF LAGOS STATE HAD KEPT THE N3 BILLION/MONTH IT WAS PAYING ALPHA-BETA CONSORTIUM (ANOTHER TINUBU FIRM) FOR THE 31 MONTHS FROM MAY 2007 TO DECEMBER 2009, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH IN THE KITTY TO EXPAND THE ROAD, EVEN AT THE OUTRAGEOUS COST OF N50 BILLION LCC ARE CHARGING, THE STATE WOULD HAVE HAD ABOUT N93 BILLION SAVED!!!!!

Fashola needs to cancel that contract, NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by doyin13(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
felele:

Just how much more sinister does this deal need to be?? The contractor, Hi-tech Construction, is a MAJOR member of the consortium that was leased the road by Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former Governor, in his last administration.

The same contractor has Bola Ahmed Tinubu as its Chairman and major shareholder!!!! Not sinister The man basically "dashed" himself an entire corridor of Lagos, and you see nothing sinister?

The "consortium" was also dashed land in excess of 1500 hectares in the Ibeju-Lekki area, going right up to the sea, and you still see nothing sinister If I were to value the land, we would say at about N1,000,000 per plot, 1500 hectares would come to about N22.5 billion.

They get to keep all the money from the tolls, and the Land, and the state gets nothing more, and you see nothing sinister

World bank funds are also involved, and yet the state has to part with well over N22.5 billion in assets, and you still see nothing sinister?

The quality of the road is VERY HIGHLY questionable, considering the amount of pure filling sand that they use as the sub-base for the road. This means the road is highly unlikely to last beyond the 30 years they've got the concession for.

The fact that Tinubu awarded the concession to a company in which he has more than a passing interest should be enough reason for the cancellation of the concession.

ANOTHER ANGLE: IF LAGOS STATE HAD KEPT THE N3 BILLION/MONTH IT WAS PAYING ALPHA-BETA CONSORTIUM (ANOTHER TINUBU FIRM) FOR THE 31 MONTHS FROM MAY 2007 TO DECEMBER 2009, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH IN THE KITTY TO EXPAND THE ROAD, EVEN AT THE OUTRAGEOUS COST OF N50 BILLION LCC ARE CHARGING, THE STATE WOULD HAVE HAD ABOUT N93 BILLION SAVED!!!!!

haaaa. . .now when you put it like that

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by Lagosboy: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
felele:

Ye paripa Fashola and the governor general don kill us finish o. Nobody can tell me Fashola is not benefiting from this project. Felele is high time you consider going into politics Lagos needs sincere lagosians to move us foward.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by felele(m): 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lagosboy:

Ye paripa Fashola and the governor general don kill us finish o. Nobody can tell me Fashola is not benefiting from this project. Felele is high time you consider going into politics Lagos needs sincere lagosians to move us foward.

The annoying thing about this whole matter is that I suspect Fashola is not benefitting from this arrangement at all. I mean, the guy is a lawyer, a SAN for that matter, and I'm sure he understands the implications for him, if a future government decides to take a more forensic look at the deal. No. I believe it is Tinubu and Tinubu alone, in his misguided attempt to install himself as a mini-god in Lagos and the whole of the south-west.

I think he has bought into all the lies about how Awolowo allegedly enriched himself corruptly.

This is NOT how Awo did it. The Leventis retainer was just one of Awolowo's cash cows in his rather lucrative law practice, which kept going, even throughout his involvement in politics. Can Tinubu point to anything other than politics that he's doing as a professional "treasurer"??

At least, Fashola, like Awolowo, can point to a flourishing legal career prior to being appointed Tinubu's chief of Staff. I have no doubt that he'll return to it, even more profitably, once he finishes his tenure as a governor.

However, in order to finish his tenure honorably, he needs to attack the issue of corruption and corrupt deals that were entered into by the previous administration, in order to be able to extricate himself from any charges of corruption himself. He cannot allow the fear of Tinubu lead him through the gates of an undeserved incarceration, He is an omoluabi,

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by mbulela: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
how can you suspect that he is not benefiting from this arrangement?
What is he?a saint? or a buffoon?
he is none of the two, so i assume he is a major beneficiary of this scheme.
There has been way too much smoke in this LCC wahala for it to be dismissed as a baseless rumour.
why build a toll gate when the road is no where near complete?What service will you be paying the toll for?
only in Naija,

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by felele(m): 12:26am On Mar 27, 2010
mbulela:

^^^^^^^^^
how can you suspect that he is not benefiting from this arrangement?
What is he?a saint? or a buffoon?
he is none of the two, so i assume he is a major beneficiary of this scheme.
There has been way too much smoke in this LCC wahala for it to be dismissed as a baseless rumour.
why build a toll gate when the road is no where near complete?What service will you be paying the toll for?
only in Naija,

Mbulela, this is precisely the sort of accusation which Fashola continues to open himself to, and if he is not careful, it may begin to impact his efforts to turn us all into honest, tax-paying citizens negatively.

He needs to repudiate whatever contract gave Hi-Tech the prominence they have on that road immediately. The revocation of the 1500 hectares in Ibeju-Lekki also needs to happen asap, or else, he will give fuel to the fire being stoked by the detractors (not undeservingly) of the AC and its leaders as represented by Tinubu and his boys.

Fashola needs to let the Lagosian in him speak and act. His conscience must guide him, rather than political expediency or a misguided sense of loyalty to a man whose main means of political engagement is the elimination of ANY opposing views!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by babapupa: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2010

Eko o ni bake l'oju awon olote lai lai,

lmao
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by lannre(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2010
More money for the Propagandist.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by babapupa: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
And more sadness and heart burn for the haters.

It is your God's given right to hate, to be sad and feel disgruntled, just too bad your sad and gloomy outlook can't stop the Great State of Lagos from progressing accordingly. We left you behind in 2007 and we're not looking back, it's a new and brighter day for Lagos State. Deal with it.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by truly: 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Felele
Mbulela, this is precisely the sort of accusation which Fashola continues to open himself to, and if he is not careful, it may begin to impact his efforts to turn us all into honest, tax-paying citizens negatively.

How can he repudiate something he is benefitting from? Look at any thread that is critical of Fashola, you will see his people coming strongly to abuse Tinubu while praising him. So what gives them that confidence? The gentleman must have abandoned 2nd term ambition or have made enough money to fight Tinubu

Since the man has changed his mind about doing just 1 term and is ready to fight for a 2nd term, then he must have made money. The question is from where? Nairaland donations?

Nigerian politics is dirty and expensive. Why has the man not defended himself against all these allegations? SAN or no SAN, he is a Nigerian politician and has to confront the PDP machinery. With what - internet votes and impotent rage?

The allegations against Fashola will shock us and make us lose hope in this country if they are made public. Every sector - professionals, religious leaders and so on - are all involved.

we should not be blinded by false posturing by any side.
My theory is that nobody, I repeat nobody, holding an elective position in Nigeria is innocent.
If he/she was innocent before becoming an aspirant, the process of becoming a candidate and winner of election will corrupt him/her
It is like a bride who is a virgin hoping to remain one after becoming a biological mother!

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by ikeyman00(m): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BIG WURU WURU FOR LAGOS SIDE

DEBT spranging up

yes go eko!!!
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by pcicero(m): 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
I don't know what part of Lagos State Babapupa (and his ilks) comes from. But, I am very sure that no real indigene of Lagos State will condone the evil being perpetuated by Tinubu and his acolytes.
Let them keep shouting "eko o ni baje" while they continue looting our wealth. Very soon, the real people of Lagos will do what needs to be done about them. I hope they won't be blaming PDP then.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by doyin13(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2010
pcicero:

I don't know what part of Lagos State Babapupa (and his ilks) comes from. But, I am very sure that no real indigene of Lagos State will condone the evil being perpetuated by Tinubu and his acolytes.
Let them keep shouting "eko o ni baje" while they continue looting our wealth. Very soon, the real people of Lagos will do what needs to be done about them. I hope they won't be blaming PDP then.

I don't want to hold court for Fashola or Tinubu. . .

but the recent upsurge in criticisms stinks as much as
the contracts they are directed against.

There is a reason Fashola is widely revered, the formidable
public relations machine aside.

There is a sense of direction and purpose that has given
many lagosians hope that is in short supply anywhere else in
the nation.

Now the critics have crawled from everywhere and cried to high
heavens over accountability. Remember, this contract is almost
half a decade old now, and all of a sudden a year to new elections
all this malarky.

The clamour should be for openness in government and not for
Fashola's head. That is a crusade I might believe in and not
the buzz of opportunists as we have now.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by DrKitaun(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Doyin13

what do u have when all this sudden brouhaha has become the latest fad in town whereby u have twats like forpeace sposnored by Tinubu to come sway public opinion on the www . . .

check the latest posts of Forpeace ; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-profile/u-470778/sa-showPosts/start-0

u will agree with me that he deliberately registered on NL to come disparage BRF . . .

whether dem like am or not, BRF for 2nd term . . .

Its not about PDP, Its about AC, if Tinubu persists the people that put him there will leave the party for him, join Labour Party and WE WILL DEFEAT TINUBU EVERYWHERE IN LAGOS AT THE NEXT ELECTIONS !!!

FASHOLA FOR 2ND TERM !!!

no more jeun soke . . . .

EKO O NI BAJE !!!
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by mbulela: 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2010
doyin13:

I don't want to hold court for Fashola or Tinubu. . .

but the recent upsurge in criticisms stinks as much as
the contracts they are directed against.

There is a reason Fashola is widely revered, the formidable
public relations machine aside.

There is a sense of direction and purpose that has given
many lagosians hope that is in short supply anywhere else in
the nation.

Now the critics have crawled from everywhere and cried to high
heavens over accountability. Remember, this contract is almost
half a decade old now, and all of a sudden a year to new elections
all this malarky.

The clamour should be for openness in government and not for
Fashola's head. That is a crusade I might believe in and not
the buzz of opportunists as we have now.

For the avoidance of doubt, the views of Doyin as expressed above are mine too,
In addition,i just think that the Nigerian public (even the educated internet ones) are too gullible.
If we were not, we would not ascribe this saintly profile to Fashola and swallow the c r a p that Tinubu and his paid servants peddle around the whole place abouth the governor-general.
In my view,Tinubu is no worse than Ibori and Odili.
The only difference is that one pretends to be a progressive and a democrat owing to his association with Nadeco while the other is known for nothing but his thieving tendencies.

On the issues at stake, i think both are partners in loot.
This does not take away the fact that Fashola is a visionary and purposeful governor, an anomaly in the present set up.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Lekki Toll Road Scam by olaolabiy: 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2010
this political jobbers have started this fashola thing a again.tinubu must be an idiot for trying to destroy fashola.who is he(tinubu) anyway?people made him.he now thinks of himself as some sort of lord.i used to love him but not anymore.fashola is not a saint but better than tinubu.simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Visits Bomb Site / Bunmi Awoniyi's Investiture Ceremony: Pictures & Videos / Bauchi Paid N79.3bn As Salary In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.