Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

All About Nilesat Installations - Satellite TV Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Nilesat Installations (255414 Views)

All About Nilesat,badrsat Leaving, In Northern Nigeria In 1.8M And 2.0M Dish. / What Is The Best Frequency Polarity To Track Nilesat Ku Band In Osun, Nigeria / Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
olenyi:
First make sure u got all ur frequencies correctly inputed if u blind scan and still nothing. Then try getting a better lnb to see if dia's gonna be an improvment.

Ibaku: Saipro,if u are no longer receiving those channels like cnn n osn, it simply means the new nilesat 201 is out of your reach. why not try again these time in the morning using dubai one tp.

I'm grateful for your advise. Better yet, your willingness to assist. However, my LNB is pretty good too. Ripe & custom enhanced. I've managed to now hit 70% for MBC channels (unprecedented for me). As proffered, I'll rest for now, I'm apparently well beyond the fringes of the satellite's footprint. I'll try again some other time. Or sooner if someone hits green on the sought after channels. Cheers
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by TOMTOSHO: 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hi George D,

Kindly send me your mobile phone sir. I have got a request to make of you. Here is my e-mail sir.....tomosho9@gmail.com.

Tanx and have a lovely week!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
hi tomotosho,
you got mail!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by osef(m): 5:47am On Nov 27, 2012
@ George D. kindly mail me your phone no i seriously need to contact you, also if is not being stressful to you can you mail me what i will require in kogi so successfully nail this nilesat ve tried a whole lot to no avail , maybe there is something am not doing right. my mail is osef55@yahoo.com I
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ameboperoo1: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2012
Osef. I offered to give a hand concerning ur nilesat installation but u seems to ignore me. I c we r very close geographically and can exchange ideas but I now hold my peace.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
osef,
you got mail.

meanwhile, why don't you reach out to ameboperoo.
looks like he may be of more help to you than you think. just a thought.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kaybaba5(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2012
i want to downgrade my strong 4699x decoder to version 2, i power on my decoder this mornin what i saw just started OTA downloading amd its just removed my vga dongle option, now i cant use my avatar, so am looking for software to downgrade it so dat ,my vga port will be working. thanks

i dont need upgradin but it has upgraded to v5
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by olenyi: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2012
Kay-baba:
i want to downgrade my strong 4699x decoder to version 2, i power on my decoder this mornin what i saw just started OTA downloading amd its just removed my vga dongle option, now i cant use my avatar, so am looking for software to downgrade it so dat ,my vga port will be working. thanks

i dont need upgradin but it has upgraded to v5

Try pressing 6969 twice to see if the options submenu comes back. Regards.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kaybaba5(m): 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
I pressed d option but notin happens pls help me
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by osef(m): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ all. I really appreciate this tthread for being so so helpful i was able to nail nilesat with a great help from George D. Am very greatful to him for his tip gave me nile site in less than 20 minutes, though am still go to fine tune as he adviced cos my aljazeera is 74% and i did get over 100 channels, including the MBC up to Four, as well as max, am so happy and greatful to you all, i learnt my lessons that you need to use correct apparattus and equipment to obtain success. My regards to all
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by osef(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2012
George D. Am so greatful for your assistances, i really appreciate you, also i will go also to fine tune as you said may God bless you.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by osef(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ ameboopero i appreciate your offer of assistance. May God bless you
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by united1111: 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2012
pls house, can i receive nilesat in ibadan with 2.4m net dish.
Thnks in advance & God bless
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2012
united,
if you mean net as in mesh dish, the simple answer is no. you need a solid dish (either pan or fiber) to receive nilesat.
besides you'd be better with sizes 3m and above.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by united1111: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
George_D: united,
if you mean net as in mesh dish, the simple answer is no. you need a solid dish (either pan or fiber) to receive nilesat.
besides you'd be better with sizes 3m and above.
Thanks, am very grateful
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 3:10am On Dec 02, 2012
Ibaku: Saipro,if u are no longer receiving those channels like cnn n osn, it simply means the new nilesat 201 is out of your reach. why not try again these time in the morning using dubai one tp.

Made an interesting discovery last week: the channels I seek are now on Eutelsat 7W. And they aren't quite out of reach; merely annoying to lock onto. More importantly, last night about 1:00am while fiddling with the equipment, Al Jazeera hit 82% and behold, a couple of them popped up again! Further fiddling lost the signal but I've ordered 3 LNBs (Inverto red, black & Invacom). When they arrive, I'll fiddle some more. Just took delivery of two DiseqC 1.1 switches as I intend to maximize LNBs on my 90cm & 100cm dishes.
My Nilesat dish is 2.6m fibre and I live in Ilorin.
Cheers!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by olenyi: 4:38am On Dec 02, 2012
Saipro:

Made an interesting discovery last week: the channels I seek are now on Eutelsat 7W. And they aren't quite out of reach; merely annoying to lock onto. More importantly, last night about 1:00am while fiddling with the equipment, Al Jazeera hit 82% and behold, a couple of them popped up again! Further fiddling lost the signal but I've ordered 3 LNBs (Inverto red, black & Invacom). When they arrive, I'll fiddle some more. Just took delivery of two DiseqC 1.1 switches as I intend to maximize LNBs on my 90cm & 100cm dishes.
My Nilesat dish is 2.6m fibre and I live in Ilorin.
Cheers!

Fiddling/tweaking ur dish by 1 am. I'would say dat's a clear case of ASAS right there. grin shocked cheesy grin

https://www.nairaland.com/803584/asas-acute-satellite-addiction-syndrome
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ameboperoo(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
olenyi:

Fiddling/tweaking ur dish by 1 am. I'would say dat's a clear case of ASAS right there. grin shocked cheesy grin

u r very right and after those channels popped up, he went ahead
Fiddling/tweaking till he lost them again. U've said my mind. grin tongue tongue
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
olenyi:

I don't quite remember denying ASAS. In fact, my wife had long since pointed out the diagnosis even before the syndrome hit this forum. That being said, Nilesat signals peak around midnight to 2:00 am.

Just to pique your interest, yes, I've charted Nilesat signals over a 24-hour period. More than once. And as Ibaku said, they're pretty strong in the morning. But stronger late at night.

Speaking of ASAS, you're replying my post at 4 O'clock in the morning.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ameboperoo: u r very right and after those channels popped up, he went ahead
Fiddling/tweaking till he lost them again. U've said my mind. grin tongue tongue

You really can't fault my fiddling & tweaking. I had to test the limits of signal reception. Moreover, I'm darn certain everyone on this forum has trodden the same path, some much more than others.

Let's however not lose focus of the lesson to be learnt here: those channels aren't the exclusive preserve of 4m & beyond dish owners. I'll give further feedback AFTER my LNBs arrive
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ameboperoo(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Never mind us o. We were just ... Another lesson learnt is the peak period of nilesat signal. Those of us in the middle belt should have an edge over those in the south south and Lagos environs. I'm now inspired to refurbish my 2.6m which has not been performing well for over 1year now.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by olenyi: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Saipro:

I don't quite remember denying ASAS. In fact, my wife had long since pointed out the diagnosis even before the syndrome hit this forum. That being said, Nilesat signals peak around midnight to 2:00 am.

Just to pique your interest, yes, I've charted Nilesat signals over a 24-hour period. More than once. And as Ibaku said, they're pretty strong in the morning. But stronger late at night.

Speaking of ASAS, you're replying my post at 4 O'clock in the morning.

cheesy I once slept over at a friends place so i could track nilesat by 1 - 2 am. Yesterday, i missed an outing just because i wanted to help a friend input new multi tv freq. Before i understood what was happening, i was already on top ladder with my cloth, fixing his dish. I later started laughing at myself. All for the love of FTA. My warm Regards.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Naldogen(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Well done @Olenyi and Ameboperoo, for ur contributions to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ameboperoo(m): 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Everytin I know about sat installation starts from this forum. I'm only giving back from what I've taken.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2012
I'd like to believe Ameboperoo & Olenyi aren't the only other people on Nairaland who are on a Nilesat quest. Contributions are welcomed. No, they are in fact solicited & requested for.
Thanks!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
@George_D @Olenyi thanks for your concern. I apologise for the late response.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
How I improved my nilesat reception by cutting-out the feed horn of a new digisat 4 port lnbf.
Ist- I have to buy a 4pin to drop my 2pin digisat lnbf since experience have taught me that the higher the number of ports of an lnbf, the better the lnbf efficiency. On the 2nd image below, I have to remove the cover of the lnbf feed horn. On the 3rd image is a naked lnbf. I did this so that I can have a perfect chance for the job. You know that this idea of cutting the lnbf came from the knowledge that an lnbf with a feedhorn is made for offset dishes while lnbf with scalar ring is primarily made for prime focus dish. My 3m is a prime focus dish therefore I have to cutout the feedhorn of that lnbf because it is not necessary for my dish. I taught about starhold fugi which is a ku band lnbf but it is built for prime focus dish because it have a scalar ring and not a feed horn. From the image below, I pointed the third ring of feedhorn because that is where the cut will commence. The last two image is showing the lnbf with no feedhorn and the feedhorn that have been removed from the lnbf. I will post the screenshot of my nilesat tps and that of the lnbf on the dish later. I couldn't get a good screenshot with my phone. The conclusion is that the lnbf improved my nilesat reception by 8%! Imagine my weak jsc tp jumped from 58% to 66%. Men na gbam!

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
ยค

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by olenyi: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
@Auchs,

Its good to have u back. Nice work u gat going on. Am waiting and watching.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
My brother I fill you.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
auchs,
good work there.maybe i should try this with my own digisat and see how it all plays out.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wrong thread but I'm sure someone here has tried tracking MBC on Badr @ 26E.
I'm trying to draft a backup plan for when MBC migrates to Eutelsat 7W & becomes (possibly) unreceivable by we <3.0m dish owners. Though my simple setup with an "ordinary" cut-up LNBF on a fibre 2.6 dish bests many guys (in Southern/Western/Eastern Nigeria) on a reception basis (@68%). Can't bank on that for the seemingly imminent migration (Eutelsat 7W). Focused help would be much appreciated.

PS: Has anyone noticed Eutelsat 7W (dubbed Nilesat 107) is slightly off from Nilesat 102 & 201. Noticed a while back but thought it worthwhile mentioning for guys tracking either satellite (it's infinitely easier tracking Al Jazeera on Eutelsat 7W as a start-off point)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.