Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,160 members, 7,946,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Difference Btw Dangote And Some Religious Leaders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Btw Dangote And Some Religious Leaders (387 Views)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / COVID-19: Enugu Religious Leaders Urge Residents To Obey NCDC’s Regulations / "She Killed Her Mum,plucked Out Her Eyes, And Left Some Religious Notes"-police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btw Dangote And Some Religious Leaders by tallfish145(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Aliko Dangote is the President and CEO of Dangote Groups
Bishop Oyedepo is the General Overseer of Winners Chapel International.
Both men sit on billions. Dangote employs and feeds millions. Oyedepo receives 10% of salary of every Dangote employee who is a member of Winners Chapel every month.
Dangote owns and runs industries. Oyedepo owns and manages investments including fees paying University.
While Dangote pays taxes to the Government, Oyedepo pays nothing.
Dangote has one private jet but Oyedepo has a fleet of six private jets including Bombardier.
Citizens are supposed to be responsible and tax compliance. Here we are with two extremes; a community builder and a Scammer.
Our Government needs to take a second look at the fleecing charade known as Organized Religion.
Re: Difference Btw Dangote And Some Religious Leaders by Sagacity07: 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
grin

Its like the new trend is the bashing of men of God...Covenant University pays tax....

I know the real issues but I'll only address what is stated.
Re: Difference Btw Dangote And Some Religious Leaders by OtemSapien: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
You can't compare the two of them because it's like comparing catarrh with butter. One collects from the poor masses to enrich himself, but the other don't. The difference is clear.
Re: Difference Btw Dangote And Some Religious Leaders by Sabergol99(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Well, Mr Enlightened. Since am bored I'll crave your indulgence for a few minutes. Your article is poorly researched, I'll-concieved and uncalled for. Am a critic of religious excesses myself but slandering based on facts would get us Nowhere. Since it's between Oyedepo and Dangote, I'll stick to the points you posed.

Dangote renders no special service to society today, just sells really expensive cement - highest in the World, in Nigeria. Also posts ridiculous profits Y-o-y for doing so. He employs some 20,000 people - a mere fraction for a company of his size. He's successfully leveraged on the gaps in our system to create a monopoly in the mining industry and is now moving into oil and gas. He pays virtually no taxes contrary to what you may believe - as he gets tax rebates and pioneer liscences y-in-yo. He does do humanitarian work, which is commendable. Don't forget he's worth some $12b or something.

Now Oyedepo - Employs over 50,000 people - from churches, schools, and other investments. Owns the frontier research universities in Nigeria today. Does humanitarian work through his charity arm. - I have more than 10 friends who benefitted from 100% scholarships to landmark university, kwara. Remains one Nigerias biggest exports in Africa, don't know about him owning 6 private jets though.

I hope you see that they aren't so different afterall. Don't give yourself a heart attack over religion, and what people choose to do with their lives. I criticize religion too but it's not the source of our problem, only a means to an end

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SHILOH 2017: Ignorance Reasons Many Christians Are Oppressed – Bishop Oyedepo / Beware: January Preachers Ready To Scare And Then Scam You / ''tithing Is An Insurance Against Satanic Encroachment''-pastor Matthew Ashimolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.