Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,069 members, 7,933,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:50 AM

Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl (10138 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Kay17: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2010
its from a religious precept, that such barbarity is accepted. children are to be protected not exploited.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by komekn(m): 7:02pm On Mar 28, 2010
The more you look at this matter the worse it gets, this despicable behaviour is far more prevalent than I thought, it is not isolated but general practice amongst Islamic nations.

This barbaric ideology and practice I can assure certainly does not come from God as we know him.

SANAA, 28 March 2010 (IRIN) - Hundreds of women clad in black `niqabs’ demonstrated in front of parliament in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on 23 March. Some were waving banners with the words: “Yes to the Sharia [Islamic legal] rights of Muslim women”, while others raised the Koran above their heads. “It is against Islam to set a minimum age for marriage,” said Zeinab al-Sunaidar, 27, a secretary from Iman University. “A girl can get married when she’s an adult - for some girls that is when they are 15 and for others when they are nine.”

http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=88589

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2010
I can't be bothered anymore jare because it seems muslim women like it.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by oderemo(m): 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2010
was looking forward to leaving the Government House because I wanted my normal life back,”
she reminisces.
statement frm his former wife, can one blame her?
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by illusion2: 6:30am On Mar 29, 2010
The onset of menstruation is seen as the rite of passage to womanhood in Islam. . ,  .

You may not agree with it but thats their belief.

They however should not impose it on us in Nigeria,as we are a secular country governed by common sense laws  wink
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 29, 2010
illusion2:

The onset of menstruation is seen as the rite of passage to womanhood in Islam. . ,  .

You may not agree with it but thats their belief.

They however should not impose it on us in Nigeria,as we are a secular country governed by common sense laws  wink

Okay can I ask you a question then.

What about marrying a 6 year old and consumating the marriage at 9 ?

Does a girl at 9 start seeing her period ? And don't start going round in circles because that is also in Islam. Muhammad did it . wink
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ud4u: 11:21am On Mar 29, 2010
Child abuse at its peak
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Kay17: 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
stillwater:

I can't be bothered anymore jare because it seems muslim women like it.
they are in the cage of Islam. miniature examples of mutallab.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by komekn(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2010
Stillwater,

I don't think it is an issue of liking it, what is there to like, the children do not have any choice they are forced, what does a 9 year old know about relationships.

The father's who are supposed to protect them are the abusers and almost trade thier daughters like cattle and refusal can be met by death , honour killings are rife in Islam we have even had some in the uk.

Islam is and continues to be advocated by force that is Jihad, and the reward 43 virgins if you die in the process, THINK ABOUT IT !!! NUFF SAID
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 06, 2010
This is sick, really sick
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by otokx(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2010
Is the girl really 13 years old? Is the man in question mentally sound?
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by 77ken: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2010
By powers given to me by the honorable massria court of justice i hereby sentence him to Life without his mojo, he can choose if he wants the whole thing off or just the head. Bloody MUtallab cool angry
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by trulyopal(f): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2010
@ topic and poster

yeah, its really unfortunate our leaders ar still bringing themselves this low and exposing themselves to unnecessary scrutiny and insult, instead of making waves as regards to development in our nation.
But nonetheless, the posters that hav been harpin on islam supporting child abuse, The last time i checked (i served in a hospital in a southern state of nigeria) 1 out of 7 girls below d age of 13 has had an abortion.So that concludes that christianity permits sexual activities at young age but does not approve of marriage until a girl reaches a ripe age of ? upon which she has successfully/unsuccessfully aborted numerous pregnancies by her numerous trial and error boy friends/fiances/uncles/rapists.
Was it not last year that a british magazine featured the youngest couple in U.K, an 11 yrs old dad and 12yrs mom.But our dear nairaland posters considered dat O.K infact kinda cool considerin na oyinbo do am.
To cut long story short. when will nigerians learn to argue about issues without bringing religious sentiments? angry
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by otawa: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
truly-opal:

@ topic and poster

yeah, its really unfortunate our leaders ar still bringing themselves this low and exposing themselves to unnecessary scrutiny and insult, instead of making waves as regards to development in our nation.
But nonetheless, the posters that hav been harpin on islam supporting child abuse, The last time i checked (i served in a hospital in a southern state of nigeria) 1 out of 7 girls below d age of 13 has had an abortion.So that concludes that christianity permits sexual activities at young age but does not approve of marriage until a girl reaches a ripe age of ? upon which she has successfully/unsuccessfully aborted numerous pregnancies by her numerous trial and error boy friends/fiances/uncles/rapists.
Was it not last year that a british magazine featured the youngest couple in U.K, an 11 yrs old dad and 12yrs mom.But our dear nairaland posters considered dat O.K infact kinda cool considerin na oyinbo do am.
To cut long story short. when will nigerians learn to argue about issues without bringing religious sentiments? angry

Faultless. What a brillant mind!!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Kx: 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2010
After preaching sharia,he went abouting marrying a minor and nobody
said and did nothing,yet they said we have laws. shocked shocked
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2010
Why don't we just make up some excuse for this pervert.

Because 13 and 14 year  girls in the east and uk specifically get pregnant and abort ( a despicable sin ), well then it's really nothing strange for an old man of almost 60 years to wed a minor of 13.

Wonders will never end !!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by naijaswag1: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2010
Nigeria is inhabited by 90% insane cowards period!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
naija_swag:

Nigeria is inhabited by 90% insane cowards period!

Are u for real?
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by puffpuff: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
agbaya
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2010
puffpuff:

agbaya

Lol
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by illusion2: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
truly-opal:

The last time i checked (i served in a hospital in a southern state of nigeria) 1 out of 7 girls below d age of 13 has had an abortion.
You make sense on religious sensibilities. . . but please quote where you got this statistic from. . . its important.

truly-opal:

Was it not last year that a british magazine featured the youngest couple in U.K, an 11 yrs old dad and 12yrs mom.

This was later proved to be false !

So while you're right on seperating issues(like I've advised on NL many times). . .don't quote christianity anyhow I beg smiley
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nigerd(m): 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2010
@ topic

these are what causes death at birth,

Yerima a Disgrace to the parliament,
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
I think such man shd be arrested and charged, but them in Nigeria what is the age of consent
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nigerd(m): 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2010
[quote link=topic=420566.msg5846725#msg5846725 date=1270645527]
The last time i checked (i served in a hospital in a southern state of nigeria) 1 out of 7 girls below d age of 13 has had an abortion.
[quote][/quote]

u r a lair,  13 yrs old gir should be in J. S.S 1 or 2
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ Pls tell him
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by komekn(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
Came across this today for those who still consider this sort of behaviour as normal and i hope it will sway some away from this despicable act of barbarsim in the extreme.

A 13-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal bleeding three days after being married:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8610491.stm
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
komekn:

Came across this today for those who still consider this sort of behaviour as normal and i hope it will sway some away from this despicable act of barbarsim in the extreme.

A 13-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal bleeding three days after being married:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8610491.stm

There are all types of animals on this Earth - some walk on two legs and some walk on four but a man who would take a little girl and repeatedly force himself sexually on her and into her until her reproductive organs ruptured causing her to haemorrhage to death - is not a man  - he is a monster who slithers on his belly making even poisonous snakes look good.

He is the ultimate sorry excuse for a man as real men want to defend and care for children - not despoil them. A man who has intimacy with a child is a paedophile no matter what country he lives in no matter what religion he spouts and no matter what religious book he hides under.

Muslim apologists need not spout their multicultural claptrap  at me - or at the now dead girl - who's young life was snuffed out by a barbarian that would not control his perverted morals or focal places.

Too bad 13 year old, Ilham Mahdi al-Assi, didn't have a Qur'an to hide under or to use to pummel the child rapist she was forced to marry -- instead of being forced to endure horrific physical and emotional torture.

This death is totally outrageous and completely preventable yet even Western countries in efforts to pander to muslims - on every level - spout alot of crap about forced marriage being bad yet are there laws to specifically criminalize it. ?  NO!

Isn't it true that tales of forced marriage are not short of becoming commonplace in England/Great Britain/Europe?  How long will it be before we pick up a newspaper or turn on the telly and read or see a story about focal place mutilation or forced marriage which often leads to child despoil and not even raise an eyebrow?

How long before we are standing - with that rapidly growing crowd - hiding under the Qur'an?
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by olafolarin(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2010
frosbel:

Okay can I ask you a question then.

What about marrying a 6 year old and consumating the marriage at 9 ?

Does a girl at 9 start seeing her period ? And don't start going round in circles because that is also in Islam. Muhammad did it .

Where did you get your distorted ascertions/views from?Which Quran and which Muhammed,
Please get your facts right before writing rubbish,

Most people hide under Islam to commit despicable acts.Quran is even against having a child or children you cant take care of not to talk of defying a 9 year old.
Quran was very clear about marriage and marrying conditions vis-a-vis the age and maturity of the would-be wife.
Quran never supported marrying a 13 year old.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
olafolarin:

Where did you get your distorted ascertions/views from?Which Quran and which Muhammed,

Most people hide under Islam to commit despicable acts.Quran is even against having a child or children you cant take care of not to talk of defying a 9 year old.
Quran was very clear about marriage and marrying conditions vis-a-vis the age and maturity of the would-be wife.

If You say so.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by komekn(m): 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2010
Olafolarin,

You have chosen it seems not to have read through the past posts in this discourse before submitting a post based on your, it seems biased personal religious sentiments, not fact, maybe you should have opted to be quite.

It is your kind of sentiment that fosters acts based not on knowledge but ignorance.

Assuming you are knowledgeable, how old was Aisha when she married Mohammed and how old was she when he had carnal knowledge of her. I usually stay away from religious arguments but this is a lifestyle practised and preached by Mohammed of which millions of Muslims emulate and justify on the basis if it was good enough for Mohammed its good enough for them.

Please, please this is not a personalality attack but an appraisal of fact.

Frosbel, I will respond on your behalf, these are not suppositions but Islamic fact as expressed in the Quaran and the Haditha.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Kenezi: 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2010
olafolarin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad#Aisha
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2010
Please watch this small clip about Hamas perverted monstrous devils marring girls as young as 9 and up to 13.

This was a mass wedding that took place not long ago.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL8ozDosTsQ&hl=en[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) / Bombshell!!! El-rufai, Aisha Kicks As Osinbajo Meet With Service Chiefs / Why Obaseki Lost Edo Gubernatorial Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.