Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,451 members, 7,974,841 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:49 AM

Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party (1900 Views)

Buhari Meets Journalist He Jailed As Military Ruler / Rahama Babangida, Ex-military Ruler's Daughter Stuns In New Photos / "I Am A Former Military Ruler, Now A Converted Democrat" - GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2010
APA, Abuja (Nigeria) A former Nigerian military ruler and head of the opposition All Nigerian Peoples’ Party (ANPP), retired General Muhammadu Buhari, has floated a new party, the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), thus dumping the ANPP.

Buhari contested the 2007 presidential election on the platform of the ANPP, a party that later abandoned him at the election tribunal and aligned with the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP).

He said on Saturday in Abuja that the new party would impact positively on the citizens if voted into power in the forthcoming 2011 general elections.

Buhari told journalists that Congress for Progressive Change emerged to salvage the yearnings and aspirations of the common Nigerians.

The party, he said stood for positive change and stressed that its tickets could only be given to people who do not have questionable characters so that they can truly serve the people.

The national publicity secretary of the new party, Mr Dennis Aghanaya, also said that the national executive committee of the party was on tour of the north-eastern region.

http://www.apanews.net/apa.php?page=show_article_eng&id_article=120981
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by slap1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2010
The Wind Chaser and Other Stories.
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by hatch: 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
Me i thinks that Buhari is now on his own ! undecided
The man is creating more parties at a time that Nigeria is trying to de-congest the number of political parties out there grin
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by monkeyleg: 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2010
Same old rubbish. This is the same Buhari I have always had respect for. He failed to speak up when the nation needed him. He did not comment on the ongoing Yar Adua crisis. Same old Buhari failed to comment on the Jos crisis. In my opinion same old junk car with a slight coat of new paint. Makes absolutely no difference. he has shown us where his loyalty lies.

1 Like

Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2010
@monkeyleg. How did you know Buhari made no comments? You should have said the media didn't publicize his comments.
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by monkeyleg: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2010
@eina,

My people say "Man wey Catch big fish no dey take back yard enter house". If he did speak, his voice was not heard. Did Wole Soyinka not speak? Did Pat Utomi not speak? Even El Rufai spoke. In my opinion, I followed him closely and he was silent.
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2010
I think there is a fraud going on in Nigeria.

People launch political parties because INEC usually do give them funds. This perhaps explains why the proliferation of political parties will continue.

I think INEC should stop funding political parties and all these fools will stop this childish behaviour
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by Jakumo(m): 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2010
Mr. Buhari, that demented orangutan who tyrannized Nigeria in the 1980s as a murderous despot given to killing the innocent for sport, and who in recent years has devoted himself to bellowing out his desire to turn Nigeria into an Islamic Sharia backwater, complete with amputations for petty theft, and the stoning to death of women for various imaginary offences, is a certified psychopath who really needs to be stopped in ANY way possible, from further polluting the air with his insane babbling.

Hopefully the CIA will find a convenient method of silencing this scumbag Buhari by proxy, to put him out of his obvious misery forever, before he ignites a religious war in sub Saharan Africa with his bug-eyed ranting.

1 Like

Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by soldee: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
I smell Buri-caditis - one bite, two shy! Abeg how much does INEC dole out to new parties? Abi na promo? wink
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by udezue(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2010
lol @ buhari
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by KnowAll(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
Buhari is a disillusioned fool, like I said in one of my other post at this serial Presidential Candidate, he has become part and parcel of our election lexicon, even at death, this unsettled soul would be exhumed to run once more again, how ungratifying would Buhari find such a spectacle especially trying to get his attention when he his entangled to the bosom of his 72 virgins.

1 Like

Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by grafikdon: 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
When will Buhari understand there are no such things as flying elephants. I understand the concept of perseverance, but when a man with no arms and no legs insists on climbing a palm tree, it is the epitome of madness.

1 Like

Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by marvix(m): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2010
Buhari has every right to float his party, but my advice to him is that he shld not think of using his party to project himself for any elective office but rather use it as a platform for younger and brighter chaps he cld take his position as Chairman BOT and join d list of Godfathers in d country.

Those who have tried to demonise him are not being fair to him, his 12mth rule was beta dan IBBs 8yr misrule and his fight against corruption was more efective dan Objs fight against corruption both in d 70s nd his 2nd coming. If Buhari had ruled as a military man 4 3yrs only issues lik corruption wld hav bin xpunged frm our lexicon as a nation and crooks like Ibori and Igbinedion wld hav neva surfaced in our history.
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by paddylo1(m): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2010
Mr. Buhari, that demented orangutan who tyrannized Nigeria in the 1980s as a murderous despot given to killing the innocent for sport, and who in recent years has devoted himself to bellowing out his desire to turn Nigeria into an Islamic Sharia  backwater, complete with amputations for petty theft, and the stoning to death of women for various imaginary offences, is a certified psychopath who really needs to be stopped in ANY way possible, from further polluting the air with his insane babbling.   

Hopefully the CIA will find a convenient method of silencing this scumbag Buhari by proxy, to put him out of his obvious misery forever, before he ignites a religious war in sub Saharan Africa with his bug-eyed ranting.

Couldnt have put it much better myself,
The idiot needs to go and sit down, The world has moved on,

imagine pinochet,or other former military dictators in south korea,brazil,indonesia and so on coming forward to contest for elections in 2010?
it is unheard of,
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by Nne5: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Former Nigerian Military Ruler General Muhammadu Buhari Launches New Party by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
paddylo1:

Couldnt have put it much better myself,
The idiot needs to go and sit down, The world has moved on,

imagine pinochet,or other former military dictators in south korea,brazil,indonesia and so on coming forward to contest for elections in 2010?
it is unheard of,

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu’s God Complex / Dame Patience Jonathan: An Original Nigerian Political Godmother. / Aso Ebi Choosen For Obama's Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.