Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Right Age to Date (for children) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Age to Date (for children) (13349 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / What Is The Right Age To Start School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by ssRhino: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
onyinye2:

You sound just like my father. But what daddy doesn't know, won't hurt him.

i guess it is called the father's love, and every man that knows what he has done, he will be scared
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by sistawoman: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
My step daughtar is 16 and has never dated. She will date after first year of Uni.

My step-son is 12 and will not date until high school.

My own daughtar is 8 but will not date until after freshman year of Uni.

And my sons will be allowed to date at around 16.

I know a double standard for boys vs girls but that is life.
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by onyinye2(f): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
$$Rhino:

i guess it is called the father's love, and every man that knows what he has done, he will be scared
Ha ha ha, that is so true. The ones that are strict on their daughters, are the same ones who were most likely players back in their day.
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by KarmaMod(f): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
sistawoman:

My step daughtar is 16 and has never dated. She will date after first year of Uni,

She could be dating right now and you dont even know.

all that "she will and she wont", yea they will and wont in FRONT of you, but they will and would BEHIND you.
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by onyinye2(f): 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

She could be dating right now and you don't even know.

all that "she will and she wont", yea they will and wont in FRONT of you, but they will and would BEHIND you.
You got that right Karma. Especially in the states where a kid could get away with such things easy. Trust me. . . . i have seen it with me own eyes.
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by Ebonyj(f): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2008
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by ssRhino: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2008
sistawoman:

My step daughtar is 16 and has never dated. She will date after first year of Uni.

My step-son is 12 and will not date until high school.

My own daughtar is 8 but will not date until after freshman year of Uni.

And my sons will be allowed to date at around 16.

I know a double standard for boys vs girls but that is life.

That is so much double standard and i dont think the ladies will like it, besides, the ladies that your son will be dating at 16, i am sure they will be like 15 years of age or cld be 16 years of age as well, so why would u allow ur son to do what you wont allow your own daughter to do at that age to other people's daughter?
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by ssRhino: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2008
onyinye2:

Ha ha ha, that is so true. The ones that are strict on their daughters, are the same ones who were most likely players back in their day.

U cld say that again.
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by Geneviev14: 4:16am On Sep 17, 2011
Hey I'm Genevieve and I'm 14, daughter of 2 parents and a sister of a brother 20 months apart. This is what my parents told me about dating; they don't want me to untill at least high school. They say under 15 is just to young, junior high is a s*** load of drama if you ask me from the rough experience I've had, yes I'm on my last year of it and thank god. We have a nice high school in our town, so I'm really lucky, well kinda, A few people are nasty at one, and more at another. So it's gonna be really hard. tongue well maybe wink yes I've had friends go out with people but they ended up with EXTREME heartbreak and it hurt them for a long time. I knew this guy and he really liked me, kinda liked him too, BUt! He fought with me a lot, we were just friends anyways, but things weren't even working out, So a sh** load of stuff happened the 3 years I knew him, both of us had enough, so then never saw him since feburary 1st, But don't really care about him and his girl friend,
My advice to people out there who have high schools worst then me and to those girls out there, PLEASE don't go out with anyone untill like you find a safer place to be. But for people like me and the high school isn't too bad; go out if you have a crush and, just don't do stupid sh** like sex or getting pregnet bleh, That stuff shouldn't happen untill that person is the ONE for you. So, I do have a crush, but I'm not asking him out till I turn 15 this April wink
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
pls o adults,who told u dat u r d 1 to allow d chld date,if she has i cn bet u wnt fynd owt,if she hangs out around jus ha sex ask ha if she is a les. Or he is gay,mk dm show u dr frnds al sxes,ask ha d guy she lyks n klas.tln ha nt 2 is a waste of tym cs she wl nd evn in4m u wv a bby,it tks a wise chld nt 2 or mayb abortns jus so u dnt knw.sendn dm 2 same sex sch is d worst cs ure jus kpn a bmb ready 2 xplode.d ans is 2 gst wv ur kds tl dm ur xprnce nd ples lyk dr ur frnds frm d scratch age nd ul c dat al oda thngs wl b reveald.bt 4 u sayn at 20 ul gv permsn,it is ryt dat i brng 2 ur ntc dat,its nt ur lyf its theirz so ur permsn is nt nded. Dnt b bossy,am 19 am v sure
Re: Right Age to Date (for children) by EzegeNdiigbo: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
Get in yea
I no longer has access to email

Pat062

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Spice Up Your Marriage / Men Learn From My Mistakes / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.