Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,346 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring (4538 Views)

Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? / Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2010
Oyedepo is fake,i want to agree wit kunle wit his contribution.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by sirabbey(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
Truth be told, this is a worrisome trend and it portray the decadence and level of materialism that have crept stealthily into the church. while conceding the fact that not all these Father/son pastoring arrangement is ochestrated by man's greed for control and material wealth; Lets us all take solace in Christ word in Matt 13: 27-30 So the servants of the houoseholder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? Hesaid unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them; but gather the wheat into my barn.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by cibilola(f): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
i really do not like talking about men of God but i can't ignore this thread in regards to Oyedepo and Jnr. Oyedepo. So tell me, did God call all of Oyedepo's children? Because from what i know, Oyedepo Jnr is pastoring London branch when there were other pastors there from the beginning who are older (not just in age but wisdom) than Oyedepo Jnr. I have also gathered that Oyedepo's second son is going to (if not already) pastoring a branch in the US. As if that is not enough, his female children are known as Lady so-and-so, o(one would ask, are they female pastors in the making??)

From what I see, church is a family business, when God calls father, God also seem to call son(s). They want to continue with the business after one generation is over, which is not a bad thing, but at least they should not deny it anymore. PRAISE THE LIVING GOD!! and stop deceiving yourselves
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
cibilola:

From what I see, church is a family business, when God calls father, God also seem to call son(s). [b]They want to continue with the business after one generation is over, which is not a bad thing, [/b]but at least they should not deny it anymore. PRAISE THE LIVING GOD!! and stop deceiving yourselves

Well Oyedepo as at least been honest enough to admit that his church is a business.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
One has to feel very sorry for those that follow these pulpit p*i*m*p*s who are only in it for the MONEY and CONTROL.
I am happy I don't need a MEDIATOR besides Jesus Christ who gave his life for our sakes ( these leaders of the pentarascal movement (apologies Kunle wink) won't even give a suit for their members)

The body of Christ is once again under great attack from within and we need to pray harder than ever.

Shalom!
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by cibilola(f): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2010
KunleOshob:

Well Oyedepo as at least been honest enough to admit that his church is a business.

really? did Oyedepo admit to this fact?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2010
cibilola:

really? did Oyedepo admit to this fact?

Yes he said it in one of his filthy books called "exploits in the ministry"

But Oyedepo, an unrepentant prosperity preacher, who ranks among the richest pastors in Nigeria with chains of businesses, justified the business approach of many pentecostal pastors to evangelism in his book Exploits in Ministry. In the book, he described church ministry as essentially business.

He says: “Without doubt, one of the reasons why most ministers ordained of God fall short of expectation or collapse completely is due to their unbusiness-like approach to ministry. Ministry is essentially business. Jesus Christ said: Wist ye that I must be about my father’s business (Luke 2:49) . It is God’s business. We have been accused of turning ministry into business, but that is not true, we met it as a business. Jesus, the author and founder of ministry, told us it is a business”.

You can see the way he twisted scriptures above to justify the racket he is doing.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by nuella2(f): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
KunleOshob:

Yes he said it in one of his filthy books called "exploits in the ministry"

You can see the way he twisted scriptures above to justify the racket he is doing.

Was he saying pastors been business minded or using ministry as business, COS Jesus doing his fathers business was preaching and doing the father's will on earth. I think i will get the book to comfirm what exactly he was trying to say. Quoting a book from half can be confusing, question? what was said before that statement and after that statement, is the truth.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2010
nuella2:

Was he saying pastors been business minded or using ministry as business, COS Jesus doing his fathers business was preaching and doing the father's will on earth. I think i will get the book to comfirm what exactly he was trying to say. Quoting a book from half can be confusing, question? what was said before that statement and after that statement, is the truth.

Apart from what Oyedepo said, it is evident from the way he operates that he sees the church as a means of accumulating wealth for himself. That is the way he operates, he has amassed a fortune for himself merchandizing the gospel what further evidence do you need to confirm he sees and operates his church as a bbusiness.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by nuella2(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
KunleOshob:

Apart from what Oyedepo said, it is evident from the way he operates that he sees the church as a means of accumulating wealth for himself. That is the way he operates, he has amassed a fortune for himself merchandizing the gospel what further evidence do you need to confirm he sees and operates his church as a bbusiness.

How does he run the church? Do people pay gate fee to enter the church or is he selling salvation and healing to people? If members give thier pastor money, the pastor invests it in business and become wealthy whats wrong with that? It is a crime for a pastor to be wealthy, have not heard he stole money from anybody. Thats a big ministry and members give him personal gifts to appreciate him.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by arowolo888: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2010
Plenty mumu wey oyedepo dey decieve.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by InesQor(m): 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
I am a Christian, but I must tell you

It's very very easy to preach and teach from the Bible without any calling, and without the Spirit of God. It's dead easy, as easy as teaching your favourite subject to a primary school student.

1 Like

Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by nuella2(f): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2010
arowolo888:

Plenty mumu wey oyedepo dey decieve.

What a generation? People that only see problems without been a solution provider themselves. A christian complains mountain of fire casting out devils shouting fire but he has never attempted to cast out one devil b4, Pastor chris preaching around the world with curled hair but with his uncurled hair he has not preached to anybody for the past ten years, not even to his friends that are atheists, today miracles are fake or staged but he has never prayed for someone with malaria. Tb Joshua is fake but they cannot even fast for three days talk of pray all night.
How can people spend all their lives complaining about what they never attemped doing or standing out to BE THAT CHANGE.

I love the body of christ, we are growing by the day i believe. Weda someone will be discrediting pastors from morning till night i love them and chose to pray for them. Cos it takes courage, love, committment to be in ministry  cos what people see is thier fine suits and shoes. Nobody remember where they are coming from, the pains, attacks and persecutions. Nowadays christian rejoice when a pastors wife die, askind foolish questions like why didnt he pray for her, kai. Christians dance when they hear a pastor is sick or his wife ask for divorce, what a generation!!!

Where is the love we preach about? Before i say anything about a church i check out thier statement of faith thats the most important thing. Imagine Paul rejoicing when Peter is in prison. Even when i correct or show people what they are doing that is wrong, i choose to do it in love, not calling people Zombies, Children of God. Noboby will carry me to heaven, everybody will carry himself there.

My father would have died long ago if not that he used pastor chris, my sister would have been that lost girl if not that God used Bishop Oyedepo. Weda Redeem, deeper life, baptist, anglican, winners, Cec, catholic as long as thier statement of faith is the foundational beliefs of christianity, i chose to love them and will not destroy them with my mouth. I will continue to pray for the body of christ, that we grow in knowlegde and perfection, Come lord JESUS!!!

Ephes. 4:11-16
    And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; [12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: [13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: [16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

SHALOM.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by kenny888: 9:56am On Apr 01, 2010
U do well
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 12:03pm On Apr 01, 2010
These are the last days, many will come in his name but are far from HIM in their hearts, doctrines, actions, etc.

"He who have ears, let him hear", " The eye is the light of the body, if the eye is good, the body will be full of light, "

It's a free World and no one need to follow the other but their heart as "each of us would have to work out his/her Salvation with fear and trembling, "
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Nuella
On the surface of it you have written well and we as christians should show love and be more interested in projecting the faith. But Jesus himself warning us that wolves would slip into the fold, he warned us that they would be very deceptive and convincing but he further taught us how to recognized these fake preachers. Do you think he was giving us these warnings so as to tolerate the wolves amongst us or to expose them? I am not passing judgement on anybody but it is my christian duty to expose the wolves amongst us going by biblical standard, becos this is what christ taught. What you ought to realize is that these criminals are destroying lives and leading people away from their salvation contrary to the impression they give, the more they are exposed the less lives they would destroy. Christian leader must be accountable to their followers and must be held to biblical standard, if they deviate we must hold them to task less we have more Rev Kings emerging from within.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 12:52pm On Apr 01, 2010
My brother kunle, may the good Lord bless you for your straight forwardness and fact. You have done realy well by educating those that are already decieved by d so called pastors.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by jydewalker(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
This thread is boring and let me say unfair. the poster mentioned only 2 example and concluded that all G.O are making their children Pastors.

Pls, lets do something better than all these gbeborun.
Let them be. And say something reasonable and impacting.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
jydewalker:

This thread is boring and let me say unfair. the poster mentioned only 2 example and concluded that all G.O are making their children Pastors.

Pls, lets do something better than all these gbeborun.
Let them be. And say something reasonable and impacting.

If it is boring, what a re you doing on it Na so you jobless reach?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2010
Help me ask am
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by TPS360: 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2010
divine calling maybe?, perhaps?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 9:28am On Apr 02, 2010
Okay what about Archbishop Idahosa church, church of God mission int, when he died his wife fight tooth and nail to take over the mantle of leadership,she had problems with some senior pastors on her way to be the head of the church, Margaret Idahosa took over as the head of the church,she later became a bishop,i dont know who ordained her and the criterial that was used. Is this soppose to be a family affair?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by kenny888: 11:40am On Apr 02, 2010
Hmmmm this person have touched another vital issue.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Ganjaseed: 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
Its all about business these days. David oyedepo is a smart guy, if he has developed a shelf of anointing oils for different purpose namely (oil for pregnancy, oil for prosperity, oil for husband and all that) with their price tag and our Nigerian brethren are purchasing it like no mans business men he meant business, his son need to oversee that empire of anointing oil co-operation.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2010
It's business pure and simple and we need not kid ourselves about it being what it's not. If it quacks like a duck, it most definitely is a duck.

Pastor Kumuyi might be the only exception but I can't prove that just yet, I will ask around though, promise.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Maykelly(f): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2010
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring

[size=18pt]Would they have rather ask them to join politics in NIGERIA?[/size]
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Enigma(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
Of course it is business and they are simply following the pattern of their American tutors/mentors! In any event they plagiarise ther American senior heretics in many other ways ---  including the so called "books" and other material with which they bamboozle their ignorant victims.

They call their business "ministry"; they should really be calling it "m-industry". At least Oyedepo agrees that he is in business even though in typical fashion of the greedy and corrupt he twisted scripture to try and fit with his "my belly is my god" approach.

There are several examples of their American senior heretics who have passed the m-industry down to/on to children or other family members including: Kenneth Hagin Snr to Kenneth Hagin Jnr; Oral Roberts to Richard Roberts etc etc etc.

In any event even when the head kahuna is still alive, the m-industry is always run as a family business, anyway (e.g.Kenneth Copeland and his children and son in law). Don't you wonder how the head kahuna's so-called "anointing" is transferred such that his wife (or her husband) becomes "co-pastor" or "pastor" of some sort or another and children are "heads" of some aspects of the m-industry?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by kenny888: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2010
Public Liability Companies?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by osaromike: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2010
These general overseers are greedy.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by otokx(m): 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
Everyone knows that its all about the money.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
osaromike:

These general overseers are greedy.

Really?
otokx:

Everyone knows that its all about the money.

Are you really sure?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by kenny888: 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
Yes ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Pray According To The Bible / Where Is The Garden Of Eden Located. / Why Are There No Igbo Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.