Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,137 members, 7,943,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

How to Survive Primary School: A True Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How to Survive Primary School: A True Story (527 Views)

Blood Money - A True Story Of Money Rituals.... / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / HOT STORY: Read Sister Mary Series..a True Story... Dont Mis$!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How to Survive Primary School: A True Story by Irelokeh(m): 10:29am On Dec 06, 2017
Hello everyone, I am a writer and tech person but this is first time I am writing in this section.

I wish to share with you, the experiences I had while I was in primary school and hope to reflect to you as I finally use this to put those blessed memories to paper.

The following story is original and based on true events although some names are fictional and some events reconstructed to fit some vanishing memories.

Thank you as you read!

----------------------------------------------

The morning was cold and i was cozy on the chair of our Parlor as I always did after breakfast of bread and Lipton tea, besides the parlor, there was only one other room in the house; my parents room.

We kids always slept in the small parlor, although I find it quiet comfortable as we have been in more worse places.

My father had just walked out with his shoes making knock sounds on the floor, a sound I always loved hearing especially in the morning, the lion has gone out, now it's time for us to live our life.

I was already thinking of the 1000 things I could do with the day, watch AIT, unlock father's CD shelf and watch the movies there, make paper guns and phones etc. Everything a normal kid would do then when I heard my mother call my name from inside...

"Olu, oya lo weh ooo" (go and have your bath!)

I was surprised, it was too early for that, what's going on? I thought, although i never dare to say it out loud.

I had my bath and my mother did too, then soon we were on our way.

Where was my mother taking me to? What is going on today? Many thoughts were on my mind.

Soon we were close to a building just close to a very busy, dusty street road..we were approaching the gates of the building and my wonder was beginning to turn to fear, what is this place? I thought.

We entered the building and the first sight of the Nigerian flag, a French flag and a brown, dusty field in the middle of the building had made me realize..is this? Oh my God, mother had brought me to SCHOOL? The thought of it brought terror to my heart and I felt cold from my insides as a cold chill ran through the surface of my skin, to make it worse I had seen a slim, malnourished man holding a fat branch of brown cane pass by. (We call it Pankere then).

It was the worse day of my life then..

My mother and I soon entered a small office where we met a woman who looked rather scary to me, maybe it was because she was not only fat but had large frog eyes. She seemed to be the head of this school to me..

I was not wrong, she was the proprietress/owner of the school. My mother and the woman exchanged pleasantries and some other words I was too terrified and confused to hear. Soon the words... "Uniform, Class" rang in my ear, followed by the horror sight of books being passed to my mother.

It was then I knew that i had become a pupil of this school. I Felt very sad, as if my mother wanted to punish me by taking me to school. No more movies, playing with friends everyday and freedom. It was the worse afternoon ever...I thought as my mother held my hands while we walked out of the building to go back home in the blazing afternoon sun...

TO BE CONTINUED....

(1) (Reply)

Not Your Usual Love By Adefisayo-favor Feranmi / The Love At Home. See Photos Too / Selected Quotes For Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.