Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,456 members, 7,944,265 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? (6631 Views)

Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by SicilianMafia: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
historyworld031:
It seems the yoruba moderators are on a crusade against Edo people on nairaland. We are not even alowed to comment in topics about our own history. Many of us are systematically banned when they come here with proof, while those who keep trolling us are allowed to go unpunished.

Thier plans won't work , the are just wasting thier time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
At times I feel disappointed at the rate of confidence people have at the rate they turn lie to near truth. Anyway, the beauty of information is knowledge acquisition. Once again, lies and propaganda takes us nowhere but destroys a lot of things. However, for the right frame of mind who are willing to do research should verify if indeed Latin word known as Bénignus was translated to French or the reverse of Bénigne(Bénin) to Latin's. Below is a screenshot of the word Bénigne —Bénignus.

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bénin(Bénigne,) mean the following in French

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
The use of Bénin and pronounced as Bénigne was borne out of the the pronunciation of the English accent of it. And it was accepted. The problem with majority of the English speaking African countries is that the always feel they are more exposed than the rest of African countries. And this isn't true. Most of the young lads in Nigeria, who are interested in history aren't studious beyond their local tribes history or within Nigeria's tribes ethnography. Forgetting the fact that there are too many possibilities that can and did connect the world due to trade and exploration. Below is the English pronunciation. So, stop making unfounded claim with any proof. Bini has no connection with Dahomey's Bénin. Does it mean because the French use ÎLE which mean island and the same ÎLE mean land in Yoruba, does it mean it has any connection? Of course not. Study is the key to information gathering. Stop this pathetic cry and accept the truth.

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
someone should call the technician, olu is broken. Not that he ever made sense before with his conspiracy theories, but it is getting worse, he now sounds like a radio thrown into a full swimming pool.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by absoluteSuccess: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Olu317:
Yeah bro,good old days! And these BINI people need be told to sit down because their history is over 90% incomplete without Oranmiyan, invariably , Yoruba people. I didn't see you often as well and I had thought busy schedule could be the reason. Candidly it is really good reading from as well. Stay blessed.

Amen my bro, we all are one big family.

Merry xmass to everyone.
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Amen my bro, we all are one big family.
Merry xmass to everyone.
Same to you my brother and your entire family.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oso Owo Taara / Yoruba & Diasporan Black Traditions / Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.