Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:00 PM

A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours (1176 Views)

Advertisers On Nairaland, Share Your Experience / N3,000 Start Up Capital For A Unique Liquid Toilet Wash Production Line / Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by olaolabiy: 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
yeah,i have a very good story about honesty and trust on nairaland.
this forum helped to sell my generators.i was afraid i was going to lose my gens to family members in naija as they did not get them sold for me.so after following nairaland for about 3 years,i decided to open an account to get the gens sold.
the funniest thing is that the guy who bought the gens paid close to 600,000 naira into the account no i gave him without seeing the gens or knowing my address or my brother's address.all he had was my phone no.he paid and didn't even pick the gens up until after 2 weeks.why he trusted me i still don't know.i am proud of him.

and,i am proud of myself for not been fraudulent.and i will never be fraudulent.and,i am nigerian.good news really.

this is about honesty and trust.it still pricks me up till now.

let's hear about yours.
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by noNonsense(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
no matter how bad the world or Nigeria is, there are still good people,
More grease to ur elbow,
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by olaolabiy: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
noNonsense:

no matter how bad the world or Nigeria is, there are still good people,
More grease to your elbow,

thanks
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by jesuseun1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2010
honesty is just d best policy,only very few pple have d power to show honesty,we can all see why the response are very few,

this is my own story,a lady was suppose to give me a 1 G ram ,she gave me 2G RAM which is sold for like 8k,while d one i wanted to buy is just 5k,i had to alert her she gav me 2G, WHich she thanked me.i believe many Nigerians are still honest.
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by olaolabiy: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^^^ good.keep being yourself
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by naijacutee(f): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2010
Thanks for opening this thread! It's refreshing to hear stories of the good thongs that happen around us in Naija, not just negative negative negative smiley. More positives, please!
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by olaolabiy: 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijacutee:

Thanks for opening this thread! It's refreshing to hear stories of the good thongs that happen around us in Naija, not just negative negative negative smiley. More positives, please!

thanks naijacutee.
i think we can champion a renaissance that could project us positively and lead to the kind of reawakening our country yearns for.
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by olaolabiy: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
it is strange really.he paid and my brother's bank sent him a text as confirmation.
listen to this:despite this text my brother was still afraid.he said it was not possible for any nigerian to do that--pay without knowing the seller or his address.he said may be the buyer had a means of taking the money back.that the money might leave his account.he insisted on moving the money into another account before releasing the gens.
my brother was still afraid despite seeing the money in his account.funny enough,the man did not come for the gens until after 2 weeks.
they all see the guy as an abami.
i still make jest of my brother regularly.
more than funny.
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by chopmonee: 6:30am On Apr 03, 2010
Don't mind what they say, Nigerians I know are honest people, forget about the bad apple, there will always be, the problem with us is greed and they fine tune us to be because it was not so in the beginning with us, we don't evenĀ  know our position, check the bible, the Oyinbos are Slaves to the Africans, they know too well that greed will unsettle us.

Tell me why Kings & Princes that have everything got to do with the spirit of greed?,

Let us redeemed ourselves with revival from this spirit that does not belong to us.

Please tell me if there is any reason why, My People perish for lack of knowledge. (information) if you are not informed, you are deformed

Let us rise up good people and start informing ourselves. (information is King)
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by jesuseun1(m): 6:18am On Apr 04, 2010
everyman has d ability to be dishonest or corrupt ,either nigerian,africans or white.One just have to choose to be honest based on ur faith,belief and discipline.

Nigerians are honest pple,despite some pple that are dishonest.
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by jesuseun1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2010
jesu seun:

everyman has d ability to be dishonest or corrupt ,either nigerian,africans or white.One just have to choose to be honest based on your faith,belief and discipline.

Nigerians are honest pple,despite some pple that are dishonest.
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by Ladoorbz(m): 9:34am On Apr 12, 2010
First of all, great to no that nigerians can stil be trusted. thanks 4 d thread. secondly, nairaland is a good place 4 biz?
Re: A Unique Story Of Honesty On Nairaland--share Yours by megastu(m): 7:22am On Apr 13, 2010
@ALL,

My own story is with a fellow Nairander here (she knows herself). We met here and have done business several times. We have gone beyond business to even become family friends. The only thing is that we have not still met. When i went to london, we couldnt meet, when she came to Nigeria, we also could not meet. We transact business on trust and neither of us has betrayed that trust.
There are still a lot of honest Nigerians, but a whole lot are really dubious, why?i dont know.

(1) (Reply)

Football Trading-is It Really Lucrative? / Is This A Glo Scam? / Dhl Or Ems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.