Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,634 members, 7,889,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:59 PM

Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc (2363 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Skinny Vs Chubby Guys: What Do U Ladies Prefer? / Can U Ladies Do Dis For A Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by AdeCreeze: 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2010
A friend of mine told me about a hubby(HND holder) who financed his wife(BSc degree holder) with his petty computer centre business to acquire higher degrees. She now has a PhD and to her, her husband is now below standard. He couldn't dare to challenge her night-crawling without being reminded that she is now a university lecturer- a Doctor. For the ladies, most of them feel marrying a man with a lower level of education is downgrading themselves. Please comment.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by iice(f): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
What is petty about having a computer business that actually is able to finance education?
[s]All these loud talkers. . .if you open fridge nothing dey inside[/s]

He went to school so i don't see the problem undecided
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by AdeCreeze: 6:22am On Apr 03, 2010
@ iice- I don't think using 'petty' as a choice of word to describe a small-scale business demands such a phrase to describe me. Anyway, I understand people react to issues in different ways but I still have to appreciate your comment. Thank u.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by iice(f): 10:07am On Apr 03, 2010
Petty comes off - trivial. . .inconsequential. What may seem trivial to you, is another person's livelihood
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2010
What standard? And whose? Calling his business, "petty," that is too big of a thing to say. Not only is it disrespectful, it's very insulting -to him. He paid for her education. She's in no position to talk, at all. She now has a PhD, WOW. "A university lecturer -a Doctor." Double WOW. Let's give her a standing OV, y'all. She has now done what no one has ever done before. Hurray! She clearly doesn't meet up to his standards. He's too good for her; to her. Your last statement's a big generalization. "Most women" aren't like that. I know people can be vain about a lot of things, but I don't think anyone would be so vain to belittle someone like that because of something so petty (and this's what I would call "petty"wink, and not just anyone -their spouse. But I won't be surprised; I think we all know people are capable of doing anything. There's nothing "downgrading" about marrying someone with a lower level of education. Clearly, if you're thinking about marrying someone whose education you think doesn't come to par with yours and you think you'll be "downgrading" yourself to them, don't marry them. You'll be doing them a big favour and there'll be better off without you.

But I hope this's just hearsay and not true, otherwise the hubby shouldn't be putting up with this shhhh.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2010
I am really hoping this is not real, REALLY but it could very well be, cause some University degree holders are very
arrogant and up themselves which is absolutely ridiculous to me. She maybe a University graduate/PHD holder but that doesn't
give her the right to look down on the man who sponsor her education.

I believe that education is important, but I believe common sense is the key to life. You can be book smart and not have a bit
of common sense which in most circumstances would make you look silly.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by AdeCreeze: 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2010
Honestly I am not in surpport of the woman. My friend said this is happening in his neighbourhood. The woman suddenly changed. I apologise to the ladies for the generalization. But I said that because of a case I know about(not told this time). I have a very close female friend(NCE holder). There is this guy(Also NCE holder) who spends a lot for her and he is asking for her hand in marriage. The guy is a working-class and ok by my judgement. I have also tried to convince my friend to yield but she is refusing simply because of their same level of education. The funny thing is that she is still collecting gifts from the guy though not on demand. That was why I opened this thread to really know others' opinions. It is not intended to just raise a controversial issue.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by madlady(f): 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2010
Ade_Creeze:

A friend of mine told me about a hubby(HND holder) who financed his wife(BSc degree holder) with his petty computer centre business to acquire higher degrees. She now has a PhD and to her, her husband is now below standard. He couldn't dare to challenge her night-crawling without being reminded that she is now a university lecturer- a Doctor. For the ladies, most of them feel marrying a man with a lower level of education is downgrading themselves. Please comment.

Not to change your @topic and your words.

Some guys do this in reverse, they will date a girl who is less educated than themself but they would not marry her.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by londoner: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2010
You dont learn common sense in the classroom, or humility for that matter.

The wife doesn't know that she will meet him on her way down, pride always comes before a fall.
Re: Men: Do U Care If Your Wife Is More Educated Than U? Ladies: U Have A Bsc. Can U Marry A Ssce/ond/nc by AdeCreeze: 2:35am On Apr 04, 2010
@londoner- That's the right word: 'pride'. I also believe that God humbles the proud-hearted and raises the lowly.

(1) (Reply)

I Got The Beating When He Cheats. / Are You Faithful To Your Mate? / Handsome,caring,average Man Vs Ugly,self Centered,rich Man.which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.