Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:39 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2135396 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (1332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Governor Willie Obiano attended the official opening ceremony of Dreams Restuarant and Bar located along Club Road, Awka.

The Think Home Philosophy (Aku lue uno) of Anambra State launched in 2014 by Gov Willie Obiano has continued to record successes.

Dreams Restuarant Ltd is owned by Hon. Chriscato Emeke (Former House of Representatives Member for Anambra East/West) and has branches in Abuja, Onitsha, Aguleri and now Awka.

Hon. Emeke appreciated the governor's efforts in providing security in the state which has ensured returns on investment.

Chief Obiano aplauded him and others who heeded his call and invested in the state.

Other dignitaries who were present at the event included; Prof. Solo Chukwulobelu (SSG), Chief Primus Odili (Chief of Staff to the Gov. Willie Obiano), HRM, Igwe Chukwuemeka Eri (Akajiovo Igbo and Igwe Enugwu Aguleri), Hon. Uchenna Okafor Wiper (Commissioner for Transport), Dr. Christian Madubuko (Commissioner for Commerce), Hon. Uche Okafor (House of Assembly member, Ayamelum State Constituency), Hon. Obinna Emenaka (House of Assembly member, Anambra East State Constituency) amongst others.

Obika Chidiebele Cy
Awka.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:02pm On Jun 02, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Point the areas
Access to the sea,
airspace access across Nigeria,
property rights of Biafrans in Nigeria.
Residency rights of Biafrans in Nigeria,
Sharing of assets and debts,
Ensuring that Nigeria does not veto Biafra's admission into ECOWAS so that our large and extensive diaspora population wouldn't be unfairly treated in the region and also enjoy the freedom of movement in the region as we do today, etc.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pharoh: 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

There is existing laws on access to seas by inland Rivers it's UN laws and it's clear and when Biafra comes up it would be activated ...don't worry read this link https://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/part2.htm

Thanks I have seen the part you showed and also the part relating to innocent passage of ships. I was actually referring to part 10 of that same document concerning transit goods. I think these convention in addition to whatever Ecowas and AU have is favourable to future landlocked biafra. I would have preferred though if biafra pursues a non import dependent economic development. So that they would have restricted their import dependence to raw materials and industrial goods.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pharoh: 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
This is the link to the full document posted above and you can switch sections on the left hand side. Part 2 and part 10 talks about innocent passage and transit of goods.

https://www.un.org/Depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/closindx.htm

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yyeske:
Access to the sea,
airspace access across Nigeria,
property rights of Biafrans in Nigeria.
Residency rights of Biafrans in Nigeria,
Sharing of assets and debts,
Ensuring that Nigeria does not veto Biafra's admission into ECOWAS so that our large and extensive diaspora population wouldn't be unfairly treated in the region and also enjoy the freedom of movement in the region as we do today, etc.

Pointless examples.

Although i prefer a restructured Nigeria than an independent Biafra, i viewed your issues as pointless because Nigeria would not have the same influence it has right now in ECOWAS without Biafra. It is like arrogating the power of the former USSR to Russia. The new Nigeria without Biafra will simply at best be as powerful as Ghana or Cote d'Ivoire.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

Pointless examples.

Although i prefer a restructured Nigeria than an independent Biafra, i viewed your issues as pointless because Nigeria would not have the same influence it has right now in ECOWAS without Biafra. It is like arrogating the power of the former USSR to Russia. The new Nigeria without Biafra will simply at best be as powerful as Ghana or Cote d'Ivoire.

Very good point.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pazienza(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
Will there really be Nigeria as united country post Biafra?
The way I see it, if Biafra goes, the Niger delta will only stay if granted total resource control and autonomy by the SW and North.

Granting Niger Delta total resource control and autonomy will defeat the entire goal of SW and North wanting a United Nigeria. Which is for free share of petrol dollars from the region, and for maintenance of Lagos supremacy as the gate way (sea and Land) to Africa's most populous nation, which had enabled it corner service sector of the oil industry of Niger Delta, as well as headquarters of oil coys and other big non petrol multinationals entering Nigeria.

If it be true that the Niger Delta would only accept continued union with a Muslim dominated SW and Islamic Northern Nigeria, under total autonomy and resource control. I foresee SW and North Letting them go under such circumstances, as they wouldn't be of any use to them any more. But if they remain part of Nigeria, an automous and totally in charge of its crude oil wealth Niger Delta would pursue it's own seaport access to rival and knock Lagos off. They would build their own International airports and render MMIA redundant, multinational petrol coys would have to be headquartered in Niger delta or see licence revoked. It would in essence be the end of mega Lagos city as we know it today.

It then means we can negotiate deals with this automous Niger delta region without the Igbophobic rancour of SW and Northern Nigeria on areas bothering of smooth sea access for us.

If they opt out of Nigeria, then the better it even becomes.

So, my point is that the big strong centralized Nigeria with Anti Igbo national policy infused by SW and North, will most likely not exist post Biafra exodus.
It will be a Nigeria with a weakened centre, if they must keep Niger Delta. Or a Nigeria without Niger Delta at all, if they insist on current Unitary system.

Think about it. Nigeria will not be same, post Biafra.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

Pointless examples.

Lol at using the former USSR and Russia to compare, is it the same Russia that bullies other republics from the former USSR not aligned to her or are you talking about another one we don't know of? Where are all former USSR's nuclear weapons located now which were scattered across several republics then? You make me laugh with your analogy of bringing Russia and the former USSR into this.
Nigeria would still be a major power in the region with or without Biafra. Remember that Most countries especially in Africa never likes dismemberment and would definitely go with Nigeria on issues pertaining Biafra. Britain and her allies would also support Nigeria.
Also Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria and would definitely be at the mercy of Nigeria so stop thinking it is Biafra that has an upper hand in all of this
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kettykin: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

Pointless examples.

Nice Points here .

I noticed that the few points that has got Nigeria Respected world wide are the followings

Football . The football industry is an industry controlled mainly by Biafra , both Local and foreign football are controlled by Biafra
Oil . Though Oil Inudstry might not live beyong 10 years , Biafra controls the Oil Industry.
Nollywood . This is another Industry Controlled by Biafra
Foreign Trade. The 70% of the Import in Nigeria and the retail business in Nigeria and Africa is controlled by Biafrans
Nigerian Miliatry . This used to be respected worlwide but recents activities by Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen has shown the Miliary as a big for Nothing entity living off support and goodwill from britain, Russia and neighbouring countries

If Biafra emerges , there might be a New African order with New Power Blocks emerging and realligment of political interests of member countries Nigeria will no longer be influencial as it is in West Africa and Africa .

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
kettykin:

Nice Points here .

I noticed that the few points that has got Nigeria Respected world wide are the followings

Football . The football industry i controlled mainly by Biafra , but Local and foreign football
Oil . Though Oil Inudstry might not live beyong 10 years , Biafra controls the Oil Industry.
Nollywood . This is another Industry Controoled by Biafra
Foreign Trade. The 70% of the Import in Nigeria and the retail business is controlled by Biafrans
Nigerian Miliatry . This used to be respected worlwide but recents activities by Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen has shown the Miliary as a big for Nothing entity living off support and goodwill from britain, Russia and neighbouring countries

If Biafra emerges , there might be a New African order with New Power Blocks emerging and realligment of interests and political order.

What percentage of Nigeria's oil come from Biafra, hope you are not thinking of the old Eastern region because that was in the 60s.
I could agree with you on other points aside from the control of foreign trade because that would now be restricted only to Biafra, Igbos today control the import trade of Nigeria and her ports because they are Nigerians but don't expect same treatment when you are now a foreigner, you'd all be booted out because it would become a case of national security for Nigeria when foreigners control their imports and seaports
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yyeske:
Lol at using the former USSR and Russia to compare, is it the same Russia that bullies other republics from the former USSR not aligned to her or are you talking about another one we don't know of? Where are all former USSR's nuclear weapons located now which were scattered across several republics then? You make me laugh with your analogy of bringing Russia and the former USSR into this.
Nigeria would still be a major power in the region with or without Biafra. Remember that Most countries especially in Africa never likes dismemberment and would definitely go with Nigeria on issues pertaining Biafra. Britain and her allies would also support Nigeria.
Also Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria and would definitely be at the mercy of Nigeria so stop thinking it is Biafra that has an upper hand in all of this

Oga, with due respect you sound more silly when you pointlessly argue that Nigeria would remain the same with equal influence if Biafra leaves.

Even the Russia you desperately try to equate to former USSR, yet it's economy, global influence and the fear of NATO for former USSR cannot be compared to the present Russian federation.

If you knew history at all, it was it ONLY Lithuania and Latvia that requested for independence from USSR. In the end, 15 independent countries emerged from the USSR!

The same issue would happen in Nigeria. There is NO_WAY the Yoruba, Middle belt or southern minorities would remain with the Fulani in the same federation if Biafra leaves. So, writing pointless analysis and equating the same power to Nigeria if Biafra becomes independent is exactly what i called it: "pointless" analysis that makes no sense!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
pazienza:
Will there really be Nigeria as united country post Biafra?
The way I see it, if Biafra goes, the Niger delta will only stay if granted total resource control and autonomy by the SW and North.
Granting Niger Delta total resource control and autonomy will defeat the entire goal of SW and North wanting a United Nigeria.

Which is for free share of petrol dollars from the region, and for maintenance of Lagos supremacy as the gate way (sea and Land) to Africa's most populous nation, which had enabled it corner service sector of the oil industry of Niger Delta, as well as headquarters of oil coys and other big non petrol multinationals entering Nigeria.

If it be true that the Niger Delta would only accept continued union with a Muslim dominated SW and Islamic Northern Nigeria, under total autonomy and resource control. I foresee SW and North Letting them go under such circumstances, as they wouldn't be of any use to them any more. But if they remain part of Nigeria, an automous and totally in charge of its crude oil wealth Niger Delta would pursue it's own seaport access to rival and knock Lagos off. They would build their own International airports and render MMIA redundant, multinational petrol coys would have to be headquartered in Niger delta or see licence revoked. It would in essence be the end of mega Lagos city as we know it today.

It then means we can negotiate deals with this automous Niger delta region without the Igbophobic rancour of SW and Northern Nigeria on areas bothering of smooth sea access for us.

If they opt out of Nigeria, then the better it even becomes.

So, my point is that the big strong centralized Nigeria with Anti Igbo national policy infused by SW and North, will most likely not exist post Biafra exodus.
It will be a Nigeria with a weakened centre, if they must keep Niger Delta. Or a Nigeria without Niger Delta at all, if they insist on current Unitary system.

Think about it. Nigeria will not be same, post Biafra.

The bolded is the most important statement everyone needs to understand.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
[s]
cjrane:

Pointless examples.

Although i prefer a restructured Nigeria than an independent Biafra, i viewed your issues as pointless because Nigeria would not have the same influence it has right now in ECOWAS without Biafra. It is like arrogating the power of the former USSR to Russia. The new Nigeria without Biafra will simply at best be as powerful as Ghana or Cote d'Ivoire.[/s]
Stop fooling yourself. Nobody will give you a restructured Nigeria and nobody will give you biafra, at least not until the north is sure they have exhausted every single oil and gas reserve in the south, both onshore and offshore. While you are dreaming of restructuring, all of the governors are right now resisting ordinary local government autonomy be it PDP or APC states. And there can be no restructurhng without constitutional amendment that will require not just the NASS, but 24 states to give approval. The problem of Igbo youths of these days is that they don't reason sensibly.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kettykin: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
NonsoWow:
[s] Stop fooling yourself. Nobody will give you a restructured Nigeria and nobody will give you biafra, at least not until the north is sure they have exhausted every single oil and gas reserve in the south, both onshore and offshore. While you are dreaming of restructuring, all of the governors are right now resisting ordinary local government autonomy be it PDP or APC states. And there can be no restructurhng without constitutional amendment that will require not just the NASS, but 24 states to give approval. The problem of Igbo youths of these days is that they don't reason sensibly.

So whats the way forward
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
horsepower101:

The bolded is the most important statement everyone needs to understand.

That is precisely why those asking for Biafra must reach out to other Nigerians & ethnic nationalities suffering in the lopsided federation and unite as a group to amend the illegal 1999 constitution that is the cause of all these oppression of the south and middle belt ---including Biafrans!

If Nigeria is restructured even if just in line with the 1963 independence constitution, 90% of the problems and agitations in Nigeria today will cease.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

Oga, with due respect you sound more silly when you pointlessly argue that Nigeria would remain the same with equal influence if Biafra leaves.

Even the Russia you desperately try to equate to former USSR, yet it's economy, global influence and the fear of NATO for former USSR cannot be compared to the present Russian federation.

If you knew history at all, it was it ONLY was Lithuania and Latvia that requested for independence from USSR. In the end, 15 independent countries emerged from the USSR!

The same issue would happen in Nigeria. There is NO_WAY the Yoruba, Middle belt or southern minorities would remain with the Fulani in the same federation if Biafra leaves. So, writing pointless analysis and equating the same power to Nigeria if Biafra becomes independent is what i stated "pointless" analysis that makes no sense!
I've known you for a long time on this forum and I guess you know me too, I don't resort to insults as you can see I've never said anything insulting to you so please be more civil because I know you should be an adult.
Back to topic.....

What makes you think that other groups would want to leave or have you enquired from them or maybe preempting them or begging them?
Nigeria would still be a regional power with or without Biafra, Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria and there's nothing you or anyone can do about that.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yyeske:
I've known you for a long time on this forum and I guess you know me too, I don't resort to insults as you can see I've never said anything insulting to you so please be more civil because I know you should be an adult.
Back to topic.....

What makes you think that other groups would want to leave or have you enquired from them or maybe preempting them or begging them?
Nigeria would still be a regional power with or without Biafra, Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria and there's nothing you or anyone can do about that.

I apologize if i sound insulting or rude. It was not my intention. I just felt it was foolhardy to imagine Nigeria would be exactly the same if Biafra exited. Those that refused even a landlocked Biafra from leaving know exactly that if Biafra left, Nigeria would never be the same. That is why they are fighting to keep Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
NonsoWow:
[s] Stop fooling yourself. Nobody will give you a restructured Nigeria and nobody will give you biafra, at least not until the north is sure they have exhausted every single oil and gas reserve in the south, both onshore and offshore. While you are dreaming of restructuring, all of the governors are right now resisting ordinary local government autonomy be it PDP or APC states. And there can be no restructurhng without constitutional amendment that will require not just the NASS, but 24 states to give approval. The problem of Igbo youths of these days is that they don't reason sensibly.
On point and when you try to educate them they feel they know and can do everything by themselves only without help and support from outside
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

I apologize if i sound insulting or rude. It was not my intention
No problem, still brothers
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
I totally agree with this point. The only reason Igbos(Biafra) must not be allowed to go is because it will trigger other ethnic nationalities to leave as well.

cjrane:

The same issue would happen in Nigeria. There is NO_WAY the Yoruba, Middle belt or southern minorities would remain with the Fulani in the same federation if Biafra leaves. So, writing pointless analysis and equating the same power to Nigeria if Biafra becomes independent is exactly what i called it: "pointless" analysis that makes no sense!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yyeske:
No problem, still brothers

You know i respect you A LOT! grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kettykin: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yyeske:
What percentage of Nigeria's oil come from Biafra, hope you are not thinking of the old Eastern region because that was in the 60s.
I could agree with you on other points aside from the control of foreign trade because that would now be restricted only to Biafra, Igbos today control the import trade of Nigeria and her ports because they are Nigerians but don't expect same treatment when you are now a foreigner, you'd all be booted out because it would become a case of national security for Nigeria when foreigners control their imports and seaports

if Biafra Leaves , i dont think the Niger Delta Region would Remain unless they are given a better concession or deal by Nigeria .
if you venture out to Cotonou , Ghana, Ivory coast , down to Kenya , Uganda etc , the Most entreprising African Race is Igbo. Even in the whole of the North of Nigeria , Igbos have a very strong foot print in retail business and unless there is a deliberate policy to chase igbos out of the New Nigeria and leave indians, lebanese and Chinese doing retail business in Nigeria, apart from that Igbos will still be a retail force to reckon with.

Igbos are the only African Race that has shops in Dubai, Non else , not even Hausas or yorubas have shops in Dubai.

if Biafra comes to fruition, i believe igbos will still control african trade like they are doing particularly the spare parts Business, Computer accessories and phone business

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

You know i respect you A LOT! grin
I respect you too, cheers bro

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
kettykin:

if Biafra Leaves , i dont think the Niger Delta Region would Remain unless they are given a better concession or deal by Nigeria .
if you venture out to Cotonou , Ghana, Ivory coast , down to Kenya , Uganda etc , the Most entreprising African Race is Igbo. Even in the whole of the North Igbos have a very strong foot print in retail business , unless there is a deliberate policy to chase igbos out and leave indians, lebanese and Chinese doing retail business in Nigeria, apart from that Igbos will still be a retail force to reckon with.

Igbos are the only African Race that has shops in Dubai, Non else , not even Hausas or yorubas have shops in Dubai.

if Biafra comes to fruition, i believe igbos will still control african trade like they are doing particularly the spare parts Business, Computer accessories and phone business

EXACTLY!!

I would hope that the effort would be to create a more accommodating Nigeria than independent states. Igbos led the effort for independence of Nigeria. Igbos will naturally lead the effort to restructure Nigeria and make it a great country for all.

I hope folks see it as an issue of collaborating with other suffering peoples of Nigeria to make a more perfect union. That is the best outcome for both Biafra and other Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
kettykin:

if you venture out to Cotonou , Ghana, Ivory coast , down to Kenya , Uganda etc , the Most entreprising African Race is Igbo. Even in the whole of the North of Nigeria , Igbos have a very strong foot print in retail business and unless there is a deliberate policy to chase igbos out of the New Nigeria and leave indians, lebanese and Chinese doing retail business in Nigeria, apart from that Igbos will still be a retail force to reckon with.

I went to Dubai for the first time 3 years ago with my uncle and I met so many Igbos there with multiple shops doing business. I saw some few somalis but igbos full dubai.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Argument akaria.

I would prefer a big restructured Nigeria to an independent small Biafra Republic
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kettykin: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
horsepower101:

I went to Dubai for the first time 3 years ago with my uncle and I met so many Igbos there with multiple shops doing business. I saw some few somalis but igbos full dubai.
yes a good Number of igbos own shops in Dubai but the Arabs and Asians still control retail business in Dubai but with time Igbos will measure up. Igbos are highly respected in Dubai too , from my Interactions with Dubai Business men and cab Drivers , once they hear you are igbo and not just any African they accord you more respect. I still dont know why, whether it is for tips or patronage or for what.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Argument akaria.

I would prefer a big restructured Nigeria to an independent small Biafra Republic

Honestly in the eyes of Northerners and some SWesterners, a restructured Nigeria that grants autonomy to regions is almost like having Biafra. Have you wondered why Aburi Accord which was basically restructure was rejected?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
kettykin:

if you venture out to Cotonou , Ghana, Ivory coast , down to Kenya , Uganda etc , the Most entreprising African Race is Igbo. Even in the whole of the North Igbos have a very strong foot print in retail business , unless there is a deliberate policy to chase igbos out and leave indians, lebanese and Chinese doing retail business in Nigeria, apart from that Igbos will still be a retail force to reckon with.

Hope you can remember some time ago when the Ghanaian authorities were giving Nigerian traders (mostly Igbos) problem and how the Nigerian government has been intervening from time to time, this is inspite of the fact that they are both ECOWAS countries, what now happens when Biafrans are no longer ECOWAS citizens, your guess is as good as mine.
Igbos still have some standing across Africa because of the status of Nigeria, losing it suddenly with no commensurate agreement with Nigeria will spell doom for us, no African country wants to be dismembered and yes, Anglo Cameroon comes to mind, why is it that no African country is talking or supporting the separatists inspite of the atrocities committed by the central government? Not even France and her allies.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Argument akaria.

Argument Kari akari nnam but it's all good anyway, I'm learning and educating same time.
These are the kind of discourse we used to have on nairaland back in the days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
kettykin:

So whats the way forward
Play along to get as much as you can from the centre for the development of your land. Igbo politicians in abuja only steal for their pockets though, so I don't expect much from them. When politicians from west or north find themselves in abuja, they bring back as much federal agencies to their place as possible. But Igbos will be planting more projects in the north. Ekweremadu was deputy senate president for 8 years, he couldn't influence the siting of one major specialized federal agency in Igboland! The problem of Igbos are internal. Igbos are not as smart as they want people to believe.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2019
cjrane:

Pointless examples.

That is assuming other ethnicities in the old eastern region (including the Ikwerre and Opobo) remain in Nigeria if only Igbos leave!

That being said, does anyone actually think the same power dynamics presently at play (where Igbo haters hold sway) would equally obtain in a Nigeria devoid of Igbos? I don’t see the likes of the Opobo sitting by and allowing the Fulani or Yoruba to frustrate our economy by blocking the shipping lane leading to the Atlantic!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (1332) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: pandax, 0bjpmb and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.