Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2127808 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (1329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:21am On May 09, 2018
DUE TO EVER INCREASING POPULATION & DEMAND FOR GOODS & SERVICE IN ANAMBRA STATE, OANDO IS OPENING MORE BRANCHES IN THE STATE..... SEE NEWLY OPENED OANDO PRODUCTS & PETROL STATION IN ADAZI-NNUKWU VILLAGE BUSINESS DISTRICT IN ANAOCHA LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:29am On May 09, 2018
RURAL AREAS OF ANAMBRA STATE ARE ATTRACTING BUSINESSES. ADAZI-NNUKWU OANDO PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by markfem2: 12:07pm On May 09, 2018
investnow2013:
DUE TO EVER INCREASING POPULATION & DEMAND FOR GOODS & SERVICE IN ANAMBRA STATE, OANDO IS OPENING MORE BRANCHES IN THE STATE..... SEE NEWLY OPENED OANDO PRODUCTS & PETROL STATION IN ADAZI-NNUKWU VILLAGE BUSINESS DISTRICT IN ANAOCHA LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE
Investnow, i am a great admirer of your posts but in this case these pictures and story are not worthy of posting. Opening a filling station is not signs of development. Please delete these posts and post other development projects.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2018
If we're going to start posting pictures of filling stations, we might as well close this thread and stop spamming the front page of the Politics section. How is that worthy of inclusion in a thread about development?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 2:27pm On May 09, 2018
markfem2:
Investnow, i am a great admirer of your posts but in this case these pictures and story are not worthy of posting. Opening a filling station is not signs of development. Please delete these posts and post other development projects.

Obi1kenobi:
If we're going to start posting pictures of filling stations, we might as well close this thread and stop spamming the front page of the Politics section. How is that worthy of inclusion in a thread about development?

Please read the title of the thread:

He is showing filling station in a rural community which means that the area is developing rapidly. No investor in Nigeria will ever put a filling station in rural area if it not going to be profitable.

For an investor to do it, it means that the rural community is opening up.

Do you even know that some villages in Anambra have bank branches? It is another sign of development.

Investnow2013 for president...carry go.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:39pm On May 09, 2018
horsepower101:

He is showing filling station in a rural community which means that the area is developing rapidly. No investor in Nigeria will ever put a filling station in rural area if it not going to be profitable.

Do you even know that some villages in Anambra have bank branches? It is another sign of development.

Hundreds or even thousands of rural communities in Nigeria have filling stations. I don't see how it's worthy of inclusion in a thread about development. It feels like just including something for the sake of keeping the thread going, even if it is not worthy of inclusion.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 2:56pm On May 09, 2018
Please show us another rural community at the same level with Adazi anywhere in Nigeria that has major petroleum marketer like Oando.

Obi1kenobi:

Hundreds or even thousands of rural communities in Nigeria have filling stations. I don't see how it's worthy of inclusion in a thread about development. It feels like just including something for the sake of keeping the thread going, even if it is not worthy of inclusion.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Please show us another rural community at the same level with Adazi anywhere in Nigeria that has major petroleum marketer like Oando.

Anambra has Nigeria's smallest landmass and largest population density after Lagos and is the most populated state in the SE. A lot of the places you call "villages" are really just conventional towns by Nigerian standards. It's not like going to many states in the North where you have remote rural settlesments in the middle of nowhere, very far from urban areas. Adazi is not some remote rural area that is far from urban centres. It's not far from Oraukwu where I'm from. You can get to urban areas like Awka, Nnewi and Ekwulobia within 30 mins from Adazi Nnukwu. That filling station is either along the Nnewi-Agulu road, or just close to the road. When you're traveling from the SE to the SW, are many of the filling stations not located in remote settlements just by the Federal expressway? What's special about that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 4:58pm On May 09, 2018
Mr. Olisa, you don't have to write an essay to end up saying nothing.

I asked a simple question, show us a similar rural community anywhere in Nigeria like Adazi that has a major petroleum marketer like OANDO. I took this up with you because you said that many communities have this type of filling station. Note that i am not by any means saying that a filling station is a big deal.

Obi1kenobi:

Anambra has Nigeria's smallest landmass and largest population density after Lagos and is the most populated state in the SE. A lot of the places you call "villages" are really just conventional towns by Nigerian standards. It's not like going to many states in the North where you have remote rural settlesments in the middle of nowhere, very far from urban areas. Adazi is not some remote rural area that is far from urban centres. It's not far from Oraukwu where I'm from. You can get to urban areas like Awka, Nnewi and Ekwulobia within 30 mins from Adazi Nnukwu. That filling station is either along the Nnewi-Agulu road, or just close to the road. When you're traveling from the SE to the SW, are many of the filling stations not located in remote settlements just by the Federal expressway? What's special about that?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by g0tze: 5:15pm On May 09, 2018
BeijinDossier:

I asked a simple question, show us a similar rural community like Adazi that has a major petroleum marketer like OANDO. I took this up with you because you said that many communities have this type of filling station. Note that i am not by any means saying that a filling station is a big deal.

He is not an igboman. There is no need dignifing him with the name olisa.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 5:44pm On May 09, 2018
horsepower101:

Don't mind them!.... A young man in the spirit of "AKULUE UNO" spends over 100million to site a petrol station with other sundary businesses like car wash,car servicing,convenience shop etc in the rural town of ADAZI-NNUKWU and somebody who have not invested anything close to that, called it nothing!.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2018
BeijinDossier:

I asked a simple question, show us a similar rural community like Adazi that has a major petroleum marketer like OANDO. I took this up with you because you said that many communities have this type of filling station. Note that i am not by any means saying that a filling station is a big deal.

"Show you". Show you, how? I should travel around and start snapping pictures of filling stations? That is a filling station by the side of a major community road, probably linking towns. It's common sense to assert that it is nothing special. I went to Nsukka recently to collect my degree certificate and on the long road between 9th mile and Opi junction, there were filling stations along the road with nothing but bush surrounding it.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2018
g0tze:

He is not an igboman. There is no need dignifing him with the name olisa.

Actually, he knows my real name and has said it before long ago. I'm not sure how he knew - perhaps he scrolled some of my oldest posts where I was connecting with job-seekers and dropped personal details. And Olisah is my surname. But keep consoling yourself with your foolish charade. grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2018
investnow2013:
Don't mind them!.... A young man in the spirit of "AKULUE UNO" spends over 100million to site a petrol station with other sundary businesses like car wash,car servicing,convenience shop etc in the rural town of ADAZI-NNUKWU and somebody who have not invested anything close to that, called it nothing!.

Nobody said it was nothing. It is a creditable achievement for the individual involved - emphasis on INDIVIDUAL. But it's not worthy of being posted in a thread highlighting developments in Anambra. And how would you know the station cost the man 100million naira? He told you, abi?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Perceptor(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

In South East, that is a development. Their standard of development is very low over there. grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:05pm On May 09, 2018
Olisa, stop spitting everywhere. You said that there are so many communities that have filling stations, then I asked you to show us a similar community like Adazi anywhere in Nigeria with Oando.

Note that what attracted my attention is the major petroleum marketer like Oando. In my villa- Uga, we have countless filling stations owned by individuals but for any rural area to attract a major marketer like OANDO is what makes the difference.

Obi1kenobi:

"Show you". Show you, how? I should travel around and start snapping pictures of filling stations? That is a filling station by the side of a major community road, probably linking towns. It's common sense to assert that it is nothing special. I went to Nsukka recently to collect my degree certificate and on the long road between 9th mile and Opi junction, there were filling stations along the road with nothing but bush surrounding it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Banmeallday: 6:07pm On May 09, 2018
Local development as usual
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:15pm On May 09, 2018
Olisa, this is one of the many filling stations at UGA. But sincerely I will be more glad if it were a major petroleum marketer like Mobil, MRS, NNPC, Oando, Total etc

There are so many advantages major marketers have over ordinary petroleum retail outlet. So in a nutshell, the OANDO at Adazi caught my attention because it is a major petroleum marketer.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Olisa, stop spitting everywhere. You said that there are so many communities that have filling stations, then I asked you to show us a similar community like Adazi anywhere in Nigeria with Oando.

Note that what attracted my attention is the major petroleum marketer like Oando. In my villa- Uga, we have countless filling stations owned by individual but for any rural area to attract a major marketer like OANDO is what makes the difference.

Aren't many downstream operators merely operating franchises? An Oando filling station is not necessarily administered by Oando as a corporation, but by an individual operating under a licensed agreement. The guy must have got such a license and opened his filling station there. You have agreed with me that it's nothing "special", so I'm not sure what we're still arguing about. A thread like this should showcase major infrastructural development, big businesses, industries, hotels and resorts, hospitals and major health centers, schools and universities, housing estates etc to show the progress of the state.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:37pm On May 09, 2018
Assuming it is a franchise, do you know what it requires for a major marketer to give you a franchise? Have you not seen infrastructural development, big businesses, industries, hotels and resorts, hospitals and major health centers, schools and universities, housing estates posted on this thread? Well that is by the way.

The key attraction with the filling station is that it is a major marketer in the rural area, whether franchise or non-franchise, I know one thing for sure- steady supply and accurate meter. I repeat there is no big deal in filling station but I give exception to major marketers like Mobil, Total, NNPC, AP, Oando, MRS etc.

Obi1kenobi:

Aren't many downstream operators merely operating franchises? An Oando filling station is not necessarily administered by Oando as a corporation, but by an individual operating under a licensed agreement. The guy must have got such a license and opened his filling station there. You have agreed with me that it's nothing "special", so I'm not sure what we're still arguing about. A thread like this should showcase major infrastructural development, big businesses, industries, hotels and resorts, hospitals and major health centers, schools and universities, housing estates etc to show the progress of the state.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 6:55pm On May 09, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Nobody said it was nothing. It is a creditable achievement for the individual involved - emphasis on INDIVIDUAL. But it's not worthy of being posted in a thread highlighting developments in Anambra. And how would you know the station cost the man 100million naira? He told you, abi?
Go and start your own with 10 kobo!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 7:02pm On May 09, 2018
Banmeallday:
Local development as usual
which one hv you developed?? bad belle
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 7:58pm On May 09, 2018
The commissioner for Road Construction, Road Furniture and Maintenance, Hon Engr Marcel Ifejiofor in company of the MD, Anambra Road Maintenance Agency (ARMA) Emeka Okoye, MD/CEO Mac Mourtz Nig Ltd, directors and staffs of the ministry inspecting the construction of an access road leading to Cocheds Agro Industries Limited at Anaku, Anyamelum LGA.
Contractor - Mac Mourtz Nig Ltd.
#proudlyanambra

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by g0tze: 8:32pm On May 09, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Actually, he knows my real name and has said it before long ago. I'm not sure how he knew - perhaps he scrolled some of my oldest posts where I was connecting with job-seekers and dropped personal details. And Olisah is my surname. But keep consoling yourself with your foolish charade. grin

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2018
It's disgusting seeing petrol station posted as a development.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 10:26am On May 10, 2018
Inspection of the ongoing reconstruction of inner streets and channelisation in Obosi, Onitsha and Nkpor by the Hon . Commissioner for Works Engr Marcel Ifejiofor

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 10:32am On May 10, 2018
Inspection of Second Phase Mmiata-Nzam road with Bridges by the Hon. Commissioner for Works Engr Marcel Ifejiofor

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by asha80(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
Inspection of Second Phase Mmiata-Nzam road with Bridges by the Hon. Commissioner for Works Engr Marcel Ifejiofor
are you sure the third pic here is mmiata-nzam?those houses at the background seems off...ok it seems you have edited it

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 10:44am On May 10, 2018
asha80:
are you sure the third pic here is mmiata-nzam?those houses at the background seems off...ok it seems you have edited it

It was a mix up. The picture is part of the inner streets under reconstruction at Obosi.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:27pm On May 10, 2018
Director General of the new Anambra Project Monitoring & Management Office(PMMO), inspected the 10km Mmiata to Nzam road with a 120m long bridge. Working with the Commissioner for Road Construction, Road Furniture & Maintenance, ensured that standards are upheld while achieving speedy delivery.

This road will open up and boost the economies of agrarian communities in Anambra West LGA.
Gov Willie Obiano has resolved that his second tenure will be marked with legacies.

Gov Obiano set up the Project Monitoring & Management Office (PMMO), a well structured delivery unit in the government, that will consciously plan, monitor and assist achieving high level success in delivering the dividends of democracy to the people.

We are here to support this delivery of good governance to the good people of Anambra State.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:38pm On May 10, 2018
investnow2013:
These pictures of Oando here is inessential, Anambra host highest numbers of filling stations in Nigeria after Lagos, there are hundreds of filling stations spring up in every nocks and crannies, posting Oando here to me is an embarrassment. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2018
DMGS/ZIK's Statue Roundabout, Onitsha, to Wear a New State of the Art Look!

His Excellency Chief (Dr.) Willie M. Obiano in steady resolve and momentum to accelerate urban infrastructure upgrade and upkeep the beautification of urban spaces in Anambra State has ordered the remodeling of the DMGS/Zik's Statue Roundabout in Onitsha to 21st Century standards.

The site preparations of the remodeling work has commenced at the roundabout. And when the work is completed within the next 3 months, the historic roundabout will be sporting a new modern look as rendered in the 3D images bellow.

The following approach was taken to achieve his Excellency's directive:

1. Reconstruct the existing roundabout to meet modern standards in aesthetics and functionality.

2. Reconstruct the base (pedestal) of the existing Zik's statue and raise the platform to an elevation befitting the legend of the Right Honorable Dr. Nnamdi (Zik) Azikiwe, Owelle Osowa Anya Onitsha.

3. Introduce an iconic monument that maintains the grandeur and icon stature of Zik's place in the State and the Nation as well as represent an easily recognizable cultural element of the Onitsha people.

4. Altogether make the roundabout into a pleasing garden/open space that adds great value to the environment.

***** Next Up; Urban Renewal of Okpoko! *****

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (1329) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.