Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,886 members, 7,952,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2198639 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1339) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MI6Surveillance: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
BossJamal:

More...

More please..
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ituku4040: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
BossJamal:

More...
In Anambra scorecardism is faster than development

I love it

Keep flying
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ahamefuna0001(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibiza is coming home to Awka, Anambra State

Ibiza, the chain of restaurants, bars and night clubs owned by Ndi Anambra, with foot print in Abuja and Lagos will debut on the ever popular club road(Former Abakaliki street) soon. Anticipate!

For the lovers of good and night life.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
Wow!

Ahamefuna0001:
Ibiza is coming home to Awka, Anambra State

Ibiza, the chain of restaurants, bars and night clubs owned by Ndi Anambra, with foot print in Abuja and Lagos will debut on the ever popular club road(Former Abakaliki street) soon. Anticipate!

For the lovers of good and night life.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anambra International Airport: Governor Willie Obiano’s Ambitious Legacy Project For The South Eastern Economic Gateway
By James Eze

Standing on the tenth floor of the Control Tower of the Anambra International Airport, Umueri two days ago, I felt a tremor ripple through me. Six months earlier, the spot where the tower stands was a wrinkled patch of earth. Now upon it stands a towering monument to the resilience of a proud and enterprising people. It suddenly dawned on me that sometimes; the thin line between dream and reality is fear…fear of failure, fear of uncertainty, fear of being caught on the wrong side of history. And beyond this overcast of fear, success waits in silvery brightness.

It is heartwarming to think that Governor Willie Obiano did not give in to fear…that he kept his eyes on the prize and that on account of that, a monument is sprouting out of the soil of Umueri today in his name. In fact, if Obiano had given in to fear, the airport project would have assumed all the attributes of a malaria dream; indistinct, unrealistic and finally…vaporous.

But today, Anambra International Airport has moved from rumour to reality. And as we mark Obiano’s 7th Anniversary, we pay a modest tribute to the resolve of purposeful leadership to break free of mediocrity.

In clearer terms, Willie Obiano is currently completing one of the most modern airports in Africa. At 3.7 kilometers long and 60 meter wide, the Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport, Umueri has the second longest runway in Nigeria, next to only Muritala Muhammad International Airport Lagos. But since it was designed and built to enable landing from either side, the runway has a slight edge over Lagos. It is a CAT 2 type of runway with a ground lighting of 270mm.

The airport terminal is designed to accommodate 400 persons. It has three floors fitted with escalators and lifts for smooth and easy movement. It was designed with the possibilities of a future expansion in mind. The Apron measures 300x200m x560mm of reinforced concrete that can take eight sizeable aircrafts at once. The Apron is serviced by two standard Taxiways that measure 35m wide with shoulders. It also has three ultramodern firefighting trucks and three 6x6 Crash-tender with 770hp. The car park can comfortably take 400 cars. The outstanding thing about the airport is that it will be equipped with an Instrument Landing System (ILS) which will guarantee a safe landing for airplanes at night. Impressive!

The most interesting thing to note about this airport is that it is almost ready barely one year after construction commenced on the site. Work began on the site in January 2020 but the world soon slid into a dark tunnel when COVID-19 struck. Doubts rose over it like the pungent smell of a cheap Arabian perfume as folks wondered how the dream would survive the global shutdown. But it did. Work went on at the site; day and night, all through the shutdown and the recrudescence of the pandemic early this year. Work is still progressing at a blistering pace. The basic structures are all set. The central access road to the airport which leads to Enugu-Onitsha Expressway has a bridge and a big culvert which have both been constructed. Sooner than later the road will be completed.

Interestingly, against theexpectations of some critics, Governor Obiano chose to mark his 7th Anniversary in absolute solemnity even when he has so much to celebrate for. However, when the leadership of Ohaneze Ndigbo paid him an unsolicited visit, Obiano decided to take them to the airport construction site to acquaint them with the progress of work. Needless to say, led by Prof George Udozor, the members of Ohaneze were thoroughly impressed with what they saw. They said so in unmistakable terms. Speaking his mind about the airport, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, owner of the defunct Oriental Airlines said “I have been hearing about the airport; but there is a difference between what you hear and what you see. Today, I have seen the airport and I am impressed. As most of you know, I am an engineer. I specialized in highway and hydraulics. I built the Enugu Airport as a very young engineer. I want to say that what Governor Obiano is building here is not for Anambra State but for the entire South East. This is very important.” Chief Iwuanyanwu should know. After all, he was also deeply involved in the building of the Owerri Airport.

The most fascinating thing about the Anambra airport is not just that it is set to blaze a new trail in Nigerian aviation but that it is one airport whose viability is guaranteed even before it starts operations. There is hardly another state in Nigeria that has Anambra’s large number of restless, always-on-their-feet population. These people love convenience. They would rather fly to Umueri than any of the nearby airports. Anambra is the leading economic hub in the South East with 63 active markets and the largest retail market in West Africa located just a few kilometers to the airport. The cargo wing of the airport will meet their needs perfectly. Similarly, at the moment, the leading airline in Nigeria; Airpeace is owned by onye Anambra. He already has place reserved for his airline at the airport. Lately, two other entrepreneurs from the state have also floated new airlines. They are Dr Obiora Okonkwo of United Airlines and Chief Chidi Anyaegbu, CEO of Chisco Group who floated Havila Airlines a few days ago. These airlines are sure to open offices at the Anambra airport. The National Bureau of Statistics also announced that Anambra is the state with the least poverty rate in Nigeria at 15%. This means that many people from the state can afford the slightly steep cost of air travels.

Sincerely, it is difficult not to see that once again, Governor Willie Obiano has shown incredible vision with the Anambra Airport initiative. It is impossible not to accept, even if reluctantly, that things are indeed falling together for Anambra State, under Willie Obiano.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
The terminal building is HUGE!

Who is that owl saying its just as large as one duplex private home. Mad people everywhere!

The render clearly shows they planned it to have 3 floors with escalators!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY ANAMBRA BROTHERS! You guys finally did it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMquisX45Sc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
cjrane:

Who is that owl saying its just as large as one duplex private home. Mad people everywhere!

You guys just want the demonic owl called mktinsight to kee himself. E no good oo cheesy

Anambra international airport is a game changer. Anambra on a steady rise

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
Wow the runway number is 24/06,
The runway is the longest in Africa 3.7km plus the free zones 1km on either sides making it 5.7km

cjrane:

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
Faithful007:

I'm an engineer also. and I must say, your estimation is very very wrong and off. first of all. you don't just estimate using steel beams because you may not know their length. Secondly, a 3000sqm building would mean that the building is a single floor 100 by 30 building. does that make sense to you?

Considering the fact that the ramp accommodates 8 wide body aircrafts, then it should be about 500m or more in length.So the terminal length should be about 150m while the width should be about 50m. it also has three floors.

So we have have 150*50*3 = 22500 sqm terminal. the actual total space shouldn't be far from this.

Its a 3000 sqm building. Internally, whether there are 2 or 3 levels its still a small terminal and the ground floor must contain check in counters and a baggage carousel. Like the government said its built to handle 400 passengers at a time which says it all.

The Enugu international terminal is far bigger and it shows and ultimately planes will choose to fly international flights there and not umueri.

Ultimately, umueri airport will live and die on local traffic and will be a money pit for ANSG to maintain.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anambra is ready to receive the entire world. Anambra international airport terminal building under heavy construction

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
See the last floor of the Anambra international airport terminal. This is classy.. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sun gazing the beautiful Anambra international tower building. Yet another classy structure.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Anambra is ready to receive the entire world. Anambra international airport terminal building under heavy construction

This is fabulous!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
Glass cladding is ongoing on the Anambra international airport terminal building. Men at work

12 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anambra international airport 3.7km runway done and dusted. God is Greatest

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anambra international airport apron done and dusted. Cool cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
cjrane:

Oga Chima, you are too much o! I had to embark on a little research to understand how you were able to come up with the probable runway number!

Yes, I agree with that RWY 22 should be the approach/landing runway. I tried to align the excavated runway area as much as possible with the cardinal points and i think the runway numbers may be 05 - 23 (L,R) or 06 - 24 (L,R). Although when the exact placement of the runway becomes updated in satellite maps it would be much easier to see the orientation. Of course by then, the engineers would have done the on site calibration with compass to figure the exact orientation of the runway and the numbers. My prediction is that it will align most with 06 - 24 (L,R). Either way, whether the number ends up being RWY 22, 23 or 24, it makes absolute sense for that to be the approach/landing runway with the ILS systems.

BTW, I love how you guys help me learn new things everyday here! It shocked me that the runway numbers of every airport on earth matched the numbers in that chart if you can overlay the orientation of the runway perfectly on the chart pointing north! shocked shocked shocked
I didn't know that how they got the numbers written on runways! cheesy

Nwanne,
looks like you have such an eagle eye to perfectly align the runway based on the cardinal points. It appears the final runway number as assessed on the ground is 06 - 24 (L.R). Thank you for participating in this academic scientific guess work just using satellite coordinates. Well done!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
Control Tower

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ahamefuna0001(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Chicason Recycling Company, Nnewi has started buying wastes from people even as they are still fixing the machine and are still doing some finishing works in the recycling factory section

https://twitter.com/NnewiCity/status/1372590237461975049?s=19

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
Impressive

MysteryShopper:

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anambra airport fire station and category 9 Airport crash tender

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 12:14am On Mar 19, 2021
I kno mktinsight will be awake. Because of hate. Let me spoil your mood further..

Shebi u said d building tiny

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 12:18am On Mar 19, 2021
Mktinsight come and see

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:27am On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:33am On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 12:41am On Mar 19, 2021
One of chicason group car park

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 12:50am On Mar 19, 2021
https://twitter.com/i/status/1372590496107872260

https://twitter.com/i/status/1372590597320609800

Chicason waste recycling plant Nnewi getting set
They have started buying wastes,, u can take ur wastes down to Nnewi for cash...

This is a game changer because its going to provide employment both the people who will source wastes.
It will help to keep our state clean..

Kudo Sir Chika Okafor

Aku atuegwu na Nnewi...

One of the biggest employer of Labour in Anambra

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 12:54am On Mar 19, 2021
Cool
On 17:30 of the video, the governor said that there are plan for rail line in the airport to move cargoes to other states in Nigeria, I think that's cool

investnow2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAUwD1tMzFs

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:05am On Mar 19, 2021
Obdk post=100002942y:
Mktinsight come and see
Nothing to see. Same size as Chicason recycling warehouse and INNOSON Plastic factory. Only impressive to those who make big deal out of name "airport".

Again, I ask all the hypesters simple questions.

Question 1 - With 5 airports in 200km radius who will use umueri other than Anambrarians? Also Asaba is closer to both Onitsha and Nnewi:

Onitsha - Asaba is 16km
Onitsha - Umueri is 25km

Nnewi to Asaba is 41km
Nnewi to Umueri is 51km

Question 2 - Which international airline will fly there after Enugu opens its massive and well constructed international terminal? Note that an airline will go to where there is CAPACITY. Uyo, Calabar call themselves international but airlines fly international routes from Port Harcourt. Kaduna calls itself international but flights choose Abuja.

Question 3 - Owerri airport despite its high traffic loses over 2 billion a year and has not brought development to Owerri so why should umueri?

Anambra should work hard to grow GDP by making its cities livable and not concentrations of touts, barrow hawkers and 10x10 shops. All the big companies use Enugu as regional office. Why? Good wide roads and serene environment. Not Eke Awka and Ochanja chaos. Obiano should have channeled the 30 billion plus to build wide avenues and lots of streets in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi.

His ICC and mini stadium are sound. Airport is a waste of money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:28am On Mar 19, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
Anambra airport fire station and category 9 Airport crash tender

Hopefully work is already going on for the two industrial boreholes to serve the terminal and the Fire Station.

So that from day one when the airport is opened, it has water in the urinals and toilets to flush it and keep it clean always.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1339) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.