Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,146 members, 7,896,897 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC (10095 Views)

LASTMA Set To Track Traffic Offenders With Mobile Device / 38 FRSC Traffic Offences & Their Penalties / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Mayflowa(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2017
LadyMarionette:
Mumu people. Why won't he be in support? Small fines aren't the reason people commit offenses. People keep committing traffic offenses because of inconsistent enforcement. If traffic officers exact the dues from every offender instead of negotiating 1k by the road side, a legit 5k fine would be enough to deter an unruly motorist. But they turn a blind eye to some, and thereby encourage others to be "sharp guys".

I am in awe here! This road safety man said 4k is too small for traffic offense when majority of people earn less than 20k per month? Some graduate even earn 12k salary teaching in private secondary school per month. I see. Because he steals money from tax payers, he can say all kind of nonsense. I know for sure he shouldn't earn more than 350k per month.

You really need to give it to Nigerians. They drive flawlessly even with bad roads, no road markings, no road signs, no reflectors, no nothings! I drive in US and the road markings are the greatest saviour of road mishaps. And almost every country of the world have better road conditions and markings than Nigeria.

What do Nigeria road safety officers know about roads in true sense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by SNIPER123: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2017
cheesy
It baffles me anytime I read comments like this.
50-100k good.
I pray you implement this on time.
More of FRSC guys might die for this!!!
The way motorists will hit and run you guys cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by MobilityExpress: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2017
100k as fine in a country where minimum wage is less than 20k? And Fela thought military regimes were mad, he should come and see the level of administrative super-madness of the civilian governments we have been having grin

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Eldoni: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2017
Grand Theft Auto 2018.
No time.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2017
hmmm...will it work....this is naija o.i can easily cona side one of una and give him 10k and am off the hook...this is naija...eye dey red everywhere
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by SNIPER123: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2017
Neoteny:

Cost of human life from reckless driving is worth more than 100k.

If it deters carelessness and road rage then im all for it.

undecided lipsrsealed
you need to grow up guy
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by seguno2: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari and APC are looking to steal our money by all means for their already failed 2019 project.
They have made us scapegoats. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Carlmax(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2017
raker300:
Minimum wage is 18k

Cost of living is averaged at 25k

You can't even pay salary as a country...

Yet you fine your citizens 100k for traffic violations

I don't blame these windbags ruling us. I blame the dumb followers encouraging them

Absolutely useless Animals ruling us... 100k their father!

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Oponel1962: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2017
I beg, me I wan no how much den dey pay awa politicians furom kaselor to President. Everitin gbogben ati gbogben.

News people oya helep us dat na una woki.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Carlmax(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

I am in awe here! This road safety man said 4k is too small for traffic offense when majority of people earn less than 20k per month? Some graduate even earn 12k salary teaching in private secondary school per month. I see. Because he steals money from tax payers, he can say all kind of nonsense. I know for sure he shouldn't earn more than 350k per month.

You really need to give it to Nigerians. They drive flawlessly even with bad roads, no road markings, no road signs, no reflectors, no nothings! I drive in US and the road markings are the greatest saviour of road mishaps. And almost every country of the world have better road conditions and markings than Nigeria.

What do Nigeria road safety officers know about roads in true sense!

Thank you jare!

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Exponental(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2017
Can FRSC arrest lawmakers if they commit such offence? Why impose so much FRSC has lost it! Night driving will tell you FRSC is not working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by seguno2: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2017
awillabo:
Zoo of a country

Don’t say that too loud oh before their blind followers give you a label that doesn’t belong to you.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by seguno2: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2017
MobilityExpress:
100k as fine in a country where minimum wage is less than 20k? And Fela thought military regimes were mad, he should come and see the level of administrative super-madness of the civilian governments we have been having grin

We are under military regime dressed in babariga.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by aston406: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2017
Make them kukuma enjoy Xmas too.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by upuphim(m): 8:38am On Dec 21, 2017
When can we be sincere in this country? How much is minimum wage that FRSC is proposing N100,000? This is just a ploy to increase bargain amount for bribe. Otherwise, FRSC should propose what will address the cause of traffic offense.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by mamajaz(f): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=63472938]

Dem no give dem gun, dem wan de obtain 100k for road, may the lord be with dem in this new journey cheesy[/quo
The something wey bring Oga Gazzuzz out this early morning serious kwa. E nle SA.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by thedondada(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2017
PMWSpirit:
So im driving my 3rd hand golf 2 jeje wey no reach 120k , i now commit offense you want to collect 100k , abeg just collect the car and gimme change

grin grin grin
grin

O dey tell you. Hit and run on point.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Awoleesu(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2017
sinkhole:
All of you shouting FRSC official will have their safty jeopardized are just amusing me! Do you think the FRSC officials are mumu too? The bill is just to turn the FRSC officials to millionaires, as they will rather collect something like 5k or 10k and let you go instead of officialy fining you and you yourself will be happy too
. Maka why? Would you rather stop for the 'negotiation' to ensue in the first place? Happy ke? Not even for a fine of N100 should anyone be happy.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by sinkhole: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2017
Awoleesu:
. Maka why? Would you rather stop for the 'negotiation' to ensue in the first place? Happy ke? Not even for a fine of N100 should anyone be happy.
My guy, won't you be happy to pay 4k instead of 100k? Na question oo grin grin cheesy And remember o, you just pay 4k right there on the spot, no delay no hassle while the 100k have to be paid in specified banks with the receipt brought to the FRSC station "near" you wink wink
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by MT: 9:25am On Dec 21, 2017
Please to the lawyers in the house,lets assume I use a,phone while driving and I am ticketed. If I choose to challenge their claim in court instead of paying, what evidence have they got?. I guess it's just their words against mine?. Please educate.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Awoleesu(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2017
sinkhole:
My guy, won't you be happy to pay 4k instead of 100k? Na question oo grin grin cheesy
. Yeah, I feel your drift, but you know you have to park first before negotiating... Maybe the officer even has your DL... How can you be so sure they'll be lenient on you? Me too na question I dey ask o! Abi you be RS personnel ne?
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2017
Marshal Boboye is an exceptionally stupid human being. What happened to a points-based drivers licencing system?

We know what they are trying to do. Lagos state did it before in their hustle to complete Tinubu's rent. We all know that a certain % of the cash generated when drivers negotiate with the officers, will be remitted all the way up to Boboye's personal account.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by picaso313(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Ensure there a higher fine 4 ur men (FRSC) who collects bribes on d road, higher fees 4 driver's license ooooo
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by starz100: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2017
Compromised frsc wants to collect #100,000 even its staff can't pay.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Tecno66: 9:43am On Dec 21, 2017
He says he will make sure the bill is passed by the middle of next year. What kind of talk is that? Is he a meober of the national assembly? Or are the members under his control that he feels he can set time frame for them? Moreover, how sure is he that he will still be in that office by that time? Abeg make una take am easy with ordinary people because at the end na them go suffer am pass.
zakim:
Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says plans are underway to compel traffic offenders to pay one hundred thousand naira as penalty for a traffic offence.

Oyeyemi said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the sideline of the Technical Working Group (TWG) on Nigeria Road Safety Strategy on Wednesday in Abuja.

“You cannot arrest somebody for using a phone while driving and he pays four thousand naira as penalty. And almost immediately he goes back to commit same offence.

“Fines are supposed to serve as deterrent, which is why I said that I am in support of what the National Assembly is doing presently amending the Act of the FRSC to make the fines go up.

“I was not the one that initiated it, it is the National Assembly that initiated it and I am in support and I will make sure that before the middle of next year this is passed into law.

“I believe that by the time traffic offenders’ start paying between fifty to one hundred thousand naira for a single traffic offence, they will not want to commit such offence again,” he said.

The FRSC boss reiterated that penalties for traffic offences were to serve as deterrent, adding that the present regime of fines and penalties do not serve as deterrent.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/12/20/frsc-plans-penalise-traffic-offenders-n100000-fine/
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2017
zakim:
Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says plans are underway to compel traffic offenders to pay one hundred thousand naira as penalty for a traffic offence.

Oyeyemi said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the sideline of the Technical Working Group (TWG) on Nigeria Road Safety Strategy on Wednesday in Abuja.

“You cannot arrest somebody for using a phone while driving and he pays four thousand naira as penalty. And almost immediately he goes back to commit same offence.

“Fines are supposed to serve as deterrent, which is why I said that I am in support of what the National Assembly is doing presently amending the Act of the FRSC to make the fines go up.

“I was not the one that initiated it, it is the National Assembly that initiated it and I am in support and I will make sure that before the middle of next year this is passed into law.

“I believe that by the time traffic offenders’ start paying between fifty to one hundred thousand naira for a single traffic offence, they will not want to commit such offence again,” he said.

The FRSC boss reiterated that penalties for traffic offences were to serve as deterrent, adding that the present regime of fines and penalties do not serve as deterrent.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/12/20/frsc-plans-penalise-traffic-offenders-n100000-fine/

I'm 100% sure that this useless, Hopeless, senseless FRSC top personnel makes calls n even chats on whatsapp while driving
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by overdoseme: 10:05am On Dec 21, 2017
Mad people with Mad laws, come and collect 100k that is more than 70% of Nigerian workers salary. Idiot people.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by symbianDON(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2017
these people will never cease to amuse grin grin 100k as fine when over 80% of the populace live on about $2 dollar daily.....FRSC for kuku say make we no drive motor again na tongue tongue
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by onyxo76(m): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2017
100k? I hope there won't be serious casualties, most FRSC officials I know cook up traffic offences to extort you. They stop you, check your drivers' license and next thing they are writing out a ticket for you and when you check it , you see assaulting an officer on duty ,fine is 20k 0r so if I remember...and you can't defend yourself, you go to court ,another long process. It has happened several times ,till my wife gave me her NBA car sticker to put on my windshield, from then they stopped all those false charges.
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by OWOABASIUDY: 10:30am On Dec 21, 2017
raker300:
Minimum wage is 18k

I don't blame these windbags ruling us. I blame the dumb followers encouraging them

Under Buhari any increment is possible
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by Neoteny(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2017
SNIPER123:

undecided lipsrsealed
you need to grow up guy

You need to grow some sense
Re: Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC by dirtyhokage(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2017
raker300:
Minimum wage is 18k

So true we are to blame....they don't pass any bill that would affect them or their children

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Roads: Must I Buy An SUV? / Replica Body Kits: The Nearest Thing To Owning A Super Car. / Custom Wahala For Every Car User :general Opinion Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.