Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,890 members, 7,872,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

A Word In Due Season - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Word In Due Season (261 Views)

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ELEBURU IKE(A YORUBA WORD) IN ENGLISH / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Your Success Is Your Responsibility (A Word In Due Season) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Word In Due Season by DavidWaleFeso(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2017
A Word in Due Season

Thursday, December 21st, 2017

The Heart Of The Father

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that,
while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5:8

From our opening scripture, we see that God has commendeth His love towards us even before we were saved. Yet, we see a lot of Christians still trying to deserve the love of their Father. They have not come to accept His unconditional acceptance towards them.

In 1 John 3:1-2, the Bible says, “Behold, what manner of love the father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God; therefore the world knoweth us not, because it know him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”

Therefore, today I can confidently declare that I am a son of God, and you can do the same too if you have accepted His unconditional love towards you. So, accepting what Jesus did for us when He died for us in order to reconcile us with the Father not only saves us, but has also made us sons of God (See Romans 5:8-10)

In Mark 7:6 when Jesus was talking to the Pharisees He said that they draw unto Him with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. Because they see God as a harsh God, they do not know Him as love.

When you receive unconditional acceptance from the Father, even your worship of the Father becomes more meaningful because your worship will be based on a Father-son relationship.

Until you develop such a relationship with the Father, your life would not be free from stress. This is because you will be trying to deserve God's love and God's blessings. Meanwhile the first thing God gives you is unconditional acceptance. When you know that and begin to function with that understanding, you will not try to deserve anything. You will know that all things are yours, and this will bring you into a life of rest.

Confession.
Thank You Father for sending Jesus to qualify me for a life of blessing. Today, I receive Your unconditional love and acceptance of me. I choose to rest in Your love and abundant grace.

For further study, read:
Romans 8:29-39, Ephesians 2:8-10,13-22, 1 John 3:16

Doing the Word
Cast all your cares on the Father, and live in His rest. 'Trust your Daddy to take care of everything that concerns you’.

Apostle David Wale Feso

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Which Way? / Is It Right For A Church To Change It's Name Every Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.