Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,827 members, 7,906,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:45 AM

She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? (631 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by wellfed: 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2010
Met this Good natured lady last year. It was a case of instant mutual attraction. One thing Led to another, and we start dating. i got to know fast she was about 5 years older. she made no pretence or attempt to conceal her age after asking about mine. Things happened really fast. we are Madly in love with each other. we are looking at getting married later this year. i should mention she is in her early 30's, while am in my late 20's.she has met my family, and they all took a liking to her. thanks to her girlish looks,my family and even friends are unaware of the huge age difference between us, a whooping 5 years. Not that it bothers me one bit, but i keep wondering how my (Educated) conservative parents will react when they find out. am thinking of lying to them shes way younger when they ask. Her looks will readily support my lie, but i dont feel good going ahead with the deception of that magnitute. i again mention am not in anyway bothered with the aga thing, but i keep wondering if society will not crucify me. must confess i sometimes find myself hoping she doesnt age too quickly with time after we get married.PIPO, i love this girl and must marry her, but how do i out manouvre my parents. how do i swin against the tide of public opinion?
Re: She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by agabaI23(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
Must your parents know how old your woman is?

I don't think so.

Just do not use your parents as an excuse. If you are scared of the age gap let her be.
Re: She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by wellfed: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ agaba123,

if the parents factor is cleared, then am good to marry her tommorow. am not scared at all, i have weighed it over, and am too convinced i want to do this
Re: She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by richard69(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2010
Since you love her why not
Re: She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by dipo4info: 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2010
My guy age is just number, if you really love her go 4 her,if you get marry 2 someone that you older than and she don't give you happy home whom who you blame.
Re: She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2010
5 years isn't a massive gap, and from all accounts, you're both into each other.

I wouldn't lie to your parents about her age, tell them how it is from the get go. If you really love this lady, the narrow-mindedness of society, and dare I say it, your parents will have little or no effect on your decision to marry her. Don't use society's reaction to the age gap as an excuse not to marry your girlfriend, if you feel that way about each other.
Re: She's 5 Years Older, Can I Marry Her? by abrahym(m): 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
if u luff her then do

(1) (Reply)

Africa Female Who Want To Have A Relationship With A Man In The Usa,canada. / Will You Let A Spouse Who Left You Get Involved In Your Child’s Marriage? / She Should Define It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.