Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,833 members, 7,921,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:14 PM

Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . (1129 Views)

The New Light Psp2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by kosovo(m): 12:08am On Apr 04, 2010
The PlayStation Portable 2 has long been rumored for what seems like eons now.  PSP2 has been the subject of speculation, artists renditions, forum battles, but never the subject of a Sony press release. We all know Sony is hard at work developing the next generation PlayStation Portable. While it’s not ready for official unveiling, recent discoveries indicate that may happen sooner then you think.

For the moment it is unclear if the PSP2 is being designed as a mobile phone or will just be a portable game machine. What we do know is a couple of LinkedIn profiles clearly list the PSP2 in their experience and summaries. Dominic Mason is the Director at AtomFire Productions, a game development house located in Brighton, United Kingdom. They specialize in mobile games, mobile apps, web apps and flash games. Both his summary and experience indicate the following:

AtomFire Productions undertakes games and interactive entertainment projects for high-end web, DS and DSi, Wii, PSP, PSP2, PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade, WiiWare, iPhone and Windows.

Additionally, Hilke Muslim, Coordinator at “Frumusete pe muchie de cutit”, ProTV located in Romania, interestingly enough lists the following information in her summary:

casting assistant: Sony PSP2

This could be casting for commercials, advertisements or games.

This is not an official statement the PSP2 is nearing it’s debut, but this certainly is evidence that the PSP2 is somewhere in the later stages of development. If games are being developed and people are being casted that would likely mean the platform is complete. Either way these profiles are likely to be updated after publishing.

Stay tuned with PlayStation LifeStyle as more information unfolds.

Thanks for the tip Mr. Tan!

Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by kosovo(m): 12:10am On Apr 04, 2010
[UPDATE] Another reference to the PSP2 has been noted and E3 is rumored to be the “battlefront.” According to PS3Blog, Shane Bettenhausen of the 4 guys 1 Up Podcast seems to have some insider info and thinks the portable console will make it’s debut at E3.

“I think the big story of E3 is DS 2 and PSP 2. I’m really excited to see that,” he further commented that the”DS and PSP both existed in completely different sides [, ] if those two put out similar products at the same time, it really evens the playing field.”

[UPDATE 2] TechRadar reports that Colin Sebastian Capital analyst for Lazard is forecasting in the next coming months Sony will announce the next gen PSP with E3 obviously being the best opportunity.

“While 3D games remain on the drawing board and not yet on store shelves, the emergence of new 3D game platforms could breathe more life into the hardware market”

[UPDATE 3] Connected Consoles has since been in touch with Dominic Mason of AtomFire. He has since updated his profile and provided the following statement:

“Sadly, it’s an old listing from before PSPGo was called that. I apologise to partners, colleagues and friends at Sony for any misrepresentation.”
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by N9528GB: 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2010
Look more like a multimedia player than a handheld traditional game undecided
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by malone5923(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2010
Before you know it, we will be watching movies rather than playing games. Nowadays its all about graphics. Check out Super mario bros on snes or the new one on wii its a game not a movie that you control.
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by texazzpete(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2010
N95-2 8GB:

Look more like a multimedia player than a handheld traditional game undecided

those are fan created concept renders. Not any picture of any Sony designed hardware.
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by malone5923(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2010
those are fan created concept renders. Not any picture of any Sony designed hardware.
Hmmm, most times, concept art by fans are not always so far of from the original product.
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by texazzpete(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
malone5923:

Hmmm, most times, concept art by fans are not always so far of from the original product.

Not to my knowledge. You care to share any examples?
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by malone5923(m): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2010
Like I said, its not so far, the PSP is an example though I cant find the pic because it has being ages ago but I will look it up.
Are you still playing games on your Wii?
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by gameaddict(m): 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2010
I think it's just fans designing concepts and hoping. The above pic is obviosly not doable cuz it won't fit in my pockets  grin

Truth is I ain't expecting any psp2 and I'm not hoping for one unless it can offer the same power as the PS3 or XBOX 360. I thought the original PSP had the full power of the PS2 whhen it came out but I was wrong and till date, I'm disappointed. It was supposed to be the PS2, only smaller. The current PSP's graphics dont exactly equal the ps2 even though you can intechange saved games and other data. Anyway. NICE CONCEPT BUT TOO BIG! I like the bottom. Hopefully, when rollable screens get perfected  tongue, it can be incorporated and my psp can be will be like a candle in my pocket. Like my idea?
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by kosovo(m): 6:02am On Apr 15, 2010
^^^^
You are only Disappointed for yourself, Cos Sony never said PSP was to have the power of PS2 . . . sO I don't know where your disappointment is coming from . . . wink
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by gameaddict(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, sony never said but gaming thrives on experience. I still play snes, gba, n64, ps1 and famicom games on my psp because few things can beat the experience of playing games like mario, no matter where you are. These games ran on consoles that represent the power of hardware and software during their time and did what they represented. The psp represents a new approach to the handheld experience and is targeted at everyone, not only gamers. This is great but first and foremost, it is a gaming device. As a gaming device, does it stand well on it's own with users? NO! It's more of a supporting device for the ps2 and ps3. The games it boasts usually have ps2 and ps3 versions which are usually far better and offer more engaging experience and I'm expected to go crazy about the cheap psp versions. Come to think of it, sony did cause me to believe the psp had the power of the ps2 with their release adverts but games that come close graphically are short as hell. The psp is just a greedy but sucessful attempt to enter the gaming/handheld market. Do you know the sales of other sony departments dropped because of the psp? For starters, the sales of sony's other mp3 players dropped and people have lost jobs. Why? Lack of foresight? Greed? I'm even sure those fat heads are going to milk every dollar from the gow 3 if it's really the last installment. When sales of god of war begins to drop and the excitement is dying, they'll just port it to other devices. Good business but gamers don't like that. Hope they don't. Why do I even care? I may use their devices but I hate them as hell. They'll pay for messing with Nigeria.
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by texazzpete(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2010
gameaddict:

Yeah, sony never said but gaming thrives on experience. I still play snes, gba, n64, ps1 and famicom games on my psp because few things can beat the experience of playing games like mario, no matter where you are. These games ran on consoles that represent the power of hardware and software during their time and did what they represented. The psp represents a new approach to the handheld experience and is targeted at everyone, not only gamers. This is great but first and foremost, it is a gaming device. As a gaming device, does it stand well on it's own with users? NO! It's more of a supporting device for the ps2 and ps3. The games it boasts usually have ps2 and ps3 versions which are usually far better and offer more engaging experience and I'm expected to go crazy about the cheap psp versions. Come to think of it, sony did cause me to believe the psp had the power of the ps2 with their release adverts but games that come close graphically are short as hell. The psp is just a greedy but sucessful attempt to enter the gaming/handheld market. Do you know the sales of other sony departments dropped because of the psp? For starters, the sales of sony's other mp3 players dropped and people have lost jobs. Why? Lack of foresight? Greed? I'm even sure those fat heads are going to milk every dollar from the gow 3 if it's really the last installment. When sales of god of war begins to drop and the excitement is dying, they'll just port it to other devices. Good business but gamers don't like that. Hope they don't. Why do I even care? I may use their devices but I hate them as hell. They'll pay for messing with Nigeria.

Man, this is really, really dumb.
The PSP is much much smaller than the PS2, how the heck did you expect it to pump out similar graphics?
You're complaining that games on the PSP are less impressive graphically than the versions on the PSP. The whole point of a handheld console is its portability. When was the last time you put a PS2 in your pocket?

The whole point of a Portable gaming system is its portability. Which usually translates to its battery life. So you expected SOny to shove in a version of its 'Emotion Engine' processor along with its PS2 GPU in the PSP, yet expect more than 20 minutes battery life?

The Nintendo DS has far inferior graphics than that of the PSP, yet its sold far more. Not everyone is a slave to fancy graphics on a handheld console.

I might have forgiven you your poorly thought out rant, if not for the fact that you brainlessly insist that the PSP is the reason for the decline in sales of Sony Mp3 players. Have you never heard of a little thing called the iPod?!

As i said, brainless.

PS: the XBox 360 has a 3.2 Ghz processor and a powerful ATI GPU. The Sony PS3 has a similarly high end CPU and an Nvidia chip. These chips use over 100 watts of power in normal use, and have big fans to keep 'em cool. How the hell do you expect Sony to shoehorn this class of performance in a small, portable device?
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by kosovo(m): 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2010
^^^^ gameaddict is getting owned, just like Ritchyboy . . . cheesy
Re: Could This Be The PSP2? Coming Sooner Than Later . . . . by gameaddict(m): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2010
What do you mean? Care to expantiate?

(1) (Reply)

What Site Can I Download Playstations Game For Pc / Which R4 Card Support 3DS V6.3.0? / Slim Ps2 With ALL Accessories For Sale At 11k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.