Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

Why Do Wives/ Husbands - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Wives/ Husbands (2019 Views)

Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / Do Wives Who Own Blackberries Make Them Cheat On Their Husbands.i Need Advice. / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by luvbooks(f): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2010
Akainzo:

Now I know where your barbarism comes from.

It is not only written but you should be able to read about it once you start to read the book yourself. The Holy Book is replete with instances where the Lords prophet had more than one wife.

So in essence if the man says it is for having children, then you accept that he can have more than one?  undecided grin

The bolded part above tells me where the fountain of your reply came from and thus is understandable. However, I am educated enough to know the difference between emotions and reality. And my dear, the reality is simple a lady Prof would hold onto her husband and find it easier to forgive his infidelity than a guy prof would.

I presume you are educated and therefore would also assume that you would have learnt that with education comes different perspective of the same idea or theory, it doesn't make the other person less educated or in need of more education. Use the knowledge you acquired from the education you got.

Dude, you were the one who claimed that the Holy Book is where you can find the reason why men find it harder to forgive than women do. You also said that women could only be faithful to one person but on the other hand men did not have to.
All I did is disprove your argument.
And I also dont see any reason why you should imply that women have more of a responsibility to be loyal to their partners. Your argument made me very angry so that would explain the emotion bit. Being educated does not stop you from getting angry. And by the way, your argument of knowing the difference between emotions and reality is a bit silly because emotions ARE a reality. No amount of education can change that.

Also how can you claim that several prophets had more than one wife and that means others should do the same? The same Bible says that "A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto this wife, and they shall become one flesh".  You cannot become ONE FLESH with several other people. A kingdom divided cannot stand.

Besides, prophets if you can remember correctly, was the Old Testament. Dont pick and choose principles of the Bible. You enjoy the salvation that Jesus gave us and the fact that he freed us from having to
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by follypimpi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2010
davidylan:

Ok so she knows "a lot of non african people" and from there concludes that accepting cheating husbands is purely "african mentality". She has no reputable statistics to buttress the claim, no source to rely on . . . but she expects us to take her word for it . . .

and she's surprised folks wonder if she can think at all. What a shame.

Dafidi shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin Ouch !!! thats Cold
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by follypimpi(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2010
queeneve:

Men are designed by nature to be territorial so when a man see his wife or woman touched by another man it triggers the BETRAYAL mode. It doesn't matter what level of betrayal it may be. But, if a woman is compromised then a man have a harder time to forgive and forget.

Women are designed to be nurturers so we more likely to forgive our cheating spouses than the male would. It a double standard that the society placed today. If a woman cheats, she a LovePeddler. If a man cheats, he is a MAN. WTF!

shocked shocked shocked So u do have sense afterall .
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by H2O2: 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
Lol ayettymama, you clown. What a shame!
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by follypimpi(m): 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2010
H2O2:

Lol ayettymama, you clown. What a shame!

Hi Buddy,been a long time,wats jammin ?
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by H2O2: 1:13am On Apr 07, 2010
School buhd! Just busy as ff-uck! It's maddening.
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by Akainzo(m): 1:24am On Apr 07, 2010
luvbooks:

Dude, you were the one who claimed that the Holy Book is where you can find the reason why men find it harder to forgive than women do. You also said that women could only be faithful to one person but on the other hand men did not have to.
All I did is disprove your argument.
And I also dont see any reason why you should imply that women have more of a responsibility to be loyal to their partners. Your argument made me very angry so that would explain the emotion bit. Being educated does not stop you from getting angry. And by the way, your argument of knowing the difference between emotions and reality is a bit silly because emotions ARE a reality. No amount of education can change that.

Also how can you claim that several prophets had more than one wife and that means others should do the same? The same Bible says that "A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto this wife, and they shall become one flesh".  You cannot become ONE FLESH with several other people. A kingdom divided cannot stand.

Besides, prophets if you can remember correctly, was the Old Testament. Dont pick and choose principles of the Bible. You enjoy the salvation that Jesus gave us and the fact that he freed us from having to

I am wondering how you disproved the theory since you agreed that in the Holy Book, there are prophets of the Lord that had more than one wife/woman and the Lord did continue to speak and interact with them directly. I only told you that analysing those biblical situations might give you an insight into why ladies find it easier to forgive erring husbands than the men folk.

Whether you accept it or not, the man would always be the head or leader in a family. Leaders can have many loyal followers, but followers cannot be loyal to many leaders, therefore the same plays out in the man-woman relationship. Sure you have heard ladies complain that a guy is not man enough - it most times translates that they cannot accept his leadership.

Sure , A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife to become one flesh, exactly the reason why you would never see a card addressed to a 'Mr and Mrs(s)', it is always addressed to a 'Mr & Mrs' irrespective of how many wives he has. Abi each of the wife no be mrs?

If I can remember correctly, He came to fulfill the law. Read the Acts of the Apostles, when the Holy Spirit filled the first Christians in the new testament, he filled also those amongst them that were married to more than one wife.

If you are that educated you should know that my inference to emotions being different from reality refers to the basis of your arguments and not to the reality of your being emotional. When your friend candidly tells you that what you did is wrong and should apologize, you might be emotional and get all worked up about you being older than the other person and thus continue to make a fool of yourself, or you can accept the reality and take your friend's advice and simply apologize. Hope you now understand how emotions are different from reality?

WHAT you seem to have MISSED, is that my original post is about possible [b]reasons [/b]why a lady might be more inclined to forgive a cheating spouse, not IF it is right to cheat.
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by yfirstson(m): 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
Same reason a key that can open many locks is called "Masterkey" while a lock that can be opened by many keys is called "Bad lock".
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by Demdem(m): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ or shitty lock.
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by bjcole(m): 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
I have heard of this saying so many times  " When a man catches his wife cheating, the wife packs out, and if a woman catches her husband cheating, she packs out as well, or she is ready to settle"

I am begining to believe this, i dont see ma wife packing out of her matrimonial home bcause she catches me with a babe, but it is not fair on them
(wives or Gf) blood runs in their vains too.

Me i either not do it at all or no do am reach where she dey, e dey pain o.
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by candyshore: 9:39am On Apr 08, 2010
dats african mentality 4 u
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2010
1st n foremost we will be wrong to place men n women on d same scale on any issue at all. women n men r as different as black n white physically,emotionally,spritually n otherwise. d reason y cheatn women r not tolerated is simple: dy r d "vessels" through which reinvent ourselves in our offsprings.a cheatn woman is like a tainted "vessel".u begin to doubt d paternity of ur own kids. but a cheatn man(i do not condone such) has no maternity issues to deal with from d womans angle cuz d woman alwayz knows. on an ending note: to all women,u r all glass houses. u cannot afford to throw stones at urselves.besides it takes a gud woman to mk a home whr sane kids r raised. ciao
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by idifu(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2010
did d poster cheated on her husbandsad?
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by ammamat(f): 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2010
@idi not at all, its just very common in our society.
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by tpia5: 1:56am On Jun 15, 2011
Akainzo:

This is a function of how the Lord have created us all.

Check all through the holy books, it is written, no two men can share a woman; for there cannot be two captains in a boat.

The reason is simple, unto whom is the woman that has cheated loyal to? the husband or the boyfriend? A man cannot live not knowing that his wife is loyal to him.

A wife on the other hand has to be loyal to someone. She can decide to be loyal to the husband and thus forgive him and moves on, or can repudiate her loyalty to him and packs out of the house.

To also give you an insight, think of this two scenarios:
Scenario 1
A man walks into his house and sees a man on top of his woman/wife. What does the BF do?

Scenario 2
A woman walks into her house and sees her man on top of another woman. What does the GF do?

In scenario 1, the BF takes off immediately knowing that any delay could result in his death while in scenario 2, most times, there ensues a shouting match between GF and Madam.

What does the above outcomes tell you about how the Lord has made us? The above reactions are natural inbred instincts and have nothing to do with your nationality or religion.

hmm, a religious nutjob.
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by frank317: 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2011
cheating from every angle is wrong, but the world does not work that way.

the fact is that men do not see sex as women do. to men sex is primarily driven by hunger and desire, it is a means of satisfaction before u can talk about feelings.

but to women sex primarily has to do with feelings. for sex to be meaningful for a woman, she must first feel loved, and feeel love. the satisfaction is a secondary issue.

from these explanation i will like to ask u how u would feel if your wiife sleeps with another, knowing fully well that she must have felt loved and love for whoever she slept with and knowing that the man who slept with your beloved wife used her as a means of satisfying his hunger for sex.

to me this is basically why it hurts men. they know that they didnt have feeling for whoever they slept with but their wife must have felt something deep for any man they must have slept with.

secondly, men bang women and women dont bang men (i mean that men are usually in charge and control during sex, they open the girls legs and do majority of the actions, and so on although there could be some exceptions). so as a man wont u rather fell comfortable banging other women than other men banging your wife?
Re: Why Do Wives/ Husbands by Emeka72(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2011
MEN: Seem to be more interested in catching fun. WOMEN: Seem to be more interested in keeping relationships.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Anonymous Threat To My Life / The Bitter Truith For All Ladies !!!!!!!! A Must Read / Have You Ever Been Betrayed By Someone You Loved Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.