Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,953 members, 7,873,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Alive Because Suicide Is A Crime - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alive Because Suicide Is A Crime (422 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Baby And Me - A Crime Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alive Because Suicide Is A Crime by VeekeeO(f): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2017
I felt strange today. Maybe because my boyfriend left town ( OK. I shouldn't bother you with that ). I felt lonely. Yeah. That's the word. I wanted to be with somebody, talk with anybody but no body was around. I took my headset and headed out to listen to some jams and keep myself occupied.
I strolled to a lonely and quiet road.

I saw this girl, she should be nothing less than 19. But she was very beautiful. I wanted to talk to her, seeing a potential friend in her. But before I got to where she sat, she got up and left. I wanted to call her back but not until I saw a little book on the seat. A part of me wanted to call her back but I relaxed as I saw a phone number. I would read the book first before returning it.

It was a diary. Blue with yellow flowers. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I just couldn't help it.
I read the first few pages. Life seemed rosy for Kaanyi. She had the perfect family and I for a second wished we could swap families. Then, there was a long blank space and I thought if it was really worthwhile.
I moved ahead and the caption grabbed me. Literally. 'I am still living because suicide is a crime '
I scanned through to know why she wrote that but nothing!
I was scared but didn't know why.

Then another caption, 'is it really a crime? Even if it is, I won't be around to pay for it'
I smelt that page. It was still fresh. She had just written it. My fear grew stronger. I quickly dialed the number, but there was no network coverage to connect.
I knew I had to get home. I felt this connection with Kaanyi and I needed her to live notwithstanding the odds.
I walked to where had network coverage and redialled her number. It connected and finally, someone picked up.
'Kaanyi? '
There was silence. Then accompanied by muffled cries.
'Kaanyi? Are you there? '
'Kaanyi is no more'
It was like my heart was being shattered. I was late, I was too late. I shed tears for someone I did not know but I knew I would spend the rest of my life wondering why she did what she did.
R. I. P. Kaanyi.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs Nowadays Guys Are Animals / Tears Of An African Child / "Why You Need The Right Team; A Case Study Of Ben Carson. By Chisom Okaro"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.