Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,077 members, 7,949,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

Uk Election On May 6; With Polls - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uk Election On May 6; With Polls (8257 Views)

Poll: Which party would you vote for

Labour: 50% (14 votes)
Conservatives: 14% (4 votes)
Lib Derms: 32% (9 votes)
UKIP: 0% (0 votes)
BNP: 3% (1 vote)
Green party: 0% (0 votes)
Others: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Ben Carson Now Joint Top With Trump In US GOP Polls After AntiMuslim Comments / Ben Carson Surges In Polls After Debate Performance / Uk Election Called - May 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ElRazur: 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2010
I suppose when you presented your so called facts and it is swiftly shown to be nothing but misconception, why won't you go to the extent of claiming I am arguing blindly blah blah blah, it is called "running out of steam"

It sucks really. You judge newspapers based on the headlines alone and not the content right? Very excellent logic.

smiley

Please point out where I have stated The Sun is left wing? Perhaps I am not seeing it. smiley

I suppose people like you go around thinking they are been victimised and "society against them because they are foreigners" etc. Nice.

Instead of your ad hominem tactics, perhaps show me and for the benefit of those who may be reading that the UK media is right wing like you have claimed all along. smiley Oh let's not forget Europe too. smiley
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2010
Not everyone is as confused as yourself. Read through your untruths and you will discover [since you have apparently forgotten] where you vomitted your balderdash.

I realize that you are allergic to knowledge hence your need for me to repeat areas where i had given you a sound beating. So far from losing the arguement, i am frustrated by your failure to grasp the obvious. It shows i care for you and i dread the unclothed shock on peoples faces when you display such caustic ignorance in the wider public.

When a man knows he has been defeated in an arguement he resorts to personal innuendoes. I did not sneak into the country on the back of a lorry, neither am i afraid if i can ever renew my stay. I am way past that, being well and truely part of the uk citizenry. Nevertheless, i am not ashamed of my roots neither will i deny it,unlike one of us. I would continue to call black black and white white. When peoples human rights are being trampled upon simply because of their colour or lineage they need someone to speak for them especially when they are voiceless. That is the situation a lot of immigrants find themselves not only in europe but the larger western world.

Besides i share many of the sentiments on the left, namely on multiculturalism, welfarism, societal equality, globalisation and climate change. Whereas you judging from your posts stand for yourself. You must be a difficult person to live with. You wife/girlfriend [if you have one considering the amount of time you spend here] must be one [un]lucky person. You can even argue with your shadow. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ElRazur: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2010
How is that adding to the debate at hand?

Again in your infinite knowledge, please prove how the UK media is right wing and how Europe is right wing. smiley
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ayettymama(f): 8:10am On Apr 13, 2010
even im confused

momsie has decided this year we must all pour out of the hse and vote

i dont like th elook of any of these people

lolz who is quoting the sun??

dont unno these are party owned newspapers??

the only paper to read when it come to political transperancy is the independant
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by KBright(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2010
Can someone help me with the names, state and portfolios of the new ministers?
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 13, 2010
Yawns !!!

All the same, no differennce, same old story.

Voting for labour however will simply mean continuity which in my opinion is what we currently need.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 10:28am On Apr 13, 2010
Someones voting for the BNP on NL shocked
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ow11(m): 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2010
snowdrops:

Someones voting for the BNP on NL shocked

So?
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
ow11:

So?
Is that all you can utter? SO? grin

2 letters. I laugh in vanacular.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2010
CONSERVATIVE POLICY ON CRIME, JUSTICE AND IMMIGRATION

Councils and police to get powers to shut shops or bars persistently selling alcohol to children and to charge more for late-night licences to cover policing costs
Double the maximum fine for under-age alcohol sales to £20,000 and ban off licences and supermarkets from selling alcohol below cost price
Social enterprises, charities and voluntary groups to deliver more public services aimed at tackling deep-rooted social problems
Education, mentoring and drug rehabilitation programmes to help young offenders "go straight"
Annual limit on the number of non-EU economic migrants to UK, with access only for those who bring "most value to British economy"
Foreign students to pay bond on entering the country, to be repaid when they leave

Big difference from Labour:
Disagreement over immigration, with the Conservatives supporting a points system but with an annual limit, while Labour prefer the points-based system with no cap.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by debosky(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2010
What is wrong in voting BNP? grin

El Razur has the opportunity to become the first black BNP candidate. grin grin

Apart from their shaky immigration policy of 'directed settlement' and 'earned asylum', the Lib Dems are the best party out there. I might just vote them in hoping there's a hung parliament with the Lib Dems being the king makers in the end.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ayettymama(f): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2010
cosign although libdem seem to have less chance than the pigs waitin to fly ova the moon undecided undecided
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2010
A vote for the lib derms is a wasted vote for me. They stand no chance of producing the next pm.

Unless you live in the south west where they are neck to neck with the tories, i believe they should be avoided like a plague.

Labour for all their failing s still represent the best hope for middle england. The tories are all about giving tax breaks to the rich and the opposite for the less haves.

BNP are a fascist party. Their leader Nick Griffins is a nauseating fellow.They have no place in 21st century earth.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ayettymama(f): 3:47am On Apr 14, 2010
^^ you'd be surprised, you ever taken a look at the common british individual

bunch of no brainers!- if were not careful it will be difficult stopping the BNP!

thats why they have bloody seats! but neways theres no need to dwell on it

libdems are absolute genius, i dont understand why they always loose

they came up with the NHS for bloody sake!!
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2010
ayettymama:

bunch of no brainers!- if were not careful it will be difficult stopping the BNP!

The NHS was founded by the labour government after the second world war.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ow11(m): 8:38am On Apr 14, 2010
ayettymama:

They saw the rot in the banking industry as well. Still have no idea why they aren't bigger than Labour. Nick Clegg for PM!!

snowdrops:

Is that all you can utter? SO? grin

2 letters. I laugh in vanacular.

If you like laugh in Hyena speak. . . The question still stands. . . Abi you dey fear say Nick go send your black a** back to Eko by May 7th?

Don't worry, even if Nick Griffin is the next PM, He would only replace (If that is feasible) the existing settled immigrant population with a new set. Britain can't be relevant without immigrants. However, the new migrants would say with all truth that they are indeed 2nd class citizens.

Nick Griffin is a smart man and is using the insecurities of the poor white people and his bigotry to fill up his pockets. Why is he an MEP if he doesn't believe in the EU?
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ayettymama(f): 11:32am On Apr 14, 2010
snowdrops:

The NHS was founded by the labour government after the second world war.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/setting-the-record-straight-labour-and-the-nhs-15930.html
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 14, 2010
BNP got no chance, lol.

Party of desperate Thugs
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ayettymama(f): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2010
youd be surprised

better start packing ur disaster evacuation kit grin grin grin
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2010
I've got no beef with what the BNP and Nick Griffin are doing.

They are just trying protect what belongs to them. . . . .and I see no qualms in doing this.

If you don't like it, do not vote in favour of them.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2010
ow11:

If you like laugh in Hyena speak. . . The question still stands. . . Abi you dey fear say Nick go send your black a** back to Eko by May 7th?

Don't worry, even if Nick Griffin is the next PM, He would only replace (If that is feasible) the existing settled immigrant population with a new set. Britain can't be relevant without immigrants. However, the new migrants would say with all truth that they are indeed 2nd class citizens.

Nick Griffin is a smart man and is using the insecurities of the poor white people and his bigotry to fill up his pockets. Why is he an MEP if he doesn't believe in the EU?
Go sleep. You are talking rubbish
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 12:01am On Apr 15, 2010
ayettymama:

http://www.libdemvoice.org/setting-the-record-straight-labour-and-the-nhs-15930.html

Can you tell us what the link says.
However research your history properly. I am 100% sure Labour started the NHS.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 12:07am On Apr 15, 2010
OMO IBO:

I've got no beef with what the BNP and Nick Griffin are doing.

They are just trying protect what belongs to them. . . . .and I see no qualms in doing this.

If you don't like it, do not vote in favour of them.
Ironically i pray they win. They are a one agenda party; immigration. After getting rid of all coloured people and making britain one white country i go see who would do all the jobs their people refuse to do.

The BNP also want the UK to pull out completely from europe. What jokers. Recipe for disaster and complete collapse of their economy.
They have rubbish policies as well on education, health, defense, etc etc.

That said they have a good chance of producing their first MP to the commons. Nick Griffins is contesting in Dagenam, and of course capitalizing on resentments amongst indigenous populations against settlers. In 2005 they came a close third behind the tories.

If they get into the commons, its going to be a publicity stunt as they would hardly have oppotunities to talk there and their singular vote would be largely irrelevant to influence government policies.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by ayettymama(f): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2010
^^ its an illusion- they didnt come up with the idea, they simply tweaked it abit

it was inevitable at the time they came into power

it had already carried an all round vote

anyways i wasnt alive at the time soo i wouldnt no for sure

but its one of those things u learn from a political maniac of a teacher!
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 8:04am On Apr 15, 2010
HISTORY
The post World War II labour government created the NHS as part of its sweeping welfare state reform policy. The general hypotheses was that England had just proven, during the war years, that it was capable of employing almost the entire workforce and spend large amounts of money on wartime endeavours, and that those same resources could be focused on the public good. Unfortunately, once the US ended its war with Japan, all funding from the US that had subsidised Britain up to this point was withdrawn, leaving the newly birthed NHS short of funding. The situation was somewhat remedied at the beginning of the cold war, when the US provided funds to help rebuild the economy of Western Europe.

Many doctors were initially negatively biased to the idea of free public healthcare, and went so far as to gather themselves into an organised opposition. This opposition was not fully laid to rest until Aneurin Bevan, the Minister of Health at the time, managed to convince the medical profession that the healthcare reforms that were to lay the path for the NHS, were essential; he then went on to offer lucrative settlements for future consultants to the young NHS.

The resulting healthcare system ensured that everyone, regardless of background or income, would have access to medical treatment, and be able to seek the advice and service of doctors as they needed. All of this was funded solely through taxation, the Labour Party in England still touts the NHS as its greatest ever achievement.

http://www.nhshelp.co.uk/history.html
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2010
Is anyone watching the leaders debate.?

few minutes into the programme, i feel nick clegg has hit a few punches and is winning
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
I doubt Nick isn't winning - I think GB has actually scored a few points.

Like I said, Nick's immigration policy is watery and Cameron is too unspecific.

On crime, Nick is the one hitting hard while Cameron was trying to pull emotion. GB is doing just ok.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by debosky(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2010
@ snowdrops

The issue here is not simply who becomes PM, it's who has enough votes to either dominate or influence decisions. If the Conservatives win but have a hung parliament, they will need the Lib Dems to have a majority, and that will bring in the Lib's good ideas and dilute some of the ridiculous policies of the Conservatives.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
debosky:

@ snowdrops

The issue here is not simply who becomes PM, it's who has enough votes to either dominate or influence decisions. If the Conservatives win but have a hung parliament, they will need the Lib Dems to have a majority, and that will bring in the Lib's good ideas and dilute some of the ridiculous policies of the Conservatives.
Agreed. I had same discussion at work today. Thats the beauty of a hung parliament. So many proposed policies but no decisions would be reached. I dont think the tories would like that.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by snowdrops(m): 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2010
I think Nicks policies on immigration are the most sensible. The focus should be on regional migration rather than national. Afterall the ill effects of immigration ie competition for schools, hospitals and other public infracstructes are more far reaching in typical white working class areas. As practised in canada and australia, would be migrants are evenly distributed around the country.

cameron wants a cap? How many? What would determine the figure per yr. Its impractical and ridiculous and would be thrown out by the lib derms in a combined government.
Re: Uk Election On May 6; With Polls by debosky(m): 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2010
snowdrops:

I think Nicks policies on immigration are the most sensible. The focus should be on regional migration rather than national. Afterall the ill effects of immigration ie competition for schools, hospitals and other public infracstructes are more far reaching in typical white working class areas. As practised in canada and australia, would be migrants are evenly distributed around the country.

Dude it doesn't work as claimed - I have lived in Canada myself, and after a couple of years, people will move to the same areas with problems now. Even if you focus WORKERS on an area, you cannot restrict their children, wife, and other family members who inevitably follow in immigrants. You get an initial movement in other areas, but everyone will gravitate towards the large population centres.

cameron wants a cap? How many? What would determine the figure per yr. Its impractical and ridiculous and would be thrown out by the lib derms in a combined government.

Regardless of Cameron's flaws, the cap might still be the best situation, alongside reducing the follow on family members who come along with immigrants. If it works clearly in Australia, then I don't see why it can't work in the UK.

The cap can be set by the ONS, the businesses that need immigrants and matched in line with the capacity of the NHS, schools and housing to absorb the influx of immigrants. If people don't feel a negative impact, immigration will become a lesser problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

United Auto Workers Union Files Federal Labour Charges Against Trump, Elon Musk / VIDEO:Niger Ex-Finance Minister Cries After Told To Explain Missing Money Or Die / Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.