Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,322 members, 7,943,808 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: (1264 Views)

Lovers Of Zee World Destiny Indian Drama New Soap Opera....let Discuss / How Many Of You Remembers The Drama That Featured This Character? Pic. / Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2010
Nicollete Sheridan who played the role of Edie Brit in popular TU drama DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES is suing the creator and producer of the TU DRAMA Marc Cherry for $20 million for wrongful termination humilation and physical assault. Apparently, Edie Brit was killed off in the drama series around feburary. The actress claims Marc Cherry terminated her character wrongfully and assaults and humilates her without regard to her person.

Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Cyberfreak(f): 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2010
L
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
Check out eonline.com
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2010
Thanks jonesparke, Desperate housewives would be dull without edie brit.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2010
Hehehe . . . Edie should sue Bree's husband for casing the car-crash not the producers grin grin
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . Edie should sue Bree's husband for casing the car-crash not the producers grin grin

chauvinist males!
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2010
Amya:

chauvinist males!

I'm chauvinist, but yet I watch Desperate Housewives??
I like this your line of reasoning. grin grin
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 9:02am On Apr 17, 2010
eldee:

I'm chauvinist, but yet I watch Desperate Housewives??
I like this your line of reasoning. grin grin

could be that you watch it to check out the reasoning of women.

I'm guessing that while you watch it, you have disapproval etched on your face, wondering the point of the whole drama?

Or you could just be checking out beautiful white women!

Chauvinistic!
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 10:29am On Apr 17, 2010
Amya:

could be that you watch it to check out the reasoning of women.

I'm guessing that while you watch it, you have disapproval etched on your face, wondering the point of the whole drama?

Or you could just be checking out beautiful white women!

Chauvinistic!

So your explanation for me watching all the Desperate Housewives seasons is 'you're checking out the women'??
Read what you just said out loud. . . and see if it rolls of your mouth.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2010
eldee:

So your explanation for me watching all the Desperate Housewives seasons is 'you're checking out the women'??
Read what you just said out loud. . . and see if it rolls of your mouth.

ok, Let's see, em, My bad. please, let me erase what i said above. It was dumb i guess.

What i mean't to say was this. Desperate housewives is a good tv drama, It has all the ingredients that make it the viewers delight that it is. It's gat a great story line, a witty dialogue, it's serious lace with so much humour, it's gat a great cast e.t.c
My point is that it can be appreciated by anybody, Dumb asses, old women, genuises, primary school pupils and even CHAUVINISTIC MALES!

Watching desperate housewives does not make you less of the chauvinist that you are.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2010
Amya:

ok, Let's see, em, My bad. please, let me erase what i said above. It was dumb i guess.

What i mean't to say was this. Desperate housewives is a good tv drama, It has all the ingredients that make it the viewers delight that it is. It's gat a great story line, a witty dialogue, it's serious lace with so much humour, it's gat a great cast e.t.c
My point is that it can be appreciated by anybody, Dumb asses, old women, genuises, primary school pupils and even CHAUVINISTIC MALES!

Watching desperate housewives does not make you less of the chauvinist that you are.

Nah . . . chauvinistic males don't like to see Lynette control her husband.
They don't see any reason why we should let a show that promotes gender equality be getting ratings.
If I were chauvinistic would I be happy that the most sexually active woman of the lot is gone??

You're blinded by stuff you don't even know, someone that actually thinks, like Eva Longoria, will watch and see if those accusations are actually true not just jump on the next bandwagon.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2010
[quote author=eldee link=topic=426567.msg5907555#msg5907555 date=127

You're blinded by stuff you don't even know, someone that actually thinks, like Eva Longoria, will watch and see if those accusations are actually true not just jump on the next bandwagon.
[quote][/quote]
there's a probability that what nicolette alleged really happened. As far as i'm concerned, eva and others could as well be protecting there next pay check.

Of all the other housewives, nicolette was the only one that got a role without even auditioning. If you ask me, this is probably a case of a deal gone bad. Marc cherry probably thought that since he made nicolette, he could break her too.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2010
Amya:

there's a probability that what nicolette alleged really happened. As far as i'm concerned, eva and others could as well be protecting there next pay check.

Of all the other housewives, nicolette was the only one that got a role without even auditioning. If you ask me, this is probably a case of a deal gone bad. Marc cherry probably thought that since he made nicolette, he could break her too.

That's your story, of course it could be a working relationship gone bad, but the sexual abuse?? Come on.
The sexual abuse part could be sour grapes because she obviously thought anyone could cut her off.

That's a serious allegation, but calling me sexist because I didn't jump on it is just wrong.

Eva Longoria is doing what any smart person will do, don't pick sides till you have the full story.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2010
@eldee

i'm not taking sides. Ok, even if i am, it's because i'm very passionate about issues such as this. What if she's not lying. What if she's really telling the truth. She should suffer for speaking out?
I'm not fooled by marc's cherubic innocent looks. People like that always have loads of skeleton in there closet.

Some people do bad things to others and go away with it all the time. It's not new.
So, suing culprits for huge sums of money may not completely eliminate such trends, but it may curb it a little,

, but, if she's accusing him falsely, It's all good, it's a man's world. He'll still get himself out of the mess and continue his existence, But i doubt his innocence still.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2010
@eldee

and why the repeated reference to Eva? Do i detect a lil crush here?
Eya, too bad she's married. Kpele, lmao!
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're not taking sides?? Calling me sexist just because I refuse to be influenced by the media and Sheridan.
'People like that always have loads of skeleton in there closet.' . . .
'If she's accusing him falsely, it's all good . . .'

Where I'm from that called 'jumping into conclusions'.
You've made him guilty just and only because a fired and obviously disgruntled actress accused her producer of sexual harassment.

You never asked yourself why this never came up when she was the biggest star in the series after Eva Longoria.

I'm still taking a neutral stand on this till more info comes out . . .

Amya:

@eldee

and why the repeated reference to Eva? Do i detect a lil crush here?
Eya, too bad she's married. Kpele, lmao!

She's the biggest star on the show, and she's the first person that came out to take a neutral sound instead of jumping on every boat available.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2010
@eldee,

Eva is not publicly taking any side, not because she doesn't know the truth and therefore doesn't want to jump into any conclusions, No. Can't you see, she's only tryna be diplomatic. Publicly taking sides would only mean losing from one side or the other. She has so much to lose. If she takes side with Sheridan, she risks losing her job and infuriating the powers that be in moviedom. If she takes sides with Marc, she risks losing Sheridan's friendship, and being called a backstabbing bitch by a section of the public. Any of the two decisions could end her career. It'll only be wise for her to remain non-aligned.

I on the other hand have nothing to lose. So i'l take sides all i want. From your comment below, it's also very clear which side you are on.

"You have made him guilty just and only because a fired and OBVIOUSLY DISGRUNTLED actress accused her producer of sexual harassment"
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2010
Amya:

@eldee,

Eva is not publicly taking any side, not because she doesn't know the truth and therefore doesn't want to jump into any conclusions, No. Can't you see, she's only tryna be diplomatic. Publicly taking sides would only mean losing from one side or the other. She has so much to lose. If she takes side with Sheridan, she risks losing her job and infuriating the powers that be in moviedom. If she takes sides with Marc, she risks losing Sheridan's friendship, and being called a backstabbing naughty woman by a section of the public. Any of the two decisions could end her career. It'll only be wise for her to remain non-aligned.

My watchword . . . never let emotions make decisions for you.
You're not thinking clearly here because of your emotions.

The loss of Sheridan's friendship can and will not end Eva Longoria's career . . . infact, she'll prolly get a production role by being friends with the producer.
She refused to go the easy way like you obviously have.

Amya:

I on the other hand have nothing to lose. So i'l take sides all i want. From your comment below, it's also very clear which side you are on.

"You have made him guilty just and only because a fired and OBVIOUSLY DISGRUNTLED actress accused her producer of sexual harassment"

Nah . . . your emotions at work again.
I concluded she was annoyed for being fired because she sued for 'wrongful termination'.
I didn't imply anything else . . . just pointed out that they weren't sharing cookies after she got fired.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2010
@eldee

If there is any one of us blinded by emotions, it's you. You've had it locked up in your psyche that nicolette wants to get back at Marc for losing her job. Yeah yeah i now she plays the bad girl, the backbiter, the manipulator. But that's just Edie at play. You just want to believe that nicolette is making things up. But have you ever thought she could be telling the truth. She has the look of a manipulator, yes, but you shouldn't judge her by that. Somehow, i believe her and know she's telling the truth. Call it feminine intuition?
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2010
Hehehe . . . nah, I don't even know who's wrong here.
I made that clear at the beginning, I refuse to choose sides.

You've mentioned looks of Sheridan and the producer, I haven't.
You have said you passionately support this cause. . .
You have said, you chose sides because yo 'have nothing to lose'.

And I'm the one being controlled by emotions??

You know what, it's expected. . . I won't spend a whole day discussing Edie Brit, you're allowed to continue in your witch-hunt.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2010
Yeah yeah, it's ok for you to back out of the arguement. If i were arguing against me, i'd have done that a long time ago.

One thing i'm certain about, is the whole truth would come out one day.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2010
Amya:

Yeah yeah, it's ok for you to back out of the arguement. If i were arguing against me, i'd have done that a long time ago.

One thing i'm certain about, is the whole truth would come out one day.

Hehehe . . . I warned you. grin grin
Now listen to yourself speak.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2010
You don't get it, do you. Read it again.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2010
Amya:

You don't get it, do you. Read it again.

You know what, there's no need to go personal here.
Your whole argument is baseless and you know that.

In one argument, you've termed me sexist and admitted that you were being bias . . . seriously, you'll have to give me a good reason to consider the next thing you say valuable.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2010
eldee:

You know what, there's no need to go personal here.
Your whole argument is baseless and you know that.

In one argument, you've termed me sexist and admitted that you were being bias . . . seriously, you'll have to give me a good reason to consider the next thing you say valuable.

pheeeeww!!! You are really a hard nut to crack! You are being sexiest. You wanna know why? All through this argument, you've CLAIMED that you weren't going to take sides. But you have. Even a blind man can see you are clearly doing exactly that.

You wanna know the difference btw me and you? I say what i feel without fear. But you, you hide in the cloak of diplomacy when deep in your heart, you are in the other side. Own up for once in your life eldee.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by eldee(m): 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I gave you a chance to say sumn smart . . . you didn't.
I'm sorry but right now you're making this sound more and more like a farce.

'Eldee is sexist' . . . but erm 'he has a crush on Eva Longoria', 'actually I'm being bias' and yeah 'I actually said sumn silly' . . . 'actually he's not sexist, he's swayed by their looks' oh yeah that's still sexist'. . . and all time classic . . . 'he's a secretly sexist, bias, Desperate Housewives fan that's got a crush on Eva Longoria''

Now that's some Chris Rock ish right there. grin grin
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by Amya(f): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2010
eldee:

'Eldee is sexist' . . . but erm 'he has a crush on Eva Longoria', 'actually I'm being bias' and yeah 'I actually said sumn silly' . . . 'actually he's not sexist, he's swayed by their looks' oh yeah that's still sexist'. . . and all time classic . . . 'he's a secretly sexist, bias, Desperate Housewives fan that's got a crush on Eva Longoria''

whatever made you think you can't be all these at the same time?
You can be sexist, and have a crush on eva, and also be a desperate housewives fan, and still be gender bias.

Stuffs like this happen all the time. It's not new. I see people like this all the time.

My advice to you- DO A 360 ON YOUR SENSE OF JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS. It could make you a better person.

And finally, i don't care whether this could be considered rash, but i, rather than wait a long time trying to decide some issues, i let my instinct guide me. And i can proudly say that it always steer me to the truth.
Re: Desperate Housewiues: As Real Life Drama Unfolds: by kenerep: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2010
Do you guys know each other before, ? this your posts,

(1) (Reply)

Devil / Hitv A Fraud / Tv Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.