Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec (5115 Views)

Buhari Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC / Yoruba Elders At Summit Says: Only A Bastard Will Vote Jonathan / Photos From Fire Incident From INEC Office Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Wole Soyinka was once the Road Safety Chairman.

Can someone please list his legacies and relate them to the level of safety on our roads today?

Soyinka is a fine man but it wont take one fine man to correct the system

lol. . .but what did Wole Soyinka do?

HE RESIGNED wink wink wink
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by OYBMEND: 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2010
doyin13:

lol. . .but what did Wole Soyinka do?

HE RESIGNED wink wink wink

lol . . . . . but Nigerian roads are not utopia since he resigned are they?

We don't want quiters we need those who can stay the course. Soyinka can not stand the antics of Nigerian politicians.

For his sake and that of this country I hope he rejects if offered the position so that we can still have those who willl criticise Government.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kilode1: 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
We don't want quiters we need those who can stay the course. Soyinka can not stand the antics of Nigerian politicians.

In this case, I prefer quitters over clueless administrators who clearly cannot solve the problem but choose to stay in office because of their egotistical/selfish interests.

IMO, We need more "quitters" in Nigeria. or at least more leaders who will admit they are wrong and either quit or commit seppuku undecided

It's obvious that any fool can fail at that INEC job, so Iwu is not doing Nigerians any special favours by staying there. We can easily find another Idiot.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by OYBMEND: 12:01am On Apr 09, 2010
But he is an experienced idiot who can only improve the system from his past failure.

A new idiot will repeat his failure if not worst.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 12:07am On Apr 09, 2010
OYB_MEND:

But he is an experienced idiot who can only improve the system from his past failure.

The man is obstinate. . . .

He refuses to acknowledge his mistakes
and would rather blame ''loser politicians''
or the ''opposition''.

He regards Anambra as a monumental success
despite the discrepancies in the voter's register.

The man is a disgrace. . . .
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2010
Kilode?!:

In this case, I prefer quitters over clueless administrators who clearly cannot solve the problem but choose to stay in office because of their egotistical/selfish interests.

[size=13pt]IMO, We need more "quitters" in Nigeria. or at least more leaders who will admit they are wrong and either quit or commit seppuku undecided[/size]

I stated the very same to a friend just last name.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kilode1: 1:06am On Apr 09, 2010
OYB_MEND:

An idiot will never succeed at that job, that is the point.

But, to continue with Iwu's silly reasoning, I'll prefer a new fool in that office, we are bored with his foolish ineptitude, we need another idiot to amuse us while pretending to know what he/she is doing.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Tamunofiri(m): 1:37am On Apr 09, 2010
And only idiots mark their scripts and publish ridiculous scores for themselves even when it is glaring they performed woefully.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by defhenry(m): 2:40am On Apr 09, 2010
we do not, after the horror show that brought in the present administration. i wonder how people like u dont hide ur head in shame
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by supereagle(m): 5:17am On Apr 09, 2010
He allowed OBJ to use and destroyed him. The man should have maintained good integrity.
1993 election remained the best election so far in this country.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by olaolabiy: 7:29am On Apr 09, 2010
many are short-sighted on this forum.so, you think iwu is the problem?which one has done well since independence? nwosu?the same man that chickened out at the last minute? the little success he had was down to IBB not contesting and not having any interest in any of the candidates.

you guys can't think.

our mindset-as nigerians, is the problem. not one iwu.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by HIROSHI: 7:59am On Apr 09, 2010
How can Maurice Iwu, the Professor of Pharmacy that was told to head an electoral body be absolved of complicity? He is grossly incompetent and his defence only amounts to the ranting of a drowning man.

[b]Iwu[/b]ruwuru!
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by rasputinn(m): 8:19am On Apr 09, 2010
[size=16pt]Everybody knows INEC(under Mauice Iwu) cannot conduct credible elections(which will be a miracle)hence we're asking him to go,but Iwu and his supporters believe otherwise,they believe Iwu's INEC can actually conduct credible elections i.e perform miracles,this makes Iwu THE CHIEF OF ALL IDIOTS[/size]
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by deluxecad(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2010
Iwu must go! He is bereft of culture and diplomacy. He talks like a motorpark tout. No wonder he returns touts as winners of elections. He must go!
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by tayo4me(f): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2010
Is he just noticing that some underground forces are trying their best in preventing the system from operating properly? Did he not benefit from them? Why is he now criticising them? He also said the 2007 election was successful, which kind of successful? The man is a snake, and is only saying all these now because he wants to keep his job. He is just too desperate for my liking jare, and should go and sit down
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by olaolabiy: 9:24am On Apr 09, 2010
he should go.agreed.but do you expect the next person to be any different?i'm not saying he's a good man.but how many of us can be above board in that position? may be you all have little knowledge about how things work in nigeria.who is that nigerian that will say know to 'mr president' in that position? if there is any that fellow won't get there in the first place.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by jpphilips(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2010
@beaf how free was the 1993 elections and if it was so free wat did we achieve with an election where there were no results?

The truth is dat the politicians messed us up, or wasnt it Arthur Nzeribe a politician who went to court and got a ruling that results should not be declared and Nwosu refused to obey.

Iwu tried his best Obj didnt allow Iweala return to finance ministry so that the treasury could be pludered to manipulate the elections same was the challenge Iwu had believe me Obj should be blamed squarely for the 2007 failures

At Marvix;

What has

@beaf how free was the 1993 elections and if it was so free wat did we achieve with an election where there were no results?

this statement got to do with the credibility of the election? the incumbent government regected result did not mean the election aint credible.

Iwu tried his best Obj didnt allow Iweala return to finance ministry so that the treasury could be pludered to manipulate the elections same was the challenge Iwu had believe me Obj should be blamed squarely for the 2007 failures
[quote][/quote]

On this i guess you dont even know why Abel was removed, Y do some people lose touch of their focal points when making contributions?
How do you mean tried? do you have a scintilla of how many erudite in this country?
Let me ask you, if Iwu was an MD of a company and he hires an HR that hires pady pady block head and his operation suffers, what do you think He Iwu will do to that HR?
its a shame that we celebrate Gross ineptitude. failure has no other names, failure means failure, Iwu has failed and he should bury his face in shame for his disservice to this country.

If iwu had a scintilla of decorum, at least he could have challenged even one of the annulled elections in a higher court if he thought he has done what is right, but the evidence that annuls these elections are so glaring, look at the Obi vs Ngige case.
the man is rogue and should be jailed.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by govano(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2010
There is this point we always miss in Iwu's case: firstly he is a single individual and does not possess the omini potent power. Secondly the political system is structurally bad. Thirdly we have a political party (PDP)with the philosophy of "the end justifies the means" and politicians that lack any sense of intergrity and modesty.
I used to see him from the lens of Devil advocate until i witnessed how PDP used the touts in the village to disenfranchised the voters amidst protests from both the officials and other party angents.
We all have a role to play as regards free and fair elections in this country. Iwu is a person and can only rely on the reports of field INEC officials. We can only stop curruption by personally resolving to do what is right and collectively stoping others from doing what is wrong. I am not Iwu's fan either cool But if our political behaviour, culture and mindset to public offices(elective) is 'reformed', there is little an 'angel' can do to give us a glib of hope. cool shocked
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chidichris(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2010
There is this point we always miss in Iwu's case: firstly he is a single individual and does not possess the omini potent power. Secondly the political system is structurally bad. Thirdly we have a political party (PDP)with the philosophy of "the end justifies the means" and politicians that lack any sense of intergrity and modesty.
I used to see him from the lens of Devil advocate until i witnessed how PDP used the touts in the village to disenfranchised the voters amidst protests from both the officials and other party angents.
We all have a role to play as regards free and fair elections in this country. Iwu is a person and can only rely on the reports of field INEC officials. We can only stop curruption by personally resolving to do what is right and collectively stoping others from doing what is wrong. I am not Iwu's fan either Cool But if our political behaviour, culture and mindset to public offices(elective) is 'reformed', there is little an 'angel' can do to give us a glib of hope.

@govano,
i really understand where u are coming from and i want to say it out here that this topic is one of the best discussed topics so far on this forum as ppl say their minds with free and fair points.
let us accept that iwu's hands are tied and he can't do or no one can do more than what he has done given the same situation, then there is this need for him to RESIGN.
the country and the country's interests can never be compromised with one man's interests.
if iwu leaves today, what does he loose? i can say NOTHING.
he shld be happy to have stayed that long on such a vital position given the population of the country.
what is democracy? the minds of the majority. if iwu is to face the public tomorrow, u and i know the the majority of our ppl will want him to go if not DEAD.
he was appointed by a man whose interest is to die in power and we know for obasanjo to have appointed and kept him there, there must be a kind of agreement between the duo.
he has lost our confidence and u can't impose urself on the ppl especially in a democratic setting.
he has done everything right but we want him out now.
we want electorial reforms that can bring in a neutral person and not a sole licker.
what and how do u think an iwu appointed by obasanjo will work against obasanjo.
for organising elections where 85% of the results were overturned by the courts and violent took over the system means he has lost control of the commision hence the need for the man to go or has he come to tell us that the chairman of INEC is a DO OR DIE AFFAIR?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by dupsytosh(f): 11:26am On Apr 09, 2010
y is evryone clamoring 4 Iwu 2 leave d post. He dint just wake up one day nd decide 2 make himself INEC chairman. sm1 or shuld I say sm ppl placed him there. He is just carrying out wat he was told 2 do, if after all d whining he's sent out just 2 satisfy d wagging tongues are we guaranteed a free n fair election?. is it nt d same set of ppl dat wuld hand pick anoda puppet as d chairman? a puppet dat who wuld do their bidding wend string is pulled

Can u get rid of a stubborn weed by just  cuttn off d tip instead of uprootn it?

either him or anoda chairman, as long as its still d same set of ppl in power we wuld continue 2 av Iwu-like elections just in anoder form.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by AroOkigbo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2010
"Jounalist mis-quote".
He actually said "Only Nigerians Expect Miracle From INEC cry
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by ojimboIV: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
Aro Okigbo:

"Jounalist mis-quote".
He actually said "Only Nigerians Expect Miracle From INEC cry

he's telling us what we already know.
this is what happens when you put a man with a low IQ in charge. he takes everyone else for morons.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by bigmoztj(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
Iwu should be ashamed of himself to professed such a statement, its seem he is despondent
Nevertheless, all Nigerian have the same mindset -self centered each pulling his own string. Trust me anybody that will comes in as
IN EC boss will make no difference especially if the party in power (president) has to appoint IN EC chairman,
because whoever is has to play allegiance to the person that appointed him.
IN EC is a very sensitive office of the Nigeria government and I suggest that appointment of IN EC chairman should be
institutional base, where who ever comes in play no game for any party whatsoever
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by misterh(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2010
Iwu is only caught in a cross-fire. the executive arm of the govt pay his salary remember.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by truly: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
Have we forgotten what we were told?
"Iwu is a world-renowned scientist" - so said his PR people
"I will conduct a free and fair election even if it is the last thing I will do in my life" - Iwu himself

So much was expected from world class scientist
The scientist made that statement after settling down at INEC and understanding the situation
Iwu has never said he was not given a free hand
When voter registration computers were found in Adedibu's house, what did Iwu do?
Offered to resign unless Adedibu was prosecuted?
No. Malicious indifference

So where is this saintly Iwu image coming from?
Or is there something he is benefitting from this job that continues to soil his name
When a judge that was handling the trial of Bola Ige's murderers got fed up
He withdrew and said publicly that he was getting pressure from unexpected quarters

As to quitting, why not
If he does not quit, how can I believe that he is not enjoying the job?
As regards transfer of power from Obj to Yaradua
Obj supervised the transfer of power to his appointed successor
How can that compare to the transfer of power (in Ghana) from Rawling's party to Kuffour's party and back to Rawling's party in Ghana

By the way, Iwu is the only examination candidate that insists on grading his own test
Inspite of the clear ability of his assessors (the Nigerian electorate) to do so

All over the world, scientists demonstrate by force of logic, that their critics are unreasonable
But Iwu prefers to call his critics his names - idiots, insane etc
That, in my opinion, is due to absence of superior argument

A fairly-resourced computer department in a Nigerian university can produce a credible voters register
I am not talking about exclusion of Tiger Wood, Mike Tyson
But ensuring that the names of those Nigerians who registered appear on the register
Iwu has not been able to produce one

@Afam
Electoral rigging is a long-chain process
It does not start at the polling station
It starts with voters registration
You cannot vote without a card
So only those "annointed" get to vote
and you can even get CNN to beam live the counting and announcement, the ded had been done
The views of Nigerians abroad do matter really
Olusegun Aganga, Ngozi Ezekwesili and Bayo Ogunlesi are some of them who made and continu eto make contributions
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by oseiwe(m): 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
nobody would do better than mr maurice rite naw. make we just pray for our politicians. anybody coming na learners permit. Iwu don get experience cos nxt yr election no far.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by truly: 2:03am On Apr 10, 2010
oseiwe:

nobody would do better than mr maurice rite naw. make we just pray for our politicians. anybody coming na learners permit. Iwu don get experience cos nxt yr election no far.
Nobody? Nigeria has 150m people.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by metalgong5(m): 6:04am On Apr 10, 2010
truly:

Nobody? Nigeria has 150m people.
How many of the 150 million have the experience to prepare and conduct a general election in not less than 14 months?
As I said earlier, failure to re-appoint Prof Iwu would be the genesis of a more disastrous election cycle.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by truly: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2010
metal-gong:

How many of the 150 million have the experience to prepare and conduct a general election in not less than 14 months?
As I said earlier, failure to re-appoint Prof Iwu would be the genesis of a more disastrous election cycle.
Ok let us settle for 1,000 Nigerians
Is the new person going to start from zero?
There are Nigerians handling far more complicated projects than conducting elections
Just ask the Nigerian working in NASA
The penalty for error are human lives and financial cost greater than our national budget
And some of Iwu's election of 2007 are still being contested
What disaster can be worse than this
You talk as if Iwu's problem is incompetence

No, it is unwillingness
Those yahoo yahoo boys (with sufficient motivation) can give us a credible voters register in 6months flat
I have no doubt
That is not a miracle

I am parying that we are alive next year when the new person would have put Iwu to shame on account of credible outing
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by sley4life(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2010
Iwu should go 2 he*ll
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by jpphilips(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2010
We all have a role to play as regards free and fair elections in this country. Iwu is a person and can only rely on the reports of field INEC officials. We can only stop curruption by personally resolving to do what is right and collectively stoping others from doing what is wrong. I am not Iwu's fan either Cool But if our political behaviour, culture and mindset to public offices(elective) is 'reformed', there is little an 'angel' can do to give us a glib of hope

Are you kidding me? Iwu was not asked to perform any miracle but to do an Honest job hope you can spot the difference

PDP could have been very inconsequential in this issue if Iwu is a patriot,
steal ballot boxes, Same for peps that print voters card in their bedrooms, iwu's police makes some arrest and he calls for a rerun without releasing results, PDP will get tired but the Iwu we have is the one that will deliberately omit the names and party logo of other parties and leave that of PDP emboldened.

what you witnessed is junior compared to what is obtainable in the other parts of the country,
A credible Iwu on getting such report or omission of any sort would cancel the election out rightly but the Iwu we know is one that will collect money from them and release the results then the aggrieved party now goes to court tenders the same scenario as evidence and the court calls for a rerun.
We now have a judicial system doing Iwu's job while he sits fat collects bribe and enjoy's good time with his hussy,

Like the previous poster pointed out,a man with integrity no matter how little would have challenged even one of those rulings in a higher court but our Iwu as usual is guilty as charged, by now the PDP would be battling serioujs with court cases from INEC.
lets do away with that MAD MAN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are We Sure This Man Wants To Hand Over Power? / Iranian missiles arrives Niger , may pose serious threats to Nigeria .. / Why Africa Remains Undeveloped –Yar’adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.