Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,030 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:51 PM

Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec (5126 Views)

Buhari Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC / Yoruba Elders At Summit Says: Only A Bastard Will Vote Jonathan / Photos From Fire Incident From INEC Office Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^ Ummmmm
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
Doyin

Why can't we have a centralised electronic voting register accessible to every INEC official who has the administrative rights to do so?

The wrong register found in Anambra Elections where registers had folks like Danjuma, Bola Ige, Fela Kuti . . . in the most rural areas of Anambra would have been corrected within minutes if the electoral register is electronic, works on a process management software like Oracle.

Has it occured to you that a lower INEC staff may make an honest mistake of sending the wrong electoral booklet to Anambra on election day? Has it occured to you that this error might be as a result of an INEC official who probably did not have lunch someday and filed this booklets wrongly and on election day the booklets were taken to Anambra believing they belong to Anambra only to realise the content includes names like Mattew Okikiola.

All of these would have been corrected within minutes if the register was electronic. Everybody has a laptop these days and its possible to have every INEC official having electronic register used in parallel with the booklets.

Maurice Iwu proposed an electronic register and we rejected it. Yes Nigeria and Nigerians rejected it for all reasons.

That was the point he was making in that speech.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
doyin13:

Lol. . . .

Perhaps I should mention that I recognise many
of his critics, vocal as well as silent are also Igbo.

So it is not a tribal issue at all.

Besides, I have also held up as a model elsewhere
the performance of Professor Nwosu who is Igbo.

And I have no qualms with Olisa Agbakogba taking
the job, and he also happens to be Igbo.

But it has to be said, the biggest sponsor of this new
Pro-Iwu movement is the Imo state governor and the
proposition that seemed improbable not too long ago
has taken a life of its own.

igbo with their wahala sef
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2010
I won't pretend to be an expert on such matters as electronic voting,
but it is to the credit of the electorate and the much maligned politicans
whom IWU has repeatedly berated that the Anambra elections worked to
the extent they did.

Any success was in spite of IWU and not because of him.

I will defer to you and agree perhaps e-voting would make things easier.

But one has to work with what one has and adjust appropriately when managing
an organisation.

Anambra wasn't the first time people had raised alarms over the electoral register.
In Ekiti too, spurious names were shown to be plentiful.

So why oh why did INEC not make the register available to all the parties and the public
long before the polling.

I do get your earlier point though. The reform of INEC does not end with the removal of IWU.
It must be accompanied by the appointment of electoral commissioners etc.

BUT IWU MUST GO.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by wirinet(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2010
If the wrong register is used in something as important as a governorship elect6ions, then something is very wrong with INEC's management structure. It would the height of mediocrity for one mistake by one office - junior or senior to cause such a fatal error. So it means INEC does not have various levels of cross referencing and proof reading. Anyway even if it is their most junior officer that is responsible, the bulk still still stops at Iwu's table. In Nigeria we should learn to take responsibility for our positions - Take credit when we excel and take the heat when we fail.

Iwu did not propose Electronic Register, what he proposed was electronic voting, with electronic voting machines. And people are rightfully skeptical, when voting manually is being heavily rigged, what would happen when everything is done virtually.

Even then we all registered electronically with those electronic machines that was supposed to capture our finger print and photograph, the problem was in the compilation and display of the voter's register, except you are alleging that it was Nigerians that stopped Iwu from displaying the voter's register online, since INEC is supposed to have a working website.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by mamagee3(f): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
Whatever, there are still problems.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
Nope the success was because of concentration of resources which made security too tight for politicians  and security officers themselves and INEC staff to behave badly.

What it simply showed is that if we have a sane political climate INEC can only have one way to work which is to do the right thing and that includes INEC under Iwu.

At the end of the day. Lets allow Jonathan decide who he wants to conduct next years election. If he decides not to return Iwu to the office then fair enough that is his decision. But we must desist from lynching one man for the sins of 150million people.

For any campaign for 'Iwu is the problem' will attract a counter campaign of 'You are living in denial'
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2010
mikeansy:

Nope the success was because of concentration of resources which made security too tight for politicians  and security officers themselves and INEC staff to behave badly.

What it simply showed is that if we have a sane political climate INEC can only have one way to work which is to do the right thing and that includes INEC under Iwu.

At the end of the day. Lets allow Jonathan decide who he wants to conduct next years election. If he decides not to return Iwu to the office then fair enough that is his decision. But we must desist from lynching one man for the sins of 150million people.

For any campaign for 'Iwu is the problem' will attract a counter campaign of 'You are living in denial'

lol. . .so the ''lynching'' is what concerns you most.

Well my friend, this is the way of the world.

The people who took all that credit they were not
qualified for were as responsible for the credit crunch
as much as the heads of the global banks who lost their
jobs were.

Of course, it is the the Dick Fulds and Stan O'Neals of this
world who bear the brunt of the opprobrium from the same
complicit public.

The man needs no supporters. His strong headedness compounds
his incompetence. He should go jo.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2010
not until d fear in us as a people becomes afraid to fear any fellow who fail to follow d rules,i fear we may not cease to dance round in circles
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2010
aguiyi:

not until d fear in us as a people becomes afraid to fear any fellow who fail to follow d rules,i fear we may not cease to dance round in circles

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Jaylon(m): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
aguiyi:

'ol boy, this your own na waa  grin

This your concept of fear becoming afraid grin

grabbing oxford dictionary
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chosen04(f): 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
metal-gong:

Prof Iwu remains the best man for the 2011 elections.

IWU may not be the best man but i support him especially since forgiveness is in the air. If they can forgive DORA, then i can forgive IWU.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2010
chosen04:

IWU may not be the best man but i support him especially since forgiveness is in the air. If they can forgive DORA, then i can forgive IWU.

I am sure that was just to spite the Dora supporters . . . . Your message is loud and clear
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chosen04(f): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am sure that was just to spite the Dora supporters . . . . Your message is loud and clear

Thanks. Your nxt drink is on me
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
chosen04:

Thanks. Your nxt drink is on me

Sure . . . cant wait to get my drink oh
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by jimmysho(m): 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2010
why wont he? when some youths are supporting his stay
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
jimmysho:

why wont he? when some youths are supporting his stay

Who is making decisions, the govt or the youth, since when do what the youth says matters, the youths has been asking for the state of Yaradua's health, has anyone listen to them, so why shd their support for someone matter?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by mrkoma2012: 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
Iwu is the biggest idiot considering the elections he has presided over
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
mrkoma2012:

Iwu is the biggest idiot considering the elections he has presided over

If Nigerians could allow an "idiot" like u claimed to preside over elections, then, what would that make the rest of Nigerians be?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by chidichris(m): 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
assuming he has tried as he claims, now is time for change as they saying goes; THE ONLY CONSTANT THING IN LIFE IS CHANGE.
it is only in nigeria ppl kill, die and commit anything possible to serve the masses.
only here in nigeria do ppl struggle to serve the masses and here u see that even those who serve us do so without our consent.
de iwu, na by force say u go serve nigeria?
is ur professorship about elections? if the country no longer need ur services, why not go and enjoy what u must have gathered or better still go back to ur profession that is if u have any.
ur oga wanted third term, what term do u want on ur own? i wonder why aged men behave like this and i wonder what they intend to teach their children.
the affairs of this country are been piloted on the bases of trial and error and now that u have tried, pls give chance to another embecile to come and try abi we go fry egg for u before u go.
would u rather go the way of abacha for you to quite?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Aderupoko2: 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
There is no hope for this country if the likes of Iwu are given such sensitive positions to manage. The rate at which the Law courts have persistently upturned election results in this country is unprecedented. Iwu has entrenched fraud and thuggery in our electoral Psyche. Iwu has no shame,a respectable person would have resigned by now.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^ Is there anything like shame in Nigerian power and politics?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by ochukoccna: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2010
Iwu spewing out this!
Y?
Ever heard of [size=18pt]GUILTY CONSCIENCE?[/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by yahoo2(m): 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2010
The man should simply resign and let's try another person. Enough of his blabbing and self ballyhoo.

Enough is enough!
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by jaguar09(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
The judgement is issue in this country is worrisome, Iwu being the INEC chairman those not translate he is the Electoral Officer in the 36 states of the federation. what if he gives an instruction on better conductor of elections and the Resident Electoral officer goes against it then who should be crucified. A Governor is indicted on financial crime what then happens to his commissioner whose ministry or parastatal fund was looted. until we leave sentimental judgement in all thing i fear for Nigeria.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by bawomolo(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2010

strange display of logic here.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2010
bawomolo:

strange display of logic here.

Strange in what sense? isn't that the NIGERIAN way some people choose ?
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by marvix(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
Yes Iwu failed us as a nation but then wld replacin him guarantee we won't be disapointed by d nxt person. Those askin 4 Soyinka, do we rily think dat he can giv us free nd fair elections, I don't think so he already has a deep seated hatred 4 d PDP which Iwu does not even have 4 oposition parties in d last elections.

In my opinion d process nd procedure in registerin nd votin in elections nd d manner @ which d results are anounced is more key dan who mans d comision.
If u regista in PH durin registrations can u vote in d elections if u find urself in Ibadan during d polls. If we say yes, what voters register wld be placed @ d pollin booths, if we say no, what happens 2 very mobile people eg University students, Corp membas nd ibo biz men who are in Lag dis wk nd may want 2 vote 4 their state govs durin elections.

Now wat do we use in identfyin people for registration, wld they bring their local govt identification or can any body just register with a name like Mike Tyson or Omoseyitan Omoyorun, what abt d role of thumbprints nd electronic votin, these are more critical dan who chairs d body.

The advantage we have @ dis time is dat our presidents both substantive nd actin are not do or die politicians like d immediate past president, so the chairman @ dis time has an advantage.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by ladi02(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
Mr. Iwu, Only stupid Profs would not want to return to the classroom, pls pack your load and leave!
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2010
marvix:

Yes Iwu failed us as a nation but then wld replacin him guarantee we won't be disapointed by d nxt person. Those askin 4 Soyinka, do we rily think dat he can giv us free nd fair elections, I don't think so he already has a deep seated hatred 4 d PDP which Iwu does not even have 4 oposition parties in d last elections.

In my opinion d process nd procedure in registerin nd votin in elections nd d manner @ which d results are anounced is more key dan who mans d comision.
If u regista in PH durin registrations can u vote in d elections if u find urself in Ibadan during d polls. If we say yes, what voters register wld be placed @ d pollin booths, if we say no, what happens 2 very mobile people eg University students, Corp membas nd ibo biz men who are in Lag dis wk nd may want 2 vote 4 their state govs durin elections.

Now wat do we use in identfyin people for registration, wld they bring their local govt identification or can any body just register with a name like Mike Tyson or Omoseyitan Omoyorun, what abt d role of thumbprints nd electronic votin, these are more critical dan who chairs d body.

The advantage we have @ dis time is dat our presidents both substantive nd actin are not do or die politicians like d immediate past president, so the chairman @ dis time has an advantage.

Here you go @Bawomolo
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by doyin13(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2010
marvix:

Jesus christ. . . .

I am bloody exasperated.

Is that not why he is in charge.

Bloody hell, that is why he was appointed.

To confront all these problems and provide solutions
to them and not expect everyone to act like saints
and behave themselves.

Iwu when announcing the results in favour of Yaradua
practically denied there had been any problems during
the elections. It was left for the beneficiary of the elections
to admit things had gone horribly wrong.

The man is a blockhead. . . .People will be less inclined to cheat
if they are aware the referee might blow the whistle on them.
Re: Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec by OYBMEND: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2010
Wole Soyinka was once the Road Safety Chairman.

Can someone please list his legacies and relate them to the level of safety on our roads today?

Soyinka is a fine man but it wont take one fine man to correct the system

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. / We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. / Is This Another Method Of 419 Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.