Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,907 members, 7,876,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. (5123 Views)

Military Training At International Conference Centre Abuja, Not Bomb Blast / Explosion Rocks Shinkafi, Gen Onoja’s Homes: Not Bomb Blast-Ringim / Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by slap1(m): 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
Source: NTA 9pm News.   Some ex-militants today dissociated themselves from the Abuja bomb blast, imploring the government to punish any body or group of persons found guilty of the act. Some of the present ex-militants who spoke out at the state house include Asari Dokubo, Government Ekpemuopolo( Tompolo), Victor Ebikabowei, Farroh, etc. Tompolo declared "I am the owner of MEND". I hope the air has been cleared.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by paddylo1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
Whodunit?. . + Independence bomb Blast = IBB. . . . . shocked. . cool
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
keyword : EX

slap1:

Source: NTA 9pm News.   Some [size=14pt]ex-[/size]militants today dissociated themselves from the Abuja bomb blast, imploring the government to punish any body or group of persons found guilty of the act. Some of the present [size=14pt]ex-[/size]militants who spoke out at the state house include Asari Dokubo, Government Ekpemuopolo( Tompolo), Victor Ebikabowei, Farroh, etc. Tompolo declared "I am the owner of MEND". I hope the air has been cleared.

Implying they are NO LONGER MILITANTS and so cannot be actively claim to speak for MEND at this time since the group is supposedly STILL ACTIVE as MILITANTS.  grin
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by aduboy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan 's faction of MEND, Who is fooling who. Let Jonathan resign. He has failed.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by bombay: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2010
Those that did the bombing will be treated as terrorist.
Their will be no hidding place for them.
The cat is out of the bag.
IBB and co are scared stiff.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by sbeezy8: 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
IBB didnt do it alone he probably paid MEND members so MEND did do it.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Mobinga: 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
aduboy:

Goodluck Jonathan 's faction of MEND, Who is fooling who. Let Jonathan resign. He has failed.
+1
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by bombay: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2010
Who is mend can you name one person that is a member mend.
Tompolo says mend does not exist.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Ibime(m): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
GEJ seems to be arguing with himself. The guy is highly paranoid. Nobody for one minute ever thought that those who accepted amnesty were behind the bombing so why is he parambulating his faction of MEND before the nation?
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by bombay: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
ibime man i think say you wise but now man am beging to think otherwise.
Do know any member of mend.
The people like tomoplo that did the fighting have come out to say they did not do this act.
Now let me ask you if there is a fraction of mend that did not take amnesty don't you think right now that the people that did take it they are going to tell the government what is actually happenning in the creek and those that planned this act will be fished out.
Now you people will know the lion has balls.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Ibime(m): 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Bombay,

Tompolo never did any fighting or attack on Govt without being prompted and paid by Okah/Gbomo.

Tompolo is a mere footsoldier incapable of stringing 2 sentences together.

Again, no Nigerian ever suspected that Tompolo and others under amnesty carried out the blast, so what's with the unnecessary show in Abuja?
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by paddylo1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^
So are u saying okah did it or what. .i have been trying to engage u intellectually on this but u keep dodging

my man did okah do it yes or no?
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by bombay: 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ibime man why talking like this who owns camp 5.
How much does okah have to finance tompolo and co.
Ask yourself this men you are hearing of today they fought the ijaw and itshekiri war in warri.
Tompolo single handly waged that war when he saw that the ijaws where losing.
So don't say what you do not know.
That man is battle tested.
English no dey shot gun.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Ibime(m): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^Ive been saying all along, Okahs team did it. Of course Okah would deny any knowledge, but at the very least he must have heard of the plan cos those guys are loyal to him.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Ibime(m): 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Bombay,

Camp 5 is simply a business unit of MEND. Its like the owner of one McDonalds franchise claiming to own the McDonalds brand.

Tompolo knows nothing of what happened in Bonga or Abonnema. He can only speak of the operations he carried out in Delta and at Atlas Cove.

The invisible hand directing all these operations is Gbomo. Gbomo drew the manifesto of resource control which Tompolo knows little about. Gbomo wrote letter to Yaradua in Tompolos name detailing several issues from Federalism to Dredging of River Niger. Google it. I'm on my phone.

Yara knew that Gbomo/Okah have no fighters of their own and rely on several commanders so he decided to pull the floor from under MEND by buying out the commanders with amnesty. This left MEND with leadership intact but no workers. Since then Okah has been trying to build his own camps to prevent such happening again. The only commander in Abuja today who was present at the inception of MEND was Victor Ben (Boyloaf). He was MENDS first general. Others like Ateke have never worked for MEND. In 2007 when Omehia sent soldiers to fish out Ateke, MEND sent boys to defend Ateke with hopes of recruiting Ateke to fight for them. Ateke never kept his part of the bargain and never did any work for MEND, he just bears MEND name in newspapers. All these ones claiming MEND today, only Boyloaf, Tompolo and Dagogo are close to the initial set-up, but they have never been a national coordinatorn they are simply regional commanders.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by paddylo1(m): 11:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ibime:

^^Ive been saying all along, Okahs team did it. Of course Okah would deny any knowledge, but at the very least he must have heard of the plan cos those guys are loyal to him.

[b]ok lets retrace logically. . okahs ppl didi it and okah knows about it. .

Now why dont u let him face the music in SA. . . why are u holding brief for him?. . .

He has killed innocent Nigerians and he should pay the ultimate price. . .

Secondly coming back to Nigeria. . .The President said MEND wasnt involved but terrorists

MEND claim they are fighting for the Niger Delta. . Is MEND more Niger Delta than the president?

or is the President less Niger Delta than OBJ and Yar adua?

In other words why didnt MEND bomb ABUJA when OBJ and Yaradua were in power btw 2005 - 2009

If they are known to be mostly saboteurs of Oil infrastructure,when did they magically add Terrorism to their forte

because make no mistake about it the bomb was timed to kill

u first detonate a lil one to attract a crowd then u detonate a bigger one to kill all gathered

Now is that how MEND normally fights its emancipation of Niger Delta battles?

So u see the President has a reason to be suspicious and i suggest we all chill till the SSS concludes their investigations
and name the real brains behind it

One more thing u keep saying OKAH is brilliant bla bla bla

OKAH is nothing but a common murderer who will sell his brother for money

Since when did u start praising gun dealers,death merchants and mercenaries?[/b]
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by X2X(m): 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
paddy_lo:

[b]ok lets retrace logically. . okahs ppl didi it and okah knows about it. .

Now why dont u let him face the music in SA. . . why are u holding brief for him?. . .

He has killed innocent Nigerians and he should pay the ultimate price. . .

Secondly coming back to Nigeria. . .The President said MEND wasnt involved but terrorists

MEND claim they are fighting for the Niger Delta. . Is MEND more Niger Delta than the president?

or is the President less Niger Delta than OBJ and Yar adua?

In other words why didnt MEND bomb ABUJA when OBJ and Yaradua were in power btw 2005 - 2009

If they are known to be mostly saboteurs of Oil infrastructure,when did they magically add Terrorism to their forte

because make no mistake about it the bomb was timed to kill

u first detonate a lil one to attract a crowd then u detonate a bigger one to kill all gathered

Now is that how MEND normally fights its emancipation of Niger Delta battles?

So u see the President has a reason to be suspicious and i suggest we all chill till the SSS concludes their investigations
and name the real brains behind it

One more thing u keep saying OKAH is brilliant bla bla bla

OKAH is nothing but a common murderer who will sell his brother for money

Since when did u start praising gun dealers,death merchants and mercenaries?[/b]

I have always loved your posts, but this one is simply brilliant.

Oya Ibime, répondez, s'il vous plaît.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by bombay: 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
You people surprise me how can you celebrate a murderer Okah is a killer.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Ibime(m): 12:07am On Oct 06, 2010
@ Paddylo,

There's a lot more than meets the eye. Those who just woke up on OCT 1 have a lot of catching up to do to understand why we talk of Okah as a mastermind. And trust, I am not in support of the Abuja bombings but not because people died. Only because Niger-Deltans do not support it. Sue me. Even Soyinka say Okah is brilliant so what gives? Hehehehe

My point is that Tompolo does not have the capacity to organise something like MEND, including media management strategic planning and all that. Okah and Gbomo are the brains behind it.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by jaygetta(m): 12:17am On Oct 06, 2010
Do you guys realize that you have just fallen into the throes of a civil war? Do you know that u have just viewed, for the first time, the first group of Rebel leaders (amongst a long line in the offing)that will fight this war when it finally goes full scale?
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by violent(m): 12:28am On Oct 06, 2010
It's not adding up!

Why are EX militants denying responsibility when they don't even belong to the group anymore, the word EX was placed there for a reason innit?. . could it be that they are under pressure to do so just as Okah had alleged?

If it was truly organized by IBB's camp, what would have been the objective?
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Abagworo(m): 12:31am On Oct 06, 2010
They were asked to fish out MEND with government backing but I foresee a serious crisis rocking the Delta.I expect a high profile assassination in just a few weeks.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by paddylo1(m): 12:35am On Oct 06, 2010
If it was truly organized by IBB's camp, what would have been the objective?

when rush limbaugh prays for Obama to fail or when some in the far right republican party practically wish for a successful terror attack to occur under obamas watch. . what would have been their objective if not to discredit the Govt of the day and portray it as a failure?

some ppl and their silly questions/reasoning sef
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 06, 2010
jaygetta:

Do you guys realize that you have just fallen into the throes of a civil war? Do you know that u have just viewed, for the first time, the first group of Rebel leaders (amongst a long line in the offing)that will fight this war when it finally goes full scale?

Nobody will fight a civil war over the Niger Delta Issue. These so called militants are nothing but selfish seekers, masqurading as freedom fighters. Go to the ND and check out the average size of a Niger deltan. Then compare it with the sizes of Asari, Okah, Tompolo and the rest of them. Do these men look like freedom fighters. The ND will have to carry their own cross on the chaos they are brewing.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

when rush limbaugh prays for Obama to fail or when some in the far right republican party practically wish for a successful terror attack to occur under obamas watch. . what would have been their objective if not to discredit the Govt of the day and portray it as a failure?

some ppl and their [b]silly
questions/reasoning sef[/b]

Speaking of silly, you are nothing but a бандит интернета. check it out
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by xterra2(m): 12:50am On Oct 06, 2010

Please "We did not Bomb Abuja -- EX Militants not MEND

This one i am confused on this one dont know what to believe and what not to believe
GEJ brought all the confusion
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by egift(m): 2:28am On Oct 06, 2010
bombay:

You people surprise me how can you celebrate a murderer Okah is a killer.

And those boys Mr. President is parading in Abuja are saints?

xterra2:

Please "We did not Bomb Abuja -- EX Militants not MEND

This one i am confused on this one dont know what to believe and what not to believe
GEJ brought all the confusion

GBAM!
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by egift(m): 2:31am On Oct 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

Whodunit?. . + Independence bomb Blast = IBB. . . . . shocked. . cool

You wish! See how the president is dribbling himself just to confuses us in believing he is right grin
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by smooooooth: 2:45am On Oct 06, 2010
Bleep mend, no mend, this is the handiwork of dirty politicians. i bet the smell is traceable to ibb.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by egift(m): 3:36am On Oct 06, 2010
smooooooth:

bleep mend, no mend, this is the handiwork of dirty politicians. i bet the smell is traceable to ibb.

Simple task that GEJ had to complete - rather all hell is let loose due to his incompetence. All he need to do when the bomb was reported was to act on that intel. Ok if he missed it and the bomb did go off, he need to decry such art, beef-up security, address with update (just around the first statement). When MEND claim responsibility - rebuke them with strong warning, arrest some member of MEND (they will come begging - they will even start hunting for whoever among them that was involve). With such actions - the Police will be doing the best they can.

But alas - what did he do:

- He continued his ceremony
- Saw it an opportunity to get at his opponents
- Called Okah to ask MEND to change their story
- Arrested Dokpesi in great expectation of a Vuvuzella from South Africa
- Did not even wait for Okah to do so, hastily went out to tell everyone MEND was not involved
- Since Dokpesi/IBB/Northerners intimidation cannot be sustained (because Okah refused) had to released Dokpesi
- When question came about Dokpesi's arrest, he floated an SMS "na we do am"
- Since Okah did not comply, ask SA to start the Punishment
- Invite Ex-militants to Abuja for a cup of coffee and a group chat
- Talked them to come and denial MEND claim

Expect Season Two - as events unfold.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by gonzaga: 4:09am On Oct 06, 2010
@ Bombay, Tompolo did not say MEND does not exist, he said JOMO GBOMO the supposed spokes person, does not exist.
Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. by gonzaga: 4:20am On Oct 06, 2010
Ibime, its a pity you did not follow the events that preceded the amnesty, from your post at least. Recall how the late president and the ministers were excited when TOMPOLO finally accepted amnesty on the last day? This was becos, Tompolo was said to be the only one that could guarantee the complete success of the program. That was why he was bold enough to say"I OWN MEND". If all these well known commanders have accepted the amnesty and disarmed, I think you should be more intrested in finding out who is using MEND to score dirty political points rather than saying the president is paranoid. Can any terrorist be more of a terrorist than Bin-laden himself? If your answer is no, then no militant can be more militant than TOMPOLO. You can only understand this if you care to find out the antecedents of all those guys that visited the villa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IG Disbands Special Crime Squads Nationwide! / BREAKING: APC National Convention All Over Nigeria, Live Updates And Monitoring / Leaked Video Of Ize-iyamu Lamenting About Governor Wike’s Presence During Collat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.