Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:03 PM

Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) (55157 Views)

LAUTECH Online Transcripts And Letter Of English Proficiency / 7 Keys To Writing A Story That Scores High In Your English Exams / Test Your English Proficiency Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by dordor4(f): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
The mother
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Reeberry: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
Those saying the daughter needs their brains check.
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2018
placeofallure:

I pity y'all clicking like to support this post. Somebody just told you that the word 'she' is an adverb and you never thought to re-examine it in your heads. Of course 'she' is a pronoun just like He, Her, Him, I, We, Us, It, They, Them etc.

As regards the post: 'The mother beat her daughter because she was drunk '
Like BigBelleControl said earlier, 'because she was drunk' is an adverbial clause of reason showing why the daughter was beaten. But what the subordinate clause, which is an adverbial clause of reason didn't tell us is this:
Whether the woman beat the daughter out of her
own drunkenness. OR
Whether the daughter got beaten because she
was drunk.

Therefore, I rule that the sentence is ambiguous. That's why aspiring writers are advised against vague use of pronouns or any word for that matter for clarity purposes. Thanks.

Nice
Re: Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2018
BIXYBABE:
First of all highlight d DRUNKER & DRUNKEE, den it will be easy to know d BEATER & BEATRESS.
cc:francesco01
so u mentioned my name

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2016/2017 Seplat Undergraduate Scholarship / Jamb 2012/2013 Utme Registration Form Now Out / Yabatech 2011/2012 Post Utme Examination/screening Exercise And Admission Detail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.