Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:50 AM

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs (22026 Views)

14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike / Lagos Grows Talent: Young Lady Shows Off Her Flexible Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Slymonster(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
And one idiot that calls himself a minister said they have provided 3 million invisible jobs.Sad PDP are not putting their house in order,this would have been a sweet ride for them.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
enesexy:
SELFCON ROOM MATE NEEDED

I need a youth corper to share with me a room self-con located at Gwarinpa Abuja at price 300 thousand per annum negotiable so we can split the cost. If you are interested, contact me on this lineĀ 07011477754

300k shocked...... Accommodation are costly in Abj I know but 300k,

Well gud luck in ur search 4 a roommate
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by udemzyudex(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
I thought Ngige said 8million jobs have been created, who is lying now?
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by lonelydora: 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
Nigerians lose jobs? When oil industry is picking up gradually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by kizaronto: 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Can anything good come from a dullard?

Government that was built on the foundation of monumental lies, what do you expect? The irony of the whole thing is they keep telling us that they have created 8 million jobs in two years. IMAGINARY JOBS THAT exist only on paper and social media. They should even be banned from using the social media to deceive themselves.The government is still learning how to push truck in this 21st century.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by sevo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=gurunlocker post=63982565]But I thought they have created 8 million jobs... [/quo
te]

Kip thoughting!!!
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by okoyemekun(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
I totally disagree with some of these figures,i will soon write an article which I have titled FROM THE FARM TO MY POT,i am very sure the unemployment in the north is reducing cos of some ingenious solution being adopted by some of the youths of Northern Nigeria. There is a new set of millionaires being created everyday in Northern Nigeria but NBS is not capturing them. I don't know if anyone has noticed it,but there is an increase of northerns selling raw pepper on the nook and corner of every street in Lagos, what is happening is Northerns have succeeded in creating supply which didn't exist three yrs ago,by supplying pepper to the end users they have succeeded in removing the yoruba retailers and moving the money directly to the hands of the farmer,same for onions,oranges,potatoes,beans,cabbages( all are being sold in wheel barrows on the street of lagos).
My submission is this,as much as I want to agree that the blue collar jobs are evaporating but the wise ones amongst will look,study and adapt what these northerns are doing,ignore all these NBS statics and key into what is going on around your street corner. GOD BLESS NIGERIAN, for those who want to criticize my opinion, go read Pastor E A adeboye prophecy for 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by seguno2: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Gerrard59:
Provide constant power and watch the unemployment rate drop. Businesses cannot be spending more than 50% of their revenue on petrol and high electricity bills, and one expects them to employ in large numbers.

Buhari promised 24/7 electricity as part of the change contract.
He has not delivered on that just as he failed to deliver on other promises.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Alphazulu1: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Companies are taking advantage of Nigeria weak labour laws. If we have laws, there will be enough employment. I say this because companies use and dump people like slaves. But if we have laws that no trainee should serve more than six months, no casual staffing with lesser salary than staff, employ before training people on the job etc, we would see all companies sitting up. Imagine oil multinational like Seplat advertising for a trainee to work five years before you might be staffed. if U have any injuries b4 then, sorry for u because U will be dumped. As a trainee U cant join any union, no vacation, no medical. All U get is allowance. Chevron has kept VTP5 in training since 2013 till date(2018)
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Snow02: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
f*ck this administration and those supporting them blindly.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
A UNIVERSITY WORKER?

ionsman:
My sister lost her job on the first working day of the year...Talk about having your year destabilized before it began...
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by ivandragon: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
hmm...

our present challenges are because most Nigerians refuse to learn from history or twist it to suit selfish interests...

first off, a man says he doesn't know how to create wealth for himself (legally) & you expect him to create opportunities for about 25m people?

how farcical...

secondly, pmb is primitive & feudal in his thinking & approach to governance...

his mindset is that everyone should be in subsistence farming while he & his favoured cronies enjoy the pleasures of advanced amenities & jobs...

if pmb was truly desirous of growing the agric sector, he would know that if just 1% of the total population (+- 1.8m people) are into diverse & technology advanced agriculture, they will feed 1b people...

out of a population of about 350m, USA has just between 2.1m-3m core farmers, that's less than 1% of the population

https://www.agcensus.usda.gov/Publications/2012/Online_Resources/Highlights/Farm_Demographics/

yet they feed themselves & export to the tune of over $100b a year...

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/ag-and-food-statistics-charting-the-essentials/agricultural-trade/

pmb is looking at having 100m farmers who can barely feed themselves, when reality dictates that he should focus on just a small percentage that are committed.

pmb cannot give what he does not wish for others... a good life...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Coldfeets: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Self employment beckons...
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by CHAVINCI: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
daniska3yaro:
Sai Baba
u tink u are funny abi?
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by dumie(f): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
Can't even complain, got double promotion last year.. God is good

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Respect55(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
But Ngige just told us that FG has created additional 8 million jobs. Which way Nigeria
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by thunderbabs: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
Where is Ngige?
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by elinaxy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
Buhari is just an imposter, a terrorist terrorising the affairs if this country under the platform of a clueless party known as APC.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by ernieboy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
chinedu234:
Even with the weakness of our data collection methods the reality is well represented here. The kiddies club of finance and budget ministries deployed by the present administration can not have an answer to the gargantuan economic challenges facing the country. It will be very unfortunate if this club is the best that can be assembled. That means we are on our own.
guy the realty might be underrepresented.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
If he can #SignNigerianPeaceCorpsBill# then he has done well for the unemployed youth

1 Share

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Apina(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
okoyemekun:
I totally disagree with some of these figures,i will soon write an article which I have titled FROM THE FARM TO MY POT,i am very sure the unemployment in the north is reducing cos of some ingenious solution being adopted by some of the youths of Northern Nigeria. There is a new set of millionaires being created everyday in Northern Nigeria but NBS is not capturing them. I don't know if anyone has noticed it,but there is an increase of northerns selling raw pepper on the nook and corner of every street in Lagos, what is happening is Northerns have succeeded in creating supply which didn't exist three yrs ago,by supplying pepper to the end users they have succeeded in removing the yoruba retailers and moving the money directly to the hands of the farmer,same for onions,oranges,potatoes,beans,cabbages( all are being sold in wheel barrows on the street of lagos).
My submission is this,as much as I want to agree that the blue collar jobs are evaporating but the wise ones amongst will look,study and adapt what these northerns are doing,ignore all these NBS statics and key into what is going on around your street corner. GOD BLESS NIGERIAN, for those who want to criticize my opinion, go read Pastor E A adeboye prophecy for 2018
Sorry to say, You are a fool! So I went to school, paid through my nose to survive so that I can go to the streets of Lagos to push pepper and tomato on a wheelbarrow? In fact, you must be mad undecided

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by coputa(m): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
3.5 million Nigerians lost their job during the second quarter of 2017 under Buharis watch.Up APC!!!
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by micflo28(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
madridguy:
PMB should declare war against unemployment.
Declaring war on the economy will address this. Economic indices sway in the negative direction and has dragged a whole lot of sectors down along with it. If there are jobs and prices of food,house and transportation is still high, the suffering will still remain.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by phreakabit(m): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
CHANGE!
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
okoyemekun:
I totally disagree with some of these figures,i will soon write an article which I have titled FROM THE FARM TO MY POT,i am very sure the unemployment in the north is reducing cos of some ingenious solution being adopted by some of the youths of Northern Nigeria. There is a new set of millionaires being created everyday in Northern Nigeria but NBS is not capturing them. I don't know if anyone has noticed it,but there is an increase of northerns selling raw pepper on the nook and corner of every street in Lagos, what is happening is Northerns have succeeded in creating supply which didn't exist three yrs ago,by supplying pepper to the end users they have succeeded in removing the yoruba retailers and heremoving the money directly to the hands of the farmer,same for onions,oranges,potatoes,beans,cabbages( all are being sold in wheel barrows on the street of lagos).

Gerrara here with ur voodoo economics, we are talking about job creation Nd all u could see are pepper selling almajiris. Once again gerrara here!

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Fidelarinze9(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
grin grin
Kunkiddo:
I did not read the post but I don't think that PMB has the right to tell a mad man why a kilometres has no root, but it is natural to see a goat in backyard after no garri was found which was confirmed by Beyonce and the pregnant girl was shocked to see how baseless you are to read this post... which went skraaaaaah...pap pap ka ka ka...
and masked off.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Halifaxguy: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
okoyemekun:

Trash Trash Trash...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by kizaronto: 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
Respect55:
But Ngige just told us that FG has created additional 8 million jobs. Which way Nigeria

That's an irony bros. they have destroyed over 8 million jobs and rendered millions of families hopeless.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by osusuallstars: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
i am a living witness, lost my job of 12 years now, trying hard to cope. May God help his children.i know BUHARI and APC next line of action is to rig 2019 election ,announce the result then deployed soldiers to the street to shoot at sight any form of protest, but God is bigger than them.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by cutechioma1: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
Its high time we the youths ignore this govt and their wahala and become our own boss. For me, I became an independent distributor in a cosmetics company, does not require transportation, epileptic power supply. Just #35k, a smile and a smartphone, I'm smiling home with my cash. Further details WhatsApp me on 08035690945.
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by NaijaBlend: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
SHAME! SHAME!! SHAME!!!

Where are those bunch of liars? Shame on you all!!!!!!!
And I repeat again, SHAAAAAME!!!!
Re: Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs by Respect55(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
kizaronto:

That's an irony bros. they have destroyed over 8 million jobs and rendered millions of families hopeless.
Maybe I understand better now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.