Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,848 members, 7,886,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? (563 Views)

If Most Nigerians Become Atheists,What Do You Think Will Happen? / Atheists, What's Your Opinion On This One? / Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by urahara(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
In your opinion, what are the most convincing arguments for god?

Cc

Johnnydon22
Plaetton
Seun
Jackbizzle
Cloudgodess
Sonofluc1fer
Hahn
Frosbel2
Sarassin
Dalamaan
Hakeem4

And others
Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by Modo9(f): 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
urahara:
In your opinion, what are the most convincing arguments for god?

Cc

Johnnydon22
Plaetton
Seun
Jackbizzle
Cloudgodess
Sonofluc1fer
Hahn
Frosbel2
Sarassin
Dalamaan
Hakeem4

And others
argument for god or against god ?
Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by urahara(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
Like what are the most convincing arguments for god you have ever encountered
Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by plaetton: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
Modo9:
argument for god or against god ?

There isn't, and there has never been a good, sound argument for god.

Recently, I got into a religious argument with a couple of friends about the existence of god.
5 of them against me.

I simply asked them , any one of them, to make a convincing or compelling argument for the existence of god.
Well, you should know how that went.

They all attacked my sanity for not believing in god.
That was their very best argument.
I kept reminding them to make an argument for the existence of god.
They were more concerned about my sanity than to actually thinking and trying to make a good argument for god.
Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by Martinez19(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
There are no arguments for the existence of yahweh and other religious gods. However for any creator god, apart from religious god, the fine tuning argument comes close. Why do I say the fine tuning argument doesn't make a cut for religious gods? that's because an omnipotent and omniscient god can't be restricted by the constraints of the physical constant to make life. According to holy books, God and angels are living being and I don't think mighty heaven, angles and God are living by the fine tuning of some constants. If they did god is no god since he is limited by constant.

Johnydon22 and HopefulLandord, what are your takes on the fine tuning argument?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by hakeem4(m): 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
It depends on the type of god you’re talking about. If you’re talking about the theistic god, then there has never been any convincing arguments apart from “ he works in a mysterious way “ “your wisdom is just foolishness in the sight of god” . But if you talk about the god of deism or god of physics I’ve had some convincing argument like why’s there so much order in the universe
Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by johnydon22(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Martinez19:
There are no arguments for the existence of yahweh and other religious gods. However for any creator god, apart from religious god, the fine tuning argument comes close. Why do I say the fine tuning argument doesn't make a cut for religious gods? that's because an omnipotent and omniscient god can't be restricted by the constraints of the physical constant to make life. According to holy books, God and angels are living being and I don't think mighty heaven, angles and God are living by the fine tuning of some constants. If they did god is no god since he is limited by constant.

Johnydon22 and HopefulLandord, what are your takes on the fine tuning argument?

Fine-tuning argument is consonant with creation from nothing. the implication of fine-tuning argument is that God did not create the universe but rather manipulated an already existing one to be a certain way.

Because to fine-tune suggests that God was following a set of physical laws while tweaking the universe and there are no physical laws if there are no physical properties.

but if there was nothing and God pulled everything right out of no where, they is no such a thing as fine-tuning as a designer in such state of physical lawlessness can literally put humans in the sun.

If that is the case, there was no such a thing as fine-tuning.

If someone subscribes to creation from nothing then it doesnt support the fine-tuning argument.

creation from something, the argument begins to make sense

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, What Are The Best Arguments For God? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 01, 2020
None I haven't seen anyone. The followers of different echelons of religion just regard supreme beings as mysterious beings without any thorough investigation.

(1) (Reply)

Question To Daddy Freeze About Female Dressing / Who Was Jesus Christ? / Benny Hinn Holy Spirit Engineered Confession A Sign Of The Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.