Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,658 members, 7,889,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? (10402 Views)

Reflect On These Quran Verses Anytime You Want To Commit A Sin / How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Empiree: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
Don't worry buddy, you have answered yourself. But in case you don't know, let me point it out.
tintingz:
can there be sense or conciousness without the brain?
can there be tintingz without his Creator(God)?

Why are you being dishonest to yourself?
same question back to you

And your analogy is kind of flawed, since our sense relies/depend on our brain, you mean Allah is dependent in this universe, he is limited to this world that anything we destroy, destroys part of Allah?
you don't need to switch with around. Your body organs can not function without these senses. Hence, you can not function without God. If someone is paralyzed it means his senses are gone and the body can not function. In another word, if there is no creator, you can not function. Simple isn't?
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by tintingz(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
Empiree:
Don't worry buddy, you have answered yourself. But in case you don't know, let me point it out. can there be tintingz without his Creator(God)?
I'm agnostic about the beginning of the universe.

The question that need to be answered before this your question is, what is this creator, who is this creator and where does this creator came from?

If I must have a creator, shouldn't this creator also have a higher creator?

same question back to you
I work with logic.

you don't need to switch with around. Your body organs can not function without these senses. Hence, you can not function without God. If someone is paralyzed it means his senses are gone and the body can not function. In another word, if there is no creator, you can not function. Simple isn't?
If someone is paralyzed, like the spinal cord is damaged, there won't be a signal to the brain for him to feel anything, it doesn't mean all the senses are damaged, the person can still use his sense of reasoning like the frontal lobe also the sense of smelling, hearing, seeing, but if the brain is damaged with it that's the worse case.

So to answer your question, there's no sufficient evidence to prove the existence of a creator and if there's a creator, it's unknown to us.

I'm fuctioning without a creator because if there is a potent creator, he won't allow evil and natural disasters in this world, if there is a creator, you won't be defending for him or be his spoke person.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Empiree: 12:03am On Jan 12, 2018
tintingz:
I'm agnostic about the beginning of the universe.

The question that need to be answered before this your question is, what is this creator, who is this creator and where does this creator came from?

If I must have a creator, shouldn't this creator also have a higher creator?

Your daddy is your creator while his Creator is the Highest Creator, God. The uncreated Creator.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by tintingz(m): 6:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Empiree:
Your daddy is your creator while his Creator is the Highest Creator, God. The uncreated Creator.
Lol, is that your response to that?

Sorry, The universe daddy is the higher-creator of your creator or what makes you thing your creator created the universe daddy?

And the uncreated creator, Lol is that a pleading?
The uncreated creator created himself or what? He came from nothing?

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Fundamentalist: 6:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Empiree and rasductluv should learn to ignore people who are not willing to learn rather you should be addressing the op's concern.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by amnesty7: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2018
martinlooter:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a manager of a big Hotel that just opened new in a high brow area. So, I decided to place copies of the bible and Koran for my guests to enhance their comfort and easy access to their religious affairs whenever they want to.
however, some days back, I had some Muslim guests take up lodgings in my hotel, hence some two days after they checked out, I got a surprise invasion of about 50 Muslim youths chanting some Hausa words that I didn't understand, when I was called out, I sought to find out the reason for their chants, they said I was desecrating the Holy Quaran and their religion by placing the Korans in my hotel rooms where all kinds of abominable things happen. that they would not tolerate that, either I retrieve the korans and hand it over to them or they will set fire to my hotel.
I called my director, who called in the police, after a protracted deliberations, I was told to retrieve the Korans but i didn't hand them over to the youths. at which point the policemen dispersed the protesting youths, after convincing them that I have removed the korans from all the rooms, leaving only the bibles.
I am now wondering, what is so different between the Koran and the Bible that it is not desecrated, instead it tends to prick peoples conscience when they want to commit any evil acts and see the bible, they have a change of heart.
why did they have to threaten to commit arson just because of a harmless and profitable decision that I took.
I need to understand this, guys, I want to read from you, did I do anything wrong by my actions?
should I also remove the bibles as I have done to the Koran?
clerics and religious experts, let me know your opinion on this.
thanks

please send to frontpage, let other people send in their opinions
Your location is Lagos and here you are saying Hausa youths chanting and wanted to commit arson. It simply doesn't add up.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by nurex01(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2018
tintingz:
Allah is everywhere
Quran can't be everywhere
Muslim logic. grin
Allah is above his throne. (الرَّحْمَٰنُ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ اسْتَوَىٰ) [Surat Ta-Ha 5]
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Ebiyo85(f): 9:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

This would have happened in the north. And the youth acted based on the love they had for the Qu'ran and Islam. However, we can't totally blame them as hotels in Nigeria are usually known for major sins particularly Zina (adultery and Fornication), alcohol, free mixing,etc which Islam forbids.
Since the Hotel is a general hotel and not specifically for Muslims, the best way of doing this is to provide the Qur'an on request. They can be given that option on the counter.
And Allah knows best.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by dreamworld: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2018
They must b Hausa, they take Islam as their tradition and not just a religion

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by ImaIma1(f): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2018
The hotel is not only a place for abominable acts...that is a narrow minded thinking. People away from their residential area lodge there for business trips, seminars, programmes,etc.

And what if it is for the abominable act? The so called sinner could come across the holy book, read it and turn a new leaf. It means Islam is not for everyone.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

A Muslimophobe spoted. They never see anything right with Muslims! How does this answer the OP?

Anyways, keep it up! Your enmity to Islam and Muslims will only bring you shame!
Insecure Muslim spotted. Always crying before chopping cane.
Urahara was right. There are lots of bigots in Islam that reacts negatively at the slightest thing. Why protest for the removal of Quran from the hotel. The funny thing is a reader may v a change of heart through reading the part that forbade immoral acts in case he/she was in that hotel for immorality.

More so, hotel isn't meant for immorality alone. Meetings, events, relaxations, vacations are done there.
You, the illiterate Rashduct4luv can't see this points cos religion don craze your head.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2018
Empiree:
See, you can't the your sense nor can you pinpoint where it is. That's the point. This case is closed.

Why would you deliberately go into the public bathroom just to read any book for that matter?. No one beheads you for reading in the bathroom. Stop exaggerating. Next person to use the bathroom alone could beat you up for holding them up to begin with.
the case is still opened.
See, my private toilet is more conducive. I can read the Quran there or recite it since Allah's word is not limited.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Akiintom: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Correction:

Allah is everywhere by His Knowledge and not physically! I guess this is beyond logic so you need evidence to believe in it.

How can Qur'an be everywhere? Toilets, bath,....filthy places.

Check out how logical you're first. So, those Muslims that live in filthy environment(like slums), shouldn't own Quran bah ?

If Allah is everywhere by his knowledge, then Allah is dead. Since it can't intervene in all the horrific and ridiculous things done, based on knowledge of Allah.

4 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Shafiiimran99: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2018
There is nothin wrong in that provided it is an islamic hotel (ie from sex workers, muric, drink etc). As pa those youth, their reaction was not ok instead they suppose to advice you but the truth is that NORTH are extremist don't understand islam
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2018
Akiintom:

Check out how logical you're first. So, those Muslims that live in filthy environment(like slums), shouldn't own Quran bah ?

If Allah is everywhere by his knowledge, then Allah is dead. Since it can't intervene in all the horrific and ridiculous things done, based on knowledge of Allah.

Are they living in toilets? or on the dumpsites? I don't think so. Any Muslim can own a Qur'an wherever s/he lives. We are bound to treat it with utmost care!
This your logic is false. Allah knew all that happened and He has written everything in the Books of decree thousands of years before events takes place. What can a human brain like ours comprehend? How many percent of your brain can you use in your lifetime? Abeg! Leave things you can't understand!
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
Dindondin:
Insecure Muslim spotted. Always crying before chopping cane.
Urahara was right. There are lots of bigots in Islam that reacts negatively at the slightest thing. Why protest for the removal of Quran from the hotel. The funny thing is a reader may v a change of heart through reading the part that forbade immoral acts in case he/she was in that hotel for immorality.

More so, hotel isn't me by for immorality alone. Meetings, events, relaxations, vacations are done there.
You, the illiterate Rashduct4luv can't see this points cos religion don craze your head.
One thing i know for certain is that you are an Islamophobe. You are just here to criticise. You can change people with abuse and bad attitude. is this how you are trained and brought up? What kind of religion do you practice that made you like this? Calling me an illiterate! Well, i don't need to abuse you.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

One thing i know for certain is that you are an Islamophobe. You are just here to criticise. You can change people with abuse and bad attitude. is this how you are trained and brought up? What kind of religion do you practice that made you like this? Calling me an illiterate! Well, i don't need to abuse you.
Muslims like you are the Islamophobes. With your hate doctrines, conflicting Islamic theorems & illogical messages. You said I called you illiterate, well. That's the definition of yourself.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
Dindondin:
Muslims like you are the Islamophobes. With your hate doctrines, conflicting Islamic theorems & illogical messages. You said I called you illiterate, well. That's the definition of yourself.
How am i an Islamophobe?
Where is the hate doctrine?
Where are the conflicting Islamic theorems and illogical messages?
How am i to be called an illiterate?
If you can't answer then you are simply a liar and i won't answer you anymore.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

How am i an Islamophobe?
Where is the hate doctrine?
Where are the conflicting Islamic theorems and illogical messages?
How am i to be called an illiterate?
If you can't answer then you are simply a liar and i won't answer you anymore.

These threads below are hate inciting threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/4247414/how-should-muslim-respond-disbelievers#63710648

https://www.nairaland.com/4247414/how-should-muslim-respond-disbelievers#63710648
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2018
Dindondin:

These threads below are hate inciting threads:

Sorry for the disappointment bro. The Kuffars and Munafiqs of Mecca accused the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa salam) in more worse ways. So keep it up.
Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen!
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Akiintom: 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Are they living in toilets? or on the dumpsites? I don't think so. Any Muslim can own a Qur'an wherever s/he lives. We are bound to treat it with utmost care!
This your logic is false. Allah knew all that happened and He has written everything in the Books of decree thousands of years before events takes place. What can a human brain like ours comprehend? How many percent of your brain can you use in your lifetime? Abeg! Leave things you can't understand!
... Kikikikikikiki...... Did your Allah wrote about ICT in your Quran? Since it wrote EVERYTHING..... Lol
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:14am On Jan 13, 2018
Akiintom:

... Kikikikikikiki...... Did your Allah wrote about ICT in your Quran? Since it wrote EVERYTHING..... Lol
In order to criticise and bring Islam down see how you brought yourself down laughing like a toddler even without anything funny!
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Sorry for the disappointment bro. The Kuffars and Munafiqs of Mecca accused the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa salam) in more worse ways. So keep it up.
Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen!
I confronted you with facts & you are speechless! claiming Muhammad was accused of some things. Wetin concern my generation with Muhammad's own? Wetin concerns me with the Kuffars & Monafiqs of Mecca? If your prophet posted those rubbish threads, you think his sanity won't be questioned?

What's the meaning of this (Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen)?
Even if it's prayer, you should type with English.

Back to the discussion, it's insecurity that's worrying Muslims that screams Islamophobes! I v Muslims as relation's, friend's, work place etc. I v never seen or heard anyone of them rejecting greetings, food or good gestures from non Muslims.
They respect peoples belief & religion. No child abduction or forced marriage like Ese Oruru's case, no baseless controversies like that Firdaus Hijab issue with NBA. They know Allah has reasons for creating the world with diverse people. Hence they don't force laws or opinion on people but belief in praying for the person for a change of heart. That's how normal humans do. I know if someone like me is in a compulsory Islamic country, I can't live there. Cos there is no free will. In fact am not safe.

Some Muslims are just insecure. You guys want everyone to be a Muslim but it can't happen cos some Muslims sucks! Eg: Extremists in Ilorin & the North of Nigeria.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:37am On Jan 13, 2018
Dindondin:

I confronted you with facts & you are speechless! claiming Muhammad was accused of some things. Wetin concern my generation with Muhammad's own? Wetin concerns me with the Kuffars & Monafiqs of Mecca? If your prophet posted those rubbish threads, you think his sanity won't be questioned?

What's the meaning of this (Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen)?
Even if it's prayer, you should type with English.

Back to the discussion, it's insecurity that's worrying Muslims that screams Islamophobes! I v Muslims as relation's, friend's, work place etc. I v never seen or heard anyone of them rejecting greetings, food or good gestures from non Muslims.
They respect peoples belief & religion. No child abduction or forced marriage like Ese Oruru's case, no baseless controversies like that Firdaus Hijab issue with NBA. They know Allah has reasons for creating the world with diverse people. Hence they don't force laws or opinion on people but belief in praying for the person for a change of heart. That's how normal humans do. I know if someone like me is in a compulsory Islamic country, I can't live there. Cos there is no free will. In fact am not safe.

Some Muslims are just insecure. You guys want everyone to be a Muslim but it can't happen cos some Muslims sucks! Eg: Extremists in Ilorin & the North of Nigeria.
I am speechless! How? Can you see me? You are really incredible! I am a Muslim striving more and more to be closer to what i believe in. Nothing concern you with anyone so why can't you just mind your biz? Why can't you just relate with your relatives Muslims and your other mentioned family and friends and leave us out. Must we bend before we relate? If what i believe in contradicts what you believe in, can't we just respect each other and still relate?
Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen means "To you is your religion and to me is mine" Mind yours make i mind mine.
If you have never seen some Muslims rejecting food or greetings that does not mean the rules doesn't exist in Islam. They may be ignorant of those rules or they may decide not to follow it (yet).
Who is insecure? You are simply hilarious! I am from southwest and spent decades between Lagos & Ogun states and with over several Millions of Muslims there has there been a religious crises? When Muslims demand for their rights then it is extremism! If the Nigerian Law says freedom of religion so what is your problem? If Muslims' books says Hijab is part of a lady's dressing, who are you to force your dressing on us? I really don't know who is insecure among us!
Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen means "To you is your religion and to me is mine" Mind yours make i mind mine.
Let us put on our Hijab and you too put on your church/atheist/Babalawo wears!
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Akiintom: 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

In order to criticise and bring Islam down see how you brought yourself down laughing like a toddler even without anything funny!
Nothing is more ridiculous like knowing, that a pedophile called Mohammad, actually claim a scarecrow called Allah, spoke to him.
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

I am speechless! How? Can you see me? You are really incredible! I am a Muslim striving more and more to be closer to what i believe in. Nothing concern you with anyone so why can't you just mind your biz? Why can't you just relate with your relatives Muslims and your other mentioned family and friends and leave us out. Must we bend before we relate? If what i believe in contradicts what you believe in, can't we just respect each other and still relate?
If you have never seen some Muslims rejecting food or greetings that does not mean the rules doesn't exist in Islam. They may be ignorant of those rules or they may decide not to follow it (yet).
Who is insecure? You are simply hilarious! I am from southwest and spent decades between Lagos & Ogun states and with over several Millions of Muslims there has there been a religious crises? When Muslims demand for their rights then it is extremism! If the Nigerian Law says freedom of religion so what is your problem? If Muslims' books says Hijab is part of a lady's dressing, who are you to force your dressing on us? I really don't know who is insecure among us!
Let us put on our Hijab and you too put on your church/atheist/Babalawo wears!
Naive entity. Preach to non Muslims who are helpless with sharia law.
Bloody loser
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2018
Dindondin:
Naive entity. Preach to non Muslims who are helpless with sharia law.
Bloody loser
Lakum deenukum waliyad-deen
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Akiintom:

Nothing is more ridiculous like knowing, that a pedophile called Mohammad, actually claim a scarecrow called Allah, spoke to him.

And which religion offers something better if not Islam?
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by tintingz(m): 9:26am On Jan 15, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

And which religion offers something better if not Islam?
What does Islam offer that other religions don't offer?
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Dindondin(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
. . Lakum deenukum Lakum deenukum
Lakum deenukumL waliyad-deen
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2018
tintingz:
What does Islam offer that other religions don't offer?
I don't think you need to respond when i am talking about religions! You are religion-less!
Re: Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? by tintingz(m): 11:43am On Jan 15, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

I don't think you need to respond when i am talking about religions! You are religion-less!
Give me good reason why i shouldn't talk about a thought that is express publicly (public matter)?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”. / What Can You Do In One Minute? / No Protest In Islam.. .from Soheehul Bukharee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.