Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! (1653 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by tubabie(f): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2010
@Poster
It's too early to access his Government's progress.
Using Yaradua's government as the yardstick for comparison is so wrong. . . . . . . anyway it's till early times yet.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by marvix(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2010
I don't agree wit d post eventhough I'm in love with his style so far, I wld rather join d sch of thot dat its to early 2 rate him, and most of his achievements can nd shld be atributed 2 Yaradua.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by marvix(m): 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2010
Quote frm post
hes actually in a few months done more then yar adua did in years, which isn't saying much, but i applaud he great governance. I can't think of anyone other president that was straight forward and as mature minded

I take exception 2 dat statement, pls can ikengawo tell us wat Jonathan has done dat makes him 2 hav achieved more dan Yaradua. That Jonathan can go str 2 work is because of d foundation left 2 him by Yaradua unlike wat Yaradua had frm Obj, wen Obj was leavin he left d nation in chaos nd wen Yaradua came in he was confronted wit crisis all ova nd till today its d crisis Obj left we are still tryin 2 tackle. Yaradua has always been known 2 adhere 2 d rule of law dat was y Jonathan was able 2 wait patiently while the nation stabilized due 2 d crisis generated by Yaraduas illness. The elections bein beta is atributable 2 d disposition of Yaradua 2 elections rather dan Jonathans actions as Ag president nd if u want 2 compare Jonathans tenure to Yaraduas tenure, u hav missed d mark because its actually Yaraduas tenure nd Jonathan is only executin Yaraduas plans nd blueprints, most of wat Jonathan is doin is wat Yaradua had planned 2 do.

On d ministerial apointment, does anyone think dat Diezani is a beta choice 2 Ogiewonyi in petroleum nd even if she was 2 b given petroleum y not b assisted by Ogiewonyi, by d way wat is Ogiewonyi doin in works nd wat is Daggash level of technocracy to be in Ministry of works, Daggash frm his antecedents is a lazy person dats y he left d senate, came 2 d exec nd was causin prob 4 d president nd d senate president by not doin his homework properly, left 2 me Lawal is a beta hand @ dat ministry dan Daggash can be, its only a mata of time b4 Jonathan drops him, he has already started comin late 4 meetings, and is Diezani not frm Jonathans state y didn't he giv Ajumogobia petroleum since he had bin there can't we put dat as ethnic bias how technical or technocratic is Adetokunbo 2 mak him Defence minister nd y bring Yaradua frm d bankin sector nd make him miniata of state Defence. This is not sayin dat all d apointments made were wrong but dat tribal sentiments can b found wit Jonathan as well as square pegs in round holes syndrome.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Alxmyr(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2010
Ikengawo:

He has also for the first time put TECHNOCRATS in charge of wha they SPECIALIZE in, instead of cronies and family members to head departments they didn't study when they dropped out of primary school.

i think nigeria is in a phase of generally getting its act together. Technocrats and serious minded people have been taking over all over the country and are proving the once deemed invincible establishment as a joke. From fashola to Amachi, to LAgerback, to the new ministers, to David Mark in the senate, to Dora to the Supreme Court, nigerias states, fed and institutions seem to be getting more mature and serious.

i have even personally witness Sanusi's cutting of corruption in the CBN.

Are you serious or you are being naive?

He made a nurse a minister of state for health, where are the doctors?
He made a lawyer minister of defence, and even a naive spoilt brat Yar'Adua minister of state; where are the defense experts?
He made a lawyer minister of foreign affairs, where are the career diplomats?
He made a pharmicist minister of information.
Re-appointed a clueless man in charge of youth affairs,
Made someone who has never started a business successfully minister of industry,

With due regards, the only appointment he got right is finance and time will tell,
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by DAVE5(m): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2010
@poster make we dey look nah.thats how they all start,when he go change na u go 1st cry.he has not spent 6 months n u r praisin him.hmn
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by princekevo(m): 5:42am On Apr 11, 2010
Na wa for we Nigerians.
Barely two months in the office, he suddenly the best president.
@poster how old are you, you post sometimes makes me believe you are not up to 18years with the way you reason and jump into conclusions.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 11, 2010
what was johnathan's record as governor of bayelsa state? that is a far more potent means of predicting his performance
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2010
LOL you people act like we have a list of presidents sooooo accomplished that its hard to pick.
We've been ruled by theives and children and now finally have a president that isn't a thief or child
a real live professional. Yar Adua was only slow but at least he wasn't malicious in his incompetency, or in other words, doing it on purpose. he was slow cause he's half dead and an obj puppet that couldn't move independantly.
yar adua is still a step more mature then OBJ (though OBJ achieved more) and Johanthan moreso then Yar adua.
after that there's Shagari and Azikiwe to contend with

honestly if not Azikiwe i'd say Jonathan. everyone else has either been more harm then good, all harm no good, or half dead lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-governor Meets With Tinubu, Acn Governors Today / Segun Adeniyi, The Late Confession Of Hidden Truth About Late President Ya’adua / BREAKING NEWS: Explosions Rock Different Parts Of Mubi, Adamawa State, Sporadic Gunshots Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.