Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! (1650 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2010
He's like a federal version of Fashola.
in a short time he seem to have made the nigerian fed a serious governing body, cut nepotism and inefficient ppl from government, enforced discipline and is now tackling the issues with a very serious result oriented drive.
hes actually in a few months done more then yar adua did in years, which isn't saying much, but i applaud he great governance. I can't think of anyone other president that was straight forward and as mature minded
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
Too soon to call
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by desgiezd(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
Isnt this assessment coming too soon?
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
well that's my point exactly. in this short span he has created a very serious and professional government
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Sunofgod(m): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
Ikengawo,

Are you finally coming to your senses?
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
Can you please outline the achievement of ACTING PRESIDENT goodluck jonathan so far?
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Sunofgod(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2010
What were Yara'dua's achievements?
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
its not so much achievement but its disposition.
Like George Washington in the US. He didn't achieve much as president, but his attitude toward governance (keeping the presidency small and unkinglike as in defiance to how ppl wanted him to be) set the satage for a healthy american government to come.

Johanthan's unique seriousness and no nonsense discipline is new to the nigerian government and will do more then the building of any single work can for nigeria cause if he achieves a full professionalization of the nigerian government by continuing to do what he's doing, it will set the stage for a healthy nigerian government to come

Jonathan locks out new ministers
By Daniel Idonor
Friday, April 9, 2010
Shuts out Daggash, Ogiemwonyi, Essien for lateness

Daggash, Ogiemwonyi and Essien

ABUJA—DESPITE the orientation on acceptable practices in the conduct of cabinet members, staged at Wednesday’s meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, EXCOF, three of the ministers came late to their first public function in the State House yesterday.

The three ministers were, therefore, locked out of the council chambers.

The ministers were those of Works, Senator Sanusi Daggash with his Minister of State, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi, and Minister of Land, Housing and Development, Hon. Nduese Essien.

The gate leading to the chamber which is always open during functions, was locked to prevent other ministers who might also come late for the meeting, from coming in.

The ministers who ought to have been on their seats by 12.00 noon were seeing walking into the villa at about 12.45 p.m.

The Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan presided over the meeting where he received the report on Millennium Development Goals, MDGs.

Jonathan who told the ministers after their inauguration to hit the ground running, warned them that there is no room for failure. He had said: “No minister will be allowed to go on a mission of endless search for solutions. You must hit the ground running!

“Time is of fundamental essence and no distraction in our mission will be tolerated. This is a patriotic call to service and the self must, therefore, take a back seat. This rare privilege must not be abused!”

One of the ministers seen displaying his invitation to one of his sympathizers indicated that the time on his invitation was 1.00 pm.

Nigeria: Power - Jonathan Rolls Out Emergency Measures
http://allafrica.com/stories/201004090005.html
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
He has also for the first time put TECHNOCRATS in charge of wha they SPECIALIZE in, instead of cronies and family members to head departments they didn't study when they dropped out of primary school.

i think nigeria is in a phase of generally getting its act together. Technocrats and serious minded people have been taking over all over the country and are proving the once deemed invincible establishment as a joke. From fashola to Amachi, to LAgerback, to the new ministers, to David Mark in the senate, to Dora to the Supreme Court, nigerias states, fed and institutions seem to be getting more mature and serious.

i have even personally witness Sanusi's cutting of corruption in the CBN.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
even the elections in anambra and edo show there's a new tide in nigeria, jonathan is a part of it
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by sammyzacks(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2010
so far he has proven to be a correct man and he promises to be a great leader. wish he stay another 4 yrs.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by naijamini(m): 2:38am On Apr 10, 2010
And it WAS a bright and sunny day, TOMORROW undecided

Ikengawo:

He's like a federal version of Fashola.
in a short time he seem to have made the nigerian fed a serious governing body, cut nepotism and inefficient ppl from government, enforced discipline and is now tackling the issues with a very serious result oriented drive.
hes actually in a few months done more then yar adua did in years, which isn't saying much, but i applaud he great governance. I can't think of anyone other president that was straight forward and as mature minded
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 10, 2010
aisha2:

Too soon to call

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-67742.0.html

someone has learnt the hard way
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by smile4kenn(m): 3:51am On Apr 10, 2010
it is obvious that there will be a bright future with Jonathan
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by DisGuy: 4:14am On Apr 10, 2010
desgiezd:

Isnt this assessment coming too soon?

No it's not he is a southerner!!! cheesy

Ikengawo:

even the elections in anambra and edo show there's a new tide in nigeria, jonathan is a part of it

Exactly, he was so he delivered for his party in this election without a lawsuit!
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by DisGuy: 4:16am On Apr 10, 2010
All that cabal drama is gone now

And he will be in the USA with Obama re-branding our image and getting some Business investor
with his oil-bunkering hats
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by 9ja4eva: 4:30am On Apr 10, 2010
I am forced to agree with the poster.

Lets see how it goes in the coming months though.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2010
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-67742.0.html

someone has learnt the hard way
No my dear am not being pessimistic, like in the topic you posted i gave examples of work already being done, so far Jonathan has just been giving orders, when it translates to real work like improved power, projects being carried out, Improvement in Education, I see improvement in hospital services. I work in the grassroots so i will know when there is change, I willl be the first to come here and open a thread. I donot intend to give up on my country, whenever i see a glimer of hope i will celebrate it. I just think the title was a bit exagerated "Best Presisdent ever"? I dont know
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by DrKnow1(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2010
Promising rather than best
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by honeric01(m): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2010
we are watching, sooner or latter, we shall see the main work.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2010
Dr Know:

Promising rather than best
Thank you
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Godalone(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2010
It is too early to say Uncle Joe is the best President we have had so far
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Sunofgod(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2010
[size=14pt]What about Zik?[/size]
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Dede1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2010
@Poster

Delusion is an incurable sickness that afflicts persons of idle minds
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Sonofpeace(m): 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2010
I dont think so cos its too early to start judging his works.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Ikengawo: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2010
Other then Zik who is better then if it's too 'soon' to call.
you have to remember most of our presidents didn't do anything and aren't hard to out achieve in 2 months, like yar adua
then the ones that did good like OBJ stole so much and insulted our democracy so much that all their good achievements are overshadowed by their barbaric mentality

I dont know what zik did AS PRESIDENT, i know what he did prior to the seat, and i know he was the sole uniter of post colonial nigeria, so he's the only real contending leader we have but idk his specific policies and what not, and i still feel governance went downhill under his watch because not soon after things got ugly
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by safeact(m): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2010
I see! From what u guys are saying, i can perfectly summerise and conclude from ur points that d most credible and reliable presidents are d two presidents from d South/East and South/South geopolitical zones! Then if that is d case, i think we zone d presidency to IBOS for atleast 8yrs if we are to meet up with other developed countries! After all, d other zones have failed us. Im not Ibo, so make una no kill me, i just brought out d points from u guys arguments.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by cap28: 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2010
is that so ikengawo? - so when is he going to put his wife on trial for stealing $13.5m dollars and N104m from the Bayelsa state treasury or is that asking for too much?
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by cap28: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2010
is that so ikengawo?  - so when is he going to put his wife on trial for stealing $13.5m dollars and N104m from the Bayelsa state treasury or is that asking for too much?
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by hbabe(f): 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2010
He can't be judged the best yet as is is too soon to tell but he seems very promising as someone pointed out earlier. If his wife was indicted she should be investigated as every normal citizens. The 'sacred cow syndrome' has to be eliminated to allow for national development.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by KnowAll(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2010
from the little I have seen of him, I second the motion although it is early days.
Re: Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! by Jarus(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2010
To say Jonathan is the best President we've had so far is most laughable. At best, we can say he is not yet rateable.
What excatly has he done?
-Cabinet: Not in anyway different from his predecessors. One or two technocrats, others career politicians taht have been tested in the past, with no achievement to show for it. The cabinet composition glaringly shows a political strategy rather than desire to change the country for good. Obj's cabinet was far better. At least it was shared almost equally between technocrats and professional politicians.
-Locking out ministers: And so therefore! Ever heard of Buhari/Idiagbon? They were stricter and far more disciplined. State commissioners swept their offices.
-Visiting Obama: Who initiated it? Obviously, this is not GJ's initiative, and anybody in power, provided the govt is legitimate, would have gotten teh invitation period.

I don't have any problem with Jonathan presidency, but it is just too early to assess him. Babangida, Murtala Mohammed started on even brighter note.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Gagut Originated Obama's Presidency-a Sociological Inquest / Kwara State 2011 : Olusola Saraki Endorses Daughter's Gubernatorial Ambition / Boyloaf Is alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.