Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,350 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:51 PM

Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank (6635 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2010
@nuclearboy, first of all i wud like to advise you to speak for yourself alone!!! There is no point defending people that criticize others thereby claiming to know their motives for criticism. Remember i refered to criticisms (amongst christians) being in order, but rather shud be done constructively not destructively - which of these two categories u find yourself is left for your conscience to judge you!

I have read your post in a similar thread on dis same story and i understand were you are coming from;

As you clearly pointed out, Pastor Chris is "very man" with his shortcomings, and any attempt by anyone to worship him is not only condemnable but also anti-God!!! If indeed Pastor Chris and the CEC leadership did not return d money dat was stolen by one of their members from sheraton and given to d church, then it is very very wrong and my take on dis is that CEC is reaping what she sowed regarding this N60million theft by their own members (their own loss is like a 40 fold increase on what was stolen and offered them)!!!

From your last post, you took on certain issues which makes one wonder were u got ur conclusions from; You said it is reprehensible to see "members" quoting from rhapsody rather than their bible; do u have prove to d fact that all d members of cec read only d rhapsody instead of their bible? U shud have been on d safe side by using d word "some members" instead of using a more general word "members"!!!

By d way, is rhapsody of realities taking its messages from d koran or d bible? what is wrong with rhapsody of realities? If you read an interpretation of scripture in d ror that is unacceptable to you, does it therefore invalidate the truths contained in d whole book? The same bible said an eye for an eye, and yet the same bible said turn the other cheek, does the former invalidate d whole bible? I also read daily manna and open heavens, and i read those books just as i read rhapsody; is there anything wrong with reading these books?

When you make an allegation regarding a group of people be careful not to fall into "falacy of false generalization" and be careful not to be absolutist about your criticisms because we have an eternal Judge!!! Being absolutist and convinced about the conclusions of your criticisms is very dangerous, because it implies that you have passed judgement on your fellow man; and d bible warned us thus:
        Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement on it. There is only one Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you - who are you to judge your neighbour?  ------  James 4:11-12

jessefly:

'May pastor chris find it in his heart to forgive us' dats wat all were saying
why is it so, wat kind of god is pastor chris to these folks believe me once u get into dat church u get hypnotized n start looking unto pastor chris, why is it so
i belong to redeemed n i do not see adeboye like dat,
also remember wen dey fabricated a story dat some1 wanted to assasinate pastor chris days after a similar plot was unveiled on anoda man of God
i feel for all cec folks i feel for them sha God will deliver them 
@jessefly, if you study your scriptures you would understand that Pastor Chris is no God, but as Christians, we have been given the power to forgive each other's trespasses - And forgive us our trespasses [i]as we forgive those who trespass against us,,,,,,,,[/i] Sounds familiar?? Apostle Paul in 2nd Corinthians 2:9-11 said:
                The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven - if there is anything to forgive - I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

These sisters stole money belonging to cec and it's Pastor Chris' prerogative as the leader of these particular church to forgive them as they have asked,,,,,, Pastor Chris refusing to forgive them is to his own peril and it is absolutely right that they (the sisters) asked for forgiveness from him in the open, so that if Pastor Chris doesnt, we wud know that he has failed to practise what he preaches!!!
You say you worship with d rccg; so if your sister wrongs Pastor Adeboye and refuses to ask for forgiveness, you wont encourage her to go ask for forgiveness from Pastor Adeboye because u believe her asking wud imply Pastor Adeboye is God? Let's be objective in our comments ensuring that it is devoid of bias!!!!
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ogajim(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2010
Where is Pastor Joagbaje when you need him? Maybe he is here in Washington with JG, I should start a thread to place a GPS location on him undecided wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

jessefly:

'May pastor chris find it in his heart to forgive us' dats wat all were saying
why is it so, wat kind of god is pastor chris to these folks believe me once u get into dat church u get hypnotized n start looking unto pastor chris, why is it so
i belong to redeemed n i do not see adeboye like dat,
also remember wen dey fabricated a story dat some1 wanted to assasinate pastor chris days after a similar plot was unveiled on anoda man of God
i feel for all cec folks i feel for them sha God will deliver them 

Dude, there are plenty of folks in Redeem that are close to these Loveworld INC. folks though a little less fanatic but they do believe "daddy" can do no wrong even after the jet thing and the pastors who became "area OLEs"

We need to PRAY for them and not condemn them to "Pastor Chris"
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2010
Matthew 7:15[b] Beware of false prophets[/b], which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by MCLOVIN: 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2010
*Speechless*
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Gunnaz:

I have been a member of this forun for awhile now and think I can see a consistency in the posts of people like KunleOshob, InesQor, Davidylan, Jesoul etc. I can even vouch for DeepSight (that his life ambition is to see the carpenter of Nazareth ridiculed). That is what observation does for you, my bro! The people I say I trust may not be known to me physically but look at David's post just above this and judge with that quote from God rather than with my words! By their fruits (what comes out of them) I know them just as I know what we are speaking about is W R O N G! No perfumed speech or oratory prowess can change wrong to right! If you say I am wrong, please provide your take on these people based on what you've seen them preach here. Consistence!

If God is your target, you will sacrifice anything for Him. If pastor chris is yours, you will sacrifice even God for him and if cash is your target, the whole world can lose their salvation: it would be an acceptable sacrifice to you. What I'm trying to say is, correction of the "many members" (as you prefer I say) would have been so easy - but where is it? You want to tell me Chris is not aware of the "problems" in his congregation? What is he doing about them? But you would have us pat his back because he preaches the Bible? So what? Is it not that same Bible that informs some will be rejected even though they did great things in His Name? Why does everyone believe it cannot be someone he knows? Was God lying or will He create another species for that dubious "honor" on the last day? But you say I cannot be absolutist even if the Bible point-blank tells me what is wrong and that is what I support - basically, I could term that as you saying the Bible too is wrong!

I say again: I have naught against the man but I have a lot against a style that is leading so many to perdition - what happened to the biblical injunction that says "all is lawful but not all is expedient"? Why can't they just stop this rubbish and consider human lives rather than cash! Because that is the target and all is is expendable!

Please stop this defence - you come across as more mature and intelligent than to fight such an obviously lost cause.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by fyneguy: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^^^ so you attend Redeemed? Bros go and remove the log of wood in the eyes of your members first, if you must criticize any church.

I worked in a bank some years ago, where most of the managers were pastors in RCCG. I was privy to many financial crimes perpetrated by these managers. Some of the frauds were done in connivance with managers of a community bank associated with RCCG.

In the branch where I worked, the Branch manager and the head of operations, who were both pastors in RCCG, never saw eye to eye. It got so bad that the branch manager publicly threatened to deal with the HOPS diabolically. It was later we found out that it was some money a 419 kingpin (a customer of the bank) gave them to share that caused the fight. They had been helping the fraudster to transfer funds of his victims.

Now, the question is: Does this make RCCG a devillish church? Capital NO.
That you dont get to read such stories in the papers does not mean such dont exist.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^ Clap for yourself, Sir.

Your best (only) defence of evil is that other people are doing it also shocked. I guess that institutionalizes it and makes it fine, ehn?

@Gunnaz:

See why I said fruits will show the tree? We're saying lets come together and get people to do the right things and here is an acolyte in effect saying "everyone is doing it so whats the big deal about it!" When I now say this is wrong, you come back telling me who made me a judge? Is this not a tacit approval - we all do it so its ok! angry Chei, see the followership of Jesus embarassed
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 12:34am On Apr 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Gunnaz:

I have been a member of this forun for awhile now and think I can see a consistency in the posts of people like KunleOshob, InesQor, Davidylan, Jesoul etc. I can even vouch for DeepSight (that his life ambition is to see the carpenter of Nazareth ridiculed). That is what observation does for you, my bro! The people I say I trust may not be known to me physically but look at David's post just above this and judge with that quote from God rather than with my words! By their fruits (what comes out of them) I know them just as I know what we are speaking about is W R O N G! No perfumed speech or oratory prowess can change wrong to right! If you say I am wrong, please provide your take on these people based on what you've seen them preach here. Consistence!

If God is your target, you will sacrifice anything for Him. If pastor chris is yours, you will sacrifice even God for him and if cash is your target, the whole world can lose their salvation: it would be an acceptable sacrifice to you. What I'm trying to say is, correction of the "many members" (as you prefer I say) would have been so easy - but where is it? You want to tell me Chris is not aware of the "problems" in his congregation? What is he doing about them? But you would have us pat his back because he preaches the Bible? So what? Is it not that same Bible that informs some will be rejected even though they did great things in His Name? Why does everyone believe it cannot be someone he knows? Was God lying or will He create another species for that dubious "honor" on the last day? But you say I cannot be absolutist even if the Bible point-blank tells me what is wrong and that is what I support - basically, I could term that as you saying the Bible too is wrong!

I say again: I have naught against the man but I have a lot against a style that is leading so many to perdition - what happened to the biblical injunction that says "all is lawful but not all is expedient"? Why can't they just stop this rubbish and consider human lives rather than cash! Because that is the target and all is is expendable!

Please stop this defence - you come across as more mature and intelligent than to fight such an obviously lost cause.

@nuclearboy, the bible informed us some wud be rejected even when they did mighty works in the name of Jesus, but the bible did not place us christians on earth as final arbiters to determine which fellow christian is going to hell and who wasnt (if it is concerning those who are not part of the body of Christ, dont ask me lipsrsealed), because we who are living the new life in Christ Jesus are under grace (when grace is abused that is a different thing, but still we have an Advocate with the Father and if we ask for forgiveness of our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us) and also it is God that pre-destinates not man and!! This is why I said dont be absolutist about your conclusions regarding these ones whom u have been criticising

----- A tree that bears bad fruits can be pruned to bear good fruits in the course of time; when occults, satanists, atheists, muslims, bhuddist, give their lives to Christ, were they not trees once dead and severed from God?

How wud u feel afta all your criticisms and conclusions about that same man Pastor Chris (whom you were 100% convinced of as one seeking afta filthy lucre, fleecing the flock, stage managing miracles), on the day of the Lord, Pastor Chris and you stand hand in hand before the Great Throne putting on white robes, singing halleluyah to the Most High God?

Let me point out to you clearly that ur continuos bashing and criticism of cec unfortunately wud not change things therein (mind you this is not arrogance, it is just a simple truth), rather you ought to devote more time praying for the body of Christ, pray for people who are spreading the Gospel worldwide, pray, pray and pray, because it is d Spirit that quickeneth!!!

A quick question: Can you enlighten me on how one could offer sacrifices to God without doing same thru a fellow man (the poor, widows, apostles, pastors, etc); and without it being miscontrued as a sacrifice to and for man?

Thank you wink

Concerning fyneguy's comment, you ought to be aware that people react to the same issues in different ways wink
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2010
Gunnaz:

6 Billion of us or thereabouts are on earth today. I doubt if 5% of these have ever gone before God individually (not as part of january new year blessing outreach etc) in prayer AND TOTAL FASTING for 7 days asking that things become better for others i.e. praying for friends, family, widows, government etc. That I believe is one thing you can do and please God. Isaiah tells us about the fast that pleases God which suggests such prayers do please God in my defence.

Holiness is a sacrifice TO GOD not to man - true piety, humility etc are also ways you could please God. After these and other things that show love DIRECT to God, we come to those things that show love to our fellow man - these you have mentioned. However, I sincerely believe that without those things that go to God, those meant for men become as it were, a means to an end - a bribe, a way of getting back. Because they have promises attached to them e.g. give and it shall be given to you or another effectively says, "when you give to the poor, you give to me and have a reward".

You do not know where I am coming from - Occultists etc were enemies of God. They turned to Him and we came over on His side. Please remember the guy who would sell deliverance in the Bible. Thats what I talk about - commercialization of the Gospel (from within). These flock belong to God and are entrusted to you. If you destroy them, you cannot talk of being pruned but being cut down and burnt, roots and all.

I am not bashing CE. I just want people to start asking questions and BTW, what do you know about my prayer life that makes you believe I'm not praying for a change of heart. But if I only pray and keep quiet awaiting Jesus to come preach to the acolytes, I'm a fool. As James said "Faith without works is dead". Just as I will not only pray and wish good for someone in trouble but rather dig in my pocket in their behalf, so will I not just pray and believe an angel will land on CE pulpit and sermonize. I'll talk and if just one person sees the truth, God be praised.

Funnily, forgive me but I cannot but wonder how great the hype in the press where an angel to show up on that particular pulpit. Even where He to strike your Chris dead, acolytes and the church PR team (PR in Church shocked) will point to his "transfiguration" and in the noise and excitement, everyone will conveniently leave out that he was being rebuked/corrected/punished. grin See why its us who have to talk? The level of brain-washing is that bad.

But you my friend, seem to have a head on your shoulders smiley
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by fyneguy: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

Your best (only) defence of evil is that other people are doing it also shocked. I guess that institutionalizes it and makes it fine, ehn?

@Gunnaz:

See why I said fruits will show the tree? We're saying lets come together and get people to do the right things and here is an acolyte in effect saying "everyone is doing it so whats the big deal about it!" When I now say this is wrong, you come back telling me who made me a judge? Is this not a tacit approval - we all do it so its ok! angry Chei, see the followership of Jesus embarassed

If you could not get the import of my comment, then I guess you may have to pretend you did not see it.

The first line of my post said it all- GO AND REMOVE THE LOGS OF WOOD IN THE EYES OF YOUR CHURCH MEMBERS FIRST, IF YOU MUST CRITICIZE OTHERS.

Judas Iscariot had been stealing even as a disciple of Jesus Christ before he betrayed Him. Using your logic, we should conclude that Jesus message must have encouraged Judas to perpetrate stealing.

Dont misconstrue my statements. Whoever has done bad, should be corrected in LOVE. As Christians, we ought not to be excited when such reports are given about erring christians. We should continue to pray for the body of Christ.

In your case, because you are a member of RCCG, you feel because those involved are members of another church, you are at liberty to blame their misdeeds on the church they attend.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by fyneguy: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2010
Nuclearboy,

Perhaps to clear the air, show me any of your posts, where you criticized the misbehaviour of members of your church.

That way, one will be sure you aint an hypocrite.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2010
^^^ I do not attend RCCG.

Like many other level headed people on this forum, institutionalised (especially excitement based) Christianity does not appeal to me. I prefer fellowship with a few people where everyone can comment, ask questions, know themselves and be a "family" of believers. Knowing the problem the next guy has helps me to pray for him or conversely, to offer him help. It is an enriching experience especially as my knowing him stops him from pretending all is well or that the 2 million he just appeared with came from thin air.

Maybe you ought sit back and consider 6 - 16 men who know each others jobs or work, financial status, family life etc meeting together informally (never planned, rarely all together but we ARE in touch). You might be shocked the realisations that will come to your mind. BTW, my group has pushed EVERY SINGLE ONE up till each is like the top in his work or field. That is what Christianity does, not make you steal to impress.

One really funny thing 3 of us were talking of yesterday - we are the enemy to people we try to help out of the delusion of WOF. BUT IT IS US THEY ALWAYS come to when they need help. Being a confrontationist of sorts, I asked one of them just this Sunday after he came to me from service needing money for a business why he didn't go to his WOF preacher or co-congregation for the help. Hear him - "Egbon, everyone is just managing O. One guy couldn't even pay his dustbin fee and his landlord was stressing him. How do I go to such for help?" On asked what the fee was, 250 a month and he owed 3 months. Yet they "KABASHHED THE DEVIL OUT OF FINANCES" all through that sunday service.

I laugh in 6 languages. Arrant nonsense - fooling yourself rather than sitting down, considering the problem and working out a serious detailed way to solve it rather than living a life of loaning money to buy a car and TM Lewin shirts whist owing 750 for 3 months.  angry angry
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2010
Just as I clicked "reply", I saw your new post. You're a wonder!

1st, I'm not RCCG. 2nd, your confidence that this is not hypocrisy will come only from me criticizing others?

So for you, its basically about Christ Embassy and your Father, Chris, right? Before making that post, did you consider the title of this thread is "Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank". What are we discussing here?

Ol'boy, chris is a man like you and you might have more anointing than he does. Stop worshipping man
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ogajim(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^ I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin

Follow Jesus Christ only and not man no matter what name he goes by. House fellowship is a good thing to start if you have the numbers but in the absence of enough folks to do that, be VERY VIGILANT when you worship in these churches, not just in Nigeria but everywhere.
Be like the Berean Christians and check everything you hear for your self against the Scriptures, a word is enough for the wise. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2010
@nuclearboy, u wann kill me with laffff --- PR teamm,,,,, hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Let's keep praying for us all while being vigilant at the same time!!!!

1 lovekiss kiss kiss
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by jessefly: 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

embarassed

THANKS A LOT WHICH CHURCH WILL U NOT SEE BAD EGGS DAT IS NOT THE ISSUE OR PERHAPS U DONT KNOW WAT IS GOIN ON IN THE PAPACY NOW, MY ISSUE IS THIS I HAVE NOT GIVEN ADEBOYE ANY GODLIKE STATUS, I DO NOT HAVE TO USE HIS BOOKS AS A BIBLE, I DO NOT BEHOLD INDECENT DRESSING WHEN I GO TO CHURCH, I AM NOT TAXED WAT I CANT PAY TO PLEASE MY CHURCH OR WATEVA, I AM NOT WATCHING PRE-RECORDED TEACHINGS OF ADEBOYE EVERY SUNDAY, AND ALSO MY GO IS AS HUMBLE AS IT COMES
SO ITS NOT ABOUT FINDING WRONG DEEDS IN CHURCH ITS ABOUT THE SHEPHERD CALLING HIS SHEEP TO ORDER CARING FOR THEM WITHOUT ACTUALLY MAKING THEM PAY FOR IT [quote][/quote]
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by KunleOshob(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
jessefly:

THANKS A LOT WHICH CHURCH WILL U NOT SEE BAD EGGS DAT IS NOT THE ISSUE OR PERHAPS U DONT KNOW WAT IS GOIN ON IN THE PAPACY NOW, MY ISSUE IS THIS I HAVE NOT GIVEN ADEBOYE ANY GODLIKE STATUS, I DO NOT HAVE TO USE HIS BOOKS AS A BIBLE, I DO NOT BEHOLD INDECENT DRESSING WHEN I GO TO CHURCH, I AM NOT TAXED WAT I CANT PAY TO PLEASE MY CHURCH OR WATEVA, I AM NOT WATCHING PRE-RECORDED TEACHINGS OF ADEBOYE EVERY SUNDAY, [b]AND ALSO MY GO IS AS HUMBLE AS IT COMES[/b]SO ITS NOT ABOUT FINDING WRONG DEEDS IN CHURCH ITS ABOUT THE SHEPHERD CALLING HIS SHEEP TO ORDER CARING FOR THEM WITHOUT ACTUALLY MAKING THEM PAY FOR IT

Humble in deed, a Private jet flying humble man is actually an oxymoron. That aside your G.O has also been known to preach several false teachings the rubbish written in the march 17 edition of open heavens comes to mind titled "100 fold increase" he as also preached that those who don't tithe are going to hell. RCCG pastors are evaluted by how much money they remit to the head quaters, why is everything about RCCG money money money yet thay claim their G.O is humble becos his dressing is simple.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ogajim(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
jessefly:

THANKS A LOT WHICH CHURCH WILL U NOT SEE BAD EGGS DAT IS NOT THE ISSUE OR PERHAPS U DONT KNOW WAT IS GOIN ON IN THE PAPACY NOW, MY ISSUE IS THIS I HAVE NOT GIVEN ADEBOYE ANY GODLIKE STATUS, I DO NOT HAVE TO USE HIS BOOKS AS A BIBLE, I DO NOT BEHOLD INDECENT DRESSING WHEN I GO TO CHURCH, I AM NOT TAXED WAT I CANT PAY TO PLEASE MY CHURCH OR WATEVA, I AM NOT WATCHING PRE-RECORDED TEACHINGS OF ADEBOYE EVERY SUNDAY, AND ALSO MY GO IS AS HUMBLE AS IT COMES
SO ITS NOT ABOUT FINDING WRONG DEEDS IN CHURCH ITS ABOUT THE SHEPHERD CALLING HIS SHEEP TO ORDER CARING FOR THEM WITHOUT ACTUALLY MAKING THEM PAY FOR IT

Dude, you were shouting so much that you couldn't even hear your self! What do you mean be the highlighted? A lot of the so called "MOGs" everywhere are birds of the same feather and ought to flock together if they aren't already. Follow Jesus Christ only and pay no mind to these business folks, Someone even mentioned in my presence that "all the Nigerian 'MOGs' meet regularly and one can only wonder what is discussed there should that be the case.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ukotmi: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
Still reading. Will be back wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Jessefly:

Slow down, and read again - first, it was a CE member who said your pastors were stealing bank money and using diabolical means over their "earnings". It was in response to that I rhetorically asked if whether another person was stealing made it ok to steal.Seems you read faster than you process. Take it easy!

Finally, are you supposed to be "taxed" in Church? Given you've let us know this, we expect you also have a Pontius Pilate in your midst? When should we expect the 2nd cruxificion? tongue
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Linusman(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
Reading all these arguments is fun, i must confess. Never a dull moment here. However, I opine that pastor chris be left alone. He has a power of oratory, a strong and uncommon motivator he is, his words seem to have a life of its own and moves his audience to action. Yes but who are we to condemn him for using his gift to propagate God's words. Though these messages might be misunderstood by some members of his congregation but the truth remains that he didn't tell anybody to steal in order to become rich. Though I have some sincere observations; I tend to recognize a CE member immedietly he begins to talks about matters relating to the Bible, like preaching, because his voice would sound like pastors chris' own, sincerely speaking. And again when I see a pastor with his hair jerry-coiled, I often guess he is a CE pastor and I tell you, so far, I've never guessed wrong.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by jaffi: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2010
Pastor Chris preaches sound gospel!
the bible says in a great house there are vessel unto honor and vessel unto dishonor.
we all gree up from different home and sometimes if not most times,we violate even our moral trainings from home despites our parent strict instructions and training.
why??
it's the fault of the parent or the child that failed to take heed to the instructions and guideline of the loving parent?
, crooks get trapped in their sinful lust proverbs 11:6
In the book of james,the bible says -temptation comes from the lure of their(our)own evil desires.These evil desires leads to action,and action leads to death.so don't be misled,my brothers and my sisters james 1:14-16 living version.

Their action has nonthing to do with the mesaage of CHRIS EMBASSY.
READ OUR ROR and you will get familiar with the message.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ogajim(m): 12:40am On Apr 15, 2010
jaffi:

Pastor Chris preaches sound gospel!
the bible says in a great house there are vessel unto honor and vessel unto dishonor.
we all gree up from different home and sometimes if not most times,we violate even our moral trainings from home despites our parent strict instructions and training.
why??
it's the fault of the parent or the child that failed to take heed to the instructions and guideline of the loving parent?
, crooks get trapped in their sinful lust proverbs 11:6
In the book of james,the bible says -temptation comes from the lure of their(our)own evil desires.These evil desires leads to action,and action leads to death.so don't be misled,my brothers and my sisters james 1:14-16 living version.

There you have it folks, the real name of the Church! WOW
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Zikkyy(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2010
jaffi:

ogajim:

There you have it folks, the real name of the Church! WOW

grin grin grin
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by KunleOshob(m): 10:29am On Apr 15, 2010
Nice observation Ogajim, it obviously not a coincidence that pastor chris adherents keep substituting his name for christ and vice versa, it shows the level of brain washing they see him has CHRIST, he must definitely be one of the false christs Jesus wa talking about in matthew 24:

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ogajim(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2010
These guys are like terrorists, they seem to have cells everywhere, this one might disappear and reinvent him/herself as another NL subscriber. They must be feeling the heat as they're sending more and more "agents" to NL to debunk what real Christians think of their cult. Not surprising at all, we have to follow the steps laid out in Ephesians 6:10-18.

Shalom.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by ikhideman(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2010
For those who claim born-again spirit filled christians & are reacting to the post by bashing Pastor Chris, do you know what you are doing?

First & foremost, I'm not a member of CEC, but I listen to Pastor Chris every now & then, he's what I'd call a good teacher of the Word. The fact that some members take things out of proportion doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the message he delivers & who he is.

Its quite unfortunate & I make bold to say it: there's nothing new under the heavens - various vices occurred in the early churches (e.g.Corinthian church) & Apostle Paul scolded them for such (See 1 Cor.11:17-22, 1 Cor. 5 & 6, 2 Thess.3:10-15 etc)

Those who have knowledge of God's Word shouldn't be surprised at these events, because they have been spoken of in the Word & d devil would use any means possible to try to discredit God, His Word & His Body (the Church). (2 Timothy 3).
If those who participated in the fraud confess to God, He's faithful & just to forgive them & remembers their sins no more; they would then be restored to right standing with God (1Jn1:9, Isaiah 43:25). What they need to do is to look unto God as their SOURCE & put their flesh (& its desires) in subjection to their renewed spirits.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Joagbaje(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2010
critics are simply people that does nothing but always sit arround talking about who is doing something. Get something to do boys. I said earlier why don't you blame Jesus for judas stealings? How could good Jesus produce a thief? How could Paul produce thieves and fornicators in corinthian church?
Critics don't really think straight because they don't build or contribute anything but only tries to tear down what good works others are building.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2010
Joagbaje:

critics are simply people that does nothing but always sit arround talking about who is doing something. Get something to do boys. I said earlier why don't you blame Jesus for judas stealings? How could good Jesus produce a thief? How could Paul produce thieves and fornicators in corinthian church?
Critics don't really think straight because they don't build or contribute anything but only tries to tear down what good works others are building.

Jesus was aware of the stealing and rebuked Judas openly. Where is Chris' rebuke? why is he refusing to give back stolen funds?

why do thieves thrive under his "ministry"?
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Joagbaje(m): 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2010
davidylan:

Jesus was aware of the stealing and rebuked Judas openly. Where is Chris' rebuke? why is he refusing to give back stolen funds?

why do thieves thrive under his "ministry"?

Show me the scripture where Jesus rebuked Judas for his stealing,
If pastor Chris had done anything wrong , the law would have taken its toll on him. was the money given to Chris Oyakhilome? Ask NTA station to produce the money given for airtime. We have a judicial system in the country, you shouldnt use your myopic mind to make judgement.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2010
^^^ Illegality ! Immorality ! Amorality !

All "ity" words seem to be useful when discussing the subject matter grin But thats by the point.

Amorality is worse than immorality seeing as one concerns fleshy desires and the other says "I refuse to know the difference between what is right and what is wrong" which encompasses immorality. The Apostle Paul seems to have come across a dicey situation and he made a comment that "ALL is lawful BUT NOT ALL is expedient". In light of that comment, what say we about a moral/spiritual leader when his disciples/followers/acolytes see this sort of example? What should they do - insist on legality? or do the right thing? And we know legality usually is presenting the case better than the other side!

There is what is right and all the legality in the world cannot make wrong right! And we needs must ask ourselves - how would Jesus, Peter (ananias and sapphira dey Bible O) and Paul (not expedient) have behaved in such a situation?

Then we know what type of tree this is!
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by aletheia(m): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2010
^^^A tree with the axe already laid to its root. Soon, very soon, it will happen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahweh's Real - My Vision Of Hell / Why Are Blacks Christians? / Choosing A Husband/Wife: God's Will Or Your Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.