Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,613 members, 7,888,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible (1350 Views)

New Dead Sea Scrolls In Israel Reveals Fragments Of Biblical Prophets (Pics) / 800-year-old Prophecy And Hidden Torah Codes: Gog And Magog Before Pandemic End / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Jan 11, 2018
1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Proves All Jesus Doubters Wrong
January 11 2017

After years of being overlooked, archaeologists finally uncovered the ancient tablet found at the site of the biblical city of Tel Dor.

Because the large stone tablet has immense historical significance it was immediately taken to the University of Haifa to be translated and preserved.

Found off the coast of Israel, archaeologists just found evidence that brings massive insight into one of the bloodiest periods of ancient Jewish history. Besides stating the ruler's name, this stone tablet reveals other secrets of Biblical time.

For the first time in history, archaeological evidence has pointed to the person in charge during the bloody time in history that led up to the Jewish revolt.

Because this find is so big and validates the Holy Bible, researchers are ferociously working to decipher it. Some of the inscriptions on the stone slab have been translated…

Most notably the name of the Roman governor who ruled Judea was Gargilius Antiquus. This stone tablet is only the second Roman inscription ever found that uses the name "Judea" to label the region.

The slab was found about 18-miles off the coast near the Israeli city of Haifa. It is believed be date back to the 2nd century AD.

Without a doubt, the bloody period of Jewish history lead up to the violent Bar Kokhba revolt, when the Jewish people in the province rebelled against the Romans. And it was a violent and bloody battle indeed…

Historians believe the events going on during this time period led to the deaths of more than half a million Jews. Roman Emperor Hadriana wiped the name of Judea from the official records – hence why it is so rare to find Roman inscriptions using the name.

The last century has found other important evidence during this time period. Over the last seven decades, archaeological excavations have found the biblical city of Dor, which was south of present-day Haifa. They found chunks of pottery and the huge chunk of stone, which was carefully dragged over to the University of Haifa.

This stone is believed to have formed part of an even larger sculpture. It is 33 inches tall and weighs more than 1,300 pounds.

Seven lines of Greek text are etched into the surface. Greek was the working language at the time.

The inscriptions mention Gargilius Antiquus, which is the first time modern-day historians have learned who was in charge when the Jews revolted.

"For the first time, we can identify with certainty the name of the Roman governor of Judea during the critical period leading up to the Bar Kochba revolt," said Professor Assaf Yasur-Landau, from the University of Haifa. "Apart from that, this is only the second time that the name 'Judea' has appeared on an inscription from the Roman period."

Because the Romans wanted the Jews erased from history, they renamed Judea Syria-Palestine.

"What we have here is an inscription dated to just before Judea ceased to exist as a province under that name,' the researchers add. "Of the two inscriptions mentioning the name Judea, the one just discovered is later, of course. Because such findings are so rare, it is unlikely that we will find later inscriptions including the name Judea."

https://prophecyinthenews.com/world_news/1800-year-old-tablet-found-on-the-bottom-of-the-sea-proves-all-jesus-doubters-wrong/

1 Like

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
This one is not new we have heard of others including the dead sea scrolls.
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Kendzyma(m): 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Y'all not tired of all this artifact to prove a diety is real?..

what's wrong with today's world that such a diety can't make itself known to the world? But rely on us finding out clues ourselfs whilst causing confusion all over d world..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by tartar9(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
How those it validates the bible?
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Uyi168: 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kendzyma:

what's wrong with today's world that such a diety can't make itself known to the world? And rely on us finding out clues ourselfs whilst causing confusion all over d world..
..me just tire o

1 Like

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Martinez19(m): 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kendzyma:

what's wrong with today's world that such a diety can't make itself known to the world? And rely on us finding out clues ourselfs whilst causing confusion all over d world..
I don't tire tey tey....

1 Like

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Niflheim(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Did they find god hiding under the stone like a "fiddler crab"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

LUNATIC: I found a stone at the bottom of the sea, therefore god is real!!!

INVESTIGATOR OF INCOMPREHENSIBLE IMBECILITY: So are you trying to say that you worship rocks that swim in the Pacific Ocean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by jayson87: 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
But wait first ,,, how does that confirm the bible

1 Like

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Originakalokalo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kendzyma:

what's wrong with today's world that such a diety can't make itself known to the world? But rely on us finding out clues ourselfs whilst causing confusion all over d world..

The deity" has been quiet to give you time to repent.

The blood of Jesus makes him wait for you.

There is still time.

Repent before it is too late.

Many children of God who has had a personal experience with Jesus do not need any Discovery to believe.

1 Like

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by dominique(f): 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
The most recent events in the Bible happened over 2000 years ago, how exactly does a 1800 year old rock prove the Bible?
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kendzyma:

Believers need no artifact to believe in JESUS of the Bible for we know that HE exist beyond the written pages of the scriptures...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Niflheim:
Did they find god hiding under the stone like a "fiddler crab"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

LUNATIC: I found a stone at the bottom of the sea, therefore god is real!!!

INVESTIGATOR OF INCOMPREHENSIBLE IMBECILITY: So are you trying to say that you worship rocks that swim in the Pacific Ocean?
did you read before talking
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
dominique:
The most recent events in the Bible happened over 2000 years ago, how exactly does a 1800 year old rock prove the Bible?
could Have Been Something Written After Death Of Christ
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by greatface(m): 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
That my father died before my birth doesn't invalidate the fact that a man's action caused my existence.

No matter the evidence I would seek, he is never coming back to life to show himself as my father.

I believe he exists because I couldn't have made myself.
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by Funjosh(m): 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hmmmmmmm................ I love History cool
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by jeruzi(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
dominique:
The destruction of Jerusalem was after the death of Christ. That stone is from that period.
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by jeruzi(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
cool this is COOL
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

This one is not new we have heard of others including the dead sea scrolls.

Do you believe that it confirms the Bible?
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
Kendzyma:

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter" (Proverbs 25:2).
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58am On Sep 06, 2019
tartar9:

How those it validates the bible?

Read the OP. cool
Re: 1,800-Year-Old Tablet Found On The Bottom Of The Sea Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
Uyi168:

..me just tire o

We are not tired of supplying evidence that confirms the accuracy of the Bible. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School Manual For Today 11 Feb. Topic - Dealing With Addictions / How Do I Open My Spiritual Eyes . / Rccg Sunday School Teacher’s Manual 27th January 2019 Lesson 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.