Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,297 members, 7,947,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (4398 Views)

I Regret Becoming An Athiest / Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? / Why You Should Not Take The Pascal's Wager And Become An Athiest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by ScienceWatch: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
damosky12:

I know I don't have a religion. I know I have seen and walked in the supernatural as expressed in scriptures.

All glory be to the true creator God. That is exactly why you will never become Atheist. Atheists that say they were once Christian, were never Christian in the first place. They may have entered a church, but they were mainly exposed to the many fake pastors that ambitiously lead without spiritual power.

The mighty life giving words of Jesus was never meant to be taught in separation of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by HardMirror(m): 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

And since I've been following up your atheistic posts, how much weakening would you say it has brought to my faith? I tell you it's been no more than what the impact of a raw egg would be on a building column cast with 20mm rods.

Big Bang, the very imagination of the slimmest chance of a possibility of that is to me the height of foolishness and human degradation. What is the evidence that there was a bang, where are your clips of when the bang happened, or why can't life be produced in the labs purely from another bang? if you think two elements in their random combination started it all, why can't you bring those two elements together again to create even the simplest life form. I think a man's mind would either need to be clouded by the devil, or lose a huge portion of its sanity, before it can even consider, let alone believe such silly opinion.

And as for your quest for evidence of God's existence, one way to start making a headway is to revisit your fundamental ideologies on whom you think God is. He is a spirit being, and so, you cannot see Him by your physical means-satellite telescopes and all. Should He even decide to appear in physical form, you literally cannot behold His appearance and survive. You don't have to believe that now, while on earth, but you will surely more than believe it when you leave.

Now an ignoramus who thinks he knows all about waves can start saying something like when waves are produced in a plucked string we see it, and for ripples on water, we see them, but since we cannot see radio waves, then they surely don't exist. He may makes sense to fools like himself, but that's not to say he is right. The evidence of the existence of radio waves-which are not visible to the human eye- is in the works they perform on our transistor radio sets, TVs, mobile phones and all.
So it is with God, if you pay close sensible attention to the happenings around you, it won't be difficult to see the outstanding and undeniable works of God-in people's lives and in our environment- which prove his existence well beyond every reasonable doubt.
perhaps it is a proof of your inability to think and break out of your indoctrination.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by HardMirror(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
ScienceWatch:
He is indeed a wannabe Atheist. LAst time I heard he was unregistered and not paying his monthly Tithes/fees to his master Richard Dawkins.
must daftness be a trait of Christianity?
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by damosky12(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IlSPSK4stw

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!
You travel over land and sea to win a single convert,
and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

- Matthew 23:15

Context, again, is key when you quote scriptures.

Matthew 23:13-15
[13]But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
[14]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
[15]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Apparently, verse 15 is a followup from verse 13. From the highlighted, it becomes clear that Jesus' concerns were on the kingdom of God, to which the Pharisees and scribes didn't belong, consequent upon which they'll be an obstacle to the salvation of others who consider them ministers of God.

Jesus' concern was on the fact that the Pharisees were not saved and consequently travelled over land and seas to make people who will not be saved too, but worse than they are. Jesus' emphasis was on salvation.

Freeze doesn't seem concerned about salvation, here. Whether or not the people traveling overseas were preaching the gospel of Christ and getting people saved was not his concern. The preaching of the gospel is, in fact, unnecessary from his perspective. Whether souls are saved or not is not his point. So, the portion you quited really doesn't apply.

The word hypocrite ultimately came into English from the Greek word hypokrites, which means "an actor" or "a stage player"
The less than 60 seconds long video really is about "Freeze ridiculing the hypocrisy of evangelism that has become a shameless charade"
Do you recognise the voice of who is speaking in Matthew 23:15 above?
Observe that, Matthew 23 is the only place in the bible, where & when Jesus ever mentioned tithing
The same Matthew chapter 23, with its 7 woe curses in it, is where He warned against hypocrisy

The hypocrisy that Jesus preached against is not the hypocrisy of forbidding the gospel to be preached on the basis that "all we want is money". In Matthew 10, Mark 6 and Luke 10, Jesus sent out his disciples in THEIR IMPERFECTIONS to go preach the gospel. Clearly, his concern was on salvation. The Pharisees and scribes,on the other hand, didn't have salvation to offer.

Now, for Freeze to have mockingly asked: "What blessings can a Nigerian Christian ever preach about to ANYONE?"
Does that seem like a statement from anyone who believes in preaching the gospel of Christ at all? That he mentions "a Nigerian Christian" shouldn't dent the clear, here. The gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't vary from nationality to nationality. If he would say a Nigerian Christian has no gospel to preach, he could actually have said the same of Ghanian Christians or American Christians etc. His point is basically a questioning of the reality and potency of the Christian gospel.

You can't just explain a joke.
Either it isn't funny
or the audience just totally missed the punchline

You just totally missed the "punchline"

Well, in Spirituality, there are no jokes... You always mean what you say. All sayings should be examined. Jokes that negate the scriptures are no jokes. They are literal.

Ephesians 5:4
[4]Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient : but rather giving of thanks.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
[21]Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

What you pay attention to, permits me, to tell you who you are
You are still a bit wet behind the ears
and that's why you have a real vulgarity in the way you post
I sincerely haven't seen how and where I have posted in a vulgar manner here. If I did, am sorry.

God is in the detail. Pay attention to detail
For example, you used and said antichristian,
but I sidestepped antichristian, used antiChrist and said:
"I am yet to hear Freeze utter an antiChrist remark. Yet to see him suggest an antiChrist move"

Have you heard Freeze make an antiChrist remark?
Repeat it here then but if you cant list it, then please hold your peace.

1 John 2:22-23
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
[23] Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
The Antichrist is the person who refuses that Jesus is THE Christ, Saviour or Messiah.
The word deny there is arneomai, which means to REFUSE.

Now, Freeze says a Muslims or Buddhists (anyone who doesn't acknowledge Jesus as Son of God or Christ) doesn't need Jesus to make heaven, contrary to gospel John's claims. He says all they need is "to love God and their neighbors"

How does that in any way acknowledge Jesus as THE Christ. He simply says, you don't need Jesus.

How is this statement not Antichrist? Explain, please.

Dont be surprised to know some MUSLIMS and BUDDHISTS will be found in the kingdom whilst Christians will be AWOL
The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism.
grin According to the Bible? Well, no man is saved except in Christ. Acts 4:12, Rom 2:16,etc. None who rejects the gospel of Jesus Christ as the saviour of the world is saved. Mark 16:16, John 3:18.

SMH, unconscious bias

Truth crushed to earth is truth still
and like a seed will rise again

That's right. It just depends on which truth you refer to. Truth is revealed in the scriptures.

Freeze, has just woken up to a few "elephant in the room" topics, that so many posters from the dawn of the day
and over the years, in past on Religion section of Nairaland, have extensively written about and discussed

Anyone that consciously or unconsciously does any or all that Jesus taught, preached and/or commanded as entry criteria into the Kingdom will enter it

I am not surprised you said all that Jesus taught while neglecting the epistles. Well, Jesus himself said, close to the end if Hus sojourn on earth:

John 16:12-13
[12]I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
[13]Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So, clearly, all that He taught on earth were NOT ALL OF THE TRUTH.

That's why the church was built on the Apostles teaching. After all, they were the original recipients and eyewitnesses of Jesus' teachings.

Acts 2:42
[42]And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

They were not built on the teachings of Jesus while He was on earth. Jesus' preached to Jews of the old testament after their laws (the sermon on the mount is a clear instance). Jesus' teachings were not targeted at men of this age. His teachings were majorly parables and figure of speech because the people then didn't have the capacity to grasp spiritual information. Matt 13:13-15.
When He died and resurrected, the new testament was birthed.

Hebrews 9:15
[15]And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Thus is the testament for this age. A man is saved, in this age, by simply accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ and receiving eternal life, NEVER by doing the things Jesus taught before He died.

Do you have a mirror?

"Christians are not taught to practice religion", did you say?
Look up the meaning of compassion in the dictionary

James 1:27 provides useful and interesting information on the type of religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless
yet you my dear brother, thump your chest, saying "I know I don't have a religion"

You didn't read my explanation. See

26If ANY MAN AMONG YOU seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this,
To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world

Note, IF ANY MAN AMONG YOU SEEM TO BE RELIGIOUS.

If that portion was teaching Christians to be religious, why make that statement?

Besides, the word religious is the Greek, thrēskeia, which connotes CEREMONIAL ACTIONS. That word was NEVER used in the new testament to instruct how that Christian should observe one practice or another. Gal 5: 15 downwards for instance teach how that a Christian should walk in the Spirit, love,etc. That wasn't seen as a religion but as an expression of the fruits if his Spirit. Its not a ceremonial observation. Same with John 2,3,4 that speaks on why the Christian should walk in love not as a religion, but as what is expected from offsprings of God (who is Himself, Love). Similarly,

Now, not forgetting that James was written to Jewish Christians, ceremonial washings, dressings, and other actions were in view.
Now, ceremonial observations were however no longer emphasized in Christianity. That's why James gives an uppercut to to the religious guy AMONG THEM who isn't necessarily pious, by stating that his religion is in vain but that the only pure or genuine ceremonial action accceptable to God is acting in love.

The context of the two verses is actually too clear. Don't take a verse out of the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by felixomor: 4:11am On Jan 17, 2018
1Sharon:

Have you actually considered that oledepo and adebole may be atheists?

Someone is Delusional

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by 1Sharon(f): 4:32am On Jan 17, 2018
felixomor:

Someone is Delusional

You are not philosophical so this is beyond you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 17, 2018
jiggaz:
What you have to understand is that not everyone you see in church is really a Christian. Christianity is not really about attending church ( though its part of it) but its mainly about your belief in Christ Jesus as your saviour. From what Freeze has been saying so far, its obvious he doesn't have Christ in his life. He preaches on Cool Fm on Sundays but he's more of a motivational speaker than a teacher of the word.

Christianity without Christ is not Christianity at all. So Freeze might have had a mental assent to Christ but from what he is writing lately, he's not a possessor of eternal life ( what i meant by this is that he doesn't have Christ in his life). He can be an atheist or a Gnostic if he wants, I don't have a problem with that. I mean, it's a free world but the end will justify the means...

Just like you Hardmirror, you were never a possessor of eternal life but only a professor if that your story was true anyways. You know Christ but doesn't believe in him just like Freeze is doing right now. And if Freeze still stay in church at the end of the age, his types will be weeded out of the kingdom. But for now, he is free to run his mouth.

God bless bro..

it's actually still amazes me that HARDMIRROR claims he was a pastor lol, yet virtually ALL The doctrines he held were false...

he thinks real GOD HELD Christians can fall away

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 4:40am On Jan 17, 2018
damosky12:

A Christian doesn't just "believe in Yeshua". He believes He isn't just like any ordinary man but God in human flesh who died and rose. The Christian also believes that there is no other way apart from Christ.

Freeze isn't a Christian. How do I know?

He occasionally insinuates that Christianity isn't the only way to God, while he commends what He calls "other religions" like Islam, Buddhism and the likes. The same guy suggests for the abandonment of evangelism. Not forgetting that all his 'sermons' are channelled at criticizing one Christian doctrine or another, without ever reflecting his supposed commitment to Christ in words or deed.

These traits are clearly antichristian. He is only creating the illusion of being a religious person so as to get sympathy from the members of the churches whose leaders he attacks.

Per the bolded part in your quote, even Demons and the Devil knows this BUT can you call these demons Christians?

What makes one Christlike are the fruits they bear after studying the teachings of Jesus and being inspired by the Holy Spirit.

The Demons know and even accept Jesus is LORD BUT does a Demon have fruits of the Spirit like Love, Temperance, meekness e.t.c.?

A tree is judged by the fruit it bears.

What is even worse is a barren fig tree or barren vine branch that has no fruit (good or bad) to show for all the nourishment (words of TRUTH) it gets.

That one is surely headed for destruction...as the Eternal Creator is also irritated by a lukewarm spirit.

Jesus is the way, TRUTH and the life right? Now let us play a fancy game by replacing Jesus with the word TRUTH (in literal terms i.e. take truth as truth).

If you truly follow the TRUTH it shall make you free. For example:
Come unto the TRUTH...those who are weary...and I will give you rest, for my (TRUTH's) yoke is easy and my (TRUTH's) burden is light.

I have many other examples where you can interchange words...since Jesus is the brightest human representation of the TRUTH (so far)...

There were other bright lights who existed for the TRUTH e.g. Bhudda, Enoch e.t.c.

The TRUTH is so vast such that...it existed even before Jesus existed in the Spiritual and Physical realm...Jesus is a product of the TRUTH (a son cannot exist before the Father) ...and yet... a manifestation of the TRUTH in flesh and blood.
2)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by felixomor: 4:55am On Jan 17, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol grin
Philosophical indeed.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by Lordcenturion2(m): 6:08am On Jan 17, 2018
Am not practicing any religion, but to me, freeze was trying to archive something through pastors and tithe issue, maybe he was trying to open his own church in a dramatic way, get a followers and ask them not to pay tithe but only offering, I think freeze has a mission, according to my observation, freeze is still a Christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by Lordcenturion2(m): 6:10am On Jan 17, 2018
1Sharon:

@felixomor this is epic and flawless, can't cry on ur behalf, please don't reply her anymore, she can spoil a business for you
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by felixomor: 7:34am On Jan 17, 2018
Lordcenturion2:

@felixomor this is epic and flawless, can't cry on ur behalf, please don't reply her anymore, she can spoil a business for you
Eiya bootlicker, I know u are yet to recover from me....
Try to hide it
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by damosky12(m): 8:14am On Jan 17, 2018
OkCornel:

Per the bolded part in your quote, even Demons and the Devil knows this BUT can you call these demons Christians?

What makes one Christlike are the fruits they bear after studying the teachings of Jesus and being inspired by the Holy Spirit.

The Demons know and even accept Jesus is LORD BUT does a Demon have fruits of the Spirit like Love, Temperance, meekness e.t.c.?

A tree is judged by the fruit it bears.

What is even worse is a barren fig tree or barren vine branch that has no fruit (good or bad) to show for all the nourishment (words of TRUTH) it gets.

That one is surely headed for destruction...as the Eternal Creator is also irritated by a lukewarm spirit.

Jesus is the way, TRUTH and the life right? Now let us play a fancy game by replacing Jesus with the word TRUTH (in literal terms i.e. take truth as truth).

If you truly follow the TRUTH it shall make you free. For example:
Come unto the TRUTH...those who are weary...and I will give you rest, for my (TRUTH's) yoke is easy and my (TRUTH's) burden is light.

I have many other examples where you can interchange words...since Jesus is the brightest human representation of the TRUTH (so far)...

There were other bright lights who existed for the TRUTH e.g. Bhudda, Enoch e.t.c.

The TRUTH is so vast such that...it existed even before Jesus existed in the Spiritual and Physical realm...Jesus is a product of the TRUTH (a son cannot exist before the Father) ...and yet... a manifestation of the TRUTH in flesh and blood.
2)

Oga... Don't come and derail this thread. I once took you up, correcting your errors but you seem fixated in Jesus' parables and James. The Bible is replete with teachings on how a Christian is saved by faith alone and not by works.

Please, I don't have time to go into a fruitless discussion
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2018
damosky12:

Oga... Don't come and derail this thread. I once took you up, correcting your errors but you seem fixated in Jesus' parables and James. The Bible is replete with teachings on how a Christian is saved by faith alone and not by works.

Please, I don't have time to go into a fruitless discussion

Remind me again of the errors oh great and perfect rabbi damosky12

That it's possible for someone to get admission into a University and graduate with a degree with absolutely no work done?

Bros...even demons confess Jesus is Lord and He ressurrected from the dead...that one is not enough to make them enter heaven...

Unless you are saying it is possible for a corrupt politician to confess those same words and enter heaven without changing his ways...which is a faulty doctrine...

God's grace is not there to be abused or taken for granted... the words of Jesus are written clearly in Revelation 20 v 13

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

If you don't agree with this...go and argue with Jesus ehn...

Thanks for the "correction"...I am awaiting further "lessons" from you cheesy

Faith minus works (fruits of the spirit to show for the faith) = dead faith = negative testimonies from unbelievers watching you and eternal damnation.

Faith plus works (fruits of the spirit to show for the faith) = living faith = authentic passport to a fulfilling eternity
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by damosky12(m): 9:50am On Jan 17, 2018
OkCornel:

Remind me again of the errors oh great and perfect rabbi damosky12

That it's possible for someone to get admission into a University and graduate with a degree with absolutely no work done?

No one becomes the son of his father by works. Did you?
A man is saved simply by being born again, believing Jesus. See CLEAR Bible verses (not figures of speech).

John 3:16,18
[16]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[18]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:10
[10]For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 4:3-5
[3]For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
[4] Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
[5]But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Bros...even demons confess Jesus is Lord and He ressurrected from the dead ...that one is not enough to make them enter heaven...

LOL. Quote a bible verse for the bolded.

'Demons believe and tremble' is what James says. They don't believe Him as one who paid for their sins. They don't confess Him as their Lord and Saviour.
James only quoted the phrase to spite those who choose not to walk in love. He isn't saying Demons are born again. grin

Na war o. You leave SCRIPTURES to face only parables and incomplete statements.

Unless you are saying it is possible for a corrupt politician to confess those same words and enter heaven without changing his ways...which is a faulty doctrine...

Will the Corinthian church in 1Corinth 3 go to hell?
Have you considered why Paul calls them babes in Christ despite works of the flesh?
How come Paul isn't threatening them with hell?
Oga, explain.

God's grace is not there to be abused or taken for granted... the words of Jesus are written clearly in Revelation 20 v 13

I explained that portion TWICE while replying your previous posts. You are mixing it up.
God's grace can not be abused because of sin. Its UNMERITED FAVOUR. It qualifies the imperfect. Anyone who believes is saved by this grace.

[i]And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them...

If you don't agree with this...go and argue with Jesus ehn...

Thanks for the "correction"...I am awaiting further "lessons" from you cheesy

Revelation 20:12-15
[12]And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Will sinners see God. Will they stand before God to be judged? Of course not. The bible says they are judged already.

...but he that believeth not is condemned already... Matthew 3:18…
whosoever believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16.

The judgement here is for those whose names are written in the book of life.
Note the underlined. Their works and their names are in the book. That's the judgement of REWARDS.
That's the judgement Paul spoke about in 1 Corinth 3

1 Corinthians 3:13-15
[13]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14]If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15]If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

That's the judgement for SAVED folks.

[13]And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Sinners are judged already. If this statement is to be taken as you interpreted it, that means a man without Jesus, will make heaven because he does good works. How heretical!

The man judged by works is the man in Christ. That's the judgement for REWARDS. as made clear by verse 12.

[14]And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15]And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now note verse 15… "whosoever was not found written in the book of life" was cast.

Note that there is no need judging someone whose name is not in the book of life according to works. There wouldn't be need judging all men according to their works if the book of life is the standard, after all.

That tells us, yet again, that the judgement according to works, is for those whose name are in the book. In fact, verse 12 says they were judged by the things recorded in the book of their works. That can't be the the same judgement for the man who isn't written in the book at all.

Those whose names aren't in the book of life are those who have rejected the gospel of Jesus and consequently rejected His Life.

1 John 5:11-12
[11]And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
[12]He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

I am just hoping you read carefully as I read yours. I also hope you don't ignore my "corrections" and explanations. You find them heretical? Show me where I am wrong (with sufficient clear scriptures).

We are learning.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by MaziOmenuko: 10:34am On Jan 17, 2018
I have a feeling he is already Agnostic; but just moving with the flow so he can still have an audience.

Just like Hardmirror said, its always a little here, a little there...you cannot have that type of guts to challenge church principles and still be a christian. Truth is, a whole lot of other christian principles and teachings doesn't make sense: trinity, virgin birth, blood cleansing of sin (human sacrifice) especially considering the fact that these where pagan believes before christianity adopted and integrated them.

We all started this way; question some believes that were not logical, research on history of the bible and christianity in general. No one gets those info in all honesty and still remains a christian unless out of society pressure.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by HardMirror(m): 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
1Sharon:

hhehehe.

he is a worm

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkaiCorne(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
damosky12:

A man is saved simply by being born again, believing Jesus. See CLEAR Bible verses (not figures of speech).

[16]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[18]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

[10]For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

[3]For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
[5]But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

'Demons believe and tremble' is what James says. They don't believe Him as one who paid for their sins. They don't confess Him as their Lord and Saviour.
James only quoted the phrase to spite those who choose not to walk in love. He isn't saying Demons are born again. grin

Have you considered why Paul calls them babes in Christ despite works of the flesh?
Oga, explain.

I explained that portion TWICE while replying your previous posts. You are mixing it up.
God's grace can not be abused because of sin. Its UNMERITED FAVOUR. It qualifies the imperfect. Anyone who believes is saved by this grace.

[12]And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Will sinners see God. Will they stand before God to be judged? Of course not. The bible says they are judged already.

Note the underlined. Their works and their names are in the book. That's the judgement of REWARDS.

[13]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14]If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15]If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

[13]And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Sinners are judged already. If this statement is to be taken as you interpreted it, that means a man without Jesus, will make heaven because he does good works. How heretical!

The man judged by works is the man in Christ. That's the judgement for REWARDS. as made clear by verse 12.

[14]And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15]And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now note verse 15… "whosoever was not found written in the book of life" was cast.

Note that there is no need judging someone whose name is not in the book of life according to works. There wouldn't be need judging all men according to their works if the book of life is the standard, after all.

That tells us, yet again, that the judgement according to works, is for those whose name are in the book. In fact, verse 12 says they were judged by the things recorded in the book of their works. That can't be the the same judgement for the man who isn't written in the book at all.

Those whose names aren't in the book of life are those who have rejected the gospel of Jesus and consequently rejected His Life.

[11]And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
[12]He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

I am just hoping you read carefully as I read yours. I also hope you don't ignore my "corrections" and explanations. You find them heretical? Show me where I am wrong (with sufficient clear scriptures).

We are learning.

Just to confirm you understand me (alternate moniker)

"work out your salvation with fear and trembling" what does it mean.

Mind you... I've been hammering on works which is the evidence of your faith and existence of the Holy Spirit in your life...and not the one that comes by your human strength...

A faith that has no fruits to show for it is a dead faith...can a dead faith please God?

I'll read up Hebrews for personal study again so we'll know the type of faith that pleases God...
But I know this Faith is always backed up by results (works)...

I'll also read your response to my previous post slowly...to avoid stories that touch like the other thread we discussed on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by HardMirror(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
I have a feeling he is already Agnostic; but just moving with the flow so he can still have an audience.

Just like Hardmirror said, its always a little here, a little there...you cannot have that type of guts to challenge church principles and still be a christian. Truth is, a whole lot of other christian principles and teachings doesn't make sense: trinity, virgin birth, blood cleansing of sin (human sacrifice) especially considering the fact that these where pagan believes before christianity adopted and integrated them.

We all started this way; question some believes that were not logical, research on history of the bible and christianity in general. No one gets those info in all honesty and still remains a christian unless out of society pressure.
thank you Mazi. Good having your candid contribution on the topic.
makes one wonder how many agnostics we have there; likely many prominent christian reformists are agnostic but for some reasons still have to maintain a level of faith
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by ScienceWatch: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
OkCornel:

I'd rather try to understand their pains and thought process...like myself, they are also on a journey to the TRUTH, and I pray they get there too.

Excellent attitude that you have on this issue. I have spent years trying to understand the childishness of Atheists and found that their are many clinical studies on this frightening world problem. The info below should help you understand the insanity of Atheists hatred for Christianity.

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defense mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.

DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/Agnostic, etc simply denies reality and does so with intensity and persistence. There are people who are told by doctors daily that they have a terminal illness. They hear and see many people have been miraculously healed. Their way of coping is to deny that it could be true. Atheists/Agnostics, etc do the same: they intensely and persistently deny that God could exist. They block out the possibility and fight it with all their might.

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/agnostics. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality. Atheists/deist will offer countless “logical-sounding” reasons why God does not exist, or why atheists/deist cannot accept the existence of God or religion or that miraculous healings are as simple as breathing. They are very creative at doing so, and they specialize in using pedantic language to sound convincing to others and to themselves. They fool themselves that they are of superior intelligence and that they must be correct in their conclusions. In reality, they are simply foolish rationalizers.

REPRESSION: Every little detail in nature offers evidence of the Artist’s miraculous touch. One only has to stop, observe and see that we are not surrounded by the grotesque, but by beauty, unity and miraculous harmony. The atheist mind will not stop and observe and see the connection. If they do stop to look, they will acknowledge the miraculous art -- but not the artist.

SUPPRESSION: The concept of miraculous design is daily being reinforced by all the sciences. Accepting the evidence of miraculous design for former atheist, Anthony Flew, may have been painful at first, but he finally accepted the glaring reality. Most atheists will not. They will consciously “reject” the evidence, without any fair and sufficient analysis. And finally exclude God or reject the power of miracles in religion.

DISPLACEMENT: As explained above, many Atheists/deists are angry and hurt, because of abuse or mistreatment by authority figures, parents, religious people or religious leaders. In time, they transfer their anger to God who allowed the events that caused their pain to take place. The end result of this mechanism is to abolish/destroy what they see as the ultimate source of their pain: God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by damosky12(m): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Just to confirm you understand me (alternate moniker)

"work out your salvation with fear and trembling" what does it mean.

That portion you quoted is in Philippians 2:12. It was written to people who were already known to be saved. Chapter 1 shows that.

The expression work out is to show forth the results of their salvation. This is written many times in the epistles. That's what the Bible teach. But at the same time, it is expressed every where that even though He is expected to display the virtues of the Spirit, that's not what saved him.

Ephesians 2:8
[8]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Philippians 1:13 sheds light into the "work out your salvation" in saying that God is working in them. They should work that thing out. That tells us that ALL Christians have God working in them (through the Holy Spirit) whether or not they yield to it is another problem.
The Corinthian church must have had God working in them too, but they walked in the flesh, hence Paul called them babies IN CHRIST. Now, that He calls them people in Christ, despite their fruits of the flesh (fighting, envying,) tells us that they are not condemned because of this. In fact, there was no threat of hell for them, as he still wrote to then just as other Christians every where.
Clearly, that's because they are NOT saved by works but BY Grace through faith. You'll agree with me that if what saves a Christian is both faith and works, Paul would have told the Corinthians that they aren't saved at all.

Mind you... I've been hammering on works which is the evidence of your faith and existence of the Holy Spirit in your life...and not the one that comes by your human strength...

I know. What I have always said is that the Bible never says a Christian is saved by works AT ALL. Whether its of the Spirit or not. That Ephesians 2:8 I quoted above says you are saved by grace, without adding works. In fact, it rather says NOT OF YOURSELVES. That means its not by whether you yield to the Spirit or not.

Now, does this give Christians licence to sin, of course not. It rather reveals the love of God to Him so that He knows that he is saved from the consequences of sin and be able to overcome sin.

Romans 6:14
[14]For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

This is the gospel, brother.
Those who are still in sins haven't really been taught the gospel enough and who they are in Christ. That's why they have remained babies.
That a baby in the physical realm behaves like an animal doesn't make him one, the more he is brought up, the more he matures. So it is with the Spiritual.

In fact, the church is for PERFECTING the saints. Eph 4:11-12.

A faith that has no fruits to show for it is a dead faith...can a dead faith please God?

When James says "dead faith". He does not literally mean an inexistent
faith, but one that has refused to be active. James wrote Christians who were already saved, to teach them to act out their faith.
James NEVER said one without works is damned. He only shows forth how that faith is expected to produce works. He wasn't talking about salvation, but on the need for demonstrating salvation by loving.

See one talking about salvation,

[3]For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Genesis 15:6

Romans was simply talking about Salvation. A man isn't SAVED by works… but Faith.

I'll read up Hebrews for personal study again so we'll know the type of faith that pleases God...
But I know this Faith is always backed up by results (works)...
Read from Romans to the rest.

Faith is what simply saves. Works (particularly love) is expected to be shown by people who are already saved. This is because they got the capacity to love. ROM 5:5. However, works (Spiritual or Physical) is not what saved them. Its simply the grace of God which shows His love for the world.

I'll also read your response to my previous post slowly...to avoid stories that touch like the other thread we discussed on

Thanks.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by jiggaz(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ferisidowu:

God bless bro..

it's actually still amazes me that HARDMIRROR claims he was a pastor lol, yet virtually ALL The doctrines he held were false...

he thinks real GOD HELD Christians can fall away

Lol thanks bro... Don't mind the guy, he is fake.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by Scholar8200(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
Methinks Mr Freeze is doing what he is doing not because he has a heart for God but because he is in showbiz and needs the fame just like an atheist-owned forum might have a religious section perhaps to keep the traffic but not to promote religion!

Besides, he must have many to agree with him simply because ,just like the Bible predicted, the last days will be characterised by false prophets who will make merchandise of the people (2 Peter 2:3) and teach that gain is godliness . At some point those so treated get exasperated and they have Mr Freeze and his ilks as their comforter.

Will Mr Freeze become an atheist? time will tell.
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 4:28am On Jan 18, 2018
damosky12:

I guess this is where you got me wrong. The first step to salvation is belief and faith. However, when this faith becomes theory, unproductive, absolutely nothing to show for it...even when you are in the vine (courtesy of your faith and belief)...what fate befalls such a person?

I am talking of a productive faith being the real deal. That was why I said Faith + Works and not just faith alone. To further buttress this...the thief on the cross had faith in Jesus...and that was enough to get to him to heaven...why? he genuinely believed in Christ..and that moved Jesus into making a promise. A promise I believe is extended to everyone who sincerely repents of their evil ways. But I have this question to ask, if the thief had survived the crucifixion and went on to live a long life with no fruits of the spirit to show for it...and he even turns back to his old ways of stealing, raping and killing despite knowing and confessing Jesus as Messiah...what will then happen? Will Jesus welcome him with these words "welcome my good and faithful servant"?

damosky12:

Oga, explain.

Good question.

Paul wrote that letter not to congratulate and validate them on being babes in Christ despite the works of the flesh evident in their lives.
Rather, Paul admonishes they grow in the faith. They cannot afford to remain babies forever and think God would clap for them...when more is expected of them. To whom much is given...more is expected...kindly refer to the parable of the talents again

If you want to have an idea of God's attitude to certain churches, especially those that refuse to grow, check out the message to the 7 churches in the book of Revelation. There's a church that blows hot and cold (i.e. lack of consistency growing in the faith, one step forward...3 steps backwards) which is quite irritating..and what's the result...they are treated as expelled spittle off the mouth

damosky12:

Another good observation. Per the bolded, I want to ask you a question...how will our African ancestors who never heard of Jesus be judged?

This is the way I see it...correct me if I'm wrong and give me your answers. A man who never heard of Jesus in his entire life, but knows the truth and lives a truthful life (afterall Jesus is the Truth), what shall be his fate? The man may never have heard the name Jesus, but that man is a follower of Jesus by living a sincere, truthful life.

I will further read up on the judgement of works as you referred me to in the passage above as per Corinthians...

I have another puzzling question to ask for learning sake...

What could cause a Pastor to go to hell despite believing Jesus and doing marvelous works for Him only to hear on the last day "I KNOW YOU NOT!"...is this possible or am I just imagining things? could it be lack of LOVE or substitution of personal walk with God for religious activities?

damosky12:

We are learning.

[/quote]

I concur, we are always learning..that's why I tell myself... I DO NOT KNOW IT ALL

When the bible states that "the sea gave up its dead"...it never stated if these dead are saved or not. Nothing in the great white throne judgment is for the saved alone...unless I'm mixing things up here. Afterall, there must be a judgement that would separate the sheep from the goats.

Last few questions...
Based on the above you typed...I just want to be clear that I'm not misunderstanding you.

Are you saying that confessing and believing Jesus is the LORD by mouth...but living a lifestyle that is not consistent with your confessions would take you to heaven?

If so, does this mean there are no Christians in hell? I mean those who made this confession and still found their way there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 4:45am On Jan 18, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Excellent attitude that you have on this issue. I have spent years trying to understand the childishness of Atheists and found that their are many clinical studies on this frightening world problem. The info below should help you understand the insanity of Atheists hatred for Christianity.

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defense mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.

DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/Agnostic, etc simply denies reality and does so with intensity and persistence. There are people who are told by doctors daily that they have a terminal illness. They hear and see many people have been miraculously healed. Their way of coping is to deny that it could be true. Atheists/Agnostics, etc do the same: they intensely and persistently deny that God could exist. They block out the possibility and fight it with all their might.

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/agnostics. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality. Atheists/deist will offer countless “logical-sounding” reasons why God does not exist, or why atheists/deist cannot accept the existence of God or religion or that miraculous healings are as simple as breathing. They are very creative at doing so, and they specialize in using pedantic language to sound convincing to others and to themselves. They fool themselves that they are of superior intelligence and that they must be correct in their conclusions. In reality, they are simply foolish rationalizers.

REPRESSION: Every little detail in nature offers evidence of the Artist’s miraculous touch. One only has to stop, observe and see that we are not surrounded by the grotesque, but by beauty, unity and miraculous harmony. The atheist mind will not stop and observe and see the connection. If they do stop to look, they will acknowledge the miraculous art -- but not the artist.

SUPPRESSION: The concept of miraculous design is daily being reinforced by all the sciences. Accepting the evidence of miraculous design for former atheist, Anthony Flew, may have been painful at first, but he finally accepted the glaring reality. Most atheists will not. They will consciously “reject” the evidence, without any fair and sufficient analysis. And finally exclude God or reject the power of miracles in religion.

DISPLACEMENT: As explained above, many Atheists/deists are angry and hurt, because of abuse or mistreatment by authority figures, parents, religious people or religious leaders. In time, they transfer their anger to God who allowed the events that caused their pain to take place. The end result of this mechanism is to abolish/destroy what they see as the ultimate source of their pain: God.

Insightful research you have done here.

However, there's something I've noticed about religion that creates atheists. If you carefully study the evolution of all religions around the world today..you'll find out that the original message of the founders most likely have been twisted with a few lies which births faulty doctrines.

Also, I noticed that the perfect tool for deception is a large dosage of truth with a little drop of well packaged lies or even errors. I noticed that these atheists are actually honest with themselves and are smart to pick out these fallacies...but in the course of identifying these fallacies, they get annoyed and throw out the baby (truth) with the bathing water (lies).

In other instances which you have pointed out rightly...it could be a case of being disappointed in or hating a Spiritual father figure for reasons such as e.g. childhood abuse, violent upbringing, unfortunate circumstances in life.

However, I also think the book of Ecclesiastes and JOB (from beginning to the end...not just the start and ending part) should have answers to their questions if they are open minded. And if these text are too ancient or religious for their liking...practical approaches with proven results (preferably personal results) to dealing with life's issues should help explain things better to them. The problem (which I think is a good one) is that these guys are too smart and honest to be involved in religious activities blindly. THEY WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

If you tell them "have faith"...it just doesn't add up for them...which I quite agree with them. There's blind faith and there's insight. People often mistake both to be the faith spoken of in the bible. Blind faith leads to delusions whereas, insight (knowing exactly why you are doing what you do..even when the results aren't there yet) leads to fruits and testimonies(a.k.a. results) to prove it eventually.

It is well...
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by ScienceWatch: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2018
OkCornel:

Insightful research you have done here.

However, there's something I've noticed about religion that creates atheists. If you carefully study the evolution of all religions around the world today..you'll find out that the original message of the founders most likely have been twisted with a few lies which births faulty doctrines.

I will simplify my comments on this for the benefit of the humble. I must emphasize that the core of the gospels are spiritual, it is not secular.
I can agree with you that some Atheists are birthed when the promises in the Gospels dont materialize/manifest in their churches, thereby creating doubts. If Atheists were as honest and smart as you say they are, they would have quickly found, that the real solution for their doubts are not embedded in what you say it could be. Their solution will not be found in the "study of the evolution of all religions." Nor will it be found in comparing the original doctrines with so-called twisted lies.

The core of the gospels are deeply spiritual not secular. The Gospels can never be examined the way the Atheists examine it and expect to extract truth. This is totally impossible.

Your following comment is loaded with serious contradictions when you say, "I noticed that these atheists are actually honest with themselves and are smart to pick out these fallacies...but in the course of identifying these fallacies, they get annoyed and throw out the baby (truth) with the bathing water (lies)."

Experience proves that an honest, smart person will never throw the baby out with the bath water. That is the actions of a madman. Your comments has actually served to highlight the serious mental deficiencies of the Atheists mind and its inherent dangers to humanity, especially when they get into positions of power.
I am certain that many esteemed Nairalanders can explain this much better such as; Sonofthunder, Butterflylion, Vaxx, Bennyann, Bloodofthelamb,
KingEbukasBlog,

Salvation101, Felixomor, Scholar8200, Veron265, SpeedndAccuracy, Daviddson, An2elect2 , overcomersfaith,
MsNgo40, Julivas,
jiggaz,
JesusSonOfGod,
Goshen360,
Oracle16, flamingREED, ichuka, petra1, salvation101, 5solas, analice107, temitemi,

The core of the gospels are deeply spiritual therefore it is impossible for an Atheist/Godhater to enter into that hallowed ground to gather verified truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by ScienceWatch: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

AAhhh! I see you have also been indoctrinated by Hardmirror. Choose a wiser mentor !
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by ScienceWatch: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2018
OkCornel:

Very true...but then, I pray for them...rather than argue with or condemn them. I even learnt something (accidentally though) from one of them...and it gave me more insight on the Eternal Creator.

Going by logic...every new born baby is an atheist...as they grow in life...they eventually find God.

Atheism was my first step (baby step) to enlightenment.

Now I have a more fulfilling relationship with the Eternal Creator more than all the years I spent in religion...

I'd rather try to understand their pains and thought process...like myself, they are also on a journey to the TRUTH, and I pray they get there too.
OkCornel Sir, I admire and respect what you are saying here. But I disagree with your statement highlighted in red and would like to expand on it for the benefit of sincere truth seekers. Tamethem or Felixomor, Butterflyl1on, Vaxx, Sonofthunder etc can certainly explain it much better.

Atheism as seen on Nairaland can never be a first step, a baby step to enlightenment, rather it is a big step into a terrifying darkness. No self respecting person can claim they are seeking truth, while at the same time mock and seek to destroy the effective spiritual doctrines of billions of decent peace loving people. Sir, it maybe your innocent choice of words that has provoked a different responds.

Atheism can never be a path to enlightenment. It is a system of thought engineered by High-Level Satanists to recruit the unwary into an experience of hate and destruction of all that is good in mankind.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2018
ScienceWatch:
OkCornel Sir, I admire and respect what you are saying here. But I disagree with your statement highlighted in red and would like to expand on it for the benefit of sincere truth seekers. Tamethem or Felixomor, Butterflyl1on, Vaxx, Sonofthunder etc can certainly explain it much better.

Atheism as seen on Nairaland can never be a first step, a baby step to enlightenment, rather it is a big step into a terrifying darkness. No self respecting person can claim they are seeking truth, while at the same time mock and seek to destroy the effective spiritual doctrines of billions of decent peace loving people. Sir, it maybe your innocent choice of words that has provoked a different responds.

Atheism can never be a path to enlightenment. It is a system of thought engineered by High-Level Satanists to recruit the unwary into an experience of hate and destruction of all that is good in mankind.

I'll explain the process better. Atheism with an open mind was what I meant. I didn't have an attitude of hatred towards anything really. My mind was quite blank and neutral to spiritual matters...just as how a baby's mind is pretty much blank when he or she is birthed into this world.

That was what I meant as "atheism" being my first step...or unless I'm mistaking that for agnosticism...but the basic thing was...I had to formatt my mental hard disk drive on matters relating to religion, doctrine, spirit world and all that stuff...

Then I allowed the TRUTH to start the rebuilding process.

The first question I asked myself was this: "Do I have to be a Christian or Muslim or whatever to believe there will be a sun in the sky tomorrow?"

I'll explain my "born again" experience and put a link to a diary I was updating with my alternate moniker in the next post on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 11:10am On Jan 18, 2018
OkaiCorne:

THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER

1) I have seen a great folly beyond measure under the sun.

2) Humanity is divided over issues they had no control over. Indeed, no one consciously decided to be born in a Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Efik, Chinese, American, Afrikaan OR Christian, Muslim, Traditionalist OR rich, poor home.

3) Yet we have allowed these factors become the root cause of divisions and unnecessary conflicts undermining our existence. This indeed is pure folly!

4) Yet again, owing to my background in Christianity, I was reflecting on the parable of the sower as taught by Yeshua in the book of Matthew
13:3-9. In summary, he taught the crowd on how a certain farmer randomly distributed seeds which fell across
various soil types (rocky, fertile, thorny e.t.c) and surfaces, and the fate of these seeds as to whether they survived or not.

5) Although the great teacher interpreted the parable in light of how the human mind accepted or rejected the TRUTH, upon meditation, I saw another angle to the parable.

6) Every human being in this realm of existence directly and indirectly came from a single source (The farmer) which happens to be the Eternal Creator...the Uncreated One.

7) The Uncreated One created our indestructible souls and just like the farmer in the parable, we were dispersed as seeds that fell on
different racial, tribal and religious soils in this realm of existence.

8.) By virtue of this, certain tribes and races thanks to wealth, literacy and technology had a better chance of accessing the TRUTH as opposed to others from a relatively disadvantaged background.

9) That notwithstanding, we were sent to this realm of existence to discover the TRUTH and by extension, live a fulfilled life by abiding with the requirements of the TRUTH.

10) Unfortunately, the selfish and conceited nature of man allowed diversity in race, religious beliefs, tribal background, wealth and politics become the very factors to divide and destroy our collective potential as a race under the Eternal Heavens.

THE WAY FORWARD: A MENTAL & SPIRITUAL REBIRTH

1) Having observed the major religions around the world and how each of them evolved further into different factions and sects with conflicting doctrines within each of the religions, I concluded that this is nothing but confusion.

2) In addition, being born into a Christian home with a doctrine that borders on Pentecostalism...I asked myself how sure this is the original way the truth. Even within Pentecostalism, there are countless denominations with their attendant controversies.

3) Evaluating the Catholic church, I admired the simplicity...however, I could not rule out the fact that the Catholic church is a product of the early Apostolic church mixed alongside with Roman Paganism thus, birthing a false doctrine which includes worship of images and communicating to God through saints especially when the Bible clearly showed where Yeshua taught his disciples (followers) how to pray.

4) I evaluated Islam which has one Koran (and Hadiths)...one Muhammad but different sects fighting amongst each other. What more! in Nigeria, even the Fulani muslims regard their Yoruba counterparts as those that do not practice true Islam!

5) Having evaluated the above, I concluded that a blind man can never lead a blind man as both would enter a pit.

6) I assessed my religious background and still thanked the Eternal Creator for birthing me into such a home...however, having seen the flaws and gaps in the doctrines, and the general confusion that comes with religion and religiousity, I came to a conclusion.

7) Only pure and undiluted TRUTH gives a blind man light and insight to be free from the darkness and confusion that comes with religion. Moreso, all religion under heaven have an element of lies or errors within them thus, birthing deception and confusion in the hearts of men.

8.) This realization was what made me destroy all mental foundations built in me on the altar of religion right from my tender childhood days. A painful but necessary process I must confess

9) I had to depend on the spirit of the Eternal Creator to revisit and rebuild my mental fortitude thus, helping me to evolve into what I am today. Yet this growth and mental evolution is an ongoing process which cannot terminate in this realm of existence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by OkCornel(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2018
I know its quite a lengthy read. But you can start reading the story from here;

It's not too long a thread for now;

https://www.nairaland.com/4133300/gospel-truth-unity-unconditional-love
Re: Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion by HardMirror(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2018
ScienceWatch:
AAhhh! I see you have also been indoctrinated by Hardmirror. Choose a wiser mentor !
Like science watch cheesy
Oponu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Element Of Every Temptation / Help, Give Me Ideas On How To Start A Charity Organization. / Pastor E A Adeboye Was Seen Visiting Cecilia Ibru In Luth

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 241
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.