Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:01 PM

Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi (18554 Views)

Simon Lalong Rejects Cattle Colonies, Dumps Buhari / Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State / 419 Gone Bad For Emmanuel Egwu (esere Ebekuo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Fake. You got those names from the internet. Have you been there? Or visited each town? They are Igala towns, that speak Igbo as a second language, because of the Igbo migrants who moved into the towns.

And they decided to change the names of their communities to those of their migrants?

I'm now beginning to understand why the Fulanis will soon colonise Kogi and they'll willfully and happily change their town names to Fulfude.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
So the Igbos that migrated to Kogi centuries ago are stateless? What a load of crap.

How about the igalas in Anambra, are they Anambra citizens or not?

You are the one spewing crap, right here. Igbos remain migrants in Kogi. I know nothing about Igalas in Anambra. So ask the ones who live there for the facts.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Odingo1: 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
smiley
laudate:

Oga, the Igbo in Kogi are not indigenous to the area. Go and speak to the indigenes in each of those local govts. It is a fallacy to say that "many Igala people are Igbos." How and when did Igala people become Igbo?? shocked
Most Igala people bear Igbo names and speak Igbo, most are Igbo migrants which are now Kogi people under Igala.
I dont do blind argument.
Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Haritha100: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ahmeduana:

THE IGBIRAS ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING BECAUSE BELLO IS THERE BROTHER
the Ebiras has been leaving with Fulani helmen even b4 d creation of kogi state. we can't chase dem now simply because some group of ppl (IPOB) hate dem.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
And they decided to change the names of their communities to those of their migrants?

I'm now beginning to understand why the Fulanis will soon colonise Kogi and they'll willfully and happily change their town names to Fulfude.
You see, your inner hatred of Kogi people is starting to manifest. sad Just because someone has debunked your false Igbo narrative about Igala towns, you got upset. Don't worry, all your evil prayers for the Kogi people will be reversed, and it will manifest in your own town first! Say amen! Continue wishing evil upon others, and see if your own people will escape the same evil you have wished for others.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

You are the one spewing crap, right here. Igbos remain migrants in Kogi. I know nothing about Igalas in Anambra. So ask the ones who live there for the facts.

Yea, just like the Fulanis migrated from Futa Jallon in Guinea.

There are Igala citizens of Anambra and the ABS brodcasts news translation in Igala.

Go get your facts right unless you have ulterior motives.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Yea, just like the Fulanis migrated from Futa Jallon in Guinea.

There are Igala citizens of Anambra and the ABS brodcasts news translation in Igala.

Go get your facts right unless you have ulterior motives.

No, you are the one with ulterior motives. You are deliberately trying to give Igala communities, an Igbo identity, simply because Igbo migrants settled in their towns. I repeat: I know nothing about igala people in Anambra, so stop reciting their story here. This thread was about Fulani people attacking 4 communities in Adamawa, yet you have turned it into an Igbo-related thread, just to fuel your ego.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

You see, your inner hatred of Kogi people is starting to manifest. sad Just because someone has debunked your false Igbo narrative about Igala towns, you got upset. Don't worry, all your evil prayers for the Kogi people will be reversed, and it will manifest in your own town first! Say amen! Continue wishing evil upon others, and see if your own people will escape the same evil you have wished for others.

You chose to address the part you found offensive without situating it in the proper context. The 2nd part which you've chosen to dwell on is a follow up to the first part, implying that since you can change the names if your communities to Igbo names, you can also accept to change them to Fulani names.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

No, you are the one with ulterior motives. You are deliberately trying to give Igala communities, an Igbo identity, simply because Igbo migrants settled in their towns.

Did I give them their names? Did I name a community as Umuoye in Kogi? What are you spewing?

Accept the fact that just like there are Igala people from Anambra, there are Igbo people from Kogi.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Ojochegbe1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Has anybody disputed the fact that Kogi shares a boundary with Anambra or Enugu? shocked Kogi shares a boundary with 10 states (i.e. Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria); Nasarawa State; Benue State; Enugu State; Anambra State; Edo State; Ondo State ; Ekiti State; Kwara State and Niger State – to the north.

So what is your point?
the point is he asked Weda the are igbo citizens in Kogi, I clarified by saying we bear igbo names in my locality. Who's doesn't know Kogi share boundaries with 10 states??
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by UTEWUOJO: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Egwu? Is he from the Igbo speaking part of Kogi ?
THE NAME IS SPELLED THE SAME WITH THAT OF THE IGBOS BUT WITH DIFFERENT INTONATION, WE THE IGALAS UNDERSTAND IT, THANK YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by UTEWUOJO: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
WELL SAID SIR, WE DON'T NEED THAT COLONY IN OUR LAND.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
You chose to address the part you found offensive without situating it in the proper context. The 2nd part which you've chosen to dwell on is a follow up to the first part, implying that since you can change the names if your communities to Igbo names, you can also accept to change them to Fulani names.

I repeat: every evil prayer you have made for the Kogi people about how the Fulani would colonise them, would first be visited on you and your people.

Yes, I addressed the part I found offensive. angry Nothing wrong with that. Or did you expect me to keep quiet? All my statements were situated in the proper context, or are you now going to deny that you did not make those evil pronouncements? And as far your new claim that "since you can change the names if your communities to Igbo names, you can also accept to change them to Fulani names," it does not hold water. Unless you can provide facts stating who changed what name, and where it was done. I guess it would be safe to wish you the same thing - within your own area - you can also accept to change the names of your own communities to Fulani names. Now how does that sound to you?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
UTEWUOJO:
THE NAME IS SPELLED THE SAME WITH THAT OF THE IGBOS BUT WITH DIFFERENT INTONATION, WE THE IGALAS UNDERSTAND IT, THANK YOU.

God bless you, for telling him the truth. wink The minute any name sounds similar to an Igbo name, they start laying claim to the entire area, and drafting the indigenes into their own ethnic group,

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Did I give them their names? Did I name a community as Umuoye in Kogi? What are you spewing?

Accept the fact that just like there are Igala people from Anambra, there are Igbo people from Kogi.

Who told you that Umuoye is solely an Igbo word? Are you saying it does not have any other meaning in another language like Igala?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

I repeat: every evil prayer your made for the Kogi people about how the Fulani would colonise them, would first be visited on you and your people.

Yes, I addressed the part I found offensive. angry Nothing wrong with that. Or did you expect me to keep quiet? All my statements were situated in the proper context, or are you now going to deny that you did not make those evil pronouncements? And as far your new claim that "since you can change the names if your communities to Igbo names, you can also accept to change them to Fulani names," it does not hold water. Unless you can provide facts stating who changed what name, and where it was done. I guess it would be safe to wish you the same thing - within your own area - you can also accept to change the names of your own communities to Fulani names. Now how does that sound to you?

Yes, I made those pronouncements and so shall it be. They'll start with the cattle colonies.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ojochegbe1:
the point is he asked Weda the are igbo citizens in Kogi, I clarified by saying we bear igbo names in my locality. Who's doesn't know Kogi share boundaries with 10 states??

You bear Igbo names in your locality. Are the people who bear those names, now Igbo people? Rotimi Amaechi who is the transport minister, has a Yoruba first name. Does that mean he is Yoruba? No! he is a full-blooded Ikwerre man!
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by ijoba22(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
You are bold and courageous. Waiting for the one representing afonjas in the Kogi house of Reps to grow some balls grin
hey leave tj alone
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Who told you that Umuoye is solely an Igbo word? Are you saying it does not have any other meaning in another language like Igala?

Tell me what it means in Igala and while at that, also tell me what Eke Avurugo, Ugwuebonyi and Ozara mean in Igala. Thanks
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Yes, I made those pronouncements and so shall it be. They'll start with the cattle colonies.
Yes, right after those cattle colonies have first been established in your own village or hometown and after your people have been colonised by the Fulanis. And so shall it be!
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Yes, right after those cattle colonies have first been established in your own village or hometown and after your people have been colonised by the Fulanis. And so shall it be!

Well, my governor hasn't promised land for one, your governor did.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Tell me what it means in Igala and while at that, also tell me what Eke Avurugo, Ugwuebonyi and Ozara mean in Igala. Thanks
Why? Was I put on Nairaland to give you a tutorial? Check the internet for the meaning in Igala, the same way you got the name of the town from the internet!
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Well, my governor hasn't promised land for one, your governor did.
And so? Didn't you hear or see the representatives of the communities where the land are stated, rejecting it? Don't worry, I have said it before and shall repeat it here again: "...right after those cattle colonies have first been established in your own village or hometown, and after your people have been colonised by the Fulanis." And so shall it be!
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Why? Was I put on Nairaland to give you a tutorial? Check the internet for the meaning in Igala, the same way you got the name of the town from the internet!

Well, every source tells me they are Igbo communities. Sorry, your hate for Igbos won't erase that reality.

I love my fellow Anambrarians who are Igala and accept them as one but your hatred for Ndigbo won't let you acknowledge the fact that those people are Igbo. Like I said before, everybody migrated from somewhere.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

And so? Didn't you hear or see the representatives of the communities where the land are stated, rejecting it? Don't worry, I have said it before and shall repeat it here again: "...right after those cattle colonies have first been established in your own village or hometown, and after your people have been colonised by the Fulanis." And so shall it be!

Sorry, the power to grant occupancy for land rests with the governor and not the legislator who is at best exercising his constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Well, every source tells me they are Igbo communities. Sorry, your hate for Igbos won't erase that reality.

I love my fellow Anambrarians who are Igala and accept them as one but your hatred for Ndigbo won't let you acknowledge the fact that those people are Igbo. Like I said before, everybody migrated from somewhere.

(sigh) Here we go again!! sad First, your sources are wrong! Once a person disagrees with your false perspectives, you will claim he hates the Nd'Igbo. So because I refused to accept your false narrative which you have been peddling about Igala people and towns, in your bid to claim that they are Igbo, you automatically decided to play the victim card, by claiming that there is a hatred for Igbo people. Why do you take delight in playing the victim card? It is a tired, old strategy well-used by your folks. Now your band of ill-mannered clique, will come in here to recycle the same allegations of hate.

When you were wishing evil on Kogi people by praying their lands would be colonised and renamed in Fulfude, did I say you hated the Kogi people? No, I only said that what you wished for them would be visited on your own people.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Sorry, the power to grant occupancy for land rests with the governor and not the legislator who is at best exercising his constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech.
And the indigenes can always challenge the governor's claims over their land in court. Until the case is decided, the govt is restrained from trespassing on the land. A number of CofO papers have been revoked, following such court judgements, in favour of the people. Haven't you heard? It is common in Nigeria.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

(sigh) Here we go again!! sad First, your sources are wrong! Once a person disagrees with your false perspectives, you will claim he hates the Nd'Igbo. So because I refused to accept your false narrative which you have been peddling about Igala people and towns, in your bid to claim that they are Igbo, you automatically decided to play the victim card, by claiming that there is a hatred for Igbo people. Why do you take delight in playing the victim card? It is a tired, old strategy well-used by your folks. Now your band of ill-mannered clique, will come in here to recycle the same allegations of hate.

When you were wishing evil on Kogi people by praying their lands would be colonised and renamed in Fulfude, did I say you hated the Kogi people? No, I only said that what you wished for them would be visited on your own people.

When you accused me of hating the Igalas, I didn't whine. Why whining when I extended same to you? Intolerance.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by placeofallure(f): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Odingo1:

No, they are indiginous to Kogi, many Igala people are Igbos.They migrated long time ago and occupy the place just like Okun people that migrated from Yoruba to Kogi.

Yes, people will emigrate from place to place. My people, the Okuns according to history migrated from Ile-ife, several hundreds years ago. But now we are Kogites. I have followed the argument and Yes! There are Igbo speaking communities in Kogi, we share borders with the core Ibos and you cannot rule out culture crossings.

Now to the crux of the matter, we reject any cattle colony in Kogi State. The plan of Yahaya Bello and his cohorts to enslave Kogi will never see the light of day. Any persons, rich or poor, big or small, working against peaceful co-habiting in our land will not know peace. I send fire and brimstone to them, Thunder and earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and epidemics. They will writhe in pain, they will not see succour. The eleda of many of us, who has nothing but our tiny voices will cause confusion in their camps, scourge and affliction befall them, Woe Bello! Kogi will not be another Benue!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

And the indigenes can always challenge the governor's claims over their land in court. Until the case is decided, the govt is restrained from trespassing on the land. A number of CofO papers have been revoked, following such court judgements, in favour of the people. Haven't you heard? It is common in Nigeria.

Until then, cool down and start getting prepared for having Emir of Igala land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed: I Sacked 21 Commissioners Because They Can’t Play Politics / Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions / Why We Took Over Nigeria Railway’s Land –wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.