Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,974 members, 7,873,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom (23327 Views)

Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network / The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by watchindelta(m): 8:32am On Jan 22, 2018
what next
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:32am On Jan 22, 2018
zabuur:

It's Benin Republic not Benin city. And it's Glo not Nitel
kikikiki.I don die for laugh here
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Inca(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2018
...more like saving some bucks to go all in for 9mobile (etisalat Nigeria).
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by pooozeee(m): 8:40am On Jan 22, 2018
Glo network is very terrible in my arear, they have the cheapest data service but very slow and frustrating and even goes off like NEPA light

Does Indian guys handling Glo network are not up to the task

I think they are using substandard equipment at there BTS

2 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SalamRushdie: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2018
zabuur:

It's Benin Republic not Benin city. And it's Glo not Nitel
Bro you need to learn how to become a strategic thinker you can't afford to be a one dimensional thinker in this age , we have left that for cows oo.
I know alot about what goes on in the telecoms industry because I have had interest in it since I was a child ...Buharis Border policies have not been favourable to the Benin republic and they have deliberately taken it against Glo and set up deliberate measures to flush them out ..A good leader should have gotten on plane to cotonou to find out how best to resolve the issue and makes sure glo stays, remember when Buhari tried to extort and kill MTN Nigeria Jacob Zuma for on the next flight to Abuja and used international diplomacy to put a stop to Buharis shallowness and saved MTN...Buhari is not a leader at all but a fool

6 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2018
maximunimpact:
Nigerian telecom giant Globacom has been ordered to leave Benin because it has refused to pay a new licensing fee.

The Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Posts (ARCEP), which issued the order, noted that its decision was based on the Glo’s refusal to pay while others are paying.

The regulator said it had, therefore, directed Glo to stop the sale of new SIM cards and recharge cards.

Glo is required to notify its subscribers of the impending cessation of its activities and ask them to use up their available airtime and data within 30 days of the notification sent to them, according to the regulator.

“Glo Mobile will also have to maintain its passive co-location infrastructure with other operators for a period of three months,” ARCEP stated.

In September 2017, negotiations between Glo and the new administration failed.

Glo has been operating in Benin since August 2007 and has grown its market share to about 12% over the 11 years period.

If Glo finally leaves Benin, it would have been the second to leave after Bell Benin Communications SA exited some time back.

That country would then be left with MTN, Libercom, Spacetel and Moov serving subscribers in that country.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/01/21/benin-republic-sacks-nigerias-globacom/

This is what we would have done to mtn tey tey.
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by martineverest(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2018
revolt:
Our stupid president doesn't know its time to meet the Benin president, and give glo soft landing, ohhhh I forgot ...adenuga isn't Fulani or dangote.
learn to read before commenting....buhari will be the one to pay liscencing fee abi? when glo is lavishing monies on artiste
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Gamesmart: 8:44am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Another fallout of Buharis bad leadership ..I warned 7 months into Buharis tenure that Buharis style of leadership can only lead to losses for every Nigerian both young and old , rich and poor ..Nobody is spared

This is the understanding you get about economic issues and business decisions when Mama Piss is a Director in the Education Ministry.
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by martineverest(m): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2018
PrecisionFx:

This is what we would have done to mtn tey tey.
classic example of Nigerians that don't read before commenting
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by franksam2009: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2018
Are you guys too dumb to understand that Benin republic is a country whose population is not even up to Ibadan, the licensing fee is much and GLO is not making enough money there, sacking GLO will only bring unemployment to there citizens, Glo won't shake a bit

3 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by evergenuineshop: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2018
horsepower101:
Nigerian influence is withering..Its a slow but steady progression.
Glo remember etisalat
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SalamRushdie: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2018
Gamesmart:

This is the understanding you get about economic issues and business decisions when Mama Piss is a Director in the Education Ministry.

Another 1 dimensional thinker wants to challenge a prince of thoughts.. Bro go through the thread U have already addressed this shallowness you are spewing ..with this kind of thought process I swear you can never earn more than 3 million Naira a year legally except you enter corrupt practices
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by vicfy(m): 8:48am On Jan 22, 2018
I blame Buhari for Nigeria and Nigerian companies woo. In fact, I blame him for everything....even my beans that got burnt last night, I blame him.
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Chucksonline: 8:49am On Jan 22, 2018
HAH:
Glo is very good in my location, if their service is as good as here everywhere in Nigeria then they don't need a small country like Benin rep.

Cheapest and fastest network in data, glo rocks, yesterday I watched the barca match on mobdro without a single buffering
Lucky you. Very Bad in my area

2 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Lomprico2: 8:49am On Jan 22, 2018
Adenuga likes owing
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by joenor(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Man I hate when ever they put up that advert by Mofe that glo has 3.1Tbps speed, to me why can't we open google, the most simplest page on any web app page.
oblaak:
I gave up on GLO the day they told me it would take me 1 million years plus 226 days and 12 hours to download a 375mb worth of film on my phone. Would the world not have ended by then?

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by jacoik(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Another fallout of Buharis bad leadership ..I warned 7 months into Buharis tenure that Buharis style of leadership can only lead to losses for every Nigerian both young and old , rich and poor ..Nobody is spared
tho I don't like his style of leadership but is he the president of that country?
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2018
martineverest:
classic example of Nigerians that don't read before commenting
Use ur brain to comprehend.

This article is as short as number of characters limit per sms in Nigeria.
grin.
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SalamRushdie: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2018
jacoik:
tho I don't like his style of leadership but is he the president of that country?

Open your mind man ..go through the thread and I have buttressed my reason ..Stop being a 1 dimensional thinker man
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SalamRushdie: 8:55am On Jan 22, 2018
jacoik:
My response to another person ..please learn

Bro you need to learn how to become a strategic thinker you can't afford to be a one dimensional thinker in this age , we have left that for cows oo.
I know alot about what goes on in the telecoms industry because I have had interest in it since I was a child ...Buharis Border policies have not been favourable to the Benin republic and they have deliberately taken it against Glo and set up deliberate measures to flush them out ..A good leader should have gotten on plane to cotonou to find out how best to resolve the issue and makes sure glo stays, remember when Buhari tried to extort and kill MTN Nigeria Jacob Zuma for on the next flight to Abuja and used international diplomacy to put a stop to Buharis shallowness and saved MEN...Buhari is not a leader at all but a fool
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Gamesmart: 8:56am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Another 1 dimensional thinker wants to challenge a prince of thoughts.. Bro go through the thread U have already addressed this shallowness you are spewing ..with this kind of thought process I swear you can never earn more than 3 million Naira a year legally except you enter corrupt practices

You have already addressed it with your Mama Pisseconomics? grin

How much do you earn? $30m from gifts from people you can't remember? grin
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SalamRushdie: 8:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Gamesmart:

You have already addressed it with your Mama Pisseconomics? grin

How much do you earn? $30m from gifts from people you can't remember? grin

I know alot about what goes on in the telecoms industry because I have had interest in it since I was a child ...Buharis Border policies have not been favourable to the Benin republic and they have deliberately taken it against Glo and set up deliberate measures to flush them out ..A good leader should have gotten on plane to cotonou to find out how best to resolve the issue and makes sure glo stays, remember when Buhari tried to extort and kill MTN Nigeria Jacob Zuma for on the next flight to Abuja and used international diplomacy to put a stop to Buharis shallowness and saved MEN...Buhari is not a leader at all but a fool
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Chucksonline: 8:59am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Oga strategic thinker, relax na. The news just broke, why don't you wait and see if Nigerian government will intervene or not. Moreover GLO has not told you they can't handle the situation. Jacob Zuma came to Nigeria because MTN made an appeal to him. Has GLO done that? . Presidency is not a child's play oga.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SalamRushdie: 9:01am On Jan 22, 2018
Chucksonline:

Oga strategic thinker, relax na. The news just broke, why don't you wait and see if Nigerian government will intervene or not. Moreover GLO has not told you they can't handle the situation. Jacob Zuma came to Nigeria because MTN made an appeal to him. Has GLO done that? . Presidency is not a child's play oga.

It's been going on for months now and all industry watchers know ..Glo has tried to get the President to intervene but met silence . Even American Presidents are known to intervene all the time to save US companies in other countries..

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by Bigcoin(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2018
Glo should pay or leave, Nigeria did the same with MTN of southAfrica
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by jacoik(m): 9:06am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:

My response to another person ..please learn
now I understand what u mean. No vex

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by sparkwil(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2018
I smell connivance between MTN and the regulatory agencies
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SirBunky85(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
useless comment from a hater pretendind to be a patriot.isnt it now obvious dat ur silly attack on pmb is borne out of pure hatred?wats pmbs role in adenuga refusing to pay his dues?tufiakwa gi.ihere gbu o gi
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by colossus91(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2018
ordinary Benin republic wey no big reach the whole of borne wey be our waste land nawa ooo buhari I hail thee!!
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by colossus91(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2018
ordinary Benin republic wey no big reach the whole of borne wey be our waste land nawa ooo buhari I hail th we!!
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by errhis(m): 9:12am On Jan 22, 2018
Everybody blaming Buhari for everything is shallow
Re: Benin Republic Sacks Nigeria’s Globacom by SirBunky85(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2018
revolt:
Our stupid president doesn't know its time to meet the Benin president, and give glo soft landing, ohhhh I forgot ...adenuga isn't Fulani or dangote.
hypocrite.wch softlanding?instead of teln adenuga to pay his bills,u are here blaming pmb.hes busy spending money on celebrities dat adds no value to glo but fails to improve his network for betterment of d common users...ndi ara

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Register And Activate Gtbank Mobile Money Without Going To The Bank / Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / Aborted Tariff Hike: Expect Poor Data Services, Telecom Operators Tell Consumers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.