Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,844 members, 7,942,105 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

Re: My Administration Is Doing Its Best - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: My Administration Is Doing Its Best (276 Views)

The Battle Buhari Administration Is Winning By Abimbola Adelakun / Militants, Boko Haram Frustrated My Administration ― Buhari / Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: My Administration Is Doing Its Best by Olamilite: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
Few days ago, President Muhammadu Buhari gave his administration a pass mark, while playing host to the visiting President of Gambia, Mr. Adama Barrow, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. In his remarks, Buhari said that Nigerians were accepting that his administration was doing its best, even if they were doing so grudgingly.

While the criteria used by Mr President to assess performance of his administration were not disclosed, but with all known factors taken into consideration, this government has performed below expectations of Nigerians.

It will be recalled that Nigerians welcomed APC-led government in 2015 with high expectation, after rejecting PDP-led government at the poll. Alas, for more than 2 years out of four-year term mandate, Buhari -led Federal government has not just disappointed the electorates but his government has refused to take responsibilities, rather, prefer to blame the past administration for its woes.

It is very unfortunate that the many promises of APC during 2015 electioneering, upon which the citizens massively voted for the party, has remained unfulfilled, rather things are getting worse on daily basis.

A school of thought believed that, the acclaimed fight against corruption is a mere means to curtail the limbs of presumed political opponents. A closer look at the war against corruption shows that, it is more of media trial than actual prosecution of suspected looters, in the competent court of law. Members of the ruling party are seen as saints. Also, the alleged recovered money is shrouded in secrecy.

The nation's ill-oil-driven-economy is gradually coming out of recession. Though the present administration may not be blamed for this, but the administration’s actions/inactions contributed to the pitiable state of our fragile economy.

On the cogent issue of insecurity, the government claimed to have technically defeated Boko Haram insurgency, but the war torn Northeast still experiences couple of suicide bombing on weekly basis. Also, another bloodsucking group in the name of “Killer Fulani Herdsmen” poses a great security threat. Apart from the above named groups, kidnapping, arm robbery, ritual killings, and other vices are still of great security concern.

In time like this, that the nation is thinking of industrialization as a key to sustainable development, the misery behind power failure, under Buhari's watch, is yet to be unravelled. Power supply is still largely inadequate. How can industries be operational without quality power supply? While couples of road constructions made their ways to the national budget yearly, a large percentage of Nigeria's roads remain unmotorable, and railway network connects few locations within the country. Medical tourism has continued unaltered, because of lack of up-to-date medical facilities, and the few available ones are not functional.

Stakeholders in educational sector have over the years watch helplessly, the falling standard of education. Institutions of learning turn out graduates annually, into the saturated labour market. Majority of our “able and willing” youths are unemployed, and few that are employed are either losing their jobs or underemployed. Prices of goods and services are in their peak in the market.

The big question is, what has this APC-led Federal government done differently to better the lives of electorates? Mr Buhari may thinks his administration is doing its best, but in the face of reality, his administration’s best is far below expectation of a common man in the street.

I'm just thinking aloud.

http://www.olamilite.com/2018/01/re-my-administration-is-doing-its-best.html?m=0
Re: Re: My Administration Is Doing Its Best by Desyner: 4:51am On Jan 24, 2018
Buhari's arrogance is becoming obvious.

(1) (Reply)

We Need To Go Out And... / IBB- Reports Advising Buhari Not To Re-contest Is View Of Writer, Not From Me / Appeal Court Rules Nigerians Cannot Pursue Shell Spill Claim In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.