Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari (1134 Views)

Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / I Will Never Please My Children At Detriment Of Nigerians- Buhari / Senate Reacts To Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motors Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by newslinkngr: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari administration recently released details of federal government’s effort in stoping attacks and killings by Fulani herdsmen in Benue and other parts of Nigeria. Federal Government in a statement said the Herdsmen killings started since 2013 with over 190 people killed therefore ask Nigerians to stop blaming Buhari adminstration and faulting assertions that the attacks were happening because Buhari is Fulani.

My hands are clean: http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/01/federal-government-released-details-why.html

‎In a statement: “Insinuations and allegations that the attacks and killings are happening because President Buhari is Fulani are both unkind and incorrect. These attacks long predated the Buhari Government. In 2013 no fewer than nine cases of herdsmen attacks were recorded in Benue State alone, with more than 190 people killed. In 2014 there were no fewer than 16 recorded attacks, in Benue, which claimed more than 230 victims. Between January and May 2015, six attacks left more than 300 people dead, again in Benue State alone.

“This historical context is important for a proper understanding of the issue, and to avoid unnecessarily politicizing what should be regarded and dealt with as acts of criminality. These attacks have been a longstanding issue, and successive governments have struggled to contain the situation.
“The Buhari Administration is more than fully committed to bringing the cycle of violence to an end, prosecuting the attackers, and preventing further killings and attacks.

President Buhari has condemned the killings in Benue and other parts of the country and stands by his earlier directives to security agencies that all those behind wanton killings in any part of the country must be brought to book. The security agencies also have standing instructions to arrest and prosecute any and all persons found with illegal arms.

Serious Tension In Ekiti: http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/01/serious-tension-in-ekiti-as-governor.html
List of Federal Government Interventions.

The recent killings in Benue and Taraba States have elicited the following Federal responses:
1. President Buhari has met with the Governor of Benue State on the matter, to assure him of the Federal Government’s commitment to protecting farmers and communities.

2. President Buhari has directed the Inspector General of Police to relocate to Benue State.

3. On Monday January 8, 2018, the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, convened a security meeting on he issue, bringing together Federal and State government officials: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Heads of security agencies, and the Governors of the most affected States: Adamawa, Benue, Kaduna, Nasarawa, and Taraba.

4. On Wednesday January 10, 2018, the IG held a Stakeholders engagement with the Benue State Government, elders, community, religious and traditional leaders etc.
5. Since the first week of January, immediately following the January 1 attacks, the Inspector General of Police has deployed the following to the affected areas:

· Ten (10) Units of the Police Mobile Force
· Ten (10) Units of Police Special Forces (‘Tactical Operation Units’)
· Counter Terrorism Units
· Conventional Policemen.
· Police Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD)
· Special Police Joint Intelligence and Investigation Teams
· Police Aerial Surveillance Teams (Police Helicopters)

6. Five (5) Mobile Police Units deployed to protect IDPs in neighbouring Nasarawa State.
Ghana President Command: http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/01/ghana-president-command-immediate.html
7. The Nigerian Army has deployed Special Forces to Benue, Taraba, and Nasarawa States.

8. In Benue State, eight (cool suspected herdsmen are in Police custody over the recent killings, and are currently being prosecuted.
9. The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is working to establish cattle colonies across the country, in 2018. These colonies will provide grass and water for the cattle, and education and healthcare facilities for herders. They will also have Agro-Rangers deployed to secure the facilities.
10. On January 15, 2018, various past and present Benue state government officials, traditional elders and members of the House of Assembly gathered for a security meeting with the President on measures to curb violence in the state.

11. The Vice President has refuted claims that he had prior knowledge on attacks of alleged herdsmen in Logo and Guma LGAs of Benue state on Januray 1, 2018 without acting on it.

12. On January 18, 2018, the National Economic Council, which is chaired by the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has set up a committee to address the issues of conflict and violence between herdsmen and farmers in the country.

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Homeboiy: 9:38am On Jan 25, 2018
Thunder and lightening scatter that your mouth

Onye nzuzu lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by dollyjoy(f): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2018
Homeboiy:

Onye nzuzu lipsrsealed
Someone's father!
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by sarrki(m): 9:40am On Jan 25, 2018
Baba take charge

You are the commander in chief

1 Like

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Homeboiy: 9:41am On Jan 25, 2018
dollyjoy:
Someone's father!

And the people that died are someone's what? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by sarrki(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2018
Homeboiy:

Onye nzuzu lipsrsealed

You lack sense of reasoning

Your type make his ardent followers to see it as hate

That's why a lot will not jump ship

Your likes are just mere hatred, nepotism and bigotry
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by 4kDdullard: 9:42am On Jan 25, 2018
Thunder scatter your mouth and your left ear including your right eyes.You be akpa mu, anofia!
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by sarrki(m): 9:43am On Jan 25, 2018
Homeboiy:

And the people that died are someone's what? angry

Two wrongs can't make a right

That's not the way to play politics

Don't attack his person

Attack his government, policy and party with constructive argument you might make sense
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Homeboiy: 9:44am On Jan 25, 2018
sarrki:

Two wrongs can't make a right

That's not the way to play politics

Don't attack his person

Attack his government, policy and party with constructive argument you might make sense

Don't quote me again

embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by sarrki(m): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2018
4kDdullard:
Thunder scatter your mouth and your left ear including your right eyes.You be akpa mu, anofia!

That's what makes PDP to lost last election

You need to grow beyond motor park politics
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Homeboiy: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2018
sarrki:

You lack sense of reasoning

Your type make his ardent followers to see it as hate

That's why a lot will not jump ship

Your likes are just mere hatred, nepotism and bigotry

Your a synthetic slowpoke

Stop been foolish

1 Like

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by obonujoker(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2018
sarrki:

Yiu are just a nonentity.... You are the chief bigot and tribalist.... didn't yiu abuse other presidents personality.... ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by royalamour(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2018
This guy is just a dummy.
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Adeyinka12(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2018
walahi your hand is not clean , you are favouring your tribes men Fulani and running funalocracy system of government.
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by sarrki(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2018
obonujoker:

Yiu are just a nonentity.... You are the chief bigot and tribalist.... didn't yiu abuse other presidents personality.... ??

Shut up old man
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 25, 2018
dollyjoy:
Someone's father!
Other peoples fathers are getting killed because of el-dullardeen
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by obonujoker(m): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up old man

You and Alariiwo are fake omooluabis.... Oluabis always stand for truth... if Buhari chooses another VP from another region, you lot will campaign against him.... you are as selfish as the Igbos.....
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by madridguy(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2018
Ok
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by 4kDdullard: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2018
sarrki:

I believe the day you will get sense is coming, on that day it will be too late, we will be here to tell your story.Continue to defend that good for nothing shithole of a president until the day his foot soldiers will send you and all your family members to go and meet their ancestors, that is the day you will get sense but it will be too late.
What an unstable creature are you!You were here the other day after the massacre of your people in Benue, crying and swearing how you will never ever support and defend any politician, today you are singing a new song.
Your own case is beyond deliverance zombie.
Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 25, 2018
buhari should keep quite as if he is not d one supporting dis guys angry

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Hands Are Clean Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings Of Innocent Nigerians -buhari by oduastates: 11:38am On Jan 25, 2018
Nobody cares about your cleans hands .
do the jobs you were employed to do .
The Security of lives and property is the number item on the oath of office .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Vote For Fayemi, We've Modified Him, APC Leaders Tell Ekiti Electorate / BIAFRA: 20 Reasons Why 14 Sept Strike Day Will Lockdown SE SS And Western Region / Rare Pictures Of Niger Bridge Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.