Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,943 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:41 AM

Who is a Playa/Player? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who is a Playa/Player? (8226 Views)

Finally!! 10 How Too Woo A nairaland Lady Styly On Nairaland (playa guide) / 5 Type Of Girls That Guys Should Avoid +Picture (Playa Guide) / Can You Change A Playa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by sage(m): 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2005
sup guyz; just checking in. A player 4 me means a guy with money, u cant play soccer without a pitch and a ball; so the game too. Seun  u wont be too rigid if u had a girl. Find one and ul see.  We all need it at times wink wink wink smiley
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Ka: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2005
Mosiate,

I wouldn't go as far as Seun's 'if-he-gets-you-to-have-sex-before-marriage-he's-a-player defintion. It's important to remember that a player is just that - someone (man or woman) who plays around and isn't serious about settling down with you because they are only interested in sex/money/whatever. And there's no reason why someone who is serious about their intentions towards you can't still have sex before marriage with you.

To determine whether someone is a player, I would listen to whether their talk is more oriented towards the future than the present. Do they talk more about what's happening tonight, which club or restaurant you will be going to? Or do they talk more about where you will live when you are married, how your family life will be, what paths your careers will take, how your children will be raised (if you choose to have any)? And if they do, how detailed and realistic are these plans? (A player can make up superficial plans in the blink of an eye if it will get them what they want.)

But you still need to do your own work - as I'm typing this out, the players have already revised their strategies to take my words into account! smiley
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Allenpowered(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2005
Ladies and gentlemen, boiz and gals, playaz and non playaz...i think I've come to some form of concllusions based on what u guys hae been writing.

1. Women too could be playaz, better than the men...so men play harder...outdo the women grin
tayotina:
I support Cimonjorr, you guys should not think you are the only smart ones in this game. Some ladies are even better than you.

2. Not all who ask for sex before marriage are playaz
mosiate:
Seun, do now mean that any guy that is asking you for sex b/4 marriage is a player,I mean how will a relationship be complete without stuff like that,see ehn this thing is getting more and more confusing.

3. It is quite possible for everybody t be players....hmmmmmmm, how feasible that is I don't know.For example,
Seun chickened out when it mattered most... a girl on a platter of gold and he goes after Ifeoma Dyke,that is not playerlike.

4. I found out that no player on this forum divulged any of the trade secrets...this goes to show that the playaz club is very secretive and a tight commmunity.In short no one answered the question!!!

Anyother conclusions and observations are welcome.And please the gals should tell us how they play the guys...
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by legry(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2005
I have the answers and ill spill my guts for the right fee so who is ready to pay cool
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2005
big question.................
who is a player
Answer
My ex-boyfriend is one
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by jogego(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2005
Pinky:

big question.................
who is a player
Answer 
My ex-boyfriend is one

If Pinky's ex is a Player,

does that not mean that

Pinky is a Playee

so pinky has been played tongue
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2005
Theres this guy that told me once within an hour of our first meeting that he wants to marry me and another who told me that he will come and present  his quest for marriage to me at so so so time,well how did i react?i just smiled and took it all with a pinch of salt.

When a guy tells you that he wants 2 marry you and he loves you and you are meant 2 be together within days(some don't even wait that long) of your first meeting, then i say my dear ladies that there is something definitely fishy,git??
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Seun(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2005
It simply means that the guy is not experienced in the dating game. In other words, you have nothing to fear. Just become his friend and teach him the basics so he can 'try again later' tongue.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by dominobaby(f): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2005
men......... you guys have me rolling on the floor with laughter.
playas wud keep playn.......
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 9:49am On Jun 12, 2005
stababy:

Theres this guy that told me once within an hour of our first meeting that he wants to marry me and another who told me that he will come and present his quest for marriage to me at so so so time,well how did I react?I just smiled and took it all with a pinch of salt.

stababy, this guys u re talking about are not palyers o!! this is not a definition of player... they are just dumb toasters....
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by tayotina(f): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2005
You know one funny thing bout players, they are ROMANTIC. They would always make you come for more, they know how to play their cards so much so that you the lady would not even suspect a thing. And when you find out they would always come crawling at your feet, whispering sweet nothings in your ears.

About 2 or 3 of my ex's were players, I mean big time players. So guys don't think we don't know your tricks. We do. tongue
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2005
tayotina:

You know one funny thing bout players, they are ROMANTIC. They would always make you come for more, they know how to play their cards so much so that you the lady would not even suspect a thing. And when you find out they would always come crawling at your feet, whispering sweet nothings in your ears

she's the bum..... tayo u cant be more right!! i wish i could get another name for ROMANTIC for all this crazy players......
its so unfortunate that all this players re many in town & we girls like sugar coated toasters....wen indeed they re nothing but PLAYERS
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by tayotina(f): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2005
That is the problem we have Pinky. Girls would always be on the look out for handsome guys (remember beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder). And I tell you these guys know how to find their way into a lady's heart. They would make sure you are hooked then they start messing up.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by jogego(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2005
anybody think the problem has to do with ladies who know we are lieing but still swallow it all up? When men tell u the truth, you guys dont jell so, tell her what she wants to hear so u can get what u want to get
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2005
jogego:

tell her what she wants to hear so you can get what you want to get
so u re part of the guys we are talking about.. i need to change ur user name from jogego to joego-player
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by mosiate(f): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2005
I think I'm getting to know more about a player,
1) They are lairs.
2) They are romantic.
3) They are handsome.
4) They can do anything to get into a ladies pant.

Ladies beware of this type of guys they deadly and dangerous even more than HIV. Shine your eyes well well ohooo.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by jogego(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2005
Pinky:

jogego link=topic=432.msg5127#msg5127 date=1118658376:

Tell her what she wants to hear so you can get what you want to get.
so you re part of the guys we are talking about.. I need to change your user name from jogego to jogego-player

Typical. So thats all you saw in my post abi? The one about you girls following a guy even when you know he is lying nko? No comments abi? The truth is always a bitter pill to swallow.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2005
Jogego unfortunately, yes, that's the only part i can see o!! Too bad
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by bell(m): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2005
allen ,EFCC can not do anything in this issue,the main is that tell us your tricks and your styles so that we ladies  will know how to avoid you peopple.

Mosiate you funny o !!! make butcher show cow trick. You don hear that before? I dont mean to offend ladies by this expression, but coming to think about it a girl who falls for a player's tricks acts like one (a cow). They are simple, just lies, a right thinking lady should just look and look hard, not fall for superficial things. However the one way to not be played ladies is avoid sex before marriage, this is coming from a brother, if you fall you are on your own o!!!
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Seun(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2005
I agree with bell. A lady simply cannot distinguish between a genuine lover and someone who just wants to sleep with her, so the only thing she can do is to say no to premarital sex.

So everyone, please vote for the virgins and say no to premarital sex!
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by IAH(f): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2005
But come to think of it, I like somebody who WAS a player before he changed! Ok, I always like ODD things but I just like the thought that so many women struggled and are still struggling to have what I have. You know, this kind of thought - "that handsome, romantic guy every girl dreams of is MINE for keeps!" rolleyes
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2005
You re wrong .."that handsome, romantic guy every girl dreams of !" rolleyes doesnt make him a player at all. He might just be cool with a nice charm making ladies want him like emad, but that ain't justifying him as a player.

A player is someone who finds it very very hard to stick to a girl, he's got flings upon flings with no commitment. So if your guy's with you & he's staying, then my dear, he's not a player.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by kodewrita(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2005
I believe the best players are the ones who  make you believe that sex is inevitable and end up making you agree or worse they manipulate you until you offer it to them

@mosiate there are no formulas, rulebooks or stated tactics involved.players only have guiding principles like  " give her enough to deliver what i want but not enough to stop me from running when i want"

@Seun I haven't heard about this "Marriage @ 30 "project. whatever it is , let me advise you to rescind that decision before you become an "aristo"  so that you won't pay for whats free right now. As the lead actor in road trip said "the window of opportunity to date, have sex and take advantage of young freshmen is getting smaller by the day. " grin

N.B don't crucify me , i saw that in a film.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Vieira(m): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2005
kodewrita:

"the window of opportunity to date, have sex and take advantage of young freshmen is getting smaller by the day. " grin

grin grin

very very true o, make person make hay while the sun shines jare!

Little fact: A man's sexual peak is 17, so after that everything is down hill, by 30 you go don they struggle o!
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by sage(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2005
i aint seen a player without money so why do women complain.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by sage(m): 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2005
the chicks want the money and the guyz the sex, simply put no father christmas. The guyz called players arenormally guyz with cash and around women who want guyz with cash. There r very few poor playerz
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by mosiate(f): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2005
sage how come you know mucch about a player,are you one of them?
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by sage(m): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2005
mosiate r u telling me u dont know, i thought everybody did. u dont find much girls that would say a poor ugly guy played them. women alwayz want money and thatz y they alwayz fall 4 the playerz
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by mosiate(f): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2005
sage,guys thougt girl how to play?do you agree.
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by sage(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2005
maybe, but thier never ending taste 4 more money is the main reason y they r played
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by Pinky(f): 3:13am On Jun 22, 2005
sage:

I aint seen a player without money so why do women complain.
i have seen 1...
Re: Who is a Playa/Player? by mosiate(f): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2005
Pinky:

sage link=topic=432.msg6804#msg6804 date=1119371641:

I aint seen a player without money so why do women complain.
I have seen 1...
pinky if i may ask who?your ex?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

South African Lady In Love With Igbo Man - Desperate For Advice Please / GUYS ONLY: How Much Is Pussy In Your Area? / The Best Monikers On Nairaland You Have Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.