Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,649 members, 7,951,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Celtel:the Wacked Network! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel:the Wacked Network! (1244 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Which Network Is The Best: Glo, MTN, Celtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel:the Wacked Network! by Lolyda(f): 11:04am On Mar 05, 2007
CELTEL,naija's worst service provider!they charge d highest tariff(70k/sec within their network & 80k/sec to other network),the free gprs is off on some of my peeps' phone(though i still enjoy it) & worst of all charges 10NGN for transferring credit irrespective of the amount!WE HAVE MOVE A MOTION "BOYCOTT" what's your opinion
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by drogba(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2007
useless network
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by gbadex1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2007
Rof-lmao! Couldn't have said it better. . . .
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by cushman(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2007
All you celtel haters out there, You don't know whats good when you see one
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by drogba(m): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2007
Tell us what's good make we know. All I can see is that Celtel doesn't offer any value added service that is more valuable than other GSM service providers, so why charge higher? By the time Mubadala and Transcorp start trying to grab market share, it will be at the expense of Celtel which will gradually get relegated to the back seat of GSM in Nigeria if they don't wake up and realize that prices need to be changed.
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by kitaun(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2007
Up Celtel . . .yeye people just boring into our pockets leaving gaping holes, down with them
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by mukadas(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2007
Celtel 4 life ! #i am still enjoyïng my wap browsing #i do collect 6 free sms to any network monthly #10 please call me back daily #free costumer care #reactivate ur line with N500 and collect N500 credit what else are u waiting ? U better find another thing to say
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by Mustay(m): 12:16am On Mar 13, 2007
" lolyda; it's like u knew d word on my mind;wacked! i hear that the 6 sms is now restricted 2 celtel to celtel lines! haba! vmobile was still better thanthis. their 111 is worse off. If they wanna charge 4 gprs, y cant they do so. Right now i can surf on ma fone cos the are upgrading their f*****g system. sms is still 15 box. b4 u say
jack, 111 sef 'll start incurring expenses, wackiest network devilreward 'em!
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by ckc(m): 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2007
leave celtel alone 4 christ's sake.they r not begging u pple to use them.and stop spreading false info that sms is now restricted to 2 celtel to celtel.i used my 6 free txt this month to mtn,so wht are u talking abt.if u hate d network simply leave and stop spreading false info abt them.
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by mukadas(m): 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2007
U better stop what u do not know free seeker,if they say they are doing free calls i know u will use it
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by cabali(m): 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2007
Y'all need to see this link for the latest tariff reduction for celtel

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-45686.0.html
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by femionasan(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2007
Celtel is now the network with the cheapest tariffs in Nigeria.
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by cabali(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2007
U can say that again and again!!!!
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by drogba(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2007
well, i dont know why it took them so long to come up with this new tariff structure. i'm yet to do my calculations to find out which network has the best plan. i guess i'll keep my MTN and relegate my glo line which will be replaced by Celtel. They have finally woken up.
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by toksdara(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2007
CELTELS UNITY TARIFF IS DECEPTIVE!

With the new simply smooth, simply smart and simply special, it's all rubbish. Why 100 Naira for migration when it was free for the initial migration of Glo and MTN. I stand to be corrected!

Calls to other within the network ought to be cheaper than to other networks or operators. That's the way it is done all over the world. You can check websites of Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orascom, O2 and Orange

This is because, all calls within the network is at NO COST AT ALL to the network since it is within. It's calls to other networks that is a COST to them. This is because of the INTERCONNECT RATES attached when a network terminates on another network.

Hence, if network operators don't charge at all for INTRA NETWORK CALLS, it's at no cost to them. That explains why Glo and MTN where able to give free MIDNIGHT ON-NET calls because it was it didn't have INTERCONNECT RATES attached to that. That also explains easier ON-NET text messages (e.g. Glo2glo and so on).

So overall, CELTEL's call rates are higher than those of other networks when it look at it statistically. Check the call rates of Celtel, Glo and MTN on each of their websites compair them with an analytical, statistical and mathematical mind to see Celtel is the most expensive! Besides, for now, CELTEL has the smallest suscriber group of the 3 of about 7 million people with GLO and MTN having over 12 million and 14 million people respectively!

Is it true that the minimum transaction which one can make with Celtel's Me2u is 1000 Naira? Glo started it all with 'Glo Me2u'. Later, MTN changed d name to 'MTN Sell and Share'. Celtel simply came out with Celtel's Me2u.

Please respond or educate me! Remember, I stand to be corrected! Thanks!
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by cabali(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2007
All celtel branches in africa call it me2u and thats b4 Glo came to existence so forget the title, celtel had it years ago.

The minimum u can send using celtel me2u is N1 (one naira) and there isnt a maximum limit

Celtel has the most interconnect prizes now and that is known!!!

they can go lower but they have to be careful with congestion if they do so. It is always better to expand before tariff drop
Re: Celtel:the Wacked Network! by ChieFoH(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2007
celtel is RaZZ starcomms for life!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Using Phone As Webcam / New Apple Iphone 4s Goes On Sale Oct. 14 / Bold 9700 Refuses To Accept Sim Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.