Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,738 members, 7,918,278 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:34 AM

Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF (7695 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? / Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Nwogeneugo: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
NOT A BAD LIST BUT I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THE EXCLUSION OF RABIU IBRAHIM.
FOR THOSE CALLING FOR A TOTATL OVERHUAL LIKE CHIEF ONIGBINDE DID, NOT FEASIBLE.
I RESPECT THIS LIST BECAUSE IT SHOWS A LOT OF COMMON SENSE.
I REALLY LIKE THE INCLUSION OF BROWN IDEYE, WE DO NOT HAVE A GOOD HEADER IN OUR
TEAM AND WE GET AT LEAST 5/6 GOOD HEADING SITUATIONS PER MATCH SO IF ONLY FOR HIS ABILITY TO
HEAD I PRAY THAT IDEYE GETS INTO THE FINAL 23MAN LIST EVEN AHEAD OF THE YAK.
YAKUBU SHOULD JUST GO AND REST. IT IS ALSO NICE THAT FEMI AJILORE IS THERE, HE SHOULD HAVE
GONE TO AFCON.
ALL IN ALL NOT A BAD LIST BUT JOHN UTAKA---- undecided shocked WELL;- JEHOVA BU EZE
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by GNBohr: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2010
Finally, the world cup result for Nigeria is here and out. With this list and crop of players, Nigeria is out in the first round. We can not beat Argentina, we can not beat South Korea, we may possibly draw with Greece.

Largerback can not create something out of nothing. We have known it long before now, Nigeria has no player to perform at the World Cup level but we refuse to face that reality. Am happy the reality has stared us in the face.

Every football watching and loving Nigerian can easily predict the final 23 players for the mundial. Without being unnecessarily sentimental and patriotic or even parochial, we have no team to prosecute the tournament.

The team that will come out of this list will only be good for participation and not for competition. That is the most painfull reality. Let's hope they will go down fighting and give us some exciting display to cheer about. Don't count on any progressive result.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by bisiaet: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
The list is not all that bad the only thing is that it's now left to him, Lagerbacks to choose who and who will make the 23 men squad for South Africa but I belief he will do his best to pick the right player and I am also happy at least he included some homebase player to try their chance as well is a good development because all these tired legs need rest for God sake, the recycling as gone too long it should be stop,
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by WarHorse1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
Please, someone explain, what is Aiyegbeni doing there?

He is too heavy on the ground and lacks the drive of player like Osaze and Obasi.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by phoenixsta: 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
War Horse:

Please, someone explain, what is Aiyegbeni doing there?

He is too heavy on the ground and lacks the drive of player like Osaze and Obasi.

I understand your feel but what would your comment be over Danny SHITTU he is more than heavy i think you need to look at the two of them and compare, lol grin grin
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by WarHorse1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2010
phoenixsta:

I understand your feel but what would your comment be over Danny SHITTU he is more than heavy i think you need to look at the two of them and compare, lol grin grin

phoenixsta

Don't mind me. I am too attack minded. For me o, attack is the best defense.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by snowdrops(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
tayo_ast:

out injured. If wont make it in time 4 d WC

some pple want everybody 2 make d list, why?

& u guys shd stop attackin each other

A bloke typing in pink shocked cheesy
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by deb(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
Where is Rabiu Ibrahim on the list?
How about Nsofor?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Iyineda(m): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
deb:

Where is Rabiu Ibrahim on the list?
How about Nsofor?

You may want to take a better look at the list. embarassed
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by shockreaction(m): 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
Why the hell is Yakubu Aiyegbeni on that list?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by MeGaStReEt: 3:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
Where is Nedum Onuoha of Manchester City?

Okaka Chuka of Fulham

Victor Moses of Wigan Athletic
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by eros(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2010
No matter the number of players, these unpatriotic animals still wouldn't go past the preliminary stage. angry angry angry
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by ojlapel(m): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
Let me begin by asking all of us what makes a good team.even if U both hand your selections to Lagerback & they lack team work,dedication,good tactical instructor that can turn games around,oh! they will be humiliated at the mundial.but,if,they posseses all these & the final list turns out to be 23 homebase players,believe me they'll be able to face any team in the world irrespected of players they paraded.so pray for Lagerback & his technical crew.also learn to respect each others personality.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by OvieE: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
ojlapel:

Let me begin by asking all of us what makes a good team.even if U both hand your selections to Lagerback & they lack team work,dedication,good tactical instructor that can turn games around,oh! they will be humiliated at the mundial.but,if,they posseses all these & the final list turns out to be 23 homebase players,believe me they'll be able to face any team in the world irrespected of players they paraded.so pray for Lagerback & his technical crew.also learn to respect each others personality.

Thank you. OF all the comments here, you are the only one who nailled it. I do not know what is wrong with the list of players here. Individually, each player is good on his own term in their respective club. Is up to the coach to use the players effectively. People talk of Argentina good team and Nigeria being out the first round. Who is Argentina? Because they have players with names doesn't make them king. Together Argentina is sucks. Until the game is played, everything is 50-50. Mouth do not play the game. Do you all think that Argentina is happy having Nigeria all the time. Nigeria has nothing to prove but Argentina since they are considered one of the favorite to with the world cup. Argentina will loss to Nigeria. If anyone doubt my believe, we all will know my prediction on June 12. You all should sit down and really analyze both teams in term of games they play together as a team not in their individual club. If USA can beat Spain the favorite at the confideration cup and nearly win Brazil, who will say names win games.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by sley4life(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
nice list. Yak should stay back
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Parnassuss(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

Where is Nedum Onuoha of Manchester City?

Okaka Chuka of Fulham

Victor Moses of Wigan Athletic

Idea my guy, i don't care if they made all the shakara in the world, we should lick their boots this once to get them. Seeing Eneramo and Yak on that list churns my stomach, even with the best strategy, raw talent and skill finally decides the day in a close tie. Shite man, i see Yobo, Martins, Kano and that arrogant turd Lukman, world cup is gonna an ulcer i know. sad
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Princek12(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
At least Largerback named a 44-man list from which he will pick his final world-cup bound team, after training camp. Amodu, on the other hand, would have named his world cup team without, or before, training camp,  or without any justification, which is a foolish and senseless move.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by citee(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
I agree with those who say this list is not different from what Amodu would have drawn up. I know there is no time for Lagerback to go in search of un-tested materials, but for Gods sake what ever happened to Nedum Onuoha who clearly expressed his desire to play for Nigeria?We are really lacking in our defence line and that ought to be of great concern to Mr Lagerback. Except Lagerback knows what he is not telling us about the likes of Onuoha, Victor Moses etc, the list is depressing to say the least!!!!!!!!!!! sad sad sad
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by olaitan009: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
I believe dt nigeria can do well in south africa 2010
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by tayoast(m): 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
snowdrops:

A bloke typing in pink shocked cheesy

thats not pink
u need 2 c an optician ASAP
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Iyineda(m): 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2010
citee:

I agree with those who say this list is not different from what Amodu would have drawn up. I know there is no time for Lagerback to go in search of un-tested materials, but [b]for Gods sake what ever happened to Nedum Onuoha who clearly expressed his desire to play for Nigeria?[/b]We are really lacking in our defence line and that ought to be of great concern to Mr Lagerback. Except Lagerback knows what he is not telling us about the likes of Onuoha, Victor Moses etc, the list is depressing to say the least!!!!!!!!!!! sad sad sad

Think again >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8627741.stm
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by BloodShed1: 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2010
Gabriel Reuben (Enyimba, Nigeria),

Ahmed Musa, Solomon Okpako (Kano Pillars, Nigeria), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland FC)

Does anybody know anything about these players? Are any of them playmaker-type players?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by tayoast(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
Blood_Shed:

Ahmed Musa, Solomon Okpako (Kano Pillars, Nigeria), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland FC)

Does anybody know anything about these players? Are any of them playmaker-type players?

Bartholomew
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by DisGuy: 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
Blood_Shed:

Ahmed Musa is a racy winger /Striker
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by OvieE: 1:15am On Apr 20, 2010
Iyineda:

Think again >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8627741.stm

Don't mind them jar.  Nedum Onuoha stated he doesn't want to play for Nigeria and yet some idiots people are still asking why  Nedum Onuoha  in not included. People citee needs to read more often about what is going on.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by BloodShed1: 2:57am On Apr 20, 2010
tayo_ast:

Bartholomew

So the only playmaker type is a local guy who is unlikely to make the final 23?

NONSENSE

How good is this guy?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by ow11(m): 7:11am On Apr 20, 2010
I do hope Ahmed Musa makes the final 23. He is our Robben!

I am satisfied with the squad. No strange names although our oyibo Nigerians are still stalling. They can all go to hell for all we care. Anyone who isn't willing to die on the field wearing the green doesn't deserve a seat on that plane!

However, I don't want to see Olofinjana or Aluko in the final squad. Why isn't Victor Namo the midfielder that wrecked Ahly last year on any list (A or B)? Did he loose form?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by honeric01(m): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2010
ow11:

Why isn't Victor Namo the midfielder that wrecked Ahly last year on any list (A or B)? Did he loose form?

i dont even know where he plays now.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by enzo01(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2010
well, ! let see how it gose, but bibstill belive that lagerback should have included ogunshoto he has proven himself to be a good striker, at list he should have given him the opportunity to showcase himself.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by waledoy(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2010
the list is okay what we need is a team not individual player
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by marketsale(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2010
May God help Nigeria in South Africa
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Nescoemmy(m): 11:13am On Apr 20, 2010
there is nothing special about the team am suprised he did not include our 2 exceptional best under 20 players

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Will You Watch Today's Match? / Is Arbitrage Possible In Betting In Nigeria? Show Proof Please. / Basketball Winning Mathematical Trick For High Winning Percentage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.