Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,188 members, 7,890,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF (7684 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? / Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by sim1050: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2010
www.greatbooks.350.com
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by ducci: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2010
my basic problem with this list is that it is too large.Also,while the injection of some home based players is commendable,i dont see a diference with the former lads,maybe we wait till the final 23.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by 12large: 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
this largerback guy is a criminal, imagine taking 1.5million and he did not even do any research on nigerian team, because if he did a natural playmaker would have been called up. i don't know why kanu is called up even ronaldo,raul,seedorf players that have achived more than kanu for their national teams is not called up because they are not in form, then a lazy idiot like kanu that have not scored any goal in 6 nations cups is called up. let me imagine a 23 man squad that lagerback might take just midfiel and defence

midfield
mikel etuhu,keita,lukman,ayila,olofijana

forward
utaka,eneramo,yakubu,obasi,obinna,martins,kanu,osaze

so imagine if largerback actually take this useless squad then we should ask ourself is he worth 1.5 million the answer is no. all these exexpericence excuse that people are using is total rubbish. rabiu ibrahim and emmanuel ekpo are better than those useless 5 defensive midfilders but because they are not expericenced they should not go to world cup. if yakubu likes let him score 20000 goals for everton but for nigeria he is still absolutely useless. if lagerback have done his research he would have called edward ofere but he did not instead he calls up new useless players like sam sodje,sone aluko,john utaka,m micheal odibe instead of ibrahim and ekpo. the swedish bastard should tell me if sodje,odibe,aluko is better than obinna,obasi,apam and adeleye. the only positive thing from this list is haruna lukman.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by chelseabmw(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2010
i do not see diff btw amoudo and lagerback
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2010
12large:

this largerback guy is a criminal, imagine taking 1.5million

Did he deep hand inside your pocket?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by BloodShed1: 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
I still cant believe Rabiu Ibrahim and more attacking midfielders arent included.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by member479760: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
In fact, this Largerback has nothing good to offer than following up the corruption we are practising. Kanu - again?
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by raptainer(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
Just hapy peter utaka was included cos his form is terrifying
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Parnassuss(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2010
Just found out Nedum O chose the path of indecisiveness, still waiting on England eh, he'll up like Miss Havisham, but Lars better have some ace up his sleeve, just for his own good. These are all Okay players, its how he impacts them that most counts, the Chosen One has proven this time and time again.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by snowdrops(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2010
raptainer:

Just hapy peter utaka was included cos his form is terrifying
Am i missing somthing? I thought it was John Utaka
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by mode9007: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2010
the list is not bad, the final 23 will give an insight to who lagerback is, I see at least 17 players from the ACN making the list, with Ik uche, HARUNA LUKMAN or FEMI AJILORE, , ADEBAYO OLUFEMI,, DELE ADELEYE,, a keeper or any home based player, could be in the list
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by stede(m): 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
;d
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by tayoast(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2010
and there's uncertainty abt d camp site
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by zulutravel: 8:14pm On May 02, 2010
I really dont understand what formation is LARS going to play @ d W/C 4-3-3/4-4-2/5-4-1.

D midfielders are meaningly defensive minded players even mikel inclusive but i feel haruna would be a good impact to dat team, we need like 2 more attacking midfieders (ekpo, rabiu).

The likes of Danny Shittu/Sam Sodje might not work in dat defense line-up;

Kanu should go for a rest
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by Kgdavid(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2010
why r u guys all anti kanu? i think its unfair stereotype tbh. kanu played two games at the last nations cup. in the first match against egypt he was brought on in the last ten minutes as nigeria were fighting to score against very fast players. the pace of the game was too much for him and he could not settle down. n the second game, kanu started and in my opinion he was the best player n the pitch. he was able to take the game at his own pace. kanu is not about running here and there anymore, the guy i just a genius with the ball at his feet and a good coach might still be able to use him. look at giggs at united at the age of 36. he hardly ever plays on the flank as he has lost his pace but his intelligence and experience are still very useful. same goes for Kanu.
Re: Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF by honeric01(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2010
Lars Lagerback to name Nigeria squad on Monday
Lagerback returns, names 30

Posted: 2010-05-08 18:20

Nigeria Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback is due back in Abuja on Sunday and will name his 30-man squad on Monday after a meeting with the Technical Committee of the NFF.

According to NFF Chief Media Officer Ademola Olajire, the 30 players named in Monday evening’s press conference at the NFF Secretariat will be the group to be treated to the send forth being planned by the Nigeria Football Federation with President Goodluck Jonathan.

The send forth will take place at the Congress Hall of the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja on May 20.

The 30 players will also be the ones to travel to London for a pre-World Cup training camp, at the Five Lakes and Golf Country Club, Colchester Road, Tolleshunt Knights, Maidon, Essex from May 21, and play international friendlies against Saudi Arabia in Austria (May 25) and Colombia in London (May 30).

However, it is the group that makes the final cut of 23 that will prosecute the last friendly match, against North Korea in South Africa on June 4, eight days to Nigeria’ first match against Argentina at Johannesburg’s Ellis Park.

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/15277/lagerback-returns-names-30.php

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Football Bet Tips For Everyone / Guys How Do I Know My Bet9ja Ticket Is Won / Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.