Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,761 members, 7,930,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:01 PM

Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April (14441 Views)

Poll: Who will win the first leg

Inter Milan: 36% (4 votes)
Barcelona: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

UCL : FC Copenhagen Vs Chelsea [0 - 2] On Tue 22nd February 2011 / Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 / Manchester United vs West Ham [3 - 0] On Tue, 23rd Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by honeric01(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
Imeobong:

you got it wrong s.u.c.k.e.r check my profile, I am Inter to the bone, and number one Mourinho fan back in Poto-Chelsea-Inter-RealMadrid-Man U

Jose is the way man, like him or hate him he's simply the best ( man opinion though) but Pep confirm it in his pre-match at least he's better than you (thats if u have a contrary opinion)
F.U.C.U looser

oh, you're an inter fan because mourinho came to Inter not because of Inter right? that means you don't have a club, any club that mourinho goes to automatically becomes your club, keep it up bro, didn't know you have fans like that, it's good to be a coach pauper.

like i said, after the next match, we shall continue, for now, adios. cool
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
honeric01:

oh, you're an inter fan because mourinho came to Inter not because of Inter right? that means you don't have a club, any club that mourinho goes to automatically becomes your club, keep it up bro, didn't know you have fans like that, it's good to be a coach pauper.

must u reply everthing? undecided
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by johnterry4: 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
honeric01:

aww, take heart eh, there's always a next season for EPL teams, sorry eh, too bad we got you dumped out of the  UCL (I'm definitely sure you're an arsenal fan, prove me wrong).

we will continue after the 2nd leg okay? for now, take a chill pill and beware of HBP. grin grin grin grin

khanye:

^^^the guy is a Buffoon grin

UR FATHER IS  A FOOOOOOL

@kobikwelu ,
DONT FORGET THAT PEP BOUGHT IBRA FOR OVER 70M POUNDS(FORTY SOMETHING  PLUS ETO) AND MAXWELL.HE IS A bleeping RACIST.PEDRO FOR HENRY,BUSQUEST FOR YAYA TOURE,MAXWELL FOR ABIDAL,IBRA FOR ETO.OMG.HE IS A GAMBLER.HE WON JACKPOT LAST YR BUT HIS LUCK HAS RUN OUT.ITS TIME FOR THE BEST COACH TO RULE.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by kobikwelu(m): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
DONT FORGET THAT PEP BOUGHT IBRA FOR OVER 70M POUNDS(FORTY SOMETHING PLUS ETO) AND MAXWELL.HE IS A bleeping RACIST.PEDRO FOR HENRY,BUSQUEST FOR YAYA TOURE,MAXWELL FOR ABIDAL,IBRA FOR ETO.OMG.HE IS A GAMBLER.HE WON JACKPOT LAST YR BUT HIS LUCK HAS RUN OUT.ITS TIME FOR THE BEST COACH TO RULE.

johnterry, read ur post cry cry cry especially the boldened part,

a gambler gambled to six trophies in a season- it haas never happened before.

oga take eit easy, when ur posting, dont be carried away.

he has belief in his players and his system.

ps: about the eto and ibra swap, google it and checkout the details before believing what u see on nigerian sport papers,

eto had a yr on his contract while ibra still had 5yrs (cos he just signed a conttract extension) both players were valued based on their existing contracts.
on a level field, both had the same value (pound for pound) -so both could be swapped on free bosman transfer without any cash gratifications. but the extra pay was for buying out the remaining period in ibra's contract.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Johnnny(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
bisiaet:

So delighted they lost despite I am a Barca Fans. Because PEOPLE tend to make Barca look like the club is super human and people make Messi look as if is from another planet calling him the greatest player of all time which even Argentina his country qualify for world cup through help of God so where was he yesterday? I said it on and on Barca or Messi is space player if the space is choke off him or Barca as a team the will not do anything and that was the exact what Inter did last night good for Barca they will know now they are not alien at all they are homan with normal blood in them and never always belief you are the best and always you have to win and I 'm sure if care not taking they will loose at home.

Pity! Pity!!
Now I see some people are just so confused they dont even think before typing rubbish.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by nedusman: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
is not game over is still game on inter beware of the magic of messi
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
odiaero:

must u reply everthing? undecided

And how is it your problem? i respond to what i wish to respond to so keep off or are you paying my internet bills?
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Imeobong(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
johnterry4:

your FATHER IS  A FOOOOOOL

@kobikwelu ,
DONT FORGET THAT PEP BOUGHT IBRA FOR OVER 70M POUNDS(FORTY SOMETHING  PLUS ETO) AND MAXWELL.HE IS A bleeping RACIST.PEDRO FOR HENRY,BUSQUEST FOR YAYA TOURE,MAXWELL FOR ABIDAL,IBRA FOR ETO.OMG.HE IS A GAMBLER.HE WON JACKPOT LAST YR BUT HIS LUCK HAS RUN OUT.ITS TIME FOR THE BEST COACH TO RULE.

again, ghammmmm!!!! God bless u my guy!

bisiaet:

So delighted they lost despite I am a Barca Fans. Because PEOPLE tend to make Barca look like the club is super human and people make Messi look as if is from another planet calling him the greatest player of all time which even Argentina his country qualify for world cup through help of God so where was he yesterday? I said it on and on Barca or Messi is space player if the space is choke off him or Barca as a team the will not do anything and that was the exact what Inter did last night good for Barca they will know now they are not alien at all they are homan with normal blood in them and never always belief you are the best and always you have to win and I 'm sure if care not taking they will loose at home.

God bless you Unlike this honeric01 guy you are a good looser

honeric01:

Ofcourse I can't be different from the football world, go and check again, before he arrive EPL, the focus of the football world was on Spain and Italy, after his arrival in EPL, the football world attention shifted to Spain and EPL, Italy then shifted to a third position. Mourinho made EPL what it is today, he set the bench mark after which EPL teams started dominating europe, also before now, who use to watch Italian Calcio? but because of Mourinho, the whole world now watch Italian football and its not by mistake that no other Italian team is in Europe now except Morinho's team.

Go Jose!!!! Mourinho all the way!!!!!  grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by richjohn1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Honeric01
I decided to comment on this thread because I saw your criticism of the EPL am not a fan of english football thouh am a ManU fan I hate english football the National team included but dont mention Spainish league better than the EPL its beats me  that the gap between the 1st 2 teams and the 3rd position is an astonishing 25 points is that what you call a league? Where is the competition of other teams? We have a big 4 in england at least, can you say that in Spain? apart from Barca AND Real Madrid which other spanish eam as conquered europe? where is the passion? IMO the sweetest league is still the italian league the only issue are the empty stadia.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by AjanleKoko: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2010
While I am a Barca fan, I'll still go ahead to present my objective views of the game:

1. Barcelona are not so good on the road, or at least have not been this year. They have won only one game away, to Dynamo Kiev 2-1. A stronger side, and the story would have been entirely different for that game.

2. Whether they like to admit it or not, the long road trip must have played a role in the loss. I mean, I've not seen Barca look so disjointed in a long time. They really looked tired. These games are high-pressure. There's no way you can travel 14 hours on the road, and still go 100%, at this level. I guess they don't want to be seen as making excuses.

3. Mourinho certainly knew how to break up the play. Barca play a high offside line, and they often get caught on the break. I was expecting to see more of the 1st half formation against Real Madrid. That would have guaranteed a packed middle, balls keenly contested, and then the more visionary strikers will punish any slip-ups. That did not happen for Barca.

Pep obviously is following the textbook offside plan, but he should consider he is dealing with human officials, not machines, else he will continue to concede cheap goals.

4. Bad refereeing (Inter's good fortune I guess, since Barca had same last year at the same stage) had some role to play as well.

5. Messi wasn't really marked out, he was just not in the game per se. Somehow the boy was just not up to it on the night. So much for people who says he carries the hope of Barca on his shoulders. Me I just think he's one of the cleverest strikers in the modern game, and will punish you if he gets the chance.

I think we will see a different type of game at the Camp Nou. Jose will definitely try to sit back and wait for the break, like he did against Chelsea, knowing that Barca will come out. Barca will definitely play their game, and may just achieve the two unreplied goals. But they need to raise the level to something beyond what we have seen all season. Pep has to sit down with his co-gaffers, and analyse Inter, as well as his team's apparent weaknesses. They have the spirit and they're hungry for it this season. But they're no complete side.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Imeobong(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
honeric01:

And how is it your problem? i respond to what i wish to respond to so keep off or are you paying my internet bills?

lol, sorry , ooooo, just learn to accept defeat. I knw u've not slept since last nite just take a nap, it will help, ohh!!

Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Johnnny(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ Ajanlekoko

Good talk, I agree with you all the way
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2010
AjanleKoko:

While I am a Barca fan, I'll still go ahead to present my objective views of the game:

1. Barcelona are not so good on the road, or at least have not been this year. They have won only one game away, to Dynamo Kiev 2-1. A stronger side, and the story would have been entirely different for that game.

2. Whether they like to admit it or not, the long road trip must have played a role in the loss. I mean, I've not seen Barca look so disjointed in a long time. They really looked tired. These games are high-pressure. There's no way you can travel 14 hours on the road, and still go 100%, at this level. I guess they don't want to be seen as making excuses.

3. Mourinho certainly knew how to break up the play. Barca play a high offside line, and they often get caught on the break. I was expecting to see more of the 1st half formation against Real Madrid. That would have guaranteed a packed middle, balls keenly contested, and then the more visionary strikers will punish any slip-ups. That did not happen for Barca.

Pep obviously is following the textbook offside plan, but he should consider he is dealing with human officials, not machines, else he will continue to concede cheap goals.

4. Bad refereeing (Inter's good fortune I guess, since Barca had same last year at the same stage) had some role to play as well.

5. Messi wasn't really marked out, he was just not in the game per se. Somehow the boy was just not up to it on the night. So much for people who says he carries the hope of Barca on his shoulders. Me I just think he's one of the cleverest strikers in the modern game, and will punish you if he gets the chance.

I think we will see a different type of game at the Camp Nou. Jose will definitely try to sit back and wait for the break, like he did against Chelsea, knowing that Barca will come out. Barca will definitely play their game, and may just achieve the two unreplied goals. But they need to raise the level to something beyond what we have seen all season. Pep has to sit down with his co-gaffers, and analyse Inter, as well as his team's apparent weaknesses. They have the spirit and they're hungry for it this season. But they're no complete side.

SHUT UP WAITING,

YOU FORGET WAITING YOU DO FOR CHELSEA LAST YEAR ( bad refere ko)

NA INTER CAUSE VOLCANO?

road trip ( just shut up )

DEM BEAT YOU AND ADMIT THEM BEAT YOU. NOT TEAM THEM NO FIT BEAT
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Johnnny(m): 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2010
But to say the truth o

Mourinho should start giving Balotelli some playing time o

Or else, I am afraid of the fury in that guy o, He may one give the special one a punch in the face o grin grin grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by ogazi007(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2010
Pep defeated mourinho 2-0 and mourinho defeated pep 3-1.
let us wait till next week.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by sammytb(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2010
Mourhino is just too much,
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2010
honeric01:

i can pay u to stop writing craps grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
Am tired of reading all this craps from those Barca Critic here, one thing u guys have to note is that is not yet over. so lets us wait and see what happen @ camp nou before Criticising Pep and messi for goodness sake, that we lose @ inter doesn’t make inter Superior. we out-played inter @ camp nou in the group stage with a woefully  2-0 wthout messi & co. the return leg @ camp nou is going to be totally diferent from what we saw yesterday, As an Enchanted Barca fan i still have 100% deem that we will Prevail.

@honeric01
abeg free those hater they are only envying our last year "Indissoluble succsess"  

Barca till i vist D-other world
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by AjanleKoko: 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
ActiveMan:

SHUT UP WAITING,

YOU FORGET WAITING YOU DO FOR CHELSEA LAST YEAR ( bad refere ko)

NA INTER CAUSE VOLCANO?

road trip ( just shut up )

DEM BEAT YOU AND ADMIT THEM BEAT YOU.  NOT TEAM THEM NO FIT BEAT

Bros, wetin?
Na ball o! Dem no dey pay any of us to discuss this matter. Why the abuse?
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
scantee:

@honeric01
abeg free those hater they are only envying our last year "Indissoluble succsess"

i bet u will deny barca at gun point grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by naso2(m): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
AjanleKoko:

There is no objectivity in what you have said here. Outright bias and contradictions in your post. I think you have spoken wholly as "I am a Barca fan" which you started with.

1.Barcelona are not so good on the road, or at least have not been this year. They have won only one game away, to Dynamo Kiev 2-1. A stronger side, and the story would have been entirely different for that game.

This explains it all. not just this season but last season also. last year Lyon had every chance to kill off Barca before a draw was scrapped. nuff said. just figure barca's away showing since last  year from the knock out stages of UCL and you see what I mean.

2.Whether they like to admit it or not, the long road trip must have played a role in the loss. I mean, I've not seen Barca look so disjointed in a long time. They really looked tired. These games are high-pressure. There's no way you can travel 14 hours on the road, and still go 100%, at this level. I guess they don't want to be seen as making excuses.

Except if you are just making up excuses for the team. In this context 1 and 2 are mutually exclusive. now what explains the fact that the Barca team was stronger in the closing minutes of the match , if fatigue is acountable? In the first leg against arsenal , just 5 more minutes would have turned the table completely against barca. was it travel fatigue too. IMO  Inter employed the chelsea approach in the semi final second leg against barca last season-- close marking,tight at the back,quick counter,power play, while ceding posession to barca. The difference in this case however was that Inter took their chances ---  minimal wastage . However the Barca effort and general team cohesion yesterday was even better than the stanford bridge showing until Iniesta produced that stunner.

Mourinho certainly knew how to break up the play. Barca play a high offside line, and they often get caught on the break. I was expecting to see more of the 1st half formation against Real Madrid. That would have guaranteed a packed middle, balls keenly contested, and then the more visionary strikers will punish any slip-ups.
Correct. Mourinho is a smart coach. You cant contest possession on every part of the pitch with a Barca team which is a combination of eurpean effeciency and south american flare. Tactically i expected PEP be smart enough play TOURE so that he can complement the general lack of energy in the team. IMO keita was hardly bullied by the inter team becuase of his strength.

Bad refereeing (Inter's good fortune I guess, since Barca had same last year at the same stage) had some role to play as well.

Abeg no go there at all. The only 50/50 occassion  was the penalty call by ALVES, but even that can be argued in the REFs favour , he seemed to have gone down too easily. Inter had two clear one-one onside balls ruled as offside. please check again.  SEE LIFE O, SO UNA SELF DEY TALK ABOUT REF? grin grin grin

OK O. We don hear. "he wasnt marked out","he marked himself out" ---- all talks about little impact which is a big blow to the Barca plan. Watch chelsea over two legs  last year and you agree that he was marked out.

Mourinho too has said that Barca can even score three unreplied goals in the second leg. But remember he is the master at mind games. Inter will definitely score at camp nou. They will exploit Barca's defensive frailties. Just hope for a score draw.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
odiaero:

i bet u will deny barca at gun point grin

hahahaaa i laugh in inter morinhobaratelimillitoetoomaiconsnijdercizzarzenneti
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by harmeenut: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
i bet u will deny barca at gun point Grin

I go die of laughter grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by nearest(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2010
HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 HONERIC01 FOR BACA PRESIDENT
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by nearest(m): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
nearest:

HONERIC01   HONERIC01   HONERIC01   HONERIC01     HONERIC01    HONERIC01      HONERIC01       HONERIC01     HONERIC01     HONERIC01     HONERIC01      HONERIC01   FOR BACA PRESIDENT
This guy has defended baca to death, i believe MOUTH and HAND go they pain the guy now, other baca fans please help the guy out oh!
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Bros, wetin?
Na ball o! Dem no dey pay any of us to discuss this matter. Why the abuse?

SORRY IF YOU GET OFFEND.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by damiboy2(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2010
for barca fans,it is a sorry case[ A NI RI RUE MO oooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by nowal: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
Quote from: scantee on Today at 03:58:04 PM
@honeric01

i bet u will deny barca at gun point Grin

Don't mind him. Blind love and passion lead to blind remark. Even Pep & Messi will deny Barca at Gunpoint cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by teeluv(m): 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2010
OMG  you nairalanders wont kill me with laughter. wetin. but wait, barca fans cant you people just accept simple defeat. ahn ahn. at least when una beat arsenal 4-1 them no complain, now una don chop 3-1, the thing dey pepper una for body. you're giving excuses that barca havent been good on the road dis season and they had to travel long distance, and the eruption of the volcano and all dt crap. if to say una beat inter for home una go complain, 
just drink water on-top d defeat and wait for second leg, maybe milito,and macion will be off corm too.  grin grin grin grin grin
its one of those things. ehn. pele,  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Atemitope(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
Barca fan shud nt get bitter,it shows 3 things: 1.they're not 'invicibles' 2.messi is nt a superhuman 3.everyday is nt xmas,
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Atemitope(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
Barca fan shud nt get bitter,it shows 3 things: 1.they're not 'invicibles' 2.messi is nt a superhuman 3.everyday is nt xmas,
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Atemitope(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FA Cup : Liverpool Vs Everton (2- 1) On 5th January 2018 / Manchester United Vs West Bromwich Albion (2 - 0) On 7th November 2015 / Manchester United Vs Bayer Leverkusen: UCL (4 - 2) On 17th Sept 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.