Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,085 members, 7,916,152 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:35 PM

Young Mother Poisons Her Son's Food In Order To Marry Her New Lover - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Mother Poisons Her Son's Food In Order To Marry Her New Lover (546 Views)

Young Mother Hangs Herself And Her Son In Ghana (Photo) / Housewife Poisons Her Husband To Death In Borno, Says "I Hate Marriage" / Mother-in-law Poisons Her Son’s Wife, Balogun Yetunde To Death In Kwara (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young Mother Poisons Her Son's Food In Order To Marry Her New Lover by markode777: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
@ Kingsleyiwu

A desperate young mother has put herself into a big mess after attempting to kill her 6-year-old son by putting poison into his food.

Terry Muthoni, a single mother from Kagongo village in Kerugoya, Kirinyaga County, Kenya was accused of trying to kill her child so that she could get married to her new lover.

The 22-year-old mother could not raise the Sh300,000 bond that the court had demanded for her to be released after she denied the charges. She will continue to cool her heels in prison until March 21, when her case will commence.

Attempts by the young mother to beg the Kerugoya Chief Magistrate, Samuel Soita, to reduce the bond because she could not secure a surety fell on deaf ears.

“I am not able to raise the bond you granted me due to the fact that I am a single mother, sick and no one wants to stand surety for me,” she begged.

The prosecution objected to the bond being reduced, submitting that the accused was likely to jump bail if released.

The mother remains in custody, even as she awaits an analytical report done by the Government Chemist on the poisoned food to ascertain the lethal substance used.

The magistrate said the bond could not be reduced because of the gravity of the charges.

Despite not having representation when the matter came up for mention last week, Muthoni denied the allegation.

Eleven witnesses, including the victim, are lined up to appear for the prosecution to prove its case against Muthoni.

SOURCE: http://www.kingsleyiwu.com.ng/2018/02/young-mother-poisons-her-sons-food-in.html

(1) (Reply)

Man Almost Lost His Eye After Being Beaten By SARS Operatives In Lagos (photos) / Man Shares His Terrifying Experience, With SARS Officials, Today, In Lagos / Woman ‘kills Party Guests With Poisoned Food Because They Ridiculed Her Cooking’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.