Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,044 members, 7,890,435 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! (14390 Views)

Tragedy Averted As Aircraft Tyre Bursts / Nigerians To Pay Over N290 Billion In Taxes For Travels To UK / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by AjanleKoko: 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
Yuck.

Actually I second 4 Play. The stunt is classic Darwin Awards stuff.

I can't even say I feel sorry for the fellow. What kind of dumb azz idea was that?
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by otuism: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2010
oh my god i feel like crying,this is a mess
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by denny4ril: 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
desperation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Mobsync(m): 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
What a pity! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Ifebazz(m): 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
I believe i can FLYYYY!!!!
Some 1 will have 2 pay 4 these blood dat we shed everyday, yeah, dat's wat de holy bk says.
Tufiakwa, politicians no go kill us 4 dia pikin dem.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Phony200(m): 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2010
Birds of a feather.

Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by deoyel25(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2010
Things dey happen for 9ja oo. What a pathetic news.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Suntemi(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2010
Imagine paying 800k just to travel through Tyre. cry
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by BlakkBoi(m): 1:35pm On Apr 20, 2010
STUNT 101.

He's lucky to have died in the US. Hope they bury his pieces in the US as a mark of appreciation for his personal sacrifice.

Not every stunt man gives up life trying to set a record.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by kizi: 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
Very sad news. sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by bisiaet: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2010
This is really touchy indeed and I'm so sorry for him and his family but he should not have tried this dangerous venture in the first place, I presume he was not very much aware of the danger in doing such.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by larimo(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
[size=14pt]Does anyone have the link to this story?[/size]

I have read a similar story with similar events but not of a Nigerian. No offense to anyone sympathetic here. I would not want to weep over a false story.  I have run a search on google and nothing pops up

Besides there haven't any international flights to the US or have there? undecided

Thanx cool
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by sammytb(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2010
, Hmmmmm, Naija pple, Haba, ! 4rm naija to d grave, O måsè o
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2010
It's just a funny story to me and I don't believe it either, reason being that the person who posted the news didn't cite a link to the original source of the news so,
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2010
Another stowaway, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by afiq(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ---------------- oh well, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by tosenbaba(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2010
The Guy don match movie tire and don imagine say, "I CAN DO THAT SHIT" ,, mumu
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by MsTom(f): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2010
People do crazy things sometimes. Some are lucky and some are not so lucky. Its a pity we cant ask why he did it. Cos I believed he must have weighed his options and decided this was best.

9jacrip:

It's just a funny story to me and I don't believe it either, reason being that the person who posted the news didn't cite a link to the original source of the news so,

Actually, this man is not the first. One happened in the late 90s, I believe. The man was believed to be an engineer who worked at the airport.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by MsTom(f): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
larimo:

[size=14pt]Does anyone have the link to this story?[/size]

Besides there haven't any international flights to the US or have there? undecided

Thanx cool

Yes. If flying directly to US.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by SapeleGuy: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by denzel2009: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2010
Awww what a pity! Atleast his ghost will be gallivanting  around the NY metro, he might even be able to narrate his ordeal through Whoopi!
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by mendax: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2010
cry
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by danwilliams111: 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
READ THIS OLD STORY - NIGERIANS DO THIS ALL THE TIME - IT IS CRAZY. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR PEOPLE.

Nigerian Stowaway to US Dies in Plane

January 2, 2004

Nigerian Stowaway to US Dies in Plane
AllAfrica.com, Africa

A Nigerian was found dead Tuesday night in the wheel well of a British Airways
plane at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, United Stated
authorities have said. Discovery of Nigerian currency notes in the 30 - 35 year
old man and the fact that the plane made a stop over in Nigeria convinced the
US that he is a Nigerian stowaway.

It is the second body found in the wheel well of a plane at the airport in less
than a week, however the body discovered earlier was that of a Jamaican.

The discovery comes at a time of a heightened terror threat alert level in the
nation. On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security asked that foreign air
carriers have armed marshals on some flights in the United States when
requested.

However, it has been the plight of many young Nige-rians to escape to other
countries in an attempt to escape harsh economic realities at home engendered
by high level official corruption.

The body was discovered while the aircraft's first officer was conducting a
routine examination after the plane's arrival from London's Heathrow Airport.

"The aircraft's first officer was conducting an examination of the plane when
he was struck by a strong odour coming from the left wheel well," a law
enforcement official involved in the investigation said.

"The dead stowaway, a black male between the ages of 30 and 35, was wearing
shoes and pants with some Nigerian currency in his pants pocket," the official
said.

"The plane was in Lagos, Nigeria, on Christmas Eve, and we believe the man
climbed into the wheel well while it was in Nigeria," he said.

Jim Peters with the US Federal Aviation Administ-ration said the body was found
hidden in the wheel well about 7 p.m. ET, was removed immediately and taken to
the medical examiner's office.

A British Airways spokes-man confirmed that a body was removed from the wheel
well of one of the airline's jets, but he declined to provide additional
information and would not speculate on any possible breach of security.

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Tony Ciavolella said the
Boeing 747 flew to JFK from Heathrow as Flight 177.

The FBI, Port Authority, Queens district attorney's office and Transportation
Security Administration are conducting a joint investigation, Ciavolella said.

On Christmas Day, the body of a man was found at JFK on an American Airlines
flight from Jamaica.

Do you have an opinion about this story?
Share it with other readers in our CAA Discussion Forums

http://www.californiaaviation.org/dc/dcboard.php

Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by maileby(m): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
Lord, have mercy on Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by skfa1: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2010
Jesus christ of Nasareth shocked shocked shocked

I think our goverment needs to start doing something so that our people will not be desperate no more.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Teminio: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2010
What a wasted life!!
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by mrkoma2012: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
It this is tru then was a pity to endanger your life without ,
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by spikedcylinder: 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2010
I laughed my bum out when I first read this but now it's just plain sad. cry
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by denony(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2010
wow, am stunned

what a risk?
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by clem2love(m): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2010
O GA WILL AMERICA NOT SAY THIS IS ANOTHER MUHAMMED ?

AFTER ALL 9JA NO GOOD BUT NO BODY WAN DIE SHE.

I ONLY PITY THE FAMILY AND WIFE COS THE MAN IS MARRIED. WELL MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE IF IS POSSIBLE. AND WOBNDER HOW HE WILL FELL WHILE HE WAS IN THE TYRE BEFORE HE DIED.

ONLY GOD WILL HELP US OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by oluagness(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2010
Why are people running out of naija by force? No job, food security etc. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates / Passengers Assault Turkish Airline Staffs Over Rescheduled Flight / Immigration To Hike Price For International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.