Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,021 members, 7,890,358 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:57 PM

Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! (14389 Views)

Tragedy Averted As Aircraft Tyre Bursts / Nigerians To Pay Over N290 Billion In Taxes For Travels To UK / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2010
Well, this is a lesson for all of us.  sad Dont go beyond your bondary. Going to US, UK, Germany and the rest is good but if you tried going and is not successful just believe that God dont want u there. At least there are many pple here in NIgeria that are making it without doing any illegal business or money ritual all we need is to pray that God should take us to where our destiny is. Learn a Lesson.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Linguist(f): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2010
may his soul rest in peace. but the question is this: is it mandatory for all to travel abroad? why should we kill ourselves on things like this?please lets learn to be patient for our own God appointed time .
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by beeman80: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2010
What a captivating news? I read this with so much shivers down my spine.Is this how Nigerians are desperate to leave the country?The murders of this man are the bad leaders.They are the real syndicates.They should all be arrested for this man's death.Sounds funny? Tell me,if the country was in good shape would he have embarked on this suicide mission? Will you find a Briton or American embarking in such a mission?We need to get our acts right.For as long as these leaders are ruling corruption will never stop.May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Ibomade1: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
It is kind of difficult to believe someone would do such a thing to himself.
Nigeria may be harsh but a bit of education and investigation would have saved this man's life.
How does he intend to breath @ 40,000 feet above the sea level where the temperature is like - 65 Centigrade. .

May God help us
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by princekevo(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2010
Na so the country dun bad reach, that people are embarking on such suicide mission jst escape out of the country.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Jarus(m): 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2010
Speechless shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by babsmii(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2010
@Jarus, u stole that from my heart
i just kept scrolling up and down the page, don't know what to say, this kain desperation na real wa o,
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Elgaxton(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2010
Too much of movies, I sure sey the guy don watch commando finish
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by babsmii(m): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
beeman80:

What a captivating news? I read this with so much shivers down my spine.Is this how Nigerians are desperate to leave the country?The murders of this man are the bad leaders.They are the real syndicates.They should all be arrested for this man's death.Sounds funny? Tell me,if the country was in good shape would he have embarked on this suicide mission? Will you find a Briton or American embarking in such a mission?We need to get our acts right.For as long as these leaders are ruling corruption will never stop.May his soul rest in peace.

shocked
it's greed, if he had the money to bribe his way to his grave, there are lots of people around him will shout Halleluya if they have that amount of money he used to bribe his way there. no one is to blame for that and may his soul rest in peace,
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Jephyard(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
This is another kind of it own. If it true he has to pay 800,000 for such tour to America i wonder how hard it is for him here. With that kind of money and no hope there is something wrong with nigeria.

Prayer is beyond the scope of the situation in Nigeria and i wonder what change this country to a better one.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by maddock(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2010
Am so sick and tired about people blaming the goverment for every sick, stupid and dumb moves by the citizen of the country. Comon its no longer news that we have very careless and insensitive goverment in power. So we should all start commiting suicide because of that. I used to see a cripple that crawl on his full belly, every morning you see him crawling to God knows where, all in the bid to make his living. If a cripple that crawls on his belly is always on the move evry morning, then tell me why a full two "handed and legged" individual would complain about not getting help from the goverment.
Am not saying its right for the goverment not to provide for its citizenry, but when such help are not forthcoming then we have to search really deep on what we can do. If only hes converted his daring negative energy to something very positive, Nigeria would have been better for it.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by azundu1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
I think the guy must have been studying air plane and how their tires works without considering that the tires will be closing up while the plane is on motion and he will loose his balance thereby having the tires crushing him.

Dont blame the man, heroes do thing in a different way. others have been going to the USA inside the plane, he wants to experience the world outside the plane.

Who knows he might plane to stop over in portugar, but didnt make it cause he was already dead when the plane got to his bus stop.

What a Hero, shocked grin
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Iranoladun(f): 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
It is not greed that'll make a man stowaway in the tyre compartment of a plane.

It is ignorance!

Ignorance of the fact that the tyre may crush him

Ignorance of the extreme temperature

Ignorance of lack of oxygen

Ignorance about the kind of business he can do with the money he paid to the arrangee of that stunt

May his soul rest in peace
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
maddock:

Am so sick and tired about people blaming the goverment for every sick, silly and dumb moves by the citizen of the country. Comon its no longer news that we have very careless and insensitive goverment in power. So we should all start commiting suicide because of that. I used to see a cripple that crawl on his full belly, every morning you see him crawling to God knows where, all in the bid to make his living. If a cripple that crawls on his belly is always on the move evry morning, then tell me why a full two "handed and legged" individual would complain about not getting help from the goverment.
Am not saying its right for the goverment not to provide for its citizenry, but when such help are not forthcoming then we have to search really deep on what we can do. If only hes converted his daring negative energy to something very positive, Nigeria would have been better for it.

If he was so desperate to go to the US in such dangerous methods, he should have re-directed his desperation into assassinating and kidnapping  corrupt governors (including ex-governors), their wives and children, maybe there would be less thieves to deal with thereby improving the environment he was running away from.  wink
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Pennywise(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2010
The entire security staff that had responsibility for that aircraft should be sacked. No less an action should be tolerated of Delta.

It could have been a bomb smuggled on that plane by a jihady group obsessed with killing Americans and other innocent pple. They have the mindset and at N800,000 ($5300), it would have been a very cheap operation indeed.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by MUZBO(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
Chei, if the guy had a bomb now its KABOOM!! . . . then into the atlantic.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2010
Pennywise:

The entire security staff that had responsibility for that aircraft should be sacked. No less an action should be tolerated.

It could have been a bomb smuggled on that plane by a jihady group obsessed with killing Americans and other innocent pple. They have the mindset and at N800,000 ($5300), it would have been a very cheap operation indeed.

Even the Jihadists in Nigeria love the goodies from the West, they hate yankees though. but with N800,000 a Jihadist will go back to his farm and family  grin

But yes you have a point, seriously, if this racket has been going on unnoticed, Abdul Mutalab would have not been caught had he taken this route and blown the plane when the tires open for landing.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Rastamann: 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2010
people should be educated on how these developed countries are. They are no bed of roses. How on earth will one hid in the tyre compartment of a plane just to travel to the USA? Imagine, no visa, no necessary papers, how on earth can he survive in the USA? Those with papers self get problem surviving talkless of those without paper. Well death has stopped him from suffering in the USA.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Pennywise(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
MUZBO:

Chei, if the guy had a bomb now its KABOOM!! . . . then into the atlantic.
Yes if he had a bomb everyone would have been dead b/c of the greed of a few.
lagerwhenindoubt:

But yes you have a point, seriously, if this racket has been going on unnoticed, Abdul Mutalab would have not been caught had he taken this route and blown the plane when the tires open for landing.

Yeah you would have seen the coward shaking hands with bin laden while innocents are at the bottom of the sea
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Redman44(m): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
The guy was very stupid to have made such a strange attempt to get into America. There is no way he would have arrived Obama's country safely. I wonder how desperate Nigerians can get these days. With 800,000 Naira he could start a business in Nigeria and end up doing well for himself and his family. Some Nigerians abroad cannot even boast of having 800,000 naira [ When converted to £ and $ ] in their bank accounts. There are always bills to pay and family demands on them. It is stupidity of the highest level. Hmn.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Borat1: 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
so how did he expect to survive in america? Roam the streets and beg or burgle peoples houses?
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by MsTom(f): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
I would not judge anyone. A lot of people in America live a life of lie to their families in Nigeria. They boast of things they have which is a complete lie. Some are rentals. It is lies like this that people see/hear that makes them want to go to America by all means. They send pics of these lies to someone in Nigeria. How do you convince that someone otherwise?
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by misterh(m): 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
Hey, the guy could have been a terrorist.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by eros(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
WONDERFUL!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by alleno: 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2010
He must have seen the Discovery Channel Documentary of the guy who successfully achieved a similar stunt. May His soul RIP!
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Rmc1(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2010
LOL the guy no kak/pkanji well 4 there.  shocked I can imagine the wild fear the guy felt as the tyres were folding, may his soul R.I.P. Can you all see the catalyst effects of corruption? things are so bad in naija that people are so desperate now.

While our politicians are busy looting the economy in the billions of naira and travelling first class with their families to shop in usa, and europe, poor nigerians are being crushed by plane tyres what a saga!!

All international flights should install cameras in their tyre wells,  and send air marshalls to contoll their tyre wells b4 take off to avoid future occurences.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by ebuwa101(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2010
men am i dreaming? didn't know this was a possible method of going to the US, and i have been applying for student visa and online visa lottery since God knows when, i could just hop aboard, and be abroad, thats cooool,

pls i need contacts of the syndicate, maybe i'll be lucky, wats life without risk?
can i come with sleeping bags and coffee, maybe my ipod

its swell
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2010
i really pity this man.RIP
ebuwa101:

men am i dreaming? didn't know this was a possible method of going to the US, and i have been applying for student visa and online visa lottery since God knows when, i could just hop aboard, and be abroad, thats cooool,

pls i nid contacts of d syndicate,mayb i'll b lucky,wats life without risk?
can i come with sleeping bags
lol
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by nazzyon(m): 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
It is just unfortunate and this should be a lesson to stowaway's.

He probably watched too many movies of spy's entering the plane through the wheel compartment.

I am very sure that he would have succeeded if he'd timed the motion of the wheel quite well. He would go there without a tool and one would be stupid enough to just think he'd sit in their through the course of the journey.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by Tuyis: 1:10am On Apr 21, 2010
The moment he entered the tyre compartment of that aircraft, he was as good as dead. To all would be stowaways, let this be a reminder!! You can never make it out of Nigeria, not to mention the USA. Pls Don't do it.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by chiogo(f): 1:34am On Apr 21, 2010
MsTom:

I would not judge anyone. A lot of people in America live a life of lie to their families in Nigeria. They boast of things they have which is a complete lie. Some are rentals. It is lies like this that people see/hear that makes them want to go to America by all means. They send pics of these lies to someone in Nigeria. How do you convince that someone otherwise?
Excuses!!

So, the stories made him jump on the tyres of a plane?  And the Nigerians in America now weren't told stories too, how come they didn't do like this one? Even a 10-yr-old should be able to discern when a story is being sugar-coated not to mention a grown man.
Re: Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane! by oyinda3(f): 1:36am On Apr 21, 2010
OMG i dunno what to say shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates / Passengers Assault Turkish Airline Staffs Over Rescheduled Flight / Immigration To Hike Price For International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.