Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,667 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:05 PM

Between Ibb And Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Ibb And Nigerian Youths (600 Views)

Obasanjo,ibb And Rugged Man Tweet About Bishop Oyedepo Opening The Gate Of Hell / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / Quit Presidential Race Now! You Are Expired El Rufai Tells Ibb And Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Ibb And Nigerian Youths by majorman1: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2010
listen to the interview first hand on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/hausa/news/story/2010/04/100416_ibbgnhy.shtml

Those who stand for the truth know that ibb put us in the mess that we are in now. That ibb institutionalized corruption. That ibb annuled june 12, the freest and fairest election so far in nigeria. And we’ll always remember him for these.

just now, in order to verify that i was not simply following the crowd, I searched in bbc hausa website and listened to the podcast of the interview, FIRST HAND. It was a rude shock to discover that after all the noise that we have been making, ibb didnt even say anything, repeat anything, about the youths of nigeria. He talked only about "sabon jini" which directly translated means “new blood” but in this context means “NEW BREED POLITICIANS” whom, in his own words, have failed to deliver the goods since he left office and so he thinks that they lack the know-how to move Nigeria forward (whether they have this know-how or not is another issue which is entirely different from what we are accusing him of here, and i’ll advise that you ask him to defend this
"no know-how" stand on his own).

In fact, in this same interview that we have been misquoting, the very first time he said “sabon jini”, he quickly followed it (perhaps, for the fear of being misunderstood, or misquoted) with a English translation by saying “NEW BREED” ( at precisely 11 minutes 52.8 seconds of the podcast, and any non-Hausa speaker will pick this clear words through effortless listening). SO WHERE DID WE GET THE WORD “YOUTH” FROM?

The man was a corrupt president. he betrayed us when we needed him most. and we’ll continue to see him as one of the most mischievous leaders that nigeria ever had. But it was not true that he was referring to the youths of Nigeria when he said “sabon jini”. It was not true!

It’s definitely time for the man to, i'll say, STEP OUTSIDE, but personally, I do not think that we the younger generation should support smear politics.

we must stand for the truth. always!
Re: Between Ibb And Nigerian Youths by mrperfect(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2010
Well, thank you for your time.
Re: Between Ibb And Nigerian Youths by majorman1: 12:36am On Apr 21, 2010
mrperfect, you are welcome, SIR

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Lead Poisoning: 'hundreds' Could Die / Nigeria's Flag In 1960 / And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.